Game version 4.502 discussion: Hurricane, C-47, Bf-110-E2 in 4K, New G-Effect, Tank Crew and other improvements

Han

On 11/6/2020 at 10:57 AM, BazzaLB said:

I have a problem with the Hurricane.... It made me break out my wallet 😄

Why did you only used to sing it Long time ago?  Oh.. I see.. you got married.. Understood! 😄

Now I just saunter up and sing Darude's Sandstorm as loud as I can 😁

Loving the update devs! Cheers again.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Zeev said:

Is it possible to customize and set any ammunition type in the career? Love the hispano rounds but hate the default ones.

I believe it depends on when you start the campaign, mine is in 1941 and only the 7.7mm are aviliable. I hated them too, but they just take some getting used to, soon you'll be downing bombers like nothin. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JG27_Kornezov said:

I really need female G breathing in the game. I wish Sharfi would volunteer.

Is Alexa available?  Maybe Siri would like to make an extra buck.😁

3 hours ago, technic said:

Thank you very much for the update. Hurricane is very good. I enjoy very much flying it.

Please fix the C-47A - see the screenshot...

Thank you

2020_11_7__19_23_8.jpg

Funny you should mention this. I took up a Hurricane against some He111s and noted that same effect with a crew member partially protruding from the fuselage, about in the area of the side gunners.

• Upvote 1

On 11/6/2020 at 8:35 PM, Elem said:

Strangely, I set a 111 ablaze with my first burst in my Hurricane campaign, but those E7s just soak up the ammo and keep flying. They do at least become less dangerous.

On 11/6/2020 at 8:47 PM, airacobrafan said:

Interesting, have to try again for more conclusive results. I completely agree on the ever-present issue of bullet sponge 109s as long you use machine guns...

well small MG did require a lot of hits to do the job in reality, and they still can set fires and  that's why as war progressed guns got bigger boom , booms 🙂
Still be nice to have more ammo options in game. I think planes like He111 will be more likely to "fire up" just because there is a lot more fuel in the planes that will leak and potentially catch fire than smaller planes like fighters.

Edited by =RS=Stix_09
typo

Also to mention the female pilots and the new lady radio chatter.

( she looks so sweet but sure does sound like a witch 😀 )

🧙 this is great detail

1 hour ago, meplanes1969 said:

Also to mention the female pilots and the new lady radio chatter.

( she looks so sweet but sure does sound like a witch 😀 )

🧙 this is great detail

Beta Testing.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

=RvE=Windmills

By the way, about the fatigue indicator. We decided to heed the popular request and add a G-load induced fatigue indicator to the simple instruments in GUI. When you set the difficulty to “Normal”, you will see a small white triangle in the lower left corner of the G-meter in the GUI. The more your pilot is worn out by the G-forces, the smaller this little triangle will become. Thus, it will give you a rough idea of your current state.

As I have repeatedly written on our forum, a real pilot cannot predict in advance what Gs he can sustain during the next maneuver and for how long. He, of course, roughly understands how tired he is. Therefore, this indicator will give you only an approximate idea of the current physical condition of the pilot. When you set the “Expert” difficulty, you will not have this indicator.

So I don't really understand the difficulty option for the stamina gauge. So in expert my pilot has a perfect idea of how many G he is pulling, but he does not know how tired he is?

I don't really understand why this is restricted behind a difficulty option (and separated from the G meter). You should always be able to know how tired you are.

• Upvote 1

Hi, I ask for the possibility of being able to choose the skill of the pilot (of our aircraft)( not AI) from beginner to medium and expert in such a way as to first reach the limits of strength G endured and fainting. To simulate the progress of physical improvement as it happens in real life and increase the involvement in the simulation

Bye

21 hours ago, TRRA15 said:

Funny you should mention this. I took up a Hurricane against some He111s and noted that same effect with a crew member partially protruding from the fuselage, about in the area of the side gunners.

Social distancing model.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, =RvE=Windmills said:

So I don't really understand the difficulty option for the stamina gauge. So in expert my pilot has a perfect idea of how many G he is pulling, but he does not know how tired he is?

I don't really understand why this is restricted behind a difficulty option (and separated from the G meter). You should always be able to know how tired you are.

Absolutely, in fact, I'd happily argue that we should have it the other way round. We should know how fatigued the pilot is, but not know how many G's they're pulling exactly, maybe keep the bar as a rough guide and lose the numbers in expert mode.

With regards to what people are saying about the .303's you really do have to riddle the important bits with fire, it's certainly improved my aim somewhat. 

When I finally got the shvak I felt like God.

My findings...

G-Modeling; I like the changes. It feels more realistic to me with the 'accumulation' effect so this changes the tactics in a heated dogfight to some degree.  Seems like you can make a more aggressive opening maneuver but you can not sustain what many would consider to be unrealistic maneuvers for any period of time. Well done, I applaud the changes. 👏

Sound; I quickly scanned through all the replies in this thread and I have not seen mention of the external sound changes with the patch; namely the engine sounds... WELL FREAKIN DONE! You can't hear enemy engines (like the Tempest for 30km away) closing in on you anymore. A move towards realism and fair play. The most important 'fix' in this patch in my humble opinion. 👍 ... going to have to check my six a little more often.

Other sound changes; the wind shudder when you are pushing the air-frame too hard seemed a bit harsh from a volume perspective at first but really like it now. The heavy breathing... well, I got to say it might make me a little uncomfortable if I had it on speaker and my kids where nearby... j/k 😝

Well done guys. I would love to see a couple other things addressed in the future but I won't mention it hear as not to feel the wraith from Mr. Williams and his green post reply.

Cheers & Thank You,

Mad-Moses

9 hours ago, Mad-Moses said:

The heavy breathing... well, I got to say it might make me a little uncomfortable if I had it on speaker and my kids where nearby

Not to mention the wife..."Honey, what are you doing in there?"😁

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Melonfish said:

Absolutely, in fact, I'd happily argue that we should have it the other way round. We should know how fatigued the pilot is, but not know how many G's they're pulling exactly, maybe keep the bar as a rough guide and lose the numbers in expert mode.

With regards to what people are saying about the .303's you really do have to riddle the important bits with fire, it's certainly improved my aim somewhat. 

When I finally got the shvak I felt like God.

If devs going to add tiredness bar i hope they won't add another separate indicator for it, instead they could just add circle red bar inside G-indicator!

But even now it's ok, you can assume by previous turns and greying effects how tired you are and even IRL i guess pilot can't know excatly precise how tired he is and how his body is going to react to additional G-forces.

Maybe it would be more unrealistic to have that bar than not having it 🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, =VARP=Ribbon said:

even IRL i guess pilot can't know excatly precise how tired he is and how his body is going to react to additional G-forces.

True but when your life is on the line you can reach deep inside where you didn't know it existed and "survive the un-survivable".  Tales abound of people lifting very heavy objects off people to save their lives, running farther and faster than they ever thought possible, live days beyond what is considered possible in the desert, survive falls that normally kill.

Like the human mind, the human body is capable of exceeding it's design limits, at least for short periods of time.

Edited by Beebop

16 minutes ago, Beebop said:

True but when your life is on the line you can reach deep inside where you didn't know it existed and "survive the un-survivable".  Tales abound of people lifting very heavy objects off people to save their lives, running farther and faster than they ever thought possible, live days beyond what is considered possible in the desert, survive falls that normally kill.

Like the human mind, the human body is capable of exceeding it's design limits, at least for short periods of time.

I agree even you missed the point i was reffering to (wasn't talking about that), adrenaline does miracle but not every situation is like that....anyway there are two sides of every coin and realism aspect is sitting on a thin line, in some areas you gain realism while in other you loose (when it comes to pc simulation).

At some point we have to stop asking and be happy with what we have otherwise it's never ending story!

Edited by =VARP=Ribbon
  • Upvote 2

After playing a bit this week end i must say i have never seen anything like the new pilot physiology in any sim.

It is fantastic!

The visual impairement and the physical effects on the pilot are outstanding: you really feel that your pilot is exhausted and getting sick . Immersion is now way beyond any other sim, as far as i know.

Thank you so much 1CGS team: i never expected that a sim would go so far in immersion and in simulating what hard maneuvers can do to your body:  IMHO You just realeased one of the finest addition in the world of WW2 air combat simulation. It is revolutionnary!

Just WOW!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, kendo said:

They are available in game on the spec tab when you bring up the mission briefing (Esc key while flying if I remember correctly) 

Shouldn't it be in the game map ('o' key) on the specifications tab?

5 minutes ago, kendo said:

They are available in game on the spec tab when you bring up the mission briefing (Esc key while flying if I remember correctly) 

Yeah I prefer though individual files I can study on desktop.

They have been supplying those as well, maybe just not had a chance to do one on the Hurricane yet.

34 minutes ago, 216th_Jordan said:

Shouldn't it be in the game map ('o' key) on the specifications tab?

You're probably right - knew it was something like that.

Think it 's both actually. 

4 hours ago, Beebop said:

even IRL i guess pilot can't know excatly precise how tired he is and how his body is going to react to additional G-forces.

I am not too sure about this, how about all aerobatics pilot that have blacked out and lost their lives? a close friend blacked out in an F15 doing dogfights, and woke up diving at more than 700mph towards the sea, ejection seat saved him, still lots of broken bones and the legs has never been back to normal, combat is just not planned and its improvised , you dont know what the enemy is going to pull next and you try to follow if attacking or evading if on the defensive, like we have in game, blacking out just happens.

Here is the survival story.

https://archive.seattletimes.com/archive/?date=19990705&slug=2970140

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

I'll probably make a Borat out of myself, because English is not my first language, but here are my first impressions about the good old Hurri, in career mode. I have started 2 different careers, BoM and BoS. Moscow is frustrating; the .303s don't pack much of a punch, but I did get one kill after a few missions. Now... When you fly BoS, you have the option to modify with 2 BS and 2 ShVAK; they deliver, believe me, it turns the Hurri into quite a beast. Ammunitions are few, you have to get close and personal, but you will shoot down those F4.

Edited by Cleo9
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Cleo9 said:

I'll probably make a Borat out of myself, because English is not my first language, but here are my first impressions about the good old Hurri, in career mode. I have started 2 different careers, BoM and BoS. Moscow is frustrating; the .303s don't pack much of a punch, but I did get one kill after a few missions. Now... When you fly BoS, you have the option to modify with 2 BS and 2 ShVAK; they deliver, believe me, it turns the Hurri into quite a beast. Ammunitions are few, you have to get close and personal, but you will shoot down those F4.

Well, default armament is not very lethal - like in history. Try it with 4x 20 mm - thats "another coffee" 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Cleo9 said:

Nothing wrong with your English, old chap 👍

Edited by EAF19_Marsh
  • Upvote 2

-Six-Motivated

This might be slightly off-topic but relevant at the same time, is there a chance to add a dust filter to the Bf 109 F-4 and G-2 as a modification much like the air filter for the Hurricane in a future update?

• Upvote 1

Good request.  If they put a dust filter on the Hurri why not the Franz and Gustav?  And since we have had desert skins from the outset it makes one wonder if the Med/N.Africa has been on the minds of the Devs for a while?

• Like 1

"The easiest one to shoot down of the enemy fighters is the Hurricane. It is totally helpless against us below 3,000 meters. It is slow and very clumsy and unmanoeuvrable. Whenever you meet a Hurricane, engage it in a turn-fight, where it is totally at our mercy. It is best to shoot this plane in the forward part of the fuselage when it almost immediately bursts into flames."

http://www.virtualpilots.fi/hist/WW2History-CaptainWindsAirCombatTacticsLecture.html

8 hours ago, Cleo9 said:

I too fly the new Hurri on the beautiful Moscow Winter map, but you are absolutely right :it takes a bucket full of 303 ammo to down even a little 109 let alone it's bigger brothers.I might have to try the Stalingrad map, but what I'd really like to see is the availabilty of a Campaign/Career on the Kuban map with the Tunisia mod!😘

12 minutes ago, ACG_Mephisto said:

"The easiest one to shoot down of the enemy fighters is the Hurricane. It is totally helpless against us below 3,000 meters. It is slow and very clumsy and unmanoeuvrable. Whenever you meet a Hurricane, engage it in a turn-fight, where it is totally at our mercy. It is best to shoot this plane in the forward part of the fuselage when it almost immediately bursts into flames."

http://www.virtualpilots.fi/hist/WW2History-CaptainWindsAirCombatTacticsLecture.html

Interesting reading. Looking at the date it is from 1943 when Wind was flying the Bf109G. So what he says isn't a total surprise, unless he is referring to him flying the Brewster, which I doubt.

Edited by 216th_Cat

Confused_2018

Unpopular opinion:

After watching a yt video showing the G effect, I *REALLY* dislike it it.  I can really see experienced pilots with many hours in the air being affected this badly. NOT.

It's almost like you have written this like you put your average civilian driver into an F-1 car and told them to go for a full race distance.  I'd expect these types of issues for them.  I do not expect to see this from a fit, young, and trained pilot or F-1 driver for that matter.

• Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Confused_2018 said:

Unpopular opinion:

After watching a yt video showing the G effect, I *REALLY* dislike it it.  I can really see experienced pilots with many hours in the air being affected this badly. NOT.

It's almost like you have written this like you put your average civilian driver into an F-1 car and told them to go for a full race distance.  I'd expect these types of issues for them.  I do not expect to see this from a fit, young, and trained pilot or F-1 driver for that matter.

Well, they said they weren't simulating an experienced pilot with 100s of hours. They said, (after a poll) that it was going to simulate Joe average, who'd just been given his initial training and thrown in the deep end.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Confused_2018 said:

Unpopular opinion:

After watching a YT video? do you have the game? An F1 driver lives training, its well fed, and rested, unlike a WWII pilot, plus a car is very different than a plane have you ever seen a F1 driver blacking out? Some aerobatic pilots have blacked out and paid the price with their lives.

Edited by SCG_motoadve
  • Upvote 5

• Han unpinned this topic