BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 88 - Discussion

AWESOME!

Great news. Looking forward to preordering premium! :)

But please dont forget to give the FW 190 some love!

You put it in nice words   :soldier:  +1

I have just wee'd in my pants. This is fantastic. Now I get to ride Janette Krankie.

:o:  

BOM will be similar to Pacific fighters game released long time ago - BOS and BOM are going to be fully compatible, but you'll be able to buy BOM separately from BOS as well.

Excellent!  :salute:

Sounds great. That will really help fill out the plane set, assuming they can be merged (which I really hope is the case). And then, god, think of the possibilities with 109E's, Ju88's, Macchi whatever it is - just paint the snow yellow, switch the trees to date palms and we've got North Africa!

Looking forward to subsequent updates to see how its going to work.

So glad you posted that quote about PF. That was what I really wanted to read.

Sounds great. That will really help fill out the plane set, assuming they can be merged (which I really hope is the case). And then, god, think of the possibilities with 109E's, Ju88's, Macchi whatever it is - just paint the snow yellow, switch the trees to date palms and we've got North Africa!

Looking forward to subsequent updates to see how its going to work.

So glad you posted that quote about PF. That was what I really wanted to read.

Community map building tools would be pretty flash.  ;)

• Upvote 1

And then Il2-Sturmovik: Battle of Karelia with B-239, I-15, DB-3, Bf-109 G6 and other relevant planes :D

Excellent suggestion!

But BoK won't be complete without the Fokker D.XXI ofcourse ;)

• Upvote 1

If I understand this correct, then BOM will merge with BOS, so that both "Titles" uses the same GUI ?

This then means that when we get the FMB, content from both titles can be used on both maps and the way to swap between BOS and BOM is simply by selecting the right map, very much like the Channel map for ROF ?

But if You only want BOS, then it will remain very much as it is now, or if You pnly want BOM, then it will be like current BOS, just only covering the BOM content.

Correctly understood ?

FinnJ

From LOFT

Posted Today, 17:06

Acid_Reptile, on Feb 13 2015 - 12:16, said:snapback.png

In the "Battle for Moscow" will map winter, I understand you correctly?

Not only. In general, we will all be talking in his diaries on the way, as it was with CPB (BOS) . But we now have more knowledge and skills and brought in a team of talented completion, BZM (BOM) therefore will immediately contain several seasons. But all the stories of his time.

Cool beans!  It'd be nice for some kind soul to transfer useful Russian forum stuff across (not me!).

von Tom

I would like to say that I am excited for BoM but honestly, this just leaves me with a lot of questions about how the two products will play together. The "second product" take doesn't make sense to me with how Ilya Murromets was received and the apparent separation between the products concerns me about BoS' long-term development.

I need more information before I plan to set aside the funds for preorder, especially with how this ship has sailed...

[Edited] me sideways... 
I was sceptical about this game's future, especially after it's slightly turbulent release, but wow, this is amazing news.

This game is following Rise of Flight's footsteps. And you couldn't have picked better footsteps to follow!

Edited by Bearcat
Language
  • Upvote 1

Hi Devs,

great news and nice new planes.

My question is:

will be DX 11 implemented in the future?

TY

Excellent suggestion!

But BoK won't be complete without the Fokker D.XXI ofcourse ;)

And Morko Morane, of course!

It'd be nice for some kind soul to transfer useful Russian forum stuff across (not me!).

Loft said that we'll be giving further details in future dev blogs. He also mentioned that after BOS release we're able to work faster, and we'll try to give more than 1 seasn on the Moscow region map

• Upvote 13

Nice planeset, good news about compatibility: essential.

Main reservation to be tested before buying: is anyone going to be able to make interesting PWCG or DCG type campaigns using the BoS/BoM as base?  (BoS/BoM sounds a bit like a 50 Shades of Grey chapter heading).

The other thing is that the Battle of Moscow, 1941, took place in the SNOW aaarrgh! ( A bit before that in the rain, but not much flying). OK just seen last comments...hope the map goes a long way west....

Edited by unreasonable

I would like to say that I am excited for BoM but honestly, this just leaves me with a lot of questions about how the two products will play together. The "second product" take doesn't make sense to me with how Ilya Murromets was received and the apparent separation between the products concerns me about BoS' long-term development.

I need more information before I plan to set aside the funds for preorder, especially with how this ship has sailed...

Muromets and RoF were merged recently.  BoS and BoM will be merged too.  See page 1.

Fantastic news! Almost all of the announced new planes can also be historically used in Battle of Stalingrad - excellent plane choice.

Yeah -really cool announcement and I will certainly buy BOM too along all additional aircraft and content, if not for anything else, then for supporting this project.

But I also hope that they very soon will look into those useless ground attacl AI, since thats my biggest gripe with BOS currently.

But the sun is shining again in BOS/BOM country :)

FinnJ

It does seem to flesh out the hangar rather nicely.

It almost feels like BoS/Bom (Bombos!) is going to leap from DCS territory to - dare we whisper it? - the IL2 zone.

[bombos - © Annoying Acronyms Inc.]

And now that we'll get the I-16, the question is: which plane will appear in RoF hangar? :biggrin:

I couldn't care less about the battle of Moscow.. i thought.. until I saw the plane-list! (and mainly the wonderful Bf 110 E-2) They will not be totally separate products I hope IL-2 BoS and BoM!

Edited by Pigmachine
  • Upvote 1

And now that we'll get the I-16, the question is: which plane will appear in RoF hangar? :biggrin:

P 39 ;)

It does seem to flesh out the hangar rather nicely.

It almost feels like BoS/Bom (Bombos!) is going to leap from DCS territory to - dare we whisper it? - the IL2 zone.

[bombos - © Annoying Acronyms Inc.]

I do like Bombos patrick-star-mobile-wallpaper.jpg.

How about Bomboabos (a stands for africa) ;) ?

But I also hope that they very soon will look into those useless ground attacl AI, since thats my biggest gripe with BOS currently.

I agree. There is a patch coming in few weeks, maybe it icludes AI fixes also. It definitely needs tweaking

Now I get to ride Janette Krankie.

That's just wrong. 

Anyway, the I-16's a pocket-sized, erm, Olga Kuryenko, er...

BOM will be similar to Pacific fighters game released long time ago - BOS and BOM are going to be fully compatible, but you'll be able to buy BOM separately from BOS as well.

Will BoM be cheaper then BoS (or at least for BoS owners)

MiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiG-3!!!!!!!!!!!!!

even a P-40! pretty awesome news!

That's an interesting news.

When current BoS porblems will be cured (mainly lack of interesting offline content for me), I will buy it.

Edited by jeanba
  • Upvote 1

Whoa! What an unexpected freaking great dev diary!!!

You made my day!!!! Many thanks! :) :) :)

I will pre order the premium edition on day one, be sure!

Ok i see, you want sell this same cake in different name. I'm not gonna buy this.

Good luck.

• Upvote 1

Ok i see, you want sell this same cake in different name. I'm not gonna buy this.

Good luck.

Hmm

You cannot sell the same cake twice, but You can sell one very much alike.