=38=Tatarenko

New Players start here ...

I've just bought the game from Steam also getting the 190 A3 DLC, now I'm just waiting for my trackIR + Thrustmaster T.16000M combo to arrive in 2 days time and I'm ready to go :D

The only problem is that I don't know anyone who plays the game and I would like to find some guys who are willing to take a rookie as a wing men since flying with someone is twice the fun and probably a big help for a beginner like myself.

So my question would be if there is a place where I can find such people on this forum.

Thanks!

Welcome 3kilos, Im also a rookie (few weeks old) and I have no one who plays the game also. I use the T.16000M...it's pretty good, spent a fortune shipping it making Track IR an impossibility for now. I would love to fly with you...maybe ill have better luck spotting and tracking targets

Welcome 3kilos, Im also a rookie (few weeks old) and I have no one who plays the game also. I use the T.16000M...it's pretty good, spent a fortune shipping it making Track IR an impossibility for now. I would love to fly with you...maybe ill have better luck spotting and tracking targets

Hi, thanks as soon as I get my TrackIR and joystick I'll send you a PM and we can get in touch.

Nice to meet you by the way, take care!

Hi, thanks as soon as I get my TrackIR and joystick I'll send you a PM and we can get in touch.

Nice to meet you by the way, take care!

Nice meeting you as well 3kilo, I guess I'll be hearing from you in 2-3 days.

Cheers mate.

Nice meeting you as well 3kilo, I guess I'll be hearing from you in 2-3 days.

Cheers mate.

It might take more, I'm having problems finding a TrackIR 5 supplier which will deliver in my country ... it seems I'll be forced to resort to a friend of mine who is living in Sweden to purchase the system for me and ship it to Romania - the country I leave in.

Hey guys

Just wanted to say hello. Well I'm pretty new to real simulators but I think I share with you the same love which make my childhood full of WW II books and model kits. And as everyone I wish how to fly better. So anyone interested in giving a hand to nearly 40 y.o. with few free hours twice, maybe three times a week? Do you have any kind of University for new pilots? Or should I learn hard way?

Y.

I can probably help, I'll be on later this evening on the bus teamspeak for a bit. Otherwise you are sure to find other people there willing to help :)

Additionaly, if anyone new can't get track ir due to cost and are looking for a cheap alternative (5 quid) pop me a pm and I can help you set it up.

As a new comer , i need your help guys,

* I have Ch fighter stick, throttle and pedals. i noticed stick is too sensitive and throttle reachs 100% almost half way. how can i make fine tunings like curves, saturations?

* Is there a mission editor? all of the missions seem to be in snowy conditions

* How can i drive tanks? only in MP?

These two links should help with the controls:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/19480-whats-wobbling-thing/page-2?do=findComment&comment=309465

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/19480-whats-wobbling-thing/page-2?do=findComment&comment=309969

Courtesy of Dakpilot and SharpeXB :)

There is a different section of the forums dedicated to missions where you can find tank SP missions and other stuff, including missions in the summer and autumn maps.

Edited by Lucas_From_Hell

Here: http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/92-mission-making-and-mission-editor/

For the record, you can find all the other sections here: http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/Lots of good threads on missions, hardware, historical references and such.

Happy to help :)

I can probably help, I'll be on later this evening on the bus teamspeak for a bit. Otherwise you are sure to find other people there willing to help :)

Additionaly, if anyone new can't get track ir due to cost and are looking for a cheap alternative (5 quid) pop me a pm and I can help you set it up.

I'm not sure if I know what a bus teamspeak is? Do we have some kind of teamspeak official server?

And thanks for your offer :-).

Y.

Hi guys, please can anyone explain how best to setup camera (cockpit view) in BOS. Things appear really small making it hard to identify friend from foe. Also i have to constantly zoom in and out once engaging a target. Also its really difficult or nearly impossible to spot targets at distances farther than 2km (expert mode). Why is that?

Hi guys, please can anyone explain how best to setup camera (cockpit view) in BOS. Things appear really small making it hard to identify friend from foe. Also i have to constantly zoom in and out once engaging a target. Also its really difficult or nearly impossible to spot targets at distances farther than 2km (expert mode). Why is that?

Are you using any head tracking device like TrackIR? That can help with the cockpit views.

Are you using any head tracking device like TrackIR? That can help with the cockpit views.

No I'm not using any tracking device, just the pan switch. Im not sure if track will help with the zooming in and out

Comming from DCS wasnt exactly a challenge, nothing but a google of Stall speeds per plane.

Hello all,

Im new to BOS ( just bought the Sim yesterday) but Im Not new to the flight Sim genre. Having flown ROF, IL-46 , Il-2 CLOD with TF patch , DCS P51D, and a short episode of WT I almost flew everything available for historic flight combat sims.

Now I wanna come to BOS and am pretty excited about the fairly new summer map !  (the monotonic winter landscape turned me off a bit) 

just some questions:

1. Views:  I fly with track IR 5 and joystick ...  I will setup pan zoom to coolie hat.  Does BOS auto detect Track IR ? 

2. I 've bought the standart edition: how long will it take to unlock the performance upgrades for ONE specific aircraft when fyling the SP campaign with this type ?  f.e: 15 missions ? 1 full SP campaign  ? my main aim is to have fun in multiplayer but with the same performance upgrades as the others have..

3. With having bought the standard edition, can I buy the FW190 later on as an additional plane  ?

thanks in advance ! 

Cheers Jabo09

Hey Jabo2009,

Welcome, you made the right choice deciding to get BOS.

About your questions; I cant answer the first one as I do not own a track IR device, but there are lots of people and material on the forum that can help you with that.

I also bought standard edition, it really doesn't take that long to unlock mods for an aircraft. If you consistently use that air craft in campaign mode you should have all mods in roughly one chapter. Just make sure you successfully complete missions and gain xp, its the xp in a particular aircraft that unlocks the mods.

You can buy the Focke wulf anytime u want really.

Cheers,

Amaree

• Upvote 1

Hey Jabo2009,

Welcome, you made the right choice deciding to get BOS.

About your questions; I cant answer the first one as I do not own a track IR device, but there are lots of people and material on the forum that can help you with that.

I also bought standard edition, it really doesn't take that long to unlock mods for an aircraft. If you consistently use that air craft in campaign mode you should have all mods in roughly one chapter. Just make sure you successfully complete missions and gain xp, its the xp in a particular aircraft that unlocks the mods.

You can buy the Focke wulf anytime u want really.

Cheers,

Amaree

Thx Amaree, much appreciated ! 

Does BOS auto detect Track IR ? 

Yes, it does, and you can assign a custom profile in the TrackIR software for the game to use.  

• Upvote 1

2. I 've bought the standart edition: how long will it take to unlock the performance upgrades for ONE specific aircraft when fyling the SP campaign with this type ?  f.e: 15 missions ? 1 full SP campaign  ? my main aim is to have fun in multiplayer but with the same performance upgrades as the others have..

Since the "Campaign for Unlocks" is only QM, you can choose what missions play. To get fast unlocks:

1st - Remember that you are flying "for XP" and only! Don't be hero, focus in do the mission objective and go home (leave point), don't matter if a AI wingman are in troubles. 

Fly short missions - the extra XP points or long missions dont worth the time expend in then and increase the risk of you get bounce for a enemy AI triggered when you are landing.

If you get damage on engine, you are "killed, no mater if the pilot are OK or the plane still flying - is just matter of time, so insist in continues flying only lost time. Cancel that flight and try again.

Fly only "attack missions" and cancel ones that are against artillery positions, specially if the mission is at night. The probability that the "Earth hit you" are more than you hit these small targets.

Playing a hour a day you unlock all for a give plane in a week.

If you want bombers unlocks, do this first because as you "level up" the AI are more skilled, became ease for a FLAK "sniper" you at 3.000 meters or more. :)

The bad of this is the campaign (for unlocks) leaving you with a bad taste of how "gamey" they are... and later if you go fly Pat' Campaigns, you recognize this same QM pattern in missions, despite the effort do improve, since are based on same system.

Edited by Sokol1
  • Upvote 1

Hey all, I started playing BoS a couple weeks ago, and am also interested in teaming up with fellow noobs or experienced pilots in MP. I'm an almost 40 guy living in the PST zone. Probably makes it hard to hook up with Europeans, but maybe on the weekends!

I play only with a Thrustmaster HOTAS and keyboard. Regarding head panning, it works for me to put head panning on the HAT, and zoom in and out with two thumb buttons on the throttle stick. Not nearly as good as head tracking software, but it works. 

-snip-

if you go fly Pat' Campaigns, you recognize this same QM pattern in missions, despite the effort do improve, since are based on same system.

I agree with everything except this.

Not totally new but I've been away for a while and just came back to meet the new update. Except that I can't quite get it down cos my browser starts off by saying I'm running the current version but when I click "play" it pops up a series of error messages with a screen tip to download the latest update of the game. But doesn't the browser do that automatically? Is there a method of updating I should know about? Glad if anyone can help, please.

How long is a while? Several versions ago required a new downloader. If you have the old one you probably need to do a fresh install which is easy but you will lose your settings and tracks.

A while would be approximately a couple of months. I remember playing the game sometime in November 2015 or prolly early December. Can't be too sure, I'm afraid. But here's a bit of the message that pops up. It says:

"system.runtime.InteropServices.SEHException: External component has thrown an exception.

At BOS_updater_ng.RofupLibDynamic.il2_StartSeeding.Invoke()...." and so on and so on. Eight lines of the gobbledygook.

Thanks for the offer of help but surely there must be a way out better than redownloading the entire game. I play from Africa and it costs the earth to attempt any download approaching even 4gb in size.

Sincerely, Pirabee.

I am getting ready to upgrade my rig before purchasing BOS and was wondering if there are any issues with using an AMD cpu. I see only Intel listed in the minimum requirements.

Whatever CPU you are looking to upgrade to, check performance compared to equivalent priced Intel 

Single thread performance is quite (very) important for BoS, clock speed Ghz are not directly comparable between AMD and Intel

some AMD CPU while performing extremely well in some tasks and some modern games are not well suited for BoS due to slow single thread performance

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

Cheers Dakpilot

Probably a dumb question, but what does "S" mean in multiplayer chat? Is there a list of used abbreviations?

Probably a dumb question, but what does "S" mean in multiplayer chat? Is there a list of used abbreviations?

I believe it means "Salute", as a way to greet others. I've also seen it after someone got shot down after a good fight . Someone correct me if im wrong, personally i dont use it.

Edited by Jade_Monkey

I believe it means "Salute", as a way to greet others. I've also seen it after someone got shot down after a good fight . Someone correct me if im wrong, personally i dont use it.

Ah makes sense. Thanks!