6./ZG26_Gielow

BoS 1920x1080 High Settings Hardware

HDR on

2018_3_7__3_33_7.thumb.jpg.6dec35a7118eae56dcae44a68ed3b0ba.jpg

HDR off

2018_3_7__3_31_31.thumb.jpg.b8edf74543220457caa89c82899969d6.jpg

The effect is clear on a standard display. Note the details that completely vanish in shadows when HDR is off. 

31 minutes ago, JG7_X_Man said:

HDR and G-Sync are hardware driven. Google it. 

This HDR rendering has nothing to do with hardware. 

19 hours ago, Mitthrawnuruodo said:

The effect is clear on a standard display. Note the details that completely vanish in shadows when HDR is off. 

This HDR rendering has nothing to do with hardware. 

Read up on HDR

You need HDR-compatible hardware (new TVs) and HDR content (movies, TV shows) to get this picture quality upgrade.

From what I can see, you probably tweaked your gamma to prove a point. HDR is hardware driven as much as software - we will have to agree to disagree on that one.

Edited by JG7_X_Man

6 minutes ago, JG7_X_Man said:

You need HDR-compatible hardware (new TVs) and HDR content (movies, TV shows) to get this picture quality upgrade.

From what I can see, you probably tweaked your gamma to prove a point. HDR is hardware driven as much as software - we will have to agree to disagree on that one.

That is completely false. I only switched off HDR. 

This video also demonstrates the effect of HDR.

Once again, it is clearly visible without special hardware. Anyone can replicate these findings. 

• Upvote 2

Dude! You are going to have to let this one go - That isn't true HDR. To get true HDR you need an HDR capable display which is why I bought an HDR capable TV. 

It's like the difference b/w Adaptive braking on my neighbors car and my Autonomous breaking on my car. Almost - but not the same!  Conversation over!

17 minutes ago, JG7_X_Man said:

Dude! You are going to have to let this one go - That isn't true HDR. To get true HDR you need an HDR capable display which is why I bought an HDR capable TV. 

It's like the difference b/w Adaptive braking on my neighbors car and my Autonomous breaking on my car. Almost - but not the same!  Conversation over!

I don't think anyone is saying it is the same thing. But the HDR on/off setting does change the look even with people with no HDR display.

8 minutes ago, engrish_major said:

I don't think anyone is saying it is the same thing. But the HDR on/off setting does change the look even with people with no HDR display.

His argument was : HDR rendering has nothing to do with hardware. 

If that is what HDR ON/OFF does without HDR capable hardware- it's just like gamma correction of -0.1 - which isn't what HDR does.

Edited by JG7_X_Man

41 minutes ago, JG7_X_Man said:

I will let it go once you retract the false claim that the HDR setting in Il-2 has no effect when using a monitor that does not support HDR video.

22 minutes ago, JG7_X_Man said:

His argument was : HDR rendering has nothing to do with hardware. 

If that is what HDR ON/OFF does without HDR capable hardware- it's just like gamma correction of -0.1 - which isn't what HDR does.

High Dynamic Range (HDR) is a name applied to several different technologies. The setting in Il-2 is related to HDR rendering (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-dynamic-range_rendering). This doesn't just change the gamma; it uses special lighting calculations to preserve more details when rendering really bright and really dark areas. 

This is distinct from HDR video (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-dynamic-range_video) such as the Dolby Vision format supported by your monitor.  This allows content to be displayed with 10-bit colour. Il-2 does not even support HDR10 or Dolby Vision. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Hi, I would like to ask if such a computer configuration would be able to run Il-2 BoS on the highest graphic settings? . 

Intel Core i5-2500 (4 cores up to 3.70 GHZ) 

8 GB  RAM (DIMM DDR3, 1600 MHz) 
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti Titanium 4GB GDDR5

On 3/24/2018 at 6:24 PM, GTursonA523 said:

Hi, I would like to ask if such a computer configuration would be able to run Il-2 BoS on the highest graphic settings? . 

Intel Core i5-2500 (4 cores up to 3.70 GHZ) 

8 GB  RAM (DIMM DDR3, 1600 MHz) 
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti Titanium 4GB GDDR5

In a word no

but it should run it at medium/high setting at 1080P but def not highest, however IL-2 scales well and still can look very nice on lower options

Cheers, Dakpilot

Just installed BOS on my fairly new high spec PC

I7-7700

1080TI

16 gb

2TB storage

256 SS drive

4k monitor NEC

I tried ultra at 4k

Got some odd artifacts and screen tearing

Thought I ask the experts on suggested settings

Thanks 

Bob 

1 hour ago, JG26jokkmccarthy said:

screen tearing

Make sure that V-sync is enabled.

1 hour ago, JG26jokkmccarthy said:

Got some odd artifacts

Not sure what is meant by this.

Here's a procedure that I'd suggest for optimizing settings

• Enabled "Full screen", "Vsync", and "Use 4K textures"
  • Disabled "Enable VR HMD" and "Multi GPU support"
  • Screen resolution set to native
  • Dynamic resolution factor "Full"

Observe your frame rate in a heavy mission (default 'backspace') and adjust the following settings until it's stable at the level you desire

• Shadows quality 
  • Mirrors
  • Distant landscape detail
  • Horizon draw distance
  • Grass quality
  • Clouds quality
  • Antialiasing
  • SSAO
  • HDR

The remaining settings don't really affect performance. Adjust them to suit your preferences

• UI scale
  • Landscape filter
  • Gamma correction
  • Sharpen

Your system is very powerful. It should be able to run the game well. 

Edited by Mitthrawnuruodo

Perfect, thank you very much.

The artifacts I mentioned were some textures not loading on instrument panel.

Bob

Edited by JG26jokkmccarthy

intel G4560 3.5 GHz dual core (with HT on 2+2 cores, 4 cores total)

GTX 1060 3GB VRAM - OC to "1060ti"

8 GB RAM 2400Mhz

SSD HD 120GB

1920X1200p 60Hz monitor

In game settings: overal video settings HIGH, vsync ON (resolution set to 1920x1200 as this is a native resolution of my monitor), fullscreen off, clouds high, shadows low (still looks good), 2x distant landscape, 40 km distance, 4AA, HDR, Mirrors off, Landscape filter off, Grass normal, Sharpen and SSAO off, Dynamic resolution factor - full, target fps - off (since Im using vsync).

Nvidia control panel - Power - prefer max performance, testure filtering - perform,ance, everything else "use application settings".

I have, both, in single player (with 16p lanes tested) and in multiplayer (full servers with 84 ppl) FPS almost constanty locked at 59 (refresh rate of my IPS Dell monitor), sometimes goes to 57 and thats it.

Edited by blackram

Hi,

I know my setup isn't the most advanced but I think my computer may be underperforming. I'm only getting about 14 FPS when there is terrain or clouds in view and when there are a lot of objects. I have set up my settings according to those provided by the developers for the recent IL-2 Kuban update and are at the lowest possible benchmarks. Can any one tell me where my issues may lie?

System Specs:

Intel Core i7-3770S CPU @3.1GHz

AMD Radeon 7600A Series with 2 GB, Core Clock 600 MHz, Memory Clock 800 MHz

12 GB RAM

1920X1080p 60Hz Monitor

23 minutes ago, pht0830 said:

Hi,

I know my setup isn't the most advanced but I think my computer may be underperforming. I'm only getting about 14 FPS when there is terrain or clouds in view and when there are a lot of objects. I have set up my settings according to those provided by the developers for the recent IL-2 Kuban update and are at the lowest possible benchmarks. Can any one tell me where my issues may lie?

System Specs:

Intel Core i7-3770S CPU @3.1GHz

AMD Radeon 7600A Series with 2 GB, Core Clock 600 MHz, Memory Clock 800 MHz

12 GB RAM

1920X1080p 60Hz Monitor

You CPU is fairly well your mobile amd GPU is weak, very weak. You are using non gaming notebook for this game. That wont work. If you cant save for decent gaming desktop PC (cheaper than gaming notebook) you can try setting everything to low in game and try to lower the resolution. But that isnt the best solution IMHO.

Edited by blackram

Thank you for your prompt reply. I appreciate the confirmation of what I was suspecting. Cheers!

On 3/7/2018 at 6:15 PM, Mitthrawnuruodo said:

That is completely false. I only switched off HDR. 

This video also demonstrates the effect of HDR.

Once again, it is clearly visible without special hardware. Anyone can replicate these findings. 

Oh yeah - I forgot to tell you bro - well we were both right HDR can be hardware or software enabled) LOL However - I guess you already knew this. Cheers

Edited by JG7_X_Man

I have 3 problems, first two when playing UHD. Wanted to bring first 2 out for developers. I doubt they read these forums, but worth a shot. Also I need solution for the third problem. Too lazy to make a screenshots, but this is just strange. 

1. With 4K display and graphics spotting planes is really hard.

2. Planes dissapear sometimes from 2.0 km etc.

3. FullHD, my game is too bright after restart. If I alt+tab, I see my game on background the gamma is same as with UHD.

Got good rig to play 4K IL2 and this game is bad for it. Would know that, wouldn't invest that much in to my sim PC. Plane visibility is best on Full HD resolution. Too many bugs for 4K.

On 5/26/2018 at 6:17 PM, LLv34_adexu said:

I have 3 problems, first two when playing UHD. Wanted to bring first 2 out for developers. I doubt they read these forums, but worth a shot. Also I need solution for the third problem. Too lazy to make a screenshots, but this is just strange. 

1. With 4K display and graphics spotting planes is really hard. YES! 4K isn't new but relatively not mainstream, developers use LOD modeling are geared towards 1920x1080 and if you fly online you have to make that change or you will get killed every single sortie! The other guy will see you 1st. Trust me I know - look at my TAW stats vs my Berloga stats from this weekend after I made the change?

2. Planes dissapear sometimes from 2.0 km etc.Lowering you resolution from 3840 x 2160 pixels or 4096 x 2160 pixels to 1920x1080 will bring that to the standard 9.0 km I think, this is as a result of #1 from above.

3. FullHD, my game is too bright after restart. If I alt+tab, I see my game on background the gamma is same as with UHD. This is an issue with your video card settings.

Got good rig to play 4K IL2 and this game is bad for it. Would know that, wouldn't invest that much in to my sim PC. Plane visibility is best on Full HD resolution. Too many bugs for 4K.

19 hours ago, JG7_X_Man said:

Well, fixed gamma with flightfx. But still can't see cons. Others see them, I don't. Watched one replay. Saw one con who I killed and didn't see 3 other. Will try to make a video with replay and put one together. I can't be that blind.

I don't have an issue with gamma on my end - I changed my gamma in the setting.ini to 0.75 and it's just fine for me. I also lowered my resolution and all is well. I use a 55" too so that might be a tad different than whatever you are gaming on. 

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 2:15 AM, SCG_X-Man said:

Oh yeah - I forgot to tell you bro - well we were both right HDR can be hardware or software enabled) LOL However - I guess you already knew this. Cheers

I think Thrawn was correct in the statements he was making. Your claims HDR in BOX did nothing without hardware, was a placebo or only altered the gamma in BOX or that Thrawn altered the gamma to prove a point were, and remain, incorrect. 

On 6/5/2018 at 4:18 AM, BOO said:

I think Thrawn was correct in the statements he was making. Your claims HDR in BOX did nothing without hardware, was a placebo or only altered the gamma in BOX or that Thrawn altered the gamma to prove a point were, and remain, incorrect. 

I thought I had commented on this but I guess not, HDR in certain cases does need to have a monitor with HDR capabilities to run, in IL2's case and many other PC games, an HDR monitor is NOT required for it to work, it is a post processing effect the game uses. Has nothing to do with needing a HDR compliant monitor in this specific instance.

Now on a PS4 they are making games now that yes, require you own a TV with HDR capabilities to work properly.

Hi folks.

Endlessly fiddling with my graphics settings.

i5 16GBRAM

40’ 4K monitor limited to 60fps using vsync.

i tend to run at 2480x1440 as I get better frames.

anyway my questions is - do any graphics settings effect spotting distance? I don’t mean ease of spotting, I mean the distance I can see foes.

cheers

Hi people.

I wonder if BoS will run on my system.

Basically its a new Ryzen 3 2200g build with 8gb Ram on a 1920X1080p 75Hz Monitor. That's it, no graphics card, no VR gear.

I'm a bit casual and I'm not expecting great results but will it be playable on lower settings?

RoF runs great, been enjoying that.

Thanks for any input.

12 hours ago, scowler1 said:

Basically its a new Ryzen 3 2200g build with 8gb Ram on a 1920X1080p 75Hz Monitor. That's it, no graphics card, no VR gear.

You'll be able to launch the game and play it. However, it won't be a pleasant experience unless you can tolerate frame rates below 30 at the lowest settings. The integrated graphics are extremely weak.

If possible, get a GTX 1050 or RX 560 graphics card and you'll be able to run the game well.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, JG/1337Grappo-Soda said:

I wanted to ask if there is any point getting more than 16GB memory for IL-2?

You won’t gain performance; 8 GB of RAM is enough. 

• Thanks 1

S!

Just bit the bullet and slapped in a RTX 2080Ti. Chews IL-2 like a squirrel nuts. FPS boosted to nearly 200. Anyone got a good profile for nVidia Control Panel as GF Experience does not see IL-2.

On 10/18/2018 at 4:30 PM, GBAKyelkcoh said:

Hi folks.

Endlessly fiddling with my graphics settings.

i5 16GBRAM

40’ 4K monitor limited to 60fps using vsync.

i tend to run at 2480x1440 as I get better frames.

anyway my questions is - do any graphics settings effect spotting distance? I don’t mean ease of spotting, I mean the distance I can see foes.

cheers

No. No setting effects that. 

On 10/18/2018 at 5:30 PM, GBAKyelkcoh said:

do any graphics settings effect spotting distance? I don’t mean ease of spotting, I mean the distance I can see foes.

No, it is a game engine limitation. IIRC, aircraft, flak and such disappear and pop out around 9.5km. You can find some threads discussing the issue.

• Upvote 1

I got a monster to run DCS.

Also play BoS and CLoD, everything running smoother at full graphics.

Hardware listed on my signature.

1 hour ago, 9./JG54_Skywarp said:

I got a monster to run DCS.

Also play BoS and CLoD, everything running smoother at full graphics.

Hardware listed on my signature.

You have an decent rig, only nothing special nor high end. Why not ask @dburne what a real monster PC looks like, in 2019. 

9 hours ago, Dutch2 said:

You have an decent rig, only nothing special nor high end. Why not ask @dburne what a real monster PC looks like, in 2019. 

I didn't want to look arrogant, what I mean: for BoS my rig delivers more than it needs.

Any know how to get this to run smooth just got an g sync monitor and it seems to run worse. G sync on and v sync in nvidia panel and full screen on and everything else off on high graphics settings mode. 

Specs are i5 8600k 4.5ghz GTx 1080 16gb ram on an ssd play at 1080 

seems to run smooth at 100fps cap but small really anoying stutters when rolling over built up areas online is worse then offline.

On 6/27/2019 at 8:25 PM, LP1888 said:

Any know how to get this to run smooth just got an g sync monitor and it seems to run worse. G sync on and v sync in nvidia panel and full screen on and everything else off on high graphics settings mode. 

Specs are i5 8600k 4.5ghz GTx 1080 16gb ram on an ssd play at 1080 

seems to run smooth at 100fps cap but small really anoying stutters when rolling over built up areas online is worse then offline.

Try some of these settings on this thread. It worked for me. I still have some zoom stutters in crowded areas, but that I think comes with the game / dserver.

I wonder how well the game runs on Ryzen 3000 series.. I noticed it seems to evenly spread the load across multiple cores which surprised me, I figured it was more or less single threaded.

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 7:38 AM, R3animate said:

I wonder how well the game runs on Ryzen 3000 series.. I noticed it seems to evenly spread the load across multiple cores which surprised me, I figured it was more or less single threaded.

I've read both points of view on this; one fast core vs. multi core.

Has anyone come up with a definitive answer?