Jump to content
BRADYS555

Po-2 ... ?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Finkeren said:

 

Why not just call them the Tank Crew?

 

Just as long as it isn't you know who.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Looks great! I'm seeing a difference in the engine in one of the shots. Does this signify an engine variant or some sort of other mod?

Well, the M-11 was available in a Low and High Compression Version, (either 100 or 110hp, and 150 or 160hp). But there should be no outside difference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kukurznik looks awesome :clapping:I would very much like I-153 Tchaika - and i will very happy :dance:

 

...on German side will be great Storch or Fw-189 Uhu. If will those planes i wil totally excited :drink2:

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday's e-mail. They  say it's coming along nicely. (being developed by our external development partner Yugra Media. )

po2b_thumb.jpg

po2a_thumb.jpg

po2c_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hauksbee
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

In the newsletter we just sent out.

Jason

 

 

What newsletter? I am lost about that.

 

Is Sita, the one from the Il2 1946?

Edited by PA_Spartan-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The newsletter is received in your email adress

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, I./JG1_Baron said:

Kukurznik looks awesome :clapping:I would very much like I-153 Tchaika - and i will very happy :dance:

 

...on German side will be great Storch or Fw-189 Uhu. If will those planes i wil totally excited :drink2:

 

 

 

This!

... and this, and this again ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A beautiful aircraft, clearly a labor of love.

 

Transporting important people around would be a ton of fun and provide something Ju-52-esque to do for the VVS side.  Rather than a zone to drop paratroopers in, you could have a zone to land in and insert someone into an enemy held area.  Very cool.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, I./JG1_Baron said:

...on German side will be great Storch or Fw-189 Uhu. If will those planes i wil totally excited :drink2:

I don't know about the Storch, it just seem unlikely to me. Except, of course, some proficient community enthusiasts interested in doing one show up.

The Fw 189 I think is much more likely and very cool indeed. It definitely wasn't easy prey to Soviet pilots.

 

If I had to choose (and wouldn't want the Asiatic-Pacific-Theatre first :rolleyes:), the IAR-39(A) would be my pick for the Eastern Front. It's about time for some non-German Axis aircraft and it's much closer to the U-2 if that's of concern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last time I mentioned the Fw-189 aircraft (last year I think) Han mentioned it was possible.

Edited by Trooper117

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AeroAce said:

Fw 189 would be much more interesting than the Storch IMO.

 

Obviously. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Hauksbee said:

Yesterday's e-mail. They  say it's coming along nicely. (being developed by our external development partner Yugra Media. )

 

 

 

I like what I see. :)

The Po-2 is coming along nicely.

 

Out of curiosity I wanted to know what kind of company Yugra Media actually is and what else they are doing.

Besides Yugra Media created the city of Moscow on the Moscow map I can not find so much info about them on the net.

Just some general information: http://www.tp86.ru/en/residents/it_tekhnologii/residents/875/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Finkeren said:

 

Obviously. 

 

I like the Storch.

Like the Po-2, still has a foot in WWI.

Still a ‘kite’ so to speak - I like that.

 

That said the FW would be loads of fun too.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are all excited about Po-2. But that is before we notice  Bf-109 behind our tail. And then we sincerely wish it was night..:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@sdflyer I am even more excited if I have got a 109 in my tail. Sounds more easy than having a IL2 on my Ju52 tail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW, looks awesome and to all intents and purposes done.:drinks:

 

Guess we are waiting for the team to do their stuff with the FM and such and then we get to play.:cool::music:

 

Any news on Pre-order or will it just go straight into the store ?

 

 

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1./TG1_Nil said:

@sdflyer I am even more excited if I have got a 109 in my tail. Sounds more easy than having a IL2 on my Ju52 tail.

The 109 is heavy metal, way too fast and not represented at altitudes the Po-2 operates in.

 

A Fokker D.VII is what you should fear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jason_Williams, is the 3rd-party team creating only the 3d model, or are they also creating the audio samples, cockpit animations, etc.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Po-2 looks great and beyond everything else it will be a good preparation for the Flying Circus.

I can't wait to fly a biplane in VR.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

A beautiful aircraft, clearly a labor of love.

 

Transporting important people around would be a ton of fun and provide something Ju-52-esque to do for the VVS side.  Rather than a zone to drop paratroopers in, you could have a zone to land in and insert someone into an enemy held area.  Very cool.

I'm increasingly more interested in such scenarios... I find transport aircraft and practically all aircraft with alternative purpose very interesting to fly... however, for them to truly shine, we need a good missions too...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be nice if with Po-2 we will recive the new kind missions like reconnaissance or artillery spotting, something like it was in RoF with recon planes.

 

+1 for Storch also.

 

Example from RoF:

 

Rise_of_Flight_2012_19.jpg

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, YoYo said:

It will be nice if with Po-2 we will recive the new kind missions like reconnaissance or artillery spotting, something like it was in RoF with recon planes.

 

+1 for Storch also.

 

Example from RoF:

 

Rise_of_Flight_2012_19.jpg

 

IMHO this new plane without the implementation of these kinds of new missions is ..... a waste of big improvement and missing a chance to get a quality step forward.

Edited by PA_Spartan-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, PA_Spartan- said:

 

IMHO this new plane without the implementation of these kinds of new missions is ..... a waste of big improvement and missing a chance to get a quality step forward.

 

I completely understand what you mean. 

 

I really wish the devs would stop all new development for a couple of weeks to concentrate on streamlining all the little stuff. It would make the difference between a great game and an excellent game.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PA_Spartan- said:

 

IMHO this new plane without the implementation of these kinds of new missions is ..... a waste of big improvement and missing a chance to get a quality step forward.

 

Jason specifically mentioned artillery spotting when he talked about this plane previously. I'm pretty sure they will bring this feature back.

 

2 hours ago, AeroAce said:

 

I completely understand what you mean. 

 

I really wish the devs would stop all new development for a couple of weeks to concentrate on streamlining all the little stuff. It would make the difference between a great game and an excellent game.

 

Software development doesn't work that way.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2018 at 3:35 PM, LukeFF said:

@Jason_Williams, is the 3rd-party team creating only the 3d model, or are they also creating the audio samples, cockpit animations, etc.?

 

3D model and animations. We do FM and sound.

 

Jason

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, after Polikarpov Po-2 .... Lisunov 2 ? :)

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@YoYo Yes normally if everything goes well, the Lusinov 2 will be most welcome! 

Finally we can do transport mission for both sides! 

I just hope Yugra Media will take care of the Li2 as soon as they finish with the 3d model and animation of the U2/Po2

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is the hope (Lisunov-2 next)

 

I agree with the various people who think the Fw-189 would be neat (and equal or possibly better than the Storch). Having two MG-81 defensive guns with a wide field of fire, having forward firing guns, and having bombs are nice features. The big wing-area would also be a very different experience (based on flying it in Il-2 using mods).

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 1./TG1_Nil said:

@YoYo Yes normally if everything goes well, the Lusinov 2 will be most welcome! 

Finally we can do transport mission for both sides! 

I just hope Yugra Media will take care of the Li2 as soon as they finish with the 3d model and animation of the U2/Po2

 

Kuban sounds like it had some interesting paratrooper ops by the Soviets, so that would be a cool element in career too. 

Edited by thenorm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2018 at 11:43 PM, Jason_Williams said:

In the newsletter we just sent out.

 

291121673_0C5F6DAE02AF70DD5A1EE3AD498FF0EABD356027990FAFFBA0pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.thumb.jpg.ee76cc5d22d59548b30dfd002ebb2ac3.jpg

 

1671328762_230B2744211D37E8569682A1218F0F129262BC316B624EF6CEpimgpsh_fullsize_distr.thumb.jpg.dd3508a8dbd0c0256309a24c6e19cbfe.jpg

 

1993886276_DBAF754A591567F49C078234E9D40DD8C0B9AF6D668CAC55C6pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.thumb.jpg.796b5e18994b098f1b790afe64abba22.jpg

 

Jason

Newsletter? How do I subscribe to that please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you bought the game you were subscribed. You really don't know what it is? We send to everyone.

 

Jason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

Newsletter? How do I subscribe to that please?

 

As Jason said, you are subscribed automatically.

Check the spam folder in your mail client.
Maybe it's there. Then mark it as not spam so it would go into your inbox folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recently my google gmail has been putting the IL-2 newsletters and forum subscriptions in my "promotions" folder rather than my regular inbox. I havent figured out how to reverse this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Small visit of 2 PO-2 on the ground of the Ferté Alais in France ...

 

35850818_1715794451875106_67040463596384

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Field-Ops said:

Recently my google gmail has been putting the IL-2 newsletters and forum subscriptions in my "promotions" folder rather than my regular inbox. I havent figured out how to reverse this. 

 

Click and drag...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2018 at 11:52 AM, LukeFF said:

 

Click and drag...

It does it for that one email, it doesnt automatically route the rest to inbox 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Field-Ops

It is very easy, you have to use filters

Create a new filter, open the message you want to filter (the newsletter one), then click on the 3 verticals dot on the upper right corner of the message then click "filter message like this"

On the bottom of the pop up menu, click on "categorize as" to choose the right category.

You can also use other options.

Let me know it it works

Edited by 1./TG1_Nil
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...