RAPTORATTACKER'S SKINHOUSE

Raptorattacker

Raptorattacker
6 hours ago, Ala13_UnopaUno_VR said:

For this skin what I would like most would be to find the effect of dust and dirt on all sides, wear on the canopies of the dome, dust between the tires, a challenge of wear, and dirt, even exaggerated if it could be.
With all the respect in the world to your time spent for this skin I would greatly appreciate it.

I think I could manage that. You've come to the right place because I don't DO clean planes!!

Give me a couple of days and I'll get it done for you.

Rap

:thank_you:

1 hour ago, Falcon41 said:

Nevertheless, would you consider making several skins of P-47-22 using the plates from Chris Bucholtz's book on the Tuskegee Airmen ?

"Making several skins", is not a thing I would commit to right now. I'm pretty much snowed under with requests at this moment in time. I would happily make ONE for you so feel free to take your pick. It won't be for a few days though, at least!

Edited by LeLv30_Raptorattacker
  • Thanks 1

Rap,

I think the P-47 -22 of 2nd LT.Lloyd Hathcock would be fine.  Thanking you in advance and Oh, by the way, I too prefer dirty airplanes.

Falcon

Raptorattacker
59 minutes ago, Falcon41 said:

I think the P-47 -22 of 2nd LT.Lloyd Hathcock would be fine.

Okay. Dirt is unconditional!

@Ala13_UnopaUno_VR Unfortunately, as much as I would LOVE to do Pudgy there is not really ANY info on this machine and it's markings. Trust me, I've got quite a few books!

Capture.thumb.JPG.e3613d9b68c81a0c80131b87585172b7.JPG   

I can't find anything good enough to get the text on the fuselage (and that's just on ONE side of it!). What d'you want to do? Pick another?                                                                              

Edited by LeLv30_Raptorattacker

Ala13_UnopaUno_VR
17 minutes ago, LeLv30_Raptorattacker said:

image.png.b8200dc3359412e01c3ea1ef09239d8e.pngimage.png.738f22701dcae00451ce69c692c49ce5.pngimage.png.8014b91d9740f7667916f60db2475291.pngimage.png.5846b52430ccd97ebea685154cfe0404.pngimage.png.86af30b1921657a717296ffd5e7e240c.pngimage.png.adf462856fa503fa6a6d5442c2f8ae17.pngimage.png.cc3a9cdf1b5e7c4d1526a3a91046715c.pngimage.png.30e1aec8768a64d4d534d85ef2f3c0e5.png                 

Could it be 57th-WickedWabbit? I think there are more images of this plane on different sides.                        

• Like 1

Raptorattacker
14 hours ago, Ala13_UnopaUno_VR said:

With all the respect in the world to your time spent for this skin I would greatly appreciate it.

It's up, go get it! The one thing that is difficult to do is the dirty tyres because they're in a different location and would require 'Mods On' to be enabled and everything so my advice would be to get your wheels up as quick as you can!!

Enjoy.

Rap

Ala13_UnopaUno_VR
6 hours ago, Raptorattacker said:

Está arriba, ve a buscarlo! ¡Lo único que es difícil de hacer son los neumáticos sucios porque están en una ubicación diferente y requerirían 'Mods On' habilitados y todo, así que mi consejo sería levantar las ruedas lo más rápido posible!

Disfrutar.

Rap

:gracias:

😳😳😳😳where ? where? Is it already? I do not see the download link, I see youtube ^^ is amazing¡¡  which hurts the wheels, I know that there are some skin that if they contain it in their file, nothing happens as you say train up and high grass 🤣

When can you give me the download link

Thank you¡¡¡¡¡🧡

Edited by Ala13_UnopaUno_VR

Raptorattacker
2 hours ago, Ala13_UnopaUno_VR said:

😳😳😳😳where ? where? Is it already? I do not see the download link, I see youtube ^^ is amazing¡¡

The download link is ALWAYS directly beneath the YouTube video in my posts!  (The skin can be downloaded HERE)

I'm pleased that you like it!

Have fun

Rap;)

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Raps Wicked Wabbit brings back great memories of one of your great skins on the D28 - little bunny:

Edited by Luger1969
  • Like 2

Raptorattacker
2 hours ago, Luger1969 said:

Hi Raps Wicked Wabbit brings back great memories of one of your great skins on the D28 - little bunny:

Same guy in the cockpit!

;)

Raptorattacker
On 7/21/2020 at 5:43 PM, Falcon41 said:

I think the P-47 -22 of 2nd LT.Lloyd Hathcock would be fine. 

It's done and up. Enjoy and don't spare the horses!! On page 13 with all the other D 22's.

Rap

• Upvote 1

Thanks Rap, great work, don't know how you stay up to all the requests, but the community appreciates your work.

Falcon

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Raptorattacker
15 hours ago, szelljr said:

or just me ?

Nope, I had it as well. I've only just noticed it and it's TOO much trouble to go back over ALL of them and put them right/re-upload them etc etc unless someone who's downloaded it specifically requests it (in which case of COURSE I'll do it :dash:). The other layer you need to copy/paste is from the Grime one in Weathering.

Rap

;)

I've PM'd ICDP and let him know.

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Upvote 3

Viktor33_33
On 7/24/2020 at 1:08 PM, Raptorattacker said:

Nope, I had it as well. I've only just noticed it and it's TOO much trouble to go back over ALL of them and put them right/re-upload them etc etc unless someone who's downloaded it specifically requests it (in which case of COURSE I'll do it :dash:). The other layer you need to copy/paste is from the Grime one in Weathering.

Rap

;)

I've PM'd ICDP and let him know.

Hi, Rap! Could you fix the skins P-47 D-22 "The Bug", "Wicked Wabbit" and "16245 VM-A bar";)

Raptorattacker
4 hours ago, Viktor33_33 said:

Could you fix the skins P-47 D-22 "The Bug", "Wicked Wabbit" and "16245 VM-A bar"

Seriously?

Raptorattacker

NOTE TO EVERYONE THAT HAS DOWNLOADED A D-22 SKIN. I AM RE-DOING ALL OF THEM SO THAT TINY TINY LITTLE DISCREPANCY THAT WAS SO TACTFULLY POINTED OUT IN HERE (THAT WAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ME) WILL BE RECTIFIED!! JUST SAYIN'...

I'll post them up as and when they're done so keep yer eyes peeled. I may be some time...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

Raptorattacker

THERE! DONE!! All D-22 skins updated and all with that TINY little thing fixed (that wasn't even my fault) so all you obsessives GO GET 'EM!!

... and don't anyone say I don't do anything for ya's!!!! 

@Viktor33_33:umnik2:

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

Wow, I think you should be awarded all the future expansion for free..............  yer the man for sure.............LMAO

Cheers bud

Hoss

• Haha 1

FurphyForum

You know Rap, Viktor33_33 beat me to the punch, but mine was going to be the tongue in cheek request..... Then Hoss got on the band wagon... then it just snowballed.... sry mate but I can't help not chuckle, coz I knew some-one was going to ask for it to be fixed... .:lol: ;)

BLAME SZELLJR :lol:

Edited by FurphyForum

Raptorattacker
3 hours ago, FurphyForum said:

BLAME SZELLJR 

I know, I know. It's a dirty job but someone's got to do it! It's a good job my heart is still beating (just!) because it's not a bad one!!

What I would like to know is how many people would've noticed it if Szelljir hadn't pointed it out? I'd done upward of 11 skins up to that point and I hadn't!!

:coffee:

• Haha 2

Viktor33_33
16 hours ago, Raptorattacker said:

THERE! DONE!! All D-22 skins updated and all with that TINY little thing fixed (that wasn't even my fault) so all you obsessives GO GET 'EM!!

... and don't anyone say I don't do anything for ya's!!!! 

@Viktor33_33:umnik2:

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

Raptorattacker
11 hours ago, FurphyForum said:

LOL...Not even the the master picked it up -(ICDP) 

He knows now because, like a good citizen, I PM'd him about it!

I'll have a look at those links and see what the problem is...

@Viktor33_33 @Swing @Hoss

ALL LINKS SHOULD NOW BE ACTIVE!!

Let me know if there's a problem, I'm sure you will!

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
Raptorattacker

Yakovlevs

Yakovlev Yak 1 series 69

'Yellow 44'

Sr. Lt. Lydia Vladimirovna Litvyak, known as the “White Lily of Stalingrad”

History’s first female fighter ace (the only other female ace is her countrywoman, Capt. Yekaterina Budanova), Litvyak was shot down and killed on her 66th combat mission on Aug. 1, 1943. Records differ wildly, but she had scored perhaps as many as 18 solo and shared air-to-air kills. By the time of her death she’d received the Order of Lenin and the Order of the Red Banner, her nation’s second- and third-highest decorations.

On May 5, 1990, Russian President Mikhail Gorbachev posthumously awarded Litvyak the Gold Star of the Hero of the Soviet Union, her nation’s highest decoration.

The skin can be downloaded HERE

Thanks to @ICDP for the template!

... and HERE'S Lydia's Yak in it's Winter Clothes!

Yakovlev Yak 1 series 69

White 1 'Death to Fascists'. Snr. Lt. Mikhail D Baranov (21.10.1921 – 17.01.1943).

Soviet ace fighter pilot and Hero of the Soviet Union. He was one of the best fighter pilots of World War II in his time. If not for his accidental death in 1943 he would have undoubtedly achieved the heights of Pokryshkin or Kozhedub.

pjsbtiV.jpg

KmT0wr2.jpg

The skin can be downloaded HERE

This was one of my first skins for Il-2 Great Battles so please be gentle!

Thanks to @ICDP for the template!

Yak 7B

This machine was captured, assessed and then displayed by Germany in September 1943

It is notable for having very little in the way of paint on the cowling.

and is thanks to @ICDP and his supreme Template arrangements!

Yak 9 series 1 '11 Blanc'

Flown by Aspirant Louis Querne of the famous Normandie-Niemen Squadron.

I can't find out much about the pilot apart from the fact that his plane was a notable one for having the American-style cartoon on the fuselage

and that he (the pilot) met his end whilst flying out of Tula on the Eastern Front in early 1944.

The template was arranged by @ICDP

Yak 9 series 1 '14 Blanc'

The red-nosed Yak 9 flown by Lt. Marcel Lefevre who was C/O of the 3rd 'Cherbourg' Squadron of the famous Normandie-Niemen Regiment on the Eastern Front. It has (unusually) a Cyrillic letter F on the tail, possibly for 'frantsuz' (Frenchman). Lefevre had totalled 1,300 flight hours and 128 war missions by the time he went on a reconnaissance mission at the head of 11 Yaks . His aircraft suffered damage, a fuel leak, and had to return to base. As he landed the aircraft where the "Normandie" was stationed, an huge flame burst out from under the belly of the plane and Lefevre, a human torch, scrambled out of the plane and rolled desperately on the ground, trying to extinguish the flames. He was immediately taken to the regimental infirmary, badly burned to the face, hands and thighs, but still maintained relatively good spirits. He was then evacuated to a Moscow hospital.

Marcel Lefevre died on June 5, 1944.

He was buried in Moscow during a moving and solemn ceremony and then, in 1953, his body was repatriated to his hometown of Les Andelys.

The day he died the Allies conducted the assault on the beaches of his beloved Normandy...

His awards for valour are as follows:

Knight of the Legion of Honour

Companion of the Liberation - decree of April 11, 1944

Croix de Guerre 39/45 (9 citations)

Hero of the Soviet Union with Order of Lenin (USSR, June 4, 1945)

Order of Lenin (USSR, June 4, 1945)

Order of the Red Flag (USSR)

Second Class Order of Patriotic War (USSR)

Victory Medal

297817593_MarcelLefevre.jpg.603224161df99285fe12015a40f57b1f.jpg

Lefevre.JPG.bef91bb38b753b3849512a0c3292d2fb.JPG

Thanks @ICDP, as usual!

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 5

Raptorattacker

Made SOME time ago when I was frrrresh-faced to this fine game!

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

LeLv30_Redwing

This should be the only song allowed to be used with IL-2 videos...thanks Rap, enjoyed a lot again!

• Like 1

Raptorattacker
13 hours ago, LeLv30_Redwing said:

This should be the only song allowed to be used with IL-2 videos...

I have to agree mate! 

;)

• 2 weeks later...

Your skins are really mazing, Raptor. I was wondering if you would mind a personal favour. It's a little old now, but I have not seen a P-40 mocked up as a French P-36 with that Green-Gray-Light Blue camop and the light French roundels. As we have with BoBp a portion of the May 1940 campaign area, I am trying to make some missions with RAF and Adl'A '1940' (actually 1941 aircraft) trying to stop Von Kleist between Brussels and Namur.

if you could mock up a P-40 as a P-36 that would be wonderful.

Kampfgruppe 1/144: 1/144 Curtis P-36A/C, H-75, Mohawk III - by Mark I