6./ZG26_Gielow

BoS 1920x1080 High Settings Hardware

I've just installed the game, I don't have a joystick yet as I'm waiting for my Thrustmaster T.16000M + trackIR combo to arrive in two day's time.

I have a Core i5 6600K running at 4.2Ghz 

8 Gb DD4 RAM 2400 Mhz 

GTX 970 OC 1450 Mhz

I was curios to see how the game is running and after trying a few solo missions with all graphic options set on ULTRA, V-Sync ON, 1900x1200 I was getting a constant 60fps(except for a few moment right after the game began and it was still loading - when I was getting maybe 54-55 not lower).

Then I've tough to create a much more demanding testing scenario, so I've setup a custom mission with a 8 v 8 and heavy clouds on the new summer map at 1000m alt, so right in the middle of the clouds.

The lowest I got was 45 fps but only for a few moments, after which it stabilized between 50-60 fps.

What do you guys think about my results? I think it should have any issues running the game at more or less 60 fps once I join the multiplayer servers. 

Edited by 3kilos

MP is usually lighter on performance than 8 V 8 in bad weather qmb, at least that is what i have generally experienced

Go and join as a gunner in the meantime :)

Cheers Dakpilot

MP is usually lighter on performance than 8 V 8 in bad weather qmb, at least that is what i have generally experienced

Go and join as a gunner in the meantime :)

Cheers Dakpilot

That's good to know, thanks!

Oddly enough when I loaded up Windows 10 on my computer all of my graphic problems (slow mouse pointer on start up screens, very poor frame rates during game, slow joystick input) got solved!! Not sure what the OS did to improve my system but I'm now very happy that the flight sim is "playable"!!

Has anyone else experienced that also happening when they upgraded to Windows 10?

Cheers!

- CraigNT

Hi there, having some freezes and low fps with this setup that i thought was more than enough. Could it be the 3 monitor setup?

i7

20gb RAM

Nvidia geforce 970 gtx (surround 3 monitor)

120gb SSD

Windows 7 64bit

The settings are 5740x1080

HI settings

60fps limit

v sync unchequed

Would you say for this game on full settings and hi fpsyou need a SLI setup?

One of the problems with BoS is that at higher resolutions like you are using the CPU also has quite a demand on it to feed that info to the CPU, BoS is also very demanding on CPU just for FM/AI/physics etc.

Theoretically a GTX970 should just cope with that resolution but it will also need a strong CPU running at least 4Ghz to supply it with steady stream of info and cope with BoS high CPU physics demands, especially when there are a lot of aircraft in a small area.

Which model of i7 are you using and do you have any option to increase it's clock rate.

Selling your GTX 970 and offsetting that cost against a GTX980Ti would be a better option than SLi unless you have another 970 lying around

Cheers Dakpilot

• Upvote 1

Thanks Dakpilot.

My processor is certainly a 3.6, so I guess that's the problem. 

Thanks for the advice on the new card. It's not gonna happen now cause i'm using my friend's iRacing setup.

Also... I have a gtx570 laying around. Do you think that could give that extra power using it as a physics card? I don't know what that exactly means (I just saw it on a forum), but I understand even not working on SLI the card might be handling some of the work load.

Thanks again.

Thanks Dakpilot.

My processor is certainly a 3.6, so I guess that's the problem. 

Thanks for the advice on the new card. It's not gonna happen now cause i'm using my friend's iRacing setup.

Also... I have a gtx570 laying around. Do you think that could give that extra power using it as a physics card? I don't know what that exactly means (I just saw it on a forum), but I understand even not working on SLI the card might be handling some of the work load.

Thanks again.

The game engine is the main problem, I have a six core processor running twelve threads & BoS/BoM runs like shit at 2560x1440p with two GTX 980ti's. At that resolution you would most likely need one more 970 & OC the CPU.

Wow!!! Amazed that you setup can't make the job  :o:

I guess I'll have to put my settings down...

Thanks a lot.

Well, I'm running my rig at 4k with 1 980ti and it runs like silk. At ultra settings.

Well, I'm running my rig at 4k with 1 980ti and it runs like silk. At ultra settings.

How many FPS are you getting? 60Hz? I run 100Hz panel & see dips into the 30s. I guess BoS/BoM hates sli & Sandybridge CPUs.

Hello Static.

I do not see how many FPS I have as I do not have a counter for that installed or switched on.

I judge the smoothness of the sim by flying it and looking at it. So no answer to that.

But by flying and fighting in the sim (always SP) while trying to get missions done in PWCG (with a large number of aircraft now and then) I see that my rig is giving me a smooth play and it does not slow down to my eyes.

That's why I said it's super smooth with this card.

I hope you can get it sorted.

Perhaps trying to run the sim on 1 card and test again to see if SLI is the problem.

The game engine is the main problem, I have a six core processor running twelve threads & BoS/BoM runs like shit at 2560x1440p with two GTX 980ti's. At that resolution you would most likely need one more 970 & OC the CPU.

What processor are you running? That may be the issue. I'm running an i5-4460 and it runs the physics simulation fine. I think as long as you have an i5-2500 & up you will have no problem. Additionally, AMD cards are not much good for this game.

I doubt it's your 980s having issues.

What processor are you running? That may be the issue. I'm running an i5-4460 and it runs the physics simulation fine. I think as long as you have an i5-2500 & up you will have no problem. Additionally, AMD cards are not much good for this game.

I doubt it's your 980s having issues.

i7 Sandy Bridge-E, 3930k @ 4.7GHz with 6 cores & 12 threads. My rig is in my sig, it is more than capable to render this game.

i7  3930k Sandy Bridge E overclocked will give about the same performance as my 3570k overclocked in Single thread performance, my 3570k struggles with physics in BoS, getting bogged down with lots of A/C/AI, could it be you are then suffering from trying to feed two GTX980Ti in that situation?, DX9 API does not give much benefit to Multi core CPU (2 cores only?) and BoS will only really use 4 cores/4 threads effectively

Cheers Dakpilot

• Upvote 1

i7  3930k Sandy Bridge E overclocked will give about the same performance as my 3570k overclocked in Single thread performance, my 3570k struggles with physics in BoS, getting bogged down with lots of A/C/AI, could it be you are then suffering from trying to feed two GTX980Ti in that situation?, DX9 API does not give much benefit to Multi core CPU (2 cores only?) and BoS will only really use 4 cores/4 threads effectively

Cheers Dakpilot

Upgrading my CPU now would give little benefit to gaming & little to synthetic benchmarks. The 3930k @ 4.7GHz is more than enough horsepower to drive two 980ti's. The DCS engine running DX11 runs fine, 100fps plus.

Edited by Static

Well, fact of the matter is that you stated "BoS/BoM runs like shit at 2560x1440p with two GTX 980ti's".

It's probably the way the sim is setup by the devs, or the engine used. But like Dakpilot said, it may be your processor in this particular piece of software.

It's worth (maybe) to give it a shot.

Using an R9 390 8 gig and that runs on max, It even utilises a 4k  mode so you can see what it might look like on 4k monitors without a 4k monitor. Great card for the price.

i5k , 16 gig ram, standard 1 Terra drive, wins X, 64 bit.

Edited by seafireliv

I'm running ROF and BOS on new Alienware notebook 15 with GTX980M (should be equal to GTX770), i7-6700HQ, 16GDDR5, but I got shuttering when playing multiplayer with a large number of planes.(drop to 40fps from 60) Single player mode is fine, can run smoothly above 50 FPS, I think there is something abnormal with it...

I'm running RoF and BoS/BoM on:

i5 3570K@4.2 GHz (cooled by Corsair H100)

16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 LP

MSI GTX 680 Lightning (2GB)@1.3 GHz (cooled by TwinFrozr IV)

Samsung 850 EVO SSD (Windows 7/64 installed on Corsair Force SSD)

1920x1080 monitor@144Hz

Ultra settings, Vsync on (get tearing otherwise), cinematic effects and headshake OFF

In BoS/BoM I get mostly stable 60+ (in most cases more than that) fps but it can dip to 35-45 on the ground if there are a lot of planes taxiing etc. RoF gives me stable 60+ fps all the time.

So how much would i expect with my FURY X and 5820K?

I guess my 144hz freesync here is going to be pointless, since i dont think i will be hitting 140fps on max settings. 

I HATE playing with 60fps tbh..

So how much would i expect with my FURY X and 5820K?

I guess my 144hz freesync here is going to be pointless, since i dont think i will be hitting 140fps on max settings. 

I HATE playing with 60fps tbh..

You never know.  I'm running an i7 4770k with 8GB, and with my RX 480 I get 90-120 fps in the air.  Less on the ground.

Edited by JG13_opcode

S!

I have not ran any exact tests on my rig, see signature, to determine performance but it seems to run very nicely in 1920 x 1080 60Hz: ULTRA + 2x FSAA, VSync On, Limiter, HDR, SSAO Off.

​I run the game on a MSI - GT72 2QE - Prosessor Intel® Core i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2601 Mhz, 4 core, 8 logic prosessors - (RAM) 16,0 GB - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M - Vsync off, Limiter off - and gets at the top 60+ FPS and drops rapidly as described by others. Until I can get more out of it I won't play the game as much as I would like, I'a bit puzzled by this, my rather good computer are turned into a potato. I easily Reach over 100 FPS in Warthunder and appr. 100 in DCS, it can drop Down towards 60. I will still support the game and further Development, also by preorder BOK.

Edited by Senilix

I have a MSI GS63VR Laptop.

i7-7700hq 2.8Gz (quad),

1TB HD, 256GB SSD,

GTX 1060 (6GB)

16GB Ram..

My question, will I be able to run 1440p on High or Ultra settings and maintain 60fps? The benchmarks indicate that this should be doable. Could anyone chime in? I'm a old CFS1,2,3 and Janes WWII Vet (lol). I've been itching to get back into it. 

Thanks~

I have a MSI GS63VR Laptop.

i7-7700hq 2.8Gz (quad),

1TB HD, 256GB SSD,

GTX 1060 (6GB)

16GB Ram..

My question, will I be able to run 1440p on High or Ultra settings and maintain 60fps? The benchmarks indicate that this should be doable. Could anyone chime in? I'm a old CFS1,2,3 and Janes WWII Vet (lol). I've been itching to get back into it. 

Thanks~

Your hardware will do very well. Go for it.

I run BoX on high and AA off @1080p 60 fps (fps limiter and Vsync ON) on a much more modest hardware than yours (i5 4690, 16 GB RAM and an AMD R9 270X) very consistently, with the fps dipping to the 40's when there are several aircraft on the ground. 

Your hardware will do very well. Go for it.

I run BoX on high and AA off @1080p 60 fps (fps limiter and Vsync ON) on a much more modest hardware than yours (i5 4690, 16 GB RAM and an AMD R9 270X) very consistently, with the fps dipping to the 40's when there are several aircraft on the ground. 

That's a little scary: am I being to aggressive with my settings on Ultra with the following hardware:

i5-3570, 32GB RAM, nVidia 980ti

??

I do occasionally see stutters (texture loading, I think...although the game runs from an SSD) in flight.  Should I be turning it down?

Edited by Spectre-63

Thanks fellas. I appreciate the input. Reason I ask is because I wasn't sure if I should purchase 1440 monitors. They are quite costly and I want to make sure I can run it no problem. Thanks again

~

Does anyone have experience with the AMD A4 7600 processor or similar models? The sources I've found are conflicting, some say it pulls 3.1GHz while others list it at 3.8GHz but either way I haven't found any information on using it for Il-2.

Hi guys. I made a long pause from gaming so I sold my old (and dated PC). Now I would go for budget rig for gaming (PCs are way more expensive here, in central europe, than in US).

Ive heard that G4560 KabyLake is great for gaming for low price as it equals twice the expensive CPUs (in gaming I mean). I would pair it with GTX 1050Ti with 4GB for the start and will upgrade to 1070 with time. 8 GB of 2400mhz memo will be inside and an SSD disk. Will that be enough for high settings in BOS at 1920x1200 resolution? I had old I7 920 OC to 3,6 Ghz and GTX660Ti with 1333 Mhz RAM and that did pretty well at medium and acceptable at high, at that resolution. What do you think?

Edited by blackram

Just upgraded to a 8GB AMD RX480 from a 7950 3GB card. Wow. I can finally play on Ultra settings! Was flying around Moscow last night solo flight blowing up trains on 1 screen 1920 x 1080 getting 80-120fps with 4x AA, 4x distance objects, HDR, regular grass, no SSAO...might have to try turning that on what does it do?

What about checking the shimmering horizon box? I do notice even with 4x AA on that I get some jaggies on the horizon, does checking this box fix this or is it more a VR setting?

Yes I know I need to oc my cpu... I played with it last year but didn't want to break anything tinkering around.

Figured I should chime in here, since I have what I refer to as the 'ultimate budget gaming pc', so folks can get an idea of what cheap hardware can do in late 2017.

AMD FX-8350 @4.6ghz

16 gigs of ram, 4x4gb, DDR3

Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 (4gb)

Saitek X-55 HOTAS (used, $100)

Logitech Momo Racing Wheel pedals (gift, free, and they work, mostly)

Now, on to the settings:

Ultra preset

2560x1080

SSAO checked

HDR checked

no VSync (FreeSync monitor)

Shadows Quality Ultra

Mirrors Complex

Distant landscape detail x4

Grass Quality Ultra

Dynamic resolution factor Full

Antialiasing 2

Gamma Correction 0.8

I pull between 45 and 75 FPS.  I dip into 45ish when I'm on the ground with other planes around, but as soon as I'm airborne get to 60+ consistently.  8+plane dogfights don't seem to phase it any, and I've not noticed any slowdowns.  Pretty sure if I turned grass quality down I could eliminate the ground slowdowns, but to be honest I try not to spend too much time on the ground anyway.

Hi all,

I'm new to this game - just bought BoS during the sale.

Trying to figure out how to get the game to run smoothly on MP. I get stutters and fps ranging between 35-61. Single Player mission runs fine - 50-60 fps, no stutters.

Searched through the forum to get answers, and hoping this might be the best place to get some help.

Here's my rig:

i7 2600K stock (3.4Ghz)

12 Gb RAM

EVGA GTX 970 SC

Currently running "Balanced" setting. "High" performs worse. 1980x1080 resolution

Full Screen and Sharpen checked.

Shadows Quality Low
Mirrors Simple
Distant Landscape Detail Normal
Landscape Filter Blurred
Grass Quality Normal
Target FPS 60
DSR Full
Antialiasing 4
Gamma Correction 0.9

Multiplayer setting:

Sending/Receiving                10Mb

Am I expecting too much with my rig? I play IL2 Cliffs of Dover and that runs buttery smooth. Same with DCS 2.5

Hope to get some guidance on this game. Thanks in advance.

TWC_NINja

Am I expecting too much with my rig? I play IL2 Cliffs of Dover and that runs buttery smooth. Same with DCS 2.5

I would expect your hardware to run BoS well with high settings.

The GTX 970 is excellent for 1920x1080; your graphics card is unlikely to be the problem. At only 3.4 GHz, your CPU could aggravate the stutters. Does your motherboard allow overclocking? The 2600K is very capable in that respect. 

Of course, there's the usual advice that you should try a clean Windows install with updated drivers and no unnecessary software. Although I can't say for sure without knowing average fps and percentiles for a test track, 35 fps with 'balanced' settings at 1920x1080 seems rather low. I think it's worth investigating.

Edited by Mitthrawnuruodo

I'm late posting this up but specs below. I run ultra presets and the lowest I've seen so far are low to mid 50s.

Note: If your monitor doesn't support and set for HDR, turning it on has not effect. Not sure if it hurts performance or not if your monitor doesn't support it or not .

I think I have posted how to active it awhile back.

1 hour ago, JG7_X_Man said:

Note: If your monitor doesn't support and set for HDR, turning it on has not effect. Not sure if it hurts performance or not if your monitor doesn't support it or not .

I think I have posted how to active it awhile back.

That is not correct. High-dynamic-range rendering in software is not related to "HDR" displays. 

Edited by Mitthrawnuruodo

33 minutes ago, Mitthrawnuruodo said:

That is not correct. High-dynamic-range rendering in software is not related to "HDR" displays. 

I have an LG55B7A 55" OLED - HDR has to be activated and when it does I get this on the top right corner of my TV201-hdr-pro-left.jpg

When HDR isn't active - the HDR logo doesn't show. Now, when HDR is active the graphics are more vibrant. I hate to tell you but it's hardware as much as software. Thus, the game has to be coded indeed but with out an HDR capable monitor - it's a placebo! It's just like the "close door" button on elevators - IT DOES NOTHING!

HDR and G-Sync are hardware driven. Google it. 

Edited by JG7_X_Man