=38=Tatarenko

New Players start here ...

I´m not a new player per se as I´ve already spent plenty of time in BoS with the german planes and I´m also aware of multiple youtube channels.

I just wanted to know if you guys had any preferences or would suggest one allied fighter over another - and if so why - to start with.

I´m not a new player per se as I´ve already spent plenty of time in BoS with the german planes and I´m also aware of multiple youtube channels.

I just wanted to know if you guys had any preferences or would suggest one allied fighter over another - and if so why - to start with.

The video link wasn't necessarily meant for you ;)  but the La-5 is the fastest fighter and I enjoy flying it very much, but I like the Yak-1 best of all because it has a good turn rate and fairly good armament and in my view is probably the best all rounder. Saying that it's still a lot of fun flying the LaGG -3 with a 37mm cannon!

I would say start with the Yak-1.

• Upvote 1

Is there a way to make the Tips & Technical setting as "OFF" by default? I have to go into the settings all the time to switch it off.

Edited by Speedbrake

Is there a way to make the Tips & Technical setting as "OFF" by default? I have to go into the settings all the time to switch it off.

It remembers the setting for me.  That's probably not much help.  I wonder what causes it to revert back for you.

I checked tips but never got any. What went wrong?          

Is your HUD on?  If so, you should see messages when conditions change, such as "tailwheel locked" or "engine overcooled", and information on certain settings such as "auto-level on" or "automatic radiators".

Are you not seeing them?

Yes I do, sorry, I misunderstood the meaning of "tips" in BoS. ;)

In other games you get tips at the bottom of the window during game f. ex. "press W to move forward", thanks avlSteve!

Hello BOS pilot's - I'm back tomorrow when i got my new rig so I can play this fantastic game. I did some a year a go, then my gaming rig broke so I had to go back to an old laptop. I expect my new computer will run the game well, I will have to use some time to find out settings and setting up my stick and other gear. See u in the skies.

Hello BOS pilot's - I'm back tomorrow when i got my new rig so I can play this fantastic game. I did some a year a go, then my gaming rig broke so I had to go back to an old laptop. I expect my new computer will run the game well, I will have to use some time to find out settings and setting up my stick and other gear. See u in the skies.

Hello Senilix, glad too see you here too.

• Upvote 1

Finally got this one in the steam sale a month or so ago, had to upgrade my video card in order to play it. So far liking it quite a bit, played a lot of Il-2 46 back in the day and lately RoF. Also have CoD but haven't played it much due to bad FPS (which new card fixed there as well). 

Hello, I took the plunge cause the price was to good to pass up. It'll be awhile before Im in MP cause I have to change a bunch of keymaps and build a map profile.

Hi Can, it can take some time until we meet in the skies. A lot to do to set up the gear and adapt, You know, an old bat like me ;-)

Hi,

What are "unlocks"? I see I can buy the Standard Edition of IL2 BOS à 29,99 US dollars, but it has no unlocks...

Regards,

Do I get a box version when purchasing IL BOS on the website, or is it through Steam, or other?

What are "unlocks"? I see I can buy the Standard Edition of IL2 BOS à 29,99 US dollars, but it has no unlocks...

The unlocks are paint schemes, weapon loadouts, cockpit modifications, special equipment, etc., that can be unlocked by playing through the campaign that ships with the game. If you buy the premium edition, you can bypass the unlocks for everything but the paint schemes. 

Do I get a box version when purchasing IL BOS on the website, or is it through Steam, or other?

It is digital-download only. Buying it through Steam is optional and done through their website, not through the web-store here.

I could have sworn I bought the Premium for $49.99. Is the sale over? Unfortunately Ive had no time to concentrate on this game yet. So that means I can go right to multi without doing the campaign? Im planning on doing some campaign anyways, just to get a feel for the game. Thank you. Disregard, I see its the BOM page Im looking at now.

Edited by USAF77

Hi everyone, I’m new in this game I installed it but unfortunately it doesn’t work correctly. My mouse moving so slow and game works slow as well. If anyone knows what the problem is, please write me step by step to fix it, thanks.

My system: windows 8.1

AMD A6-5200 APU

HD Graphics  2.00 Ghz

RAM 8.00 GB

64-bit

Full windows Touch  

Hi everyone, I’m new in this game I installed it but unfortunately it doesn’t work correctly. My mouse moving so slow and game works slow as well. If anyone knows what the problem is, please write me step by step to fix it, thanks.

AMD A6-5200 APU

HD Graphics 2.00 Ghz

RAM 8.00 GB

64-bit

Full windows Touch

I dont think your APU is powerful enough, especially in the graphics side.

Im on my phone and cant check now but have looked at the minimum system specs?

Try reducing the  ingame resolution to its lowest setting, if this improves matters but does not fix it then your onboard graphics chip is not up to the task, BoS is hard because it needs a good CPU and a decent GPU for reasonable/adequate performance

Cheers Dakpilot

I dont think your APU is powerful enough, especially in the graphics side.

Im on my phone and cant check now but have looked at the minimum system specs?

How can I find minimum system specs?

What is the minimum system that is suitable for this game?

if you haven't any problem with this game than Write me what is  your system?

Try reducing the  ingame resolution to its lowest setting, if this improves matters but does not fix it then your onboard graphics chip is not up to the task, BoS is hard because it needs a good CPU and a decent GPU for reasonable/adequate performance

Cheers Dakpilot

After two days I tried all options but is still low speed.

An AMD APU has usually a better integrated graphic then Intel, but it's still underpowered to run a flight sim.

You need CPU and GPU power for BOS.

If your PC is a desktop, You could try to change the graphic card, as said by CBZ323, but I'm worried by "Full Windows Touch". If You have an All-in-one, I think You are out of luck.

If possible, try to stay over the minimum requirement.

:salute:

Fazer.

AMD A6-5200 APU

HD Graphics  2.00 Ghz

RAM 8.00 GB

64-bit

Full windows Touch  

I play this Game on a

AMD A8-3870k APU (Quadcore)

AMD 6550D with 2GB RAM ( Inside the APU )

RAM 8.00 GB

64-bit

windows 7

Using 1920x1080 Screen Resolution with Balanced Settings for Singleplayer or Low Settings for Multiplayer.

My APU handle this game well. 

Your main problem is the Graphiccard from your AMD A6-5200. Not powerful enough to handle this game. Maybe try lower Screen Resolution around 1024x768 or lower with Low Settings. Maybe this helps? 

Another newcomer to BoS (and this forum) but WOW... thanks to all who have taken the time to offer such extensive advice in this thread - I'm very impressed with everything I've seen and read so far. Yup, being used to other flight sims, I was expecting another steep learning curve but this damn game should come with a serious health warning - it's too damn addictive!

Another newcomer to BoS (and this forum) but WOW... thanks to all who have taken the time to offer such extensive advice in this thread - I'm very impressed with everything I've seen and read so far. Yup, being used to other flight sims, I was expecting another steep learning curve but this damn game should come with a serious health warning - it's too damn addictive!

Welcome aboard Slicker :salute:

Hello PIlots,

I'm new here...like virgin new :blush: , in the sense that I have never played a flight sim nor have I played War thunder. Closest I have done to virtual flying is on android phones. I just downloaded the game recently and I know I have a lot of work to do...looking forward to it :salute: .

Im having trouble selecting a flight stick to buy, my minds currently divided between these two; Logitech extreme 3d pro and thrustmaster T flight HOTAS (there both within my price range). Any suggestions on what to get and also tips and info for newbie pilots would be much apprecaited.

Heres my system config:

Windows 8.1, Intel core i5-3210M @ 2GHz, 4Gb Ram, Intel Hd graphics 4000.

Both of those have good reputation but this

http://www.amazon.com/Hercules-2960706-Thrustmaster-T-16000M-Flight/dp/B001S0RTU0

in the same budget area has reputation for more accuracy and longevity

Cheers Dakpilot

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll go check it out. Do you have personal experience using any of these sticks? I'd like to know how they compare from a user's point of view.

I have a Logitech extreme 3d pro which is saved for backup, I use MSFFB2 , old Microsoft stick no longer produced but one of the best

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/1790-there-any-better-joystick-ms-sidewinder-force-feedback-2/

The Logitec 3d is perfectly useable entry level stick and reasonable value for money albeit not the highest quality, mine still works with only one button giving intermittent response, overall there is nothing to really complain about, for what it is,

The T16000M uses the same sensors that they use in their $400 Warthog stick which makes it more accurate and suggests much better  long time reliability. I have not had any use with this model though, and have only read about good reports, so my recommendation does not come from experience

Cheers Dakpilot

Thanks for the input Dakpilot, I think accuracy and reliability is the way to go. Also when you guys play Multiplayer, how do you communicate with your teammates? Do y'all use headphones with Microphones that have been linked on some radio channel?

I want to purchase a headset for the game with the aim of using it to communicate with future squadmates on multiplayer

My entire IL-BOS was eliminated during a PC cleaning to eliminate a virus.I have tried to go through Steam to reinstall this and Cliffs of Dover ( also in my Steam account,) but with no luck.I get a launcher failed message with both sims.Obviously I am distressed & do not know what to do next.I am a a gold bar buyer of both Bos & BoM and when I had sim up & running  I was one of the first buyers of the sim & got the download on line but also signed up for Steam to get automatic updates.I had all the new aircraft up to the I-16 and understand I should have the P-40 as well, but simply cannot get the game going .What should I do?

Hi Blitzen, I read your post allready in The "Questions for developer" thread. What the other guy, who answered you ment, was, I think, you should go to the "Sturmovik"- homepage and tell them in the "Support" thread. Because only there it is shure, that they are reading this in next time. While waiting for their answer you could try it again to install in Steam, because sometimes it is just a failure of Steam. When I remember well, I also had this problem one time. Last chance would be from my knowledge, to download the game from the "Sturmovik"- server, but it is very slow and you will perhaps need hours.

Im not new but why cant you use custom skins in campaign mode?

Basicly because of the campaign system, unlocks and points. Skins are rewards like other unlocks.