-[HRAF]BubiHUN

KNIGHTS OF THE AIR Multiplayer Server

When, might I ask, will the full map rotation be reimplamented? Not that I'm not enjoying the new planes and such, but it would be nice to have the rest back too. Variety and the spice of life and all that.

• Upvote 5

On 10/16/2019 at 7:04 PM, LLv24_Zami said:

I think alternate is even more popular than polls show because all experten are here on forums but many of the casual players don`t even visit here ever.

I find it suspicious that the poll has many more votes than players active on the server on any given day.

@YIPPEE you are so spot on mate. 

Quick question for server admins: Is tacview enabled for this server?  IIRC, devs have disallowed running both programs at the same time, so the cheating issue is gone.  Would love to debrief my missions....

Hi, when will you be running the Rhineland map on your server please?

Edited by Valkyrie77

Hi, Everybody!
Our brand new mission, named Operation Bodenplatte is ready and live. We made it as realistic as possible, with balance kept in mind. It's our heaviest, and largest scale mission on KOTA. 
Of course, it's on the summer Rheinland map, but as soon as the winter version will be out, Operation Bodenplatte will receive it. 

Our early war missions are back in the rotation too, followed by 2 late - war missions. You can find our current map rotation on our discord.

Thanks to those people who helps us in any way.

Also would like to say big thanks to our supporters!

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 5/22/2019 at 8:16 AM, LUZITANO said:

Keep this alive ;) 

Guys now we have finally the B25 as AI and P38...they could fit in the  scenario Italy 1943 (Kuban map to simulate invasion of Sicily)..

Hun do you have any plans to implement this idea?

C9Pr9s2XcAAgtrA.jpg

On 5/26/2019 at 1:00 AM, LUZITANO said:

The Kuban1943 maps are monumental. Good job Herr BubiHUN. One of the best online maps that exist

I would like to propose two suggestions for the future. I want to know what you guys think

I believe it's a win / win situation

Many years ago I played a map only with the P-47, P-38 (models of 1943) and the B-17. "The enemies" ... 190A-5 and 109G-6. The P-47 was the razorback model. This is a very difficult mission for the allies, but it values two very popular underdogs, the P-38 and the P-47
I think the P-47/38 pilots will like it and the Luftwaffe pilots will like it even more. Just these planes as fighters and some bombers. It would be good to wait for the P-38 and the launch of the Bodenplatte map

The other suggestion is not mine, it's Rani's idea

It's the same suggestion, without the Spitfire IX.  The Spitfire V is enough fighting at low altitude and can help the P-38/47 in dogfight. This map in Italy without Spit IX would be very good. I know that Spitfire VIII / IX fought in Italy, but this IXe version only came very late
A map with the name "Italy" would automatically be popular mainly with the induction of the P-38

Edited by ITAF_Rani
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ITAF_Rani said:

Guys now we have finally the B25 as AI and P38...they could fit in the  scenario Italy 1943 (Kuban map to simulate invasion of Sicily)..

The Husky mission has gone out of rotation to receive adjustments. Just for a few days 

So what visibility settings are now?

I've joined tonight flying in VR rift S, couldn't spot plane past few km (2-4km).

Also invisible planes occur or cheaters, saw a plane hitting airfield, dived on him and he dissapear in front of me....twice!

Didn't flew for a while but spotting is much worse than it used to be before patch, or maybe that new map terrain masks planes well.

Hurricane Mk.IIb opens up many possibilities ... and at least two major ones that can be implemented using a "vacant" area of the available standard maps. I thought about this suggestion and want to share with you guys

OPEN SEA - November 1942

Brief.
The Soviet Baltic Sea Air Force (KBF) is receiving new equipment and the presence of red fighters has increased in the region. The Finns have an observation point that can detect Soviet fighters taking off from Kronstadt.  Reds and Blues must destroy ground targets and ships before winter comes

Plane Set 
109 F-2           Hurricane IIb
109 E-7           I-16
MC. 202          LaGG-3
110 E-2           Mig-3
Ju 87 D           IL-2 (42)
Ju 88 A           IL-2 (41)
He 111 H-6    Pe-2 (41)
Ju 52/3m       PO-2

Map - It can be made on the map of Kuban (autumn) in the southeastern part that is not explored in the regular battle of Kuban. The mountainous part to the southwest end
Hope you like it 🍵

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, LUZITANO said:

Hurricane Mk.IIb opens up many possibilities ... and at least two major ones that can be implemented using a "vacant" area of the available standard maps. I thought about this suggestion and want to share with you guys

OPEN SEA - November 1942

Brief.
The Soviet Baltic Sea Air Force (KBF) is receiving new equipment and the presence of red fighters has increased in the region. The Finns have an observation point that can detect Soviet fighters taking off from Kronstadt.  Reds and Blues must destroy ground targets and ships before winter comes

Plane Set 
109 F-2           Hurricane IIb
109 E-7           I-16
MC. 202          LaGG-3
110 E-2           Mig-3
Ju 87 D           IL-2 (42)
Ju 88 A           IL-2 (41)
He 111 H-6    Pe-2 (41)
Ju 52/3m       PO-2

Map - It can be made on the map of Kuban (autumn) in the southeastern part that is not explored in the regular battle of Kuban. The mountainous part to the southwest end
Hope you like it 🍵

November 42 means 109 F-4 and maybe even 109 G-2 for Blues.

And a P-40 for Red team.

4 minutes ago, Ropalcz said:

November 42 means 109 F-4 and maybe even 109 G-2 for Blues.

And a P-40 for Red team.

Of course. In the theater yes, in this mission no

I'm getting malware warning from my router that your il2 stats page is malware.

malware.thumb.jpg.cc183364fea7ea7cad312869d6844c8d.jpg

Edited by 71st_AH_Mastiff

7 hours ago, 71st_AH_Mastiff said:

I'm getting malware warning from my router that your il2 stats page is malware.

malware.thumb.jpg.cc183364fea7ea7cad312869d6844c8d.jpg

Such crapware us known to produce many false positives. Especially since delisting false positives is a very obscure undertaking. Other vendors of such fare no better. This is especially bad as nobody cares about whitelisting. Over years.

Here, just for fun an example of 42.zip, and how AV vendors treat it illustrated by virustotal. Funny when the crapware by itself tries to decompress something that you know is an archive bomb to scan the content for viruses on its own. Remember 42.zip is 19 years old by now. But why should those vendors miss the opportunity to silence one of it most vocal critics?

Update your browser if you want to be safe. And block all the stuff you don‘t want to load from pages in the first place. If you on the other hand choose to believe in fairy tales in this evil world, nothing will save you. And you will not see the stats page.

EDIT: Virustotal reports the site 100% clean with few abstentions. Trend Micro is not partof the detection engines listed but it seems to be pretty alone in its assessment.

Edited by ZachariasX

8 hours ago, Valkyrie77 said:

I’m getting this too very worrying 

Check your link on virustotal.com before you draw any conclusions.

[_FLAPS_]RogoRogo, yesterday you called me a vulcher and a liar etc:

Spoiler

kota_vulch.jpg

Let's look at this "vulch":

Spoiler

As you can see on the record, I attacked you at an altitude of 1000 m, 9 km from the AF 😛

Ok vulc so vulch 😂

Here is link of sortie your teammate:

http://kotastat.com/ru/sortie/log/189786/?tour=10

Spoiler

diggun.jpg.84b93c5a2fb39287847a728b92363302.jpg

Did you takeoff almost 3 minutes? 🙄

P.S. By the way, the vulch is not prohibited by the rules 😉

Have a nice day 🧐

• Upvote 1

Last night was odd. Around 22:00 CET. One guy in Tempest shot down my teammate Klingon (also flying Tempest). The explanation was "I was uncertain if its enemy or friendly". After that he got shot by someone in a P51. Its ridiculous and server admins shoud do something about it. Tempest has one of the most recognizable shapes so its easy to ID. And you never shoot if your not sure its an enemy, just like in RL.

Edited by =VARP=Tvrdi

Its ridiculous and server admins shoud do something about it.

He explained it was a mistake, you can't do anything against blue on blue incidents, what would be right? Ban one player then your team will be -1 etc.? Yes not all guys fly with 100+ hours yes sometimes its happens. But I please be understanding against new players.

Regards,
Arrow

20 minutes ago, -[HRAF]Arrow19 said:

He explained it was a mistake, you can't do anything against blue on blue incidents, what would be right? Ban one player then your team will be -1 etc.? Yes not all guys fly with 100+ hours yes sometimes its happens. But I please be understanding against new players.

Regards,
Arrow

It was a member of well known squad. Not a novice at all. At least in first of the two cases described here. Ill send a PM to you (dont want to shame anybody here) cause Im kinda fed up with such ppl.

Edited by =VARP=Tvrdi

On 10/28/2019 at 11:29 AM, WG_Muskat said:

[_FLAPS_]RogoRogo, yesterday you called me a vulcher and a liar etc:

Reveal hidden contents

kota_vulch.jpg

Let's look at this "vulch":

Reveal hidden contents

As you can see on the record, I attacked you at an altitude of 1000 m, 9 km from the AF 😛

Ok vulc so vulch 😂

Here is link of sortie your teammate:

http://kotastat.com/ru/sortie/log/189786/?tour=10

Reveal hidden contents

diggun.jpg.84b93c5a2fb39287847a728b92363302.jpg

Did you takeoff almost 3 minutes? 🙄

P.S. By the way, the vulch is not prohibited by the rules 😉

Have a nice day 🧐

So you are hanging around on enemy airfields and camp them. Yes it is so much better than killing people on the runway :) 

The only person that can top that is our dear loved Rammjäger who is doing more or less nothing else than the "real" vulching. You may want some training from him.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, =VARP=Tvrdi said:

Last night was odd. Around 22:00 CET. One guy in Tempest shot down my teammate Klingon (also flying Tempest). The explanation was "I was uncertain if its enemy or friendly". After that he got shot by someone in a P51. Its ridiculous and server admins shoud do something about it. Tempest has one of the most recognizable shapes so its easy to ID. And you never shoot if your not sure its an enemy, just like in RL.

Tempest looks like a 190

On 8/19/2018 at 8:16 PM, JG4_Knipser said:

Really looking forward to a new, potentially good, server. Why so late today? Just do it now! 🤩 🤗 🤣

No, it doesnt. And he was shot up from 200m.

avfw190_4.png

avcfury_05.png

Edited by =VARP=Tvrdi

1 minute ago, =VARP=Tvrdi said:

No it doesnt. And he was shot up from 200m.

Yeah, the 190 is a pretty distinct shape. Tempest wing shape reminds me of the P-47. I find 190s are the easiest fighter in-game to ID if you can see the profile at all. 

Mixing up a P-51 and a 109 - its happened to me in a dogfight with a poor rear quarter view, it was still incredibly dumb on my part, but its kind of understandable with the wing shapes.

Mixing up a 190 and a Tempest? Tempest is huge, has semi-elliptical wings and is inline engine. 190 is tiny, has squarish stubby wings, a stub nose radial (or a long nose radial). The only one that looks weird to me is the D9, but it still screams "axis" to me. 

I dont understand how people mix aircraft up either.

Atleast not to the point of Friendly fire occuring.

If you are not 100% sure about what you are shooting at (atleast to the point of being sure if its German or not)

then you dont shoot but instead fly closer or try to get a different angle such as approaching form behind / below

since that way you will be able to close the range and get a better look at this wings / engine etc without him seeing you.

Since sure its normal to misidentify something for a second or two forcing you to double take before you have the correct ID.

But there is not excuse for people who sneak up on (Slowly approach) and open fire on a friendly.

And if somebody has difficulty Identifying  aircraft they should simply do some styding on their

silhouette etc.

Im just amazed that this is still a thing and also the excuses people make.

The other day (on WoL) i had a friendly Yak approach from behind,

i become worried he might attack me so i flash my lights and when he keeps approaching i turn hard and we do a full 360 degree turn.

Only for him to continue after me and open fire...

His excuse was that he thought i was a 190... I was flying a Yak 7b...

People are just way to trigger happy...

• Like 1

Why is there so few servers and why is there so few servers playing Rhineland?? Thanks. 

12 minutes ago, Valkyrie77 said:

Why is there so few servers and why is there so few servers playing Rhineland?? Thanks. 

Because each server has to be designed and built and hosted by an ordinary player like you and me, except they are more generous with their time and money than us.   They also have to be willing to put up with the abuse they get for daring to to give us something wonderful for free without just saying 'Well F### you buddy. I will shut it down then.'  (as I would 🙂 )

As for why they are not all hosting Bodenplatte,  BoBP is just one game out of four that make up Great Battles plus it needs a more powerful PC to play it and each player must own BoBp to fly the best aircraft.  If all the servers switch to only having BoBP then that is a large part of the player base that might not be able to fly online until they get a better PC and buy Bodenplatte.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

On 10/31/2019 at 12:16 PM, 6FG_Big_Al said:

So you are hanging around on enemy airfields and camp them. Yes it is so much better than killing people on the runway :) 

The only person that can top that is our dear loved Rammjäger who is doing more or less nothing else than the "real" vulching. You may want some training from him.

This is all demagogy.

Answer 2 simple questions:
1. At the time of the attack, were they in the process of taking off?
2. Did I vulch them?

12 minutes ago, WG_Muskat said:

This is all demagogy.

Answer 2 simple questions:
1. At the time of the attack, were they in the process of taking off?
2. Did I vulch them?

Let's get a little bit more serious. The answers to your questions are already in the above text.  And as written above, you are not really better than people like Rammjäger. It doesn't make it any better to fly in an area (like 2-3 minutes flight time  away) from the opponent's airfield to dive down on enemies that are climbing.  Your reasons for it don't interest me and don't concern me either.  
Playfully it is just sad, but if you think that this is the best way to play the game, there is no way to help you.  I know that there are some others aswell on Kota who don't value fairness or fair sportsmanship. A thing I don't like about Kota since a long time. In the end this is not my problem because there are other servers to play on.

Hello Everybody! 
Our mission called, Operation Husky, has been updated.
The following changes have been made:
- Removed Spit IX from the planeset
- Added two more targets per side
- Added P-38 to the Allied planeset

This mission will be back in the rotation in a few days. 

See you around

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, 6FG_Big_Al said:

Let's get a little bit more serious. The answers to your questions are already in the above text.  And as written above, you are not really better than people like Rammjäger. It doesn't make it any better to fly in an area (like 2-3 minutes flight time  away) from the opponent's airfield to dive down on enemies that are climbing.  Your reasons for it don't interest me and don't concern me either.  
Playfully it is just sad, but if you think that this is the best way to play the game, there is no way to help you.  I know that there are some others aswell on Kota who don't value fairness or fair sportsmanship. A thing I don't like about Kota since a long time. In the end this is not my problem because there are other servers to play on.

I did not see the answers to my questions.
I see sophistry and a substitution of concepts.
Maybe you are a lawyer and know how to deftly evade answers?)
We are not talking about my morality, we are talking about the baseless accusations of RogoRogo against me.
Now by your last message.
It turns out KOTA is a collection of gentlemen and aero-athletes?))
Hmmm, and I thought it was a war in which the main task is to win the team.
But in war as in war ...
Vulch, by the way, is one of the tactics of fighting an adversary. To protect against it there is a reliable flaks cover and ... the pilot's eyes.
Or maybe I should wait until the enemy planes gain altitude (tell me which one?). Or will they drop bombs on the target and be ready to defend themselves? Or maybe I need to warn them in the chat "attention, I'm at your 6"?))
I recommend that you invite the server administration to expand the list of rules that will protect blind and careless pilots from enemy attacks.
Maybe you should play Tetris or Mario, at worst)))
P.S. By the way, I hope the boom-zoom is not one of the non-gentlemanly ways of waging war?))

BOBP is Vulch I gess...
This one I reached at cloud level

Edited by LUZITANO
  • Like 2

At least you let him get off the ground. Many of the 262 jocks will shoot up planes on the ground. Because of skill or something I guess.

36 minutes ago, /SF/Disarray said:

At least you let him get off the ground. Many of the 262 jocks will shoot up planes on the ground. Because of skill or something I guess.

that one was trying to landing... hehe

Hello Everybody!
Paying attention for the responses from the community, we decied to bring back our old rule: The parking and taxiing player-controlled planes are not valid targets. So shooting/bombing planes on the ground at the spawn airfields are forbidden! 
We brought back this old rule, because the sitation is changed since the last two updates. It's became common that high-speed planes regularly shooting parking/taxiing planes, also doing it during take-off. This behavior is destroying the gaming entertainment . 
This is the reason the above mentioned rule amandement. Take it seriously, this is a war-game, not real war. 
Also we removed 262s, except Operation Bodenplatte mission. 

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

@-[HRAF]BubiHUN

@9./JG54_GERMANWOLF has recently stated that he’ll happily teamkill anyone who happens to be between him and and enemy aircraft. Would it be possible to ban him from the server for this?

364E2342-9387-4C01-A9C0-425304B59EA6.thumb.jpeg.a9fa27190e5fd27a531917b1904b0d66.jpeg

People are people. Some of them simply try to piss everyone off on a daily basis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1