coode

Since we already know BoN is coming, any ideas for where the next DLC will be set?

I've done some research into the Winter War and the Continuation War up north on the border between Finland and the USSR. There wasn't as much air action as Eastern Europe and Western Europe but there was still some, enough definitely for a new DLC. The Fins used a variety of German equipment and some British stuff to fight off the Russians. The USSR obviously used their own indigenous vehicles. What I am trying to get across is that there are enough vehicles already in game that could undergo some modifications and adjustments to fit into the wars in the north. This is all just a proposal but I'd like to hear your ideas.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

The answer to your thread title is simply “no”

• Upvote 3

Lots of ideas. Check out the Polls folder. I think there's a Finnish group working on TCW, but who knows. Personally, I'd love Tunisia. The problem is we are running up against the end of German a/c and there doesn't seem to be a market for the Italian fighters.

• Upvote 1

That would be just too good to be true. We can only hope but I am afraid that it wont happen.

2 hours ago, Mika_87 said:

That would be just too good to be true. We can only hope but I am afraid that it wont happen.

Cardboard killer said there was a group working on something, I'm gonna back that and hopefully at least a winter map and maybe campaign

• Like 1

Late war Eastern Front would be awesome. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, coode said:

Cardboard killer said there was a group working on something, I'm gonna back that and hopefully at least a winter map and maybe campaign

I think there is a group out of Finland working on the Leningrad front in 1942. Early war Finns against Russians. Very cold.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Any lengthy operations where the Italians were the predominant Axis airforce in the air? Would be nice to explore a new country rather than trying to squeeze out yet another 109G

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

The are number of possibilities;

Italian Front/ Sicily

Greece and or Crete

North Africa Post Oct. 1942 (It appear Team Fusion is only going to do the early phase).

We are running low of German fighters. I think there is really only one German fighter left (G-10). The rest are high altitude fighters or reconnaissance planes. There are few 190s left not including the TA 152. They have to start offering two packages one with basic German planset and one without. However, this will result in all of the games being modulated (Maps, Planeset, etc...). This is a very focus audience i would find it extraordinary if the vast majority of players here would shy away from a game because of Italian aircraft. 

---

• Upvote 3

As much as I'd prefer a MTO module, after BON there will obviously be a late eastern front module (44/45). My guess is the Balaton area.

Bf 109 G10

Fw 190 A9 (not much else left)

Ju 87 D5

Yak3

La7 (collector)

And some late IL2 and other bomber variants. Or it goes "full retard" mode and is Berlin 45 with some random blueprint and jet prototypes.

After that they can offer a complete pack with all previous planes and maps included and then just release separate maps and aircraft packs that are not standalone products. 

I suspect it will be another part of Russia that nobody outside Russia has heard of and yet another version of the 109 & 190.  It won't be an earlier one though as history shows that customers do not like buying aircraft that are not as good as the ones they already have. 

With that in mind then a complete change of theatre is also a possibility. I would love to the Pacific but it looks like that is on hold. 

Finland would be nice but it runs into the problem of getting people to buy older aircraft though the Allied aircraft will be different..   

The Med would be nice as they could build some Italian aircraft, Beauforts, Swordfish, Gladiators and practice getting Carriers to work properly.  I would not even be upset if they wanted to pretend that the Germans launched their own carrier, Graf Zeppelin, with 109Ts and Stukas and got it past Gibraltar but I doubt they would have been so reckless.   

If they could get at least one big bomber built then a map based around long range high altitude daylight bombing raids would be nice as it would get the P47s and P51s doing what they were made for as well as the 262s and even 163s.   It would not give the Axis side much bomber play but that never stopped the Battle Of Britain sims from selling well with just Axis bombers.    

Finally we have Spain which is sufficiently different to avoid the problem with older aircraft as most of the aircraft are brand new types but it still had the 109s which many Axis pilots cannot live without.  Also completely new maps of course.  

On 5/4/2020 at 4:37 AM, coode said:

I've done some research into the Winter War and the Continuation War up north on the border between Finland and the USSR. There wasn't as much air action as Eastern Europe and Western Europe but there was still some, enough definitely for a new DLC. The Fins used a variety of German equipment and some British stuff to fight off the Russians. The USSR obviously used their own indigenous vehicles. What I am trying to get across is that there are enough vehicles already in game that could undergo some modifications and adjustments to fit into the wars in the north. This is all just a proposal but I'd like to hear your ideas.

I would like Italy 1943, Finland map is being made by mods team, and i expect if we get another ww2 DLC it will be Poland 1944-45

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, CountZero said:

I would like Italy 1943, Finland map is being made by mods team, and i expect if we get another ww2 DLC it will be Poland 1944-45

Agree.  Italy '43 would be fantastic.  Interesting Italian aircraft along with the desert airforce and carriers flying Seafires and Martletts.  Even a chance for the LW to use 'smart bombs'.:clapping:

What'll we get?  Something that the dev team want to make perhaps?   If WW2 then, yeah - Bagration I think. 

If not then I'd settle for flying a Panther off the coast of Korea:biggrin:

• Like 1

Honestly, I think the idea of trying to avoid repeating German aircraft is going to sour the potential expansions quite quickly. It would be far better to simply discount the aircraft in a package that a player may already own. EG: if you do a late war eastern front package, and (hypothetically) all the axis aircraft are the same as the BOBp expansion, simply allow owners of BOBp to purchase the expansion at half price, problem solved. Yes their profits may take a hit, but its also work off their plate. 

12 hours ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

Finland would be nice but it runs into the problem of getting people to buy older aircraft though the Allied aircraft will be different.. 

Finally we have Spain which is sufficiently different to avoid the problem with older aircraft as most of the aircraft are brand new types but it still had the 109s which many Axis pilots cannot live without.  Also completely new maps of course.  

Why would older aircraft be a problem? I guess i a out of the loop; generally one wants to fly the planes within the campaign. You are either interested in WW2 aviation history or not. 

It is my understanding that  the developers want each game to consist of fighters. This is at least the pattern. 

6 hours ago, QB.Shallot said:

Honestly, I think the idea of trying to avoid repeating German aircraft is going to sour the potential expansions quite quickly. It would be far better to simply discount the aircraft in a package that a player may already own. EG: if you do a late war eastern front package, and (hypothetically) all the axis aircraft are the same as the BOBp expansion, simply allow owners of BOBp to purchase the expansion at half price, problem solved. Yes their profits may take a hit, but its also work off their plate. 

It's inevitable that they will run out of German planes. The aircraft is already created, so they won't lose any money. 

@[=PzG=]-FlyinPinkPanther My point exactly. I suppose a better way to have worded it would be "their potential profits would take a hit." realistically they would be getting the same bang for their buck. I certainly think its the way forward, since it opens up theaters like Italy without having to shill out money for air-frames that are almost identical to what I already have. 

@QB.Shallot I honestly think it will be the other way around. producing a product without aircraft would still be profitable given they have a captured audience. Since the vast majority of players are exclusively SP, they will buy new maps if it increases the diversity of the product. If you limit the "discount" version to the newer games than that could potentially hurt new sales. The older games would have to be on permanent sales has they will not have the option of buying a "lite" version.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, QB.Shallot said:

There is no rush, BoN willl be over at best in late 2021, then they can do Poland 44-45 (they have 5x5 new airplanes) or Italy 43 ( also you can have 5x5 new airplanes) or some other area where they have 5x5 that im not aware of, thats untill 2023 or if you do both 2025, and then you have to start to think what next as engine is already old at that point, and you also have 4-5 collector airplanes in that time. I dont think they will ever be in situation where they dont have 5x5.

And if Finland guys build good map, they can in that time just make few maps to fuill in areas where you have airplanes in game. So you sell map + SP campaign.

Thats all if they dont call it quits after BoN because of great recesion, this is niche and pricy game and its not like they had it all easy untill now.

Also with idia that if i have airplanes i get discount on new DLC, is not easy to do as i can just buy BoBp at 12$ and get 40$ of new DLC that is 80$ and milk it more.

18 hours ago, [=PzG=]-FlyinPinkPanther said:

Why would older aircraft be a problem? I guess i a out of the loop; generally one wants to fly the planes within the campaign. You are either interested in WW2 aviation history or not. 

They took a hit bringing out Battle Of Moscow because everyone was used to flying Yaks and later 109s and a lot of people were not interested in the idea of flying older 109s and I-16s.  Personally I love those aircraft but just take a look at how most servers don't run BoM maps and when they do they are poorly attended and get cycled to BoS maps quickly.  Now look at how popular BoK was with its even better aircraft and then BoBp. It would be nice if the market was full of real WW2 history enthusiasts but it isn't.  

• Upvote 2

I think the problem is not running out of Bf109s so much as what does that mean for the 5+5 business model. 

If the next module is still in Europe, does that mean you build 5 more obscure planes or non fighters? For the people who own the rest of the modules that's no issue, but what happens to the person whose first purchase is just full of lesser known planes with no main fighters? I think that is a tough problem to solve if the 5+5 model continues. Unless the Pacific becomes viable, we are probably going to be testing the limits of the business model in the next two releases after BON.

One solution is to jump ahead to Korea, or backwards to BoB or SCW (please don't go to SCW!).

Having spent all day playing all I can add is that you build it and I will buy it! Did I mention All Day?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2020 at 4:22 AM, 56RAF_Roblex said:

They took a hit bringing out Battle Of Moscow because everyone was used to flying Yaks and later 109s and a lot of people were not interested in the idea of flying older 109s and I-16s.  Personally I love those aircraft but just take a look at how most servers don't run BoM maps and when they do they are poorly attended and get cycled to BoS maps quickly.  Now look at how popular BoK was with its even better aircraft and then BoBp. It would be nice if the market was full of real WW2 history enthusiasts but it isn't.  

I do not see an outcry for BON and it is earlier planes than BOB. 

MP isn't a good measurement given the vast majority play SP and not MP. 

On 5/8/2020 at 10:33 AM, Jade_Monkey said:

I think the problem is not running out of Bf109s so much as what does that mean for the 5+5 business model. 

If the next module is still in Europe, does that mean you build 5 more obscure planes or non fighters? For the people who own the rest of the modules that's no issue, but what happens to the person whose first purchase is just full of lesser known planes with no main fighters? I think that is a tough problem to solve if the 5+5 model continues. Unless the Pacific becomes viable, we are probably going to be testing the limits of the business model in the next two releases after BON.

One solution is to jump ahead to Korea, or backwards to BoB or SCW (please don't go to SCW!).

There is still the 109 G-10. If you go early war you have earlier versions of the 109 "E" series. There is also the 109 T which was designed for the carrier, but was used by I./JG77 while in Norway. The 190 there is the A-1, A-2, and A-4. There are also lesser known aircraft like the He 177 and the Do 17. There are variants of other aircraft as well. There is also Italian a/c. While inevitable, it is not necessarily imminent. 

Additional notes: if they can do a late campaign in North Africa, we can get 109 "G" series Trop versions. In italy, II./JG 77 actually flown MC 205s. 

Edited by [=PzG=]-FlyinPinkPanther

Posted (edited)

Please! nothing strange, no fantasy planes or aircraft carriers! There are still a lot of missing real theaters of operation to be developed and for which we have already a basic planeset, groundset and shipset:

1. North africa: we already have Bf109s, MC-202, BF-110, Ju-52, Spitfire, Hurricane, P-40, Ju-87, Ju-88, He-111, A-20 series, just add correct variants and add a couple of british bombers and you have a  funny completely new environment. There is no need to develop a huge map, maybe just Tobruk or El-Alamein sector.
  2. Malta, with a very similar planeset as above and a very small map, easy and quick to do.
  3. early war scenarios like France and Low countries, etc... Again, many aircrafts are already present in the game,  just develop the respective early variants, and map is partly present (bodenplatte map)
  4. winter and continuation war with the finnish air force. Again, many aircraft types already developed.
  5. defence of Germany. Just develop B-17 and B-24 bombers, even just AI controlled, and you can have a defence of Germany scenario already quite complete. Bodenplatte map is already ok, planeset is almost already complete, especially after BON.

There is plenty of possibilities and options, some of them quite cheap and quick o be developed I think.

Edited by I/JG53_Kurtz
  • Confused 1

There a few interesting German planes left such as He 219 UHU, He 162, or He 112 in Romanian colours to add some range to the German planes on offer.

Reichsverteidigung is the theatre of operations I would like to see. We will already have most of the UK/US fighter aircraft but from the eastern side we can have the La-7, Yak-3, Yak-9U. The strategic bomber offensive could start with AI B-17/24, maybe Lancaster/Halifax too. On the German side they can introduce the more esoteric aircraft types such as the Komet Me 163 and Volksjager Hs 162.

Would be a great way to round the whole series off.

1 minute ago, MADOV said:

Reichsverteidigung is the theatre of operations I would like to see. We will already have most of the UK/US fighter aircraft but from the eastern side we can have the La-7, Yak-3, Yak-9U. The strategic bomber offensive could start with AI B-17/24, maybe Lancaster/Halifax too. On the German side they can introduce the more esoteric aircraft types such as the Komet Me 163 and Volksjager Hs 162.

Would be a great way to round the whole series off.

Not going to happen. Four-engined planes and strategic bombing are out, whether AI or not. Which makes the Me163 pointless, unfortunately. 

Anything after Bodenplatte is dubious as far as I'm concerned. The imbalance in numbers doesn't make for any good scenarios.

Posted (edited)

No thanks to more fantasy airplanes, we see how good that is with 262s that are great vulcher machines and ruin MP quickly. ALso you aint gona have Berlin on any future maps so no point in bombers even if game could handle more then 10 4 engine bombers with 10+ crew positions. For big bomber action and many AI+human airplanes your best bet is succes of CloD engine that has better DM, visability and can easy handle 100s+ airplanes in same area like its eating a pancake for brunch. If they do TF6 they can historicly have B-17 as they started to be used from england to bomb targets in france on clod map in 1942, and that game can handle 100s of them in air.

Edited by CountZero

You guys simply do not know what is out or in for the future and for your information it is a minority of users that involve themselves in multiplayer, they may be the loudest voices but I am confident that the Devs are fully aware where the majority of their sales come from.  If there is one thing that is certain, it is that nothing is written yet.

Posted (edited)

Do you have bombable/flyable Moscow on Moscow map ? or London and Paris on BoN map (even though you would have to have Paris so all airplanes like ar-234 have historical airbases for SP ) ? you dont, so if we have some Berlin ofencive map you aint gona have Berlin or even parts west from it, so no need for B-17 he-162 or me 163 as you aint gona have bases for them to take of for SP. So even if aim of game is to please SP players no point in fantasy scenarious then, or airplanes that were bearly used and are basicly prototypes that were trown in air out of despare.

Edited by CountZero

I am with the Eastern Front Late idea! All we need are the Yak-3s, Yak-9s(it's already in the works) and La-7s. To complement this on the German side would be the Bf 109G-10, Fw 190A-9, Fw 190D11/13/15. Without the B-17s/B-24s the Ta 152C/H are really not needed.

For a map, I would say it would span Berlin, Minsk, Kyiv, Bucharest to Prague.

I just feel the Eastern Front late air war is very underrepresented because it was overshadowed by Allied invasion and subsequent push. 

• Upvote 1

Never say never... Or you'll never get anything. All of these are great options and maybe the game wouldn't be so "niche". 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MADOV said:

You guys simply do not know what is out or in for the future and for your information it is a minority of users that involve themselves in multiplayer, they may be the loudest voices but I am confident that the Devs are fully aware where the majority of their sales come from.  If there is one thing that is certain, it is that nothing is written yet.

I am not so sure this is true. The game does lean heavily towards the SP experience. The 5x5 model and large maps attract the SP. The MP that likes the large maps and immersive play tend to want the same thing as the SP. MP who wish to dogfight only do not need a ton of planes to enjoy MP.  The Career mode is a little unpolished but that seems more to the size of the development team than an intent. 

7 hours ago, MADOV said:

In this case I think that we do. It has been said by the devs many times that the complexity of four-engined bombers and the numbers required for a realistic mission scenario precludes BoX from ever becoming a strategic air war sim. It is a tactical air combat-based game and that's the end of it. And that applies both to MP and SP; there's no distinction.

I hate the idea that you guys believe we are stuck at late war scenarios. 
If it is true that we cannot go back in time. This sim is doomed in a relative short timespan. 
There are so much missed by early war, winter war, BOP (battle of Poland) BOF

even SCW 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

If it is true that we cannot go back in time. This sim is doomed in a relative short timespan. 

even SCW 

Agreed. Another late-war scenario might be the first time I don't pre-order, or even buy it at all.

On 5/4/2020 at 1:41 PM, cardboard_killer said:

Lots of ideas. Check out the Polls folder. I think there's a Finnish group working on TCW, but who knows.

The Clone Wars would honestly be an awesome DLC. Didn’t think 1C had the rights tbh.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

even SCW 

I agree.

There are sooo many planes, particularly BoM planes that still need to be added, not to mention some areas as well.

I-153

Pe-3

IL-4

early Yaks and Laggs

SB-2

TB-3 (unlikely, but you never know)

Tu-2

I-15

Finland/Leningrad map (being done by a Finnish team)

Operation Barbarossa Map, which can be used for 1941 and 1943-44.

Edited by Novice-Flyer
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Korean War.

Prop fighters, early jet fighters (still about gunnery and not air-to-air missiles) Navy carrier operations (props and jets) and new types of air-to-ground weapons and loadouts, plus radar.  Also helicopters.

I am not into tanks at all, but also opportunity for tank drivers.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Edited by 56RAF_Talisman

I definitely am not interested in Korean war especially since there is so much more to do with World War II. From a single player perspective, there is so much more that can be created in career mode that can be created (e.g. multiple maps to give your career more vitality and immersions, more early war planes, etc..). 

Jets are cool, e.g. Me 262, but it is cool in the fact it is new technology and it is a novelty. Plus, potting panes was made much harder from WW1 to WW2, Jet's would be next to impossible. Your eyes are better in real life than they are in digital viewing. 

MP an use the variety. 

Maybe a total insane thought. But a helicopter scenario would be very interesting. Not speaking of the super modern chopers like the Ah-64 with its impossible to implement avionics. 

But Cold war stuff like early Hinds, Cobras and Hueys would be interesting.