Since we already know BoN is coming, any ideas for where the next DLC will be set?

TFDcoode

6./ZG26_Custard

Malta would be a fantastic choice with some great aircraft. It was one of the most strategically important places in the Mediterranean and it covers the period from 11 June 1940 – 20 November 1942. It would also feature naval combat and aircraft carriers. 

messerschmitt-bf-110-gladiator-mk2-battle-for-malta-siege-of-malta-war-ww2-art-aviation-dogfight-painting-drawing.jpg

Malta-1200_480.jpg

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

Malta would be a fantastic choice with some great aircraft. It was one of the most strategically important places in the Mediterranean and it covers the period from 11 June 1940 – 20 November 1942. It would also feature naval combat and aircraft carriers. 

I see that you’re very keen on Malta, in particular the devs doing Malta, but I don’t think that the devs are going to do that after BoN. Although it seems interesting and while yes I would like to fly over Malta, and off aircraft carriers, especially British ones, I feel that there’s more of an interest in a late war battle such as Battle of Berlin (which would include a late 44-early 45 Eastern front) or 1943-44 Eastern front than doing Malta. 
Also, I feel that Team Fusion will go there next. Even though nothing has been said, it just seems like the most obvious place as where would they go to for their main map if not Malta?

But I feel that at some point, perhaps by the end of this decade the devs could do the MTO.

ww2fighter20
1 hour ago, Enceladus said:

Also, I feel that Team Fusion will go there next. Even though nothing has been said, it just seems like the most obvious place as where would they go to for their main map if not Malta?

But I feel that at some point, perhaps by the end of this decade the devs could do the MTO.

I have an similar feeling except instead of Malta they go for the Invasion of Sicily which map would also cover Malta, 2 birds with one stone so it's the mostly likely next choice.

cardboard_killer

Anzio. It may have been the last really contested battle between WAllied and German tactical forces excepting lopsided Normandy.

• Upvote 1

-=PHX=-SuperEtendard

Would love either a land based Pacific scenario or an Italy 1943 scenario

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

Concept map of possible battles for IL-2 Sturmovik  Great Battles.

_____E-FRONT_________________________________________W-FRONT_________________________________PACIFIC/ORIENT

1939_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BO.Finland                                                                                                                                                    BO.Khalking Gol

1940_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BO.Britain   

1941____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BOW (Moscow) 

1942____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BOS (Stalingrad)                                                             BO.Malta                                                                     BO.Midway

TC.El Alamein

1943____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BOK (Kuban)                                                                    BO.Tunísia                                                          BO.New Guinea 

TC.Prokhorovka

1944____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TC.Minsk                                                                       BON (Normandy)                                                      BO.Leyte Gulf

BO.Rome/Italy

1945____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
        BO.Berlin                                                                        BOBP (Bodenplatte)                                                     BO.Okinawa

TC.Reichstag                                                                                                                                                          BO.Honshu

Malta it could have the Gladiator Mk II, CR.42 biplanes and also several Italian planes like the Reggiane 2000. Spitfire V, Baltimore, Beufort and other bombers could complete the set of planes. The map could be the island of Malta and southern Sicily, perhaps a little bit of North Africa. 

Minsk would be a battle with tanks, variants of the Panther, Tiger and the first T-34-85DT and IS-2. The map could be used by air servers and complete the Eastern front scene. The new VVS planes can be added in a future Battle of Berlin with the Yak-3 and La-7.
Italy in 1944 is possible with the Spitfire VIII, P-40N and several planes of the allies. Also planes like G.55 and MC.205 with cannons, late versions of MS.79 and 109 modified for Italians.
Reichstag modeling the city of Berlin for a tank battle.Latest models of Tiger and German tank destroyer, Su-100 and the later models of the IS-2 and Soviet tank destroyer.

Most Japanese battles with extra island maps. Example: New Guinea + Guadacanal map, Midway + Pearl Habor map, etc.

Feel free to discuss the topic.

I'm going to expand the post further, but I think about it since 2019 ...

Edited by LUZITANO

Why not Burma? Seems like a nice stepping stone to a PTO without having to worry about carrier battles for a bit. Starting getting some of the early-model aircraft in place.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, grcurmudgeon said:

Why not Burma? Seems like a nice stepping stone to a PTO without having to worry about carrier battles for a bit. Starting getting some of the early-model aircraft in place.

I would like a suggestion of planes to put in a Burma battles. If you have ideas of planes it would be a good battle, here is my list of the pacific.
66824878_5BatttlesforPacific.thumb.jpeg.bfbab85dbe0ba794dfd8836b210206eb.jpeg

2 hours ago, LUZITANO said:

I would like a suggestion of planes to put in a Burma battles. If you have ideas of planes it would be a good battle, here is my list of the pacific.
66824878_5BatttlesforPacific.thumb.jpeg.bfbab85dbe0ba794dfd8836b210206eb.jpeg

(Aha, like buttons are limited here.)

You are missing F2A2 whatever Buffalo. I would write very salty comments to forum. Make F4 OP kitty collector, so that those wanting to be OP must pay of it more, and add Buffalo to base game.

(Wanted to just comment about greatness of vintage notes.)

3 hours ago, grcurmudgeon said:

You might like the thread linked below:

2 hours ago, LUZITANO said:

In what year does this battle take place?

March - July 1944 although the OP also feels a game campaign would work fine if it started in December 1943.

13 hours ago, HBPencil said:

March - July 1944 although the OP also feels a game campaign would work fine if it started in December 1943.

I think it could work. But you need to see the plane set, the Japanese bombers are cool, but the Spitfire VIII and the Zeros I suggested in other battles.

1 hour ago, grcurmudgeon said:

I was thinking the Flying Tigers in 1941-1942, going early war. Maybe not enough plane variety on the Allied side though.

Flying tigers would be awesome, but I don't think we ever get official things like that. Someone have to make the campaign and maybe even accept wrong P40 planes on it, after IC releases some Pacific thing.

Flew Flying Tigers in original IL-2, still missing hell lot of the campaign variety it gave. However would still prefer to get less planes but awesomely modeled games. IL-2 original was so "bare bones" that you had to get variety by various very different campaigns and planes. With this BoX I think I am much more happy with limited planes and campaigns because everything is so much more detailed.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, messsucher said:

Flying tigers would be awesome, but I don't think we ever get official things like that. Someone have to make the campaign and maybe even accept wrong P40 planes on it, after IC releases some Pacific thing.

Flew Flying Tigers in original IL-2, still missing hell lot of the campaign variety it gave. However would still prefer to get less planes but awesomely modeled games. IL-2 original was so "bare bones" that you had to get variety by various very different campaigns and planes. With this BoX I think I am much more happy with limited planes and campaigns because everything is so much more detailed.

It’s amazing how much insight you have into what this dev team can do for someone who got here about 5 days ago.

3 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

It’s amazing how much insight you have into what this dev team can do for someone who got here about 5 days ago.

How much you think this is different than some other commercial game development? Do you think I have lived in a bottle? Do you think this is my first flight sim ever? Do you think I haven't watched like every month videos of flight sims and observed at times what is going on? According to your posting you think.

Do you really think that the way things are going there will official Flying Tigers released?

What do you think? I think I give you one chance to start making some sense. After that I will just ignore you, I am too old for shit shows with idiots.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, messsucher said:

What do you think? 

I think you got here 5 days ago and have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about.

Just now, BraveSirRobin said:

I think you got here 5 days ago and have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about.

Alright. That is fine. Now can you please get lost and let me figure out things, if you can't enlighten me with you experience of 4219 postings here.

Or want to meet a therapist? What is your problem? Are you a boss in this forum who tell what people can talk here? Do I have to send messages for you to check out and approve? You chose what questions and opinions are allowed?

I am curious honestly of what is your problem because it help me to understand people like you. Now I can't understand.

What sort of bet we do regarding Flying Tigers?

4 minutes ago, messsucher said:

I am curious honestly of what is your problem

I’m not the one with the problem, here.  Maybe you should just relax a little and wait until you’ve been here a good solid month before you tell people who have been supporting this game for about 10 years that they’re idiots.  

23 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

I’m not the one with the problem, here.  Maybe you should just relax a little and wait until you’ve been here a good solid month before you tell people who have been supporting this game for about 10 years that they’re idiots.  

So, mr. "BraveSirRobin". You are neither brave nor noble if you begin to pick on someone "who has been 5 days here" about how he does not know anything, and then you don't even declare terms on bet about the subject when challenged to make a bet. With all that knowledge you pose you have one new to the scene could had expected you to explain why one is wrong, instead of you beginning to pick him. Rather low on your side, then when tossed back what you tossed first, that is shit, you victimize yourself and demand respect because you have paid of DLCs 8 years. No, it does not work that way. You get no respect. Your monetary contributions are appreciated, but you don't get any respect from, even if you had 10 000 postings here, if all you can do is come shout passive aggressive comments to a person who has been 5 days here and enjoy the game and enjoy to discuss of the game.

I understand that your type hate if someone new come talk about things, you feel they steal attention from you? The new persons should be silent, in some sort of corner, just listening and giving you room and space to talk?

Whatever.

You should be ashamed how you behave to new player, who have never done nothing bad to you. You really should. But you can't. You just want to ruin the fun someone else is having. You get kicks of that. You become angry, then you follow your primitive impulses and want to hurt that someone you begat to hate. "Sir". "Brave." Give me a break.

Edit: Haha, imagine being a forum bully.

Edited by messsucher
Afterword

You should be ashamed how you behave to new player, who have never done nothing bad to you. 

You called me an idiot after my very first response to you.  This might be a good time for you to google “Dunning Kruger”.   And find a mirror.  When you are done reading the google entry for “Dunning Kruger”, stare very intensely into the mirror.

You just got here.  Relax.  Stop calling people who have been here 10 years idiots.  Because you have you friggin’ idea what you’re talking about.

Just kidding!  Keeping calling people who know a lot more than you idiots.  It’s the best way to make friends here.

2 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

You called me an idiot after my very first response to you.  This might be a good time for you to google “Dunning Kruger”.   And find a mirror.  When you are done reading the google entry for “Dunning Kruger”, stare very intensely into the mirror.

You just got here.  Relax.  Stop calling people who have been here 10 years idiots.  Because you have you friggin’ idea what you’re talking about.

Just kidding!  Keeping calling people who know a lot more than you idiots.  It’s the best way to make friends here.

I find it hilarious how this new meme based on ancient Socratean play to help people rethink and question things is misunderstood and misused to state in populist way that the one with you were arguing with does not know anything because BAM, Dunning Kruger card smashed in the table.

I though agree, it can be that my predication regarding Flying Tigers would go totally wrong. Would love to be wrong on that! But I wont hold my breath. It is comparable to the knowledge that if I fly with Yak-3 to the middle of hot spot in dog fighting server I don't have to fly the plane back home.

That your last hint was fine, and something I am very aware of, believe or not.

I find it hilarious how this new meme based on ancient Socratean play to help people rethink and question things is misunderstood and misused to state in populist way that the one with you were arguing with does not know anything because BAM, Dunning Kruger card smashed in the table.

You don’t know anything because you’ve only been here 5 days.  The DK card got smashed on the table because you started telling people who have been here 10 years how things work around here.  But good luck with everything.  You’ll fit right in here.

5 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

You don’t know anything because you’ve only been here 5 days.  The DK card got smashed on the table because you started telling people who have been here 10 years how things work around here.  But good luck with everything.  You’ll fit right in here.

Dunno about fitting here, but I have fun here, so that's the reason I am here. Hope we meet someday in different sides in this real campaign called TAW.

13 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Not a TAW fan.    I mostly fly on Combat Box.

Well, once I get VR set I come challenge you to a duel in CB in order to celebrate the VR set and get an exiting experience with it.

8 minutes ago, messsucher said:

Well, once I get VR set I come challenge you to a duel in CB in order to celebrate the VR set and get an exiting experience with it.

Good luck with that.  CB is a realistic server.  I’ll just drag you and have my wingman kill you.

16 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Good luck with that.  CB is a realistic server.  I’ll just drag you and have my wingman kill you.

Never played other than full realistic in original IL-2 or CloD. I don't bring wingman myself, if I did, he or she would kill you both 😄

24 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Hopefully the next module will be North Africa or Italy.

Bugger that. Everyone wants to see the duel.

@messsucher you will be doing a vid right?

1 hour ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Sissy detected. 😝

32 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Why? Korea would be way better.

1 hour ago, BraveSirRobin said:

We already have a pretty good North Africa IL-2 game.

Italy after 1943 seems more like 2 collector maps with pretty much aircraft that can be used in Bodenplatte and Normandy, and very few new types of aircraft that saw considerable action there from 1944-45. A DLC for a DLC is what late-war Italy is to me.

I think the majority of players would be more interested for the next module having late war Yaks, or more Russian bombers, or the Pacific.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tycoon said:

Not sure what being done with ww2 means exactly.

When they can't make enough money to justify producing more modules.

51 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

When they can't make enough money to justify producing more modules.

You're basically saying never right? If they get to the point were no one is buying their ww2 modules people definitely wont buy their korea. 

1 hour ago, Tycoon said:

You're basically saying never right? If they get to the point were no one is buying their ww2 modules people definitely wont buy their korea. 

There are only so many widely marketable WWII threaters.