BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 88 - Discussion

Well there will be other seasons on the Moscow map, not exclusively winter which we're tired of even more than players.

Gezzus, bout time!  Was wonderin when I was gonna be able to wear my camo shorts.  In all honesty, this game/sim is (1 of) the best around but really, really, enough already of the white stuff.  The last time I flew this game 6 months ago I found myself loose depth-of field & contrast in vision to the point where I actually got dizzy - time to drop the gear & gitter down on terra firma.

I know how beautiful European geography can be and the areas we fly is - even in summer.  Can't wait till Spring arrives!

Well, this BoM is great news.  I can spend another $100 a year but methinks 1.additional Paid planes would be very popular,

2. Mission focused on  bomber crew positions for a change of pace - you did amazing work getting the bombardier and gunner positions accurate so practice makes perfect--- guess that may be on player hosted servers,

3.Identifiable wingman/ AI - perhaps giving them characteristic temperaments and quotes "let's attack dammit", "don't be hasty", "payback time"  in the "Tallyho chaps" manner of certain knights of the air.  I can't believe these high spirited pilots were so antiseptic; I've know quite a few Russians and they were quite colourful characters- women included! And stories of Russian pilots ramming enemies when out of ammo leads me to expect more passionate banter on the airwaves.

Anyways if the odd AI had a bit of flavour or some flashy skin identifier to give some depth, make covering their behind meaningful.  Not costly but leaning in the immersion direction.

There's probably another place to post this.

My lag "up here" is too high but I can't' wait to be back in civilzation to get to multiplayer.

Just to reiterate, BOM does not mean the end of BOS support and development.

BoM CAN be bought as a standalone game, or ADDED to BoS so that all the content is unified.

The new extra planes can be bought for BOS, too, these being the P40 and the Macchi.

If you have doubts about the future direction or aren't happy with some of the features of the game as is, wait a bit and see, or play something else. No one is forcing anyone to buy it.

You're wrong .. adding the Macchi you force me to buy it. :)

Quick Question: Is this BOM going to the steam platform when it approaches early access stage?

If so, I am in no rush buying it (lesson from BOS) because I still kinda a bit of complain the devs didnt inform us that BOS would be on steam back when this sims had announced.

No harsh here, well, I think anyone didnt even asked it before they threw the money in.

The key phrase here is 'finish what you started'. The devs started the Eastern Front, it would be sad for them to leave it right away.

Besides: DCS will soon be able to fill your needs for detailed, high quality Korean War air combat. Better to have the sims available to us supplement each other rather than all try to do the same thing.

If you don't mind flying just a Sabre or MiG over eastern Europe and dodging modern AAA and SAM for the next little while.   :wacko:

Though IL-2 is less accurate of a sim, it feels like a better one due to the immersion factor.

If they finished Khalkin Gol, the SCW, and of course, WW2, I sure wouldn't mind Korea.  Sure, there are a few high performance jets, but there are also a multitude of superprops, old ww2 workhorses, carrier ops, land based ops, nations, and targets, with the added bonus of casting away the old "axis vs. allies" rivalry we know so well.

And there is still dogfighting, even between jets.

Edited by CF-105

AAArrrrgggh, Dammit I got all excited went to order and ordered another premium copy of Stalingrad....such a loser

But in my case, once you try Oculus DK2 with other games/demos I can not use anymore TrackIR with BOS/ROF. It is just quite weird!. 

Right! I put my trackIR away - and that's one of the reasons why I don't play BoS anymore. The rift's head tracking is much better and easier than TrackIR!