It's seen as derogatory because people mistakenly understood it to refer the wealth of a nation when it actually referred to alliance or lack of to either NATO or the USSR.

So what we can take from this is that the terms are either derogatory when used in one context, or they are obsolete in the other since the cold war/Warsaw Pact has been over for a quarter-century.

So what we can take from this is that the terms are either derogatory when used in one context, or they are obsolete in the other since the cold war/Warsaw Pact has been over for a quarter-century.

But since it is historical, it should never be obsolete. It's like saying "Axis" or "Allies" are obsolete terms because WWII ended a over a half-century ago.

But since it is historical, it should never be obsolete. It's like saying "Axis" or "Allies" are obsolete terms because WWII ended a over a half-century ago.

Would you state that you just got back from an Axis nation upon return from a vacation in Florence?

I mean, to your non-flight sim friends, that is :)

Edited by engrish_major

We use these terms when we talk about the era when it was true. Which we seem to often do.

Now, as it isn't the Cold War anymore (I think), the meaning has changed along with the political landscape (one Soviet Union less, thus nobody ever says "Second World" when talking about the present anymore) since people still kept using it.

That thing about "literally" is annoying, true, but trends will happen, and they aren't going to stop unless something keeps us from speaking.

Edited by Frenchy56

The difference is that "Axis" has not evolved in meaning while "third world" has.

This reminds me of a pretty good South Park episode called "The F word" regarding the evolution of the term "fag". They end up using it in a completely new way.

Edited by Jade_Monkey

Would you state that you just got back from an Axis nation upon return from a vacation in Florence?

I mean, to your non-flight sim friends, that is :)

Who told you I have friends? haha

No, but if someone asked me to list the Axis nations, I would include Italy. Italy would also make my list of first world countries. How would you come up with a list of first, second* and third world countries? I the original system because it is strongly defined. This isn't 'Nam there are rules Donnie.

*Does a modern interpretation have room for the second world?

Ok, so for the DD of tomorrow i wish for footage from the new campaign. For example, a video of a Dev/1CGS employee playing a mission of the new campaign system.

Some moving video of the new naked metal skin technology would be cool.

Or some early 3d models of Bodenplatte fighters I bet would cause a wave of excitement.

Or some early 3d models of Bodenplatte fighters I bet would cause a wave of excitement.

Yes, I would love to see a showcase of all new improvements, tech, and effects coming up.

Nope it's too late now

Edited by =SqSq=switch201

Well now, tomorrow is Friday. In less than 24 hours, we could receive news so huge that we'd all be turning cartwheels across our lawns. You never know what might happen on a Friday.

Then again, it might be nothing. But the anticipation is fun.

I say they're going to surprise us completely by releasing a Hurricane Mk.IIb.

But I'm probably full of it.

It's nice to think about, though.

:biggrin::P:lol:

Two weeks, be sure. 

Sorry, I couldn't resist! But seriously, would venture to guess full release first week of March. (So in actuality, yes two weeks :P)

• Upvote 1

I recieved an e-mail about 1c with the following important parts:

As is our usual tradition to honor holidays, we have launched a Lunar New Year Sale on Steam and the Website from Feb. 15th until Feb. 19th

(...)

Battle of Kuban Release Coming Soon

Battle of Kuban is nearing completion which is scheduled for Q1 2018. That means the time is running out to take advantage of the current discount on its Pre-Order in our webstore.

Putting my money on a release for the 20th of February.

Edited by Pupo

Second week of March, at the earliest.

IMHO

The winter in russia ends at the first of march! so we might be in for an early treat!

Considering they are obviously still hard at work on the next huge update, and before last week's DD we went some time without one I would not be surprised to not see one tomorrow either.

But if it comes, it is icing on the cake.

;) 

we have launched a Lunar New Year Sale

Ok this e-mail has me a little baffled--How much dose a Lunar New Year cost when not on sale?

12 days 14 hours 23 minutes and 11 seconds till up-date  Just taking a shot in the dark

Edited by Ghost666

Ok this e-mail has me a little baffled--How much dose a Lunar New Year cost when not on sale?

12 days 14 hours 23 minutes and 11 seconds  Just taking a shot in the dark

3 oranges, a half dozen eggs and one watermelon.

:lol:

You will see the update in March... I've been saying it for weeks!

Oh... be sure!

Edited by Trooper117

but trooper... march is not winter... so since the said end of winter that would be a second delay... well I know google says 20. march but metrologic spring is on 1. march

Edited by KG_S_MrFies

but trooper... march is not winter... so since the said end of winter that would be a second delay... well I know google says 20. march but metrologic spring is on 1. march

you earned it  :ph34r:  :)

Cheers, Dakpilot

• Upvote 3

thx dakpilot

well but its true... they said end of winter 2018 ^^

Edited by KG_S_MrFies

Any time after April 28 will be fine. The good wife goes overseas for a month then.

"Oh honey I'll miss you!"

• Upvote 1

"Oh honey I'll miss you!"

Yeah

I love my wife but I wish she'd give me a chance to miss her.

Yeah

I love my wife but I wish she'd give me a chance to miss her.

I feel you bro!