BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 88 - Discussion

And now gentleman, i will do the ancient dance of 'joy'.

1C, you may take my money and power of attorney. Please, I insist...

Nice news!

I'm very excited about this to say the least!

MiG-3...oh, so sexy! Make it evil!

...and I wish your ill developer to recover soon.

Awesome news, looking forward to the summer and autumn themes as well!

Yes and what about the difficulty on higher pilot levels?

If I have to play the campaing with pilot level 10 (which most likely everybody who has unlocked everything has reached) it's not going to be a lot of fun.

I am currently playing the IL-2 Missions, and it is almost impossible to get home. 

In almost every mission, there is Sniper AAA everywhere and the douzens of 109s are coming at me. 

I feel your pain. I gave up on trying to get that last skin for the IL2. Between the flak and the 109s it is impossible to make it back. At least for me having to do this on Normal.

There will be unlocks and they will be skippable for premium accounts.

That works....

Mixed emotions, frankly.

I recall flying the "Battle of Moscow" for hours in the old IL2. Theater therefore does not impress me. For that matter, Stalingrad bores me to death. So, same missions, largely the same planes (on German side at least). So, the novelty of the theater and missions, for me at least, is lacking.

Plus side: P-40, BF-110, Ju-88. All good but otherwise replicated in CloD and (soon P-40) DCS.

Compatibility? Advertised as yes but how about integrated? Pacific Fighters as I recall added the theaters planes, map and some functionality (carrier landings for example) to the existing IL2. Pacific Fighters was not stand alone as I remember the installation.

BoM?

Anyhow, going to look at this one closely before I decide to jump in. One thing sure, I'll make sure the direction is clear before deciding to purchase.

Oh but it was... It was standalone or merged. You had the option. That was where the designation Ver X.xxm came from. A lot of folks thought that m meant mods.. but it was for merged. For a while it did split the community.. only for a while.. There were a lot of guys from CFS2 who just did not want to fly the "other stuff" .. but they came around. ;)

Wait, I just realized something awful!

Skins will be unlockable content still..............................and the American skins will be level 9 and 10, be sure.............................durnit!!!!

'MURIKA!!

;)

Meeennnhh! Who cares.. As long as templates are released the skins will be an optional thing.. However I have no doubt that whatever the procedure will be in BoM to get these skins.. it will not be the same as it was in BoS.

Think about it.

Maybe I am just assuming here but... I am thinking that by the time BoM is released .. the FMB and DS will be out and being used by the community.. so that leads me to assume (I could be wrong.... but ... :rolleyes: ) that if that is indeed the case, that some means of grinding for these skins will be incorporated into user made campaigns as well..

Loft just told me that we can offer you guys a deal: you find us a good programmer and we consider such engine upgrade.

LoL!! OK some retired programmer who knows his stuff needs to sign on for this...

Am I surrounded by mindless drones or what? BoS just got released, and I'm not talking about all that early access schmaccess. You're now planning on releasing another game?! 

What about fixing and completing the one that you are currently working on first? Slowly, but gradually expand on the settings and the planes available. This, to me, looks like an attempt at DLC, making the customer pay more for less.

The reason I find this to be a really bad idea, is because back in the day when IL2 was just IL2, up until the point it reached IL2 1946... it was about flying, it was about planes... it was about having fun. Now, you launch one game and already plan another one. Where is the coop mode? The mission builder mode? Where are the options where the players, not a select few, can influence what this game becomes?!

I miss IL2 1946, before all the mods. We were one community, one large group of people who all wanted to fly and have fun. Now, we are IL2 CoD, IL2 BoS and next IL2 BoM. In effect, the community is being broken apart, reducing the amount of players per game and thus ruining great opportunities for those old school massive missions. We used to build these massive missions, work together and have 2 massive and focking amazing missions per night. A lot of people lived for that stuff. Now we have dogfighting servers... that's it...

Please 1C Studios. Hear my voice, hear our voices. Help us help you make IL2 BoS great, complete and whole. Then I'll gladly hand you another bag or money, or even two, for any 'expansions' on this game. Make us one community again and make that community the biggest and best out there. We once were, we can be again.

Good grief!! Mindless drones? Really? Is all that drama necessary... :unsure:

Look man.. you know the FMB is coming... You know the Dserver is coming... we do not know what will be avasilable in the final release of the FMB or how the Dserver will be implemented.. so why are some folks still going on about that? Lets see what we get .. We know that new maps are coming for Stalingrad...

To me this entire update is one big positive. Why? Because it says that contrary to the stated wishes of some and implied wishes of others.. this sim is far FAR from dead.... and as I have been saying all along.. BoS is the only sim dedicated WWII sim on the market at the moment that is still getting full developer support as evidenced by this recent update.

With BoM there will be no excuses. We know there will be unlocks.. which will be bypassable for Premium buyers.. We also know that by the time BoM is released the FMB and DS should be already out so....

That is good news,

However, I am not so care about the future, I hope you guys can finished the BOS development, such as FME, DSever and FM fix, as soon as possible.

If NOT, I don't think there are not so many users will buy BOM....

See the above post. I just do not understand why folks are still going on about the FMB & Dserver.. It seems to me and forgive me if I am misinterpreting some of these posts.. but it seems to me that some folks still think that these things are not forthcoming.. I believe we will have these things before BoM or at the latest by the time of it's release.. but I am thinking sooner rather than later.. This way they can release it and when they upgrade it for BoM content they can incorporate some of the bug fixes that I am certain the mission builders will find once they get their mitts on it.

• Upvote 5

Steam isn't showing the discounted DLC,is it coming soon?

They said they'll start at 10 Pacific. Is it there yet?

That P40 though - would it be available as a premium plane for both BoS and Moscow?

Yes, you will be able to buy it for BOS.

• Upvote 1

They are at 50% (8.99€) when I just checked

Well some thoughts need to be told :

Speaking as one of your early access players;

As I'm having lots of fun in BOS from the beginning like I do in the previous series, I advertised this great sim from the first announcement,

suggested it many times to my wingmen or any future virtual flight simmers, talked numerous hours how it "feels for us"

On the other hand, we all know that BOS is still inferior from CLOD and even from 1946 in some areas.

From now on I probably not going to follow your premium option due to witnessing what have you done so far,

I believe that you have some major cons those indicate that you may to re-think your strategy,

- Premium System that brakes equality / skill based gameplay (it could be a little gift - a manual - a map rather than extra planes)

- Idea of not finishing the current project like in CLOD and coming up with an another game rather than an expansion that divides the community,

- Restricting graphical settings,

- Basic skinning system inferior from CLOD,

- Forcing people to play single player scenarios for a very long time which shows that you may need to listen your community bit more better in the future,

- And the price that needs to be tonned down to handle the expectations.

• Upvote 4

With this plane set added to BoS and summer and autumn maps, there is possibility to do whole Battle of Stalingrad. This is good. Also this fills up nicely axis roster for Med, just saying...

Edited by 13./JG51mprhead

Sounds great. That will really help fill out the plane set, assuming they can be merged (which I really hope is the case). And then, god, think of the possibilities with 109E's, Ju88's, Macchi whatever it is - just paint the snow yellow, switch the trees to date palms and we've got North Africa!

Looking forward to subsequent updates to see how its going to work.

So glad you posted that quote about PF. That was what I really wanted to read.

Lol paint it yellow!! Haha that made me laugh! I thought of FC3: blood dragon

Personally another Eastern Front sim is not at all interesting for me, so I'll give it a miss. One sim on the Eastern Front is more than enough for me but I know you have a reasonable sized home audience and others who like it...I just think you are niching yourselves. But perhaps it keeps your dev costs down and maybe enables you to attract patriotic Russian investors or Govt funding

Andrew Brookes in his book "Air War Over Russia" says something like this (I don't have the English version):

" In war over Russia there were at least 77 000 German planes lost. If we compare it to German losses during BoB, which counted 1733 planes, we can see that it (BoB) was just a slight injury..."

So for me it's not yet 'too much of Eastern front', on the contrary, I hope for at least one more (Kuban/Kursk/Crimea) before moving to other theaters like Africa, Meditarenian, Pacific, Western front...

Edited by ST_ami7b5
  • Upvote 4

DLC ? Purchase on Steam? What does this mean exactly & what about use who have downloaded & play the sim without the Steam interface? :unsure:

Edited by Blitzen

So in Russia you only have 3 seasons?!?

haha VLADI, obviously you've never been there.

Actually there are 2 seasons:

Winter and a nice but short and crisp summer where all the girls drop  most of their cloths.

(They do this in winter as well but cover themselves with nice fury coats)  :lol:

Congrats on the milestone of getting continued backing to develop more content. Hope it all goes well. Personally I'll probably wait to see how things like the FMB pan out and see if we can get some sort of user control over graphic options before purchasing. 

The lack of a Ju87B-2 for a Battle of Moscow addition is very unfortunate. 

I do hope you reconsider adding this plane to the mix. Considering it was such a key part of this battle, especially in the initial stage.

The lack of a Ju87B-2 for a Battle of Moscow addition is very unfortunate. 

I do hope you reconsider adding this plane to the mix. Considering it was such a key part of this battle, especially in the initial stage.

But apparently we will be able to use the D-3 from BOS. 

Would the D-3 be to powerful to be used insteadl? I don't know the Stuka types appared to well?

Yes, you will be able to buy it for BOS.

They said the TEN plane PACIFIC theater is in the works? Can I start that rumor.............................. :lol: ?

• Upvote 2

DLC ? Purchase on Steam? What does this mean exactly & what about use who have downloaded & play the sim without the Steam interface? :unsure:

It's for the people that bought the game from steam!? :biggrin: Premium planes are dlc's there

Damn put up a preorder for BoM right now, as I just got 550€ on my account, and I'm an irresponible drunkard, and will have real problems keeping my money on the bank..

But apparently we will be able to use the D-3 from BOS.

Would the D-3 be to powerful to be used insteadl? I don't know the Stuka types appared to well?

The D series wasn't present in 1941, the B version is quite different. Of course we could use the D as a stopgap at first, but it would be nice to have the correct version one day!

Did you just decided to make 10 planes, sell them for 100 euros, add a map and therefore turn this game into a cash machine ?

I hope for you that you're not planning to make the DLC "games" that I expect you will do, i'm totally cool to buy all the stuff but at least bring us some extra free content we can actually fly and stop thinking about the money for a sec in order to give us something worthy to bear the name IL-2 with a decent amount of content without trying to milk us before having finished the first game. At this stage it's the equivalent of a beta in my opinion, the campaign is crashing there is only a handful of planes to fly (litteraly) and some features are missing.

I'm very happy about the Ju-52 (despite it's an AI) and the maps and I hope we'll get the appropriate planes for the early stages of the battles without us having to ruin ourselves.

Please prove me wrong and make something worth it out of Stalingrad and i'll follow you on Moscow and even buy all your premium content. Hell I may even pre order like a kamikaze xD (Thanks for the discount ^^).

Edited by Hauggy
  • Upvote 2

The D series wasn't present in 1941, the B version is quite different. Of course we could use the D as a stopgap at first, but it would be nice to have the correct version one day!

Yes that is, it would be a stopgap, but if the Stuka was important at the Battle of Moskau a stopgap is better than no Stuka?

I'm just happy about the 110 ;)

So is this an expansion pack, or a separate game? It says 'pre-order' and 'Early Access Plans'. Knowing where BoS is currently standing, the latter is scaring me with the current roller coaster.

Am I surrounded by mindless drones or what? BoS just got released, and I'm not talking about all that early access schmaccess. You're now planning on releasing another game?! 

What about fixing and completing the one that you are currently working on first? Slowly, but gradually expand on the settings and the planes available. This, to me, looks like an attempt at DLC, making the customer pay more for less.

The reason I find this to be a really bad idea, is because back in the day when IL2 was just IL2, up until the point it reached IL2 1946... it was about flying, it was about planes... it was about having fun. Now, you launch one game and already plan another one. Where is the coop mode? The mission builder mode? Where are the options where the players, not a select few, can influence what this game becomes?!

I miss IL2 1946, before all the mods. We were one community, one large group of people who all wanted to fly and have fun. Now, we are IL2 CoD, IL2 BoS and next IL2 BoM. In effect, the community is being broken apart, reducing the amount of players per game and thus ruining great opportunities for those old school massive missions. We used to build these massive missions, work together and have 2 massive and focking amazing missions per night. A lot of people lived for that stuff. Now we have dogfighting servers... that's it...

Please 1C Studios. Hear my voice, hear our voices. Help us help you make IL2 BoS great, complete and whole. Then I'll gladly hand you another bag or money, or even two, for any 'expansions' on this game. Make us one community again and make that community the biggest and best out there. We once were, we can be again.

this guy is asking the correct questions! the other 99 percent of you all seem to be brainwashed zombies....all excited over this new BoM....hell BoS is still brand new and BROKE and you all are already willing to shell out more money for another piece of software? hundreds of posts almost daily asking for the devs to fix and add to BoS and yet they (devs and their "super limited/small team) are already starting on a new game to take more of you sheeples money. FIX WHAT WE HAVE! bos has TONS of potential and all we want is for it to be fixed and improved upon. as for you zombies, STOP GIVING THE DEVS MONEY and supporting them in releasing incomplete software. make them work for their damn money like the rest of us have to. I am very disappointed. just spent the 100 bucks for BoS about a month ago with high hopes for it only to read the diary today which makes me feel like all of us BoS fans have just been thrown on the back burner....which is EXACTLY the case if they are already starting on a new game....bah.... if the team of programmers is so small that it takes months upon months for them to fix/add to BoS then they have NO business adding to that work load creating a new title. just my 2 cents.

Edited by Noruas
  • Upvote 5

Did you just decided to make 10 planes, sell them for 100 euros, add a map and therefore turn this game into a cash machine ?

10 planes, whom most are pretty new, 1 map declinated in 3 seasons, for 100 dollars and no euros, I don't see where could be the problem.

Are you aware these people need to put some food on the table too, like any others ?...

By the way, they speek of 2015 Q3, so there is still some time to improve and finish BoS, and a lot of the necessary work, once done, will be for the whole series. The FMB, Dserver, SkinsViewer, etc.. need only an update in the future.

And eventually, they've a business, so they need to planificate a rational usage of their ressources : for example, they have some 3D graphics makers, cool, but let's say now all the planes are made, so they should dismiss them because they've no work to give them ? Or maybe these 3D graphic designers could work on a new project, while the programmers finnish BoS... etc

They proved us they can handle several projects at the same time : remind the big work they did on RoF right when BoS was just released. We don't have to forget all our (legetimate) fears, but we have to believe in them, and give them some money, they deserve this, and this is good for what we want.

I believe in them.

Edited by Solmyr
  • Upvote 3

this guy is asking the correct questions! the other 99 percent of you all seem to be brainwashed zombies....all excited over this new BoM....hell BoS is still brand new and BROKE and you all are already willing to shell out more money for another piece of software? hundreds of posts almost daily asking for the devs to fix and add to BoS and yet they (devs and their "super limited/small team) are already starting on a new game to take more of you sheeples money. FIX WHAT WE HAVE! bos has TONS of potential and all we want is for it to be fixed and improved upon. as for you zombies, STOP GIVING THE DEVS MONEY and supporting them in releasing incomplete software. make them work for their damn money like the rest of us have to. I am very disappointed. just spent the 100 bucks for BoS about a month ago with high hopes for it only to read the diary today which makes me feel like all of us BoS fans have just been thrown on the back burner....which is EXACTLY the case if they are already starting on a new game....bah.... if the team of programmers is so small that it takes months upon months for them to fix/add to BoS then they have NO business adding to that work load creating a new title. just my 2 cents.

Sorry, you lost me at sheeple........................I await your personal attacks, now.

I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16. I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16. I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16. I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16. I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16. I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16, I16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

The more planes and maps the merrier. Glad to see the devs hard at it. I hope I'm wrong, but unfortunately the Russian side is gonna suck even more hind tit. I wish they would have gone the other direction in time (or theater) when the technological differences were closer matched.  Favoring the Ruskies, I’ve been just itching to get even aboard something like an LA-7. I'll bet my last penny most of us would have rather gone forward in time than backward.

By-the-way, I agree 100% with JG5_Boelie's opinion (fix/improve what we have, first).

Edited by gustaf

On the other hand, we all know that BOS is still inferior from CLOD.....

Sorry but I am obviously quite igorant... This is not clear to me....

• Upvote 4

Why do I have the feeling to be one of the only guys who actually read the developer diary and not just watched the pictures of the announced planes ?

How much did I already spend on this game ? And now, it's release since... October ? Like 4-5 months ? It's not even finished, but hey ! new game, 10 planes again !

At what cost this will be ?

Tell me, how many planes planes had Il-2 Sturmovik, when PF came out ? And how many planes will have BoS when BoM will come out ? Just to give me an idea...

Yes, I'm sure it's a not even comparable amount of work when we see the accuracy of the Flight Models of BoS planes compared to the old Il-2 ones but... They are not finished.

BoS will be "mod"able to counter this, right ?

• Upvote 1

this guy is asking the correct questions! the other 99 percent of you all seem to be brainwashed zombies....all excited over this new BoM....hell BoS is still brand new and BROKE and you all are already willing to shell out more money for another piece of software? hundreds of posts almost daily asking for the devs to fix and add to BoS and yet they (devs and their "super limited/small team) are already starting on a new game to take more of you sheeples money. FIX WHAT WE HAVE! bos has TONS of potential and all we want is for it to be fixed and improved upon. as for you zombies, STOP GIVING THE DEVS MONEY and supporting them in releasing incomplete software. make them work for their damn money like the rest of us have to. I am very disappointed. just spent the 100 bucks for BoS about a month ago with high hopes for it only to read the diary today which makes me feel like all of us BoS fans have just been thrown on the back burner....which is EXACTLY the case if they are already starting on a new game....bah.... if the team of programmers is so small that it takes months upon months for them to fix/add to BoS then they have NO business adding to that work load creating a new title. just my 2 cents.

Yeah, statistically 99% are often wrong. ...geez..... Sometime I wonder if we have people with with more forumIDs than one... Lots of negative posts from people with a total amount of... 1 post.

Edited by SvAF/F19_Klunk
  • Upvote 5

Look on the bright side peeps, at least BoM will be codded in DX 9, woohoo! 

It took a few pages for the sourpusses to come out of the woodwork ;)

There's some valid criticism blended in between the butthurt, though.

Still I just don't get the 'fix BoS first'-argument. BoS right now is NOT broken. Yes, there are a lot of issues still, but an advanced simulator is never gonna be free of issues and inconsistencies.

It's pretty clear that the devs will continue to develop and improve both the core sim and the BoS content during development of BoM, and there's really no conflict there.

Some people seem to forget that the devs also run a business and have to generate revenue which will make it posible for them to improve on BoS also. They can't get stuck fixing little things in BoS, they have to start out on the next thing now or nothing at all will be done.

Edited by Finkeren
  • Upvote 13

as for you zombies, STOP GIVING THE DEVS MONEY and supporting them in releasing incomplete software.

Do you REALLY think that will have any effect other than stopping development at all?

You noticed that this isn't a multi billion $ company? And even with companies as UB***** it wouldn't work!

And by the way, this game is pretty damn good for an incomplete piece of software (which it isn't)

Edited by =69.GIAP=VLADI
  • Upvote 2