BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 88 - Discussion

LoL!! Me too!! Can I get a Bill Whithers song up in heah!!

I got what I bought.. early access and in on the ground floor.. I am so looking forward to flying a P-40 in this engine... :)

It will be interesting to see what engine the P40 uses when it's released.

Given the new line up of aircraft I'm really hoping for a north africa setting next  

Me too, I haven't dined on a Spitfire in ages :( 

Well there will be other seasons on the Moscow map, not exclusively winter which we're tired of even more than players.

Sounds great Zak! Excited by all of this news!

It will be interesting to see what engine the P40 uses when it's released.

I believe it will be the allison v-1710-39, unless the VVS modified or changed the engines entirely.

Edited by AuroraJutilainen

I believe it will be the allison v-1710-39, unless the VVS modified or changed the engines entirely.

I had read that due to replacement parts shortages (the Russians tended to fly at full throttle in order to match the 109, this led to engines not lasting longer than a few weeks), they re-engined them with Russian engines, but when re-checking (after I posted), apparently this was now rare, with those aircraft relegated to secondary duties.

This was due to decreased performance compared to the original engines.

Does anyone have any info about the use of soviet engines in the P40's?

:dry:  ............ Talk about a soft on... :happy:

The "underlying issues with what is happening" are simply that contrary to the wishes and pontifications of many many folks... this new IL2 franchise is growing and expanding and moving forward, that it's demise has been greatly exaggerated, and that someone is indeed listening.

The FMB is on it's way... the DServer is on it's way.. you can believe it or not... but it is most definitely on it's way.. ;)

We will soon have maps with no snow... (I know everybody is sick of the snow... LOL.. can you imagine being a BoS fan.. and living in New England or out west in the snow belt of thr U.S.? ... :P no snow is looking pretty durned good about now.. :biggrin: )

.. and now... :) .. if you are an IL2 Battle of Stalingrad Standard edition owner...  You can buy into all this... without those pesky unlocks.. simply by buying the two add ons at the current sale price of $9.99 each...

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!

If you do not own IL2 Batle of Stalingrad at all..  and have been sitting on the fence because you were worried about the sim's future.. Wait no more! Buy the current Standard edition at it's current price of $59.99.. and then buy the two additional aircraft at their current sale price of only $9.99 ... You too can own IL2 Battle of Stalingrad Premium Edition without unlocks! For the amazing price of only $79.97!

Act Now! This is a limited time offer! (Don Pardo voice not included!!)

Sorry, I refuse to buy their money-grub DLC. It should be included with the main game, as is. They should have never had the unlock system in the first place. They should have kept to the good IL-2 standards. I refuse to support them any longer.

P's might be completely wrong but 77000 seem wrong to me

You are not completely wrong, the figure is. That is closer to the total number of LW losses for the entire war, including training accidents, on all fronts. Pure Soviet propaganda.

Not really the place for that debate in detail, but these falsehoods need to be corrected at source.

Just to reiterate, BOM does not mean the end of BOS support and development.

BoM CAN be bought as a standalone game, or ADDED to BoS so that all the content is unified.

The new extra planes can be bought for BOS, too, these being the P40 and the Macchi.

If you have doubts about the future direction or aren't happy with some of the features of the game as is, wait a bit and see, or play something else. No one is forcing anyone to buy it.

• Upvote 5

We will soon have maps with no snow... (I know everybody is sick of the snow... LOL.. can you imagine being a BoS fan.. and living in New England or out west in the snow belt of thr U.S.? ... :P no snow is looking pretty durned good about now.. :biggrin: )

yes I can imagine. Getting ready for another blizzard tomorrow while playing snowy BOS inside :)

Some people here ought to buy a new calendar, it's no longer 2001 and Oleg is no longer in da house. The times of "free" gimmicks and aircraft are over, finito, Ende. Look at your own job - Do your customers get freebies to the point of your own employer's insolvency? I thought not ...

Look guys, I know how attractive reminiscing about "the good old times" is and how easy it is to put on those rose-tinted glasses of nostalgia. It doesn't help, though. The past is the past, it's not going to come back. Better accept the realities of 2015 than being stuck in fond memories of what happened 10 to 15 years ago.

• Upvote 13

ZAK if you can uncover the veil of secrecy about one of this 40 fixes/futures and answer my question: will our planes will have exhausts smoke?

I agree Thor. Oleg lost his company a piece at a time, giving up shares and future profits in exchange for resources to fund the next free addon.

Edited by Feathered_IV

Some people here ought to buy a new calendar, it's no longer 2001 and Oleg is no longer in da house. The times of "free" gimmicks and aircraft are over, finito, Ende. Look at your own job - Do your customers get freebies to the point of your own employer's insolvency? I thought not ...

Look guys, I know how attractive reminiscing about "the good old times" is and how easy it is to put on those rose-tinted glasses of nostalgia. It doesn't help, though. The past is the past, it's not going to come back. Better accept the realities of 2015 than being stuck in fond memories of what happened 10 to 15 years ago.

Well said Thor.

Fantastic news, that you don't have to cancel the whole project due to financial reasons. Salute to all investors involved !

And thanks to the devs and Jason for all the enthusiastic work !

PS: and now I look for the planes on sale :)

Edited by BlackDevil

Loft just told me that we can offer you guys a deal: you find us a good programmer and we consider such engine upgrade.

Bit of misunderstanding.I do not want you to rebuild your game engine.I was asking just because of your point about compatibility between both BoS and BoM.I thought there must be smtg behind that.Now that you explained standalone/merge platform,I am ok with that ;)

Few questions:

1. About P40 and Mc202.Will they be available only with BoM release or can we expect to get them earlier?

2. Early access for BoM - will it be same as BoS? I mean,will you slowly release plane by plane,some small map like Lapino to fly over etc? That would be awsome!

Looking forward for early access again.That was the best part of BoS for me and for sure will be also for BoM.Please,consider releasing MiG-3 as first :salute:

this guy is asking the correct questions! the other 99 percent of you all seem to be brainwashed zombies....all excited over this new BoM....

Don't be so disgusted and hostile, please.
Great news, of course. New map, lots of nice planes in the new planeset. It is perfectly understandable that the players are excited about this.
BTW we could see something similar here in November 2014, when Tante Ju (unflyable only)  was presented in Developer Diary 85. Today is 14th February 2015 ... :)

• Upvote 1

I'm not making a big thing out of this because I'm sure u didn't mean any bad intentions but calling the bob's casualties a slight injury is highly offensive to me. Just think that yes this is a game but based on war where some ungodly amount of millions of people lost their lives.

Have fun mate but please think

P's might be completely wrong but 77000 seem wrong to me

Sry, but these were not my words, it is written in the book by the author...

And "the slight injury" was ment for Luftwaffe planes loses compared to those in Eastern front.

I thought it was clear.

No bad intentions, be sure.

Edited by ST_ami7b5

... the amazing price of only $79.97! Act Now! This is a limited time offer!

Everybody can hear often these words. They are very popular with sellers. I am sure that this "unique" offer will be repeated many times in the future. :)

Edited by paorel
  • Upvote 1

Great news. FME, dserver and over 40 corrections for Bos is comming, Il2 BoM, 10 new aircraft, autum/spring Stalingrad map, no unlock. No bad

This is a good point and I agree totally. New contents have to be financially supported by buyers if there's no alternative. And I will buy for sure the BOM expansion. 

Anyway, if I am not wrong, some of the new contents in IL2 (particularly planes) were coming from the community at no cost because work of passionate externals modelers was integrated in the main game.

The extreme application of this model is what's happening with CLOD, where the community has taken over the development of the game.

It is also a matter of choosing development policy. Closed to the community or opened or midway. Probably Midway is the best solution because community pushes onward the game and commercial input pushes community. There' sinergy and forces are joint.

Edited by FS_Fenice_1965

No, no, no. I retract that question on behalf of Feathered and formally ban him from ever saying such things ever, ever again plus infinity. We are NOT doing the FW190 topic here.

• Upvote 1

post of the month/year.Well written csThor.Should be made sticky on main forum page :salute:

@@JG5_Schuck

I miss the big squad Coop missions against the EAF,those guys could fly well

Thanks! We're still flying well - this time mostly in IL-2 Cliffs of Dover - taking part in massive MP missions on the Storm of War server.

We also have a few guys flying Il-2BoS and are having a blast in this well. (One of our EAF pilots flies airliners for a living and is pretty impressed with the FM).

I'm sure once the Mission Editor/Ded Servers come out we'll have even more of our guys flying.

The ability to do full coop, of course, would be even better! Everyone pick a slot, host hits fly - voila! So simple and yet so fun.

(Why it was taken out in Cliffs I have no idea. (Yes, yes, there is a workaround but - I want to fly, not be forever, be tweaking scripts and .ini files))

BoM: More maps, a/c and continual improvements along the way can only be a good thing. 

If, say in 5 years time, you could be able jump online and find IL-2 BOS servers also running Battle of Moscow, Battle of Tobruk, Battle of Normandy, Battle of Midway aircraft and maps  - would that be something to look forward to?*

(*Disclaimer - no inside knowledge here. But just looking at RoF WW1 theatres compared to WW2 potential theatres and it is easy to say there is more opportunity for expansion to viable (successful) theatres.)   

Well said. 

Go to the your account on the main website, not these forums, and look for your purchase info. There should be a new button there, if you're a premium member (on my phone now so can't see).

• Upvote 1

Hi all,

Sorry to ask,

but to confirm -  if I'm flying the campaigns or single missions on BoM can I fly the Ju87, HE111 and Yak and Lagg from BoS ?

But great news, thank you Devs.

Remember when the original IL2 came out it was a few years before we had forgotten battles and Pacific Fighters  (and all the rants of all the planes left out of PF!) The new IL2 team are actually getting new stuff out fast, it just doesn't feel like it...

Si

Better accept the realities of 2015 than being stuck in fond memories of what happened 10 to 15 years ago.

And that's ok too, but in the same time, the memories of the past are the base for evolution. This game should keep what good can be kept of those experiences.

I'm both excited and cautious, while I am really awaiting for BoM which means much more interesting background and plane setup than BoS, early vehicles like T-26, BT-7 or Panzer II tanks (such fun for Il-2 pilots !) the current state of the BoS keeps the concerns. I would expect the price to be lower than for the full product (though unfinished, but lets stay on that) which is BoS, I mean its going to be an independent expansion - while new planes, vehicles, areas and maps will be created, the mechanics, graphics, UI or gameplay will rather be completely used from BoS so I hope this wont be situation in which I will have to pay partially for the things I already have. 

Obviously I'm awaiting for further news, possibly including the details about the upcoming warbirds. I'm mainly interested what is the difference between the Il-2 we have already and one which will be in BoM. 

Also, considering P-40, Mc. 202 and MiG-3 we will have a lot more aircraft armed with heavy caliber machines guns, which might be both interesting but also cause a never ending discussions like there were in old Il-2 about their effectiveness ...

Personally I am waiting for I-16 Type 24, Macchi Mc 202, P-40 E-1 and Il-2. Oh boy, this will be a fantastic setup of warbirds and hope will bring a lot of fun  ;)