-[HRAF]BubiHUN

KNIGHTS OF THE AIR Multiplayer Server

Stalingrad Pocket, dez. 1942

It would be a great mission for Ju-52 pilots to carry cargo to the two Stalingrad Pocket airfields

Set of aircrafts
BOS + BOW + Hs-128B + Yak-1B, Yak-9, Yak-7B, A-20 and PO-2
- 190s (Fws only in Velikie Luki near Moscow)

Spoiler

Ax00332.jpg

I don't care why they ignore the suggestions, I'll keep posting ... I think I'm running out of space in the forum for image files...

Anyway KOTA has some tank missions, particularly I love them. And we have a map of TC.CAP that was not explored by KOTA, but this is Kursk which is the second most important battle in the East after Stalingrad 

So I thought of a 90% historic mission, with tanks and including the plane under development, the Yak-9T. I didn't think so much about the goals, I just made this skeleton, this mission base. It doesn't include targets, but ... it would be wonderful to have only artillery and tanks as targets for airplanes. A battle focused on the deck, in the tank fight

Achtung Prokhorovka!

Prok.thumb.jpeg.81ee164643755975a4911637fa9375d0.jpeg

I hope you enjoy it

@LUZITANO I'm not ignoring you, simply didn't had the time to answer. 
The stuff you posted is really serious stuff, I saved the information you provided. We will discuss them, and when we decided what we should do, when and how, we will make a post. 

• Upvote 1

Hello Everybody! TAW is coming back, so we will run only late-war misions until it ends.

See you around

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN
  • Like 3

Why didnt you display the "current mission" on your webside, like other Server?

4 minutes ago, Valkyrie77 said:

Hi all is this server running alternative mode or expert? 

expert all the time

5 minutes ago, LUZITANO said:

expert all the time

Ah ok, this is probably the reason the server is so unpopular right now. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

50 minutes ago, Valkyrie77 said:

Ah ok, this is probably the reason the server is so unpopular right now. 

Yeah, that‘s why cb is popular AND running the exact same setting. Valid reason my guy

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Please take part in the poll, let's do it constructively and better for everyone 

Hello Evrybody!
The RRR feature is implemented to our missions again on KOTA! All the spawn airfields have a spot called "Maintenance Area", where you can rearm, refuel, repair, and you can taxi back to the runway from that spot. 

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Hello Evrybody!
The RRR feature is implemented to our missions again on KOTA! All the spawn airfields have a spot called "Maintenance Area", where you can rearm, refuel, repair, and you can taxi back to the runway from that spot. 

Great, I love this option...

Anyway I have some questions like:

Is not faster to get out and respawn?

Is not dangerous wait on the airfield, maybe 3/4 airplane close to each others?!

And finally: if I just did a good mission and after the refueling I'm shoot down, I will lost my points?

I don't know if is possible, but could be a good idea to add more points to pilots that use RRR 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ITAF_Airone1989 said:

Is not faster to get out and respawn?

No, I will restart the server in a few minutes and the respawn time will be extended within reason.

1 hour ago, ITAF_Airone1989 said:

Is not dangerous wait on the airfield, maybe 3/4 airplane close to each others?!

Spawning next to each other is dangerous too. Let's see ow it goes, and we will discuss the possibilites later on. 
Don't forget to write down your opinion here! 

2 hours ago, ITAF_Airone1989 said:

if I just did a good mission and after the refueling I'm shoot down, I will lost my points?

RRR is new, we dont know how the statistic system will react to it.

Oh this is good stuff. Is there a special procedure or keys we need to have it done Bubi?

4 hours ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Hello Evrybody!

Also, extended the mission time back to 3 hours, the respawn time to almost about 3 minutes, the AFK time to 14 minutes, so if you want to rearm bombs, wich takes more time, should be okay too. 

12 minutes ago, ATAG_dB said:

Oh this is good stuff. Is there a special procedure or keys we need to have it done Bubi?

Yes,
Right Alt + A  - for rearming
Right Alt + F  - for refueling
Repairing is automatic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The 109F-2, MC.202 and Mig-3 with no 20mm option. And the LaGG-3 with standard weaponry only

On 10/25/2019 at 10:10 AM, LUZITANO said:

Hurricane Mk.IIb opens up many possibilities ... and at least two major ones that can be implemented using a "vacant" area of the available standard maps. I thought about this suggestion and want to share with you guys

OPEN SEA - November 1942

Brief.
The Soviet Baltic Sea Air Force (KBF) is receiving new equipment and the presence of red fighters has increased in the region. The Finns have an observation point that can detect Soviet fighters taking off from Kronstadt.  Reds and Blues must destroy ground targets and ships before winter comes

Plane Set 
109 F-2           Hurricane IIb
109 E-7           I-16
MC. 202          LaGG-3
110 E-2           Mig-3
Ju 87 D           IL-2 (42)
Ju 88 A           IL-2 (41)
He 111 H-6    Pe-2 (41)
Ju 52/3m       PO-2

Map - It can be made on the map of Kuban (autumn) in the southeastern part that is not explored in the regular battle of Kuban. The mountainous part to the southwest end
Hope you like it 🍵

Edited by LUZITANO

On 11/14/2019 at 2:31 PM, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Also, extended the mission time back to 3 hours, the respawn time to almost about 3 minutes, the AFK time to 14 minutes, so if you want to rearm bombs, wich takes more time, should be okay too. 

Yes,
Right Alt + A  - for rearming
Right Alt + F  - for refueling
Repairing is automatic.

No wroks for me, but sure that i do something wrong:

I go to maintenance area (i green and chat said me tha im in this zone and stop engine)

stop engine

restart engine

left alt+a

left alt+f

and nothing

Can you said the steps one to one??

Thanks

12 minutes ago, ATAG_dB said:

I can't find the maintenance area.

Yeah I'm already on it to indicate it in a much better way. 
Be patient please 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Yeah I'm already on it to indicate it in a much better way. 
Be patient please 

No worries man ;)  

I was talking with some people about ways to mark that maintenance area and an idea occurred to us that may work well, provided it is possible. Can a source of colored smoke be placed, like red or blue smoke, in the center of the zone? That would make it very hard to miss. I just don't know if there is such a thing in the game that can be placed like the white smoke you are using to mark the spawn fields already.

13 minutes ago, /SF/Disarray said:

I was talking with some people about ways to mark that maintenance area and an idea occurred to us that may work well, provided it is possible. Can a source of colored smoke be placed, like red or blue smoke, in the center of the zone? That would make it very hard to miss. I just don't know if there is such a thing in the game that can be placed like the white smoke you are using to mark the spawn fields already.

Working on it, and it will be easily to find :) 

As always in my videos ... a lot of lag and a lot of violence
Starring me and HRAF boys flying Tempest
and ... 72AG the luftwaffe huge sqd involved

On 11/21/2019 at 1:58 PM, III./JG50_Hans-Assi said:

What is the password? Pleas:-)

We are testing new stuff, be patient please :) 

1 hour ago, LUZITANO said:

As always in my videos ... a lot of lag and a lot of violence
Starring me and HRAF boys flying Tempest
and ... 72AG the luftwaffe huge sqd involved

Nice video there!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

We are testing new stuff, be patient please :) 

Nice video there!

On Flamand Summer. Following the video....

"It was very hard. Flying in formations of 12 or 24 aircraft, the Tempest faced the Focke Wulf, even at their airfields. Sections of four sets made shallow flights to Berlin several times a day, leaving the congested railroads of potholed locomotives en route. On the way back fighting against the Luftwaffe a merciless ambush war. Tempest pairs were kept on immediate alert, cockpit pilots with their fingers in the ignition, ready to take off as soon as a Me-262 crossed our lines. "
(Pierre Clostermann)

• Upvote 1

Hello Everybody!

We were quite silent in the last days, we were testing a lot of things on the server, added new features, fixed some problems. Sorry for the delay, we are busy these days.
First of all, we implemented the RRR again to our missions, but not just for the spawn airfields, but for the target airfields as well. From now on, these target airfields are strategical targets, wich could be used to rearm, refuel, and repair too, so if you have a damaged aircraft, and if you land on these airfields, taxi to the maintenace areas wich are indicated by green smoke - even on the spawn airfields these areas are indicated the same way. 
To use the RRR feature, you need to taxi to the maintenace area, turn off the engine by pressing E(default), wait until the whole procedure ends, then the repairing will start automatically. 
You can rearm/refuel also, but only after the procedure ended. 
To rearm, press Right Alt + A(default), and by pressing the same keys you can cancel the rearming procedure, but you wont have full ammunition - or bombload - that way. If you cancel it, you need to press Left Alt + R(default) to reload the guns. 
To refuel, press Right Alt + F(default) to start the refueling procedure. You can cancel this too, by pressing the same keys. 
Keep in mind, when refueling, if you for example had 80% fuel when spawned, you can still have a fully loaded fuel tank when refueling.

Also, we implemented Ai bomber formations on Battle for Red October, Battle for Novorossysk Kuban Bridgehead, and Operation Bodenplatte missions. They can destroy their targets if they are not intercepted.

Another big change we brought back is the "realistic as possible but balance kept in mind" modification locked feature. For example, Bf 110s wont be able to carry 1000 kg bombs, LaGG-3 cant carry the 23mm cannon, and on the late war maps, the DC engine for the '109 K-4s are quite limited. 
We added some checkzones to our missions, wich will spot and warn both teams about aircraft positions when flying around cities and towns , behind the frontlines, but not their side. You need to be really careful! 

There is another important thing. At the target airfields, when you are on the ground, you are still a target. Our vulch-preventing rule is only about spawn airfields. If these target airfields are destroyed(the icon disappeared from the map) RRR wont be possible. 

Our fantasy missions are out of our map rotation, so we are running only realistic, or almost - realistic missions. 
We have a lot of ideas to build up realistic missions, so more on the way!

Server is updated, and public again!

See you around

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, LUZITANO said:

Great mission. Good team work. @ROCKET_KNUT where are you my dear mission winner?

Hi @LUZITANO! Right now I´m reanimating my credit card... 😂

Once done I´ll probably have to argue with Vassili again before I can return to GIMP. 😉

I´ll be flying online again soon. Looking forward to your fighter cover. 🍻

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, III./JG50_Hans-Assi said:

After rearmament (full ammunition) weapons do not fire. What am I doing wrong? Bombs and fuel work without problems

You need to press the buttons to reload all guns after getting some ammo. Think of it as chambering a round into the gun

2 minutes ago, III./JG50_Hans-Assi said:

Thanks, but what button? I couldn't find anything in the settings ...

"Weapons controls" - binding for "Reload all guns"

Default binding is "LAlt+R"

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On December 6th, starting at UTC 1900 (7 pm GMT, 8 pm CET, 2 pm EST) HRAF welcomes you to fly on the KOTA server!
Come and experience "Operation Bodenplatte" with us in our historical map mission.
AI formations are present for both sides.
We would like to encourage teamwork with a focus on the historical mission - attackers need cover, CAP and counter-CAP!
Come back to the airfield(even some target airfields) to rearm, reapir and refuel!
Then turn around and take off into the raging battle of Operation Bodenplatte again!
Join us on KOTA discord, pick the side you fancy and fly with the fellow pilots in the team!

See you on December 6th!

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for the performance-friendly Rheinland map! 😊👍

• Upvote 1

Thank you again to all of you participating in our December 6 "Operation Bodenplatte" flyout.

It was really epic! Special thanks to blue team members for playing the mission historically - you never ceased to attack the airfields and worked together! Special thanks to red team members for doing the same - you scrambled for defensive CAP, when you went on the attack you did it as a team! The AI plane formations and the Rearm&Repair seemed to work very well - we hope to see even more extensive use of it in the future (and we assume that the sortie points award while doing RRR will be in some patch in the future).

So we hope to see you again soon on the KOTA server!

• Upvote 1