BRADYS555

Po-2 ... ?

2 hours ago, Finkeren said:

Why not just call them the Tank Crew?

Just as long as it isn't you know who.

9 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Looks great! I'm seeing a difference in the engine in one of the shots. Does this signify an engine variant or some sort of other mod?

Well, the M-11 was available in a Low and High Compression Version, (either 100 or 110hp, and 150 or 160hp). But there should be no outside difference. 

Kukurznik looks awesome :clapping:I would very much like I-153 Tchaika - and i will very happy :dance:

...on German side will be great Storch or Fw-189 Uhu. If will those planes i wil totally excited :drink2:

• Upvote 2

Yesterday's e-mail. They  say it's coming along nicely. (being developed by our external development partner Yugra Media. )

po2b_thumb.jpg

po2a_thumb.jpg

po2c_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hauksbee
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

In the newsletter we just sent out.

Jason

What newsletter? I am lost about that.

Is Sita, the one from the Il2 1946?

Edited by PA_Spartan-

The newsletter is received in your email adress

6 hours ago, I./JG1_Baron said:

Kukurznik looks awesome :clapping:I would very much like I-153 Tchaika - and i will very happy :dance:

...on German side will be great Storch or Fw-189 Uhu. If will those planes i wil totally excited :drink2:

This!

... and this, and this again ;)

A beautiful aircraft, clearly a labor of love.

Transporting important people around would be a ton of fun and provide something Ju-52-esque to do for the VVS side.  Rather than a zone to drop paratroopers in, you could have a zone to land in and insert someone into an enemy held area.  Very cool.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, I./JG1_Baron said:

I don't know about the Storch, it just seem unlikely to me. Except, of course, some proficient community enthusiasts interested in doing one show up.

The Fw 189 I think is much more likely and very cool indeed. It definitely wasn't easy prey to Soviet pilots.

If I had to choose (and wouldn't want the Asiatic-Pacific-Theatre first :rolleyes:), the IAR-39(A) would be my pick for the Eastern Front. It's about time for some non-German Axis aircraft and it's much closer to the U-2 if that's of concern.

The last time I mentioned the Fw-189 aircraft (last year I think) Han mentioned it was possible.

Edited by Trooper117

5 minutes ago, AeroAce said:

Fw 189 would be much more interesting than the Storch IMO.

Obviously. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Hauksbee said:

Yesterday's e-mail. They  say it's coming along nicely. (being developed by our external development partner Yugra Media. )

I like what I see. :)

The Po-2 is coming along nicely.

Out of curiosity I wanted to know what kind of company Yugra Media actually is and what else they are doing.

Besides Yugra Media created the city of Moscow on the Moscow map I can not find so much info about them on the net.

Just some general information: http://www.tp86.ru/en/residents/it_tekhnologii/residents/875/

30 minutes ago, Finkeren said:

Obviously. 

I like the Storch.

Like the Po-2, still has a foot in WWI.

Still a ‘kite’ so to speak - I like that.

That said the FW would be loads of fun too.

• Like 1

We are all excited about Po-2. But that is before we notice  Bf-109 behind our tail. And then we sincerely wish it was night..:)

@sdflyer I am even more excited if I have got a 109 in my tail. Sounds more easy than having a IL2 on my Ju52 tail.

WOW, looks awesome and to all intents and purposes done.:drinks:

Guess we are waiting for the team to do their stuff with the FM and such and then we get to play.:cool::music:

Any news on Pre-order or will it just go straight into the store ?

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

1 hour ago, 1./TG1_Nil said:

@sdflyer I am even more excited if I have got a 109 in my tail. Sounds more easy than having a IL2 on my Ju52 tail.

The 109 is heavy metal, way too fast and not represented at altitudes the Po-2 operates in.

A Fokker D.VII is what you should fear.

@Jason_Williams, is the 3rd-party team creating only the 3d model, or are they also creating the audio samples, cockpit animations, etc.?

The Po-2 looks great and beyond everything else it will be a good preparation for the Flying Circus.

I can't wait to fly a biplane in VR.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

A beautiful aircraft, clearly a labor of love.

Transporting important people around would be a ton of fun and provide something Ju-52-esque to do for the VVS side.  Rather than a zone to drop paratroopers in, you could have a zone to land in and insert someone into an enemy held area.  Very cool.

I'm increasingly more interested in such scenarios... I find transport aircraft and practically all aircraft with alternative purpose very interesting to fly... however, for them to truly shine, we need a good missions too...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

It will be nice if with Po-2 we will recive the new kind missions like reconnaissance or artillery spotting, something like it was in RoF with recon planes.

+1 for Storch also.

Example from RoF:

Rise_of_Flight_2012_19.jpg

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

14 hours ago, YoYo said:

It will be nice if with Po-2 we will recive the new kind missions like reconnaissance or artillery spotting, something like it was in RoF with recon planes.

+1 for Storch also.

Example from RoF:

Rise_of_Flight_2012_19.jpg

IMHO this new plane without the implementation of these kinds of new missions is ..... a waste of big improvement and missing a chance to get a quality step forward.

Edited by PA_Spartan-

29 minutes ago, PA_Spartan- said:

IMHO this new plane without the implementation of these kinds of new missions is ..... a waste of big improvement and missing a chance to get a quality step forward.

I completely understand what you mean. 

I really wish the devs would stop all new development for a couple of weeks to concentrate on streamlining all the little stuff. It would make the difference between a great game and an excellent game.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, PA_Spartan- said:

Jason specifically mentioned artillery spotting when he talked about this plane previously. I'm pretty sure they will bring this feature back.

2 hours ago, AeroAce said:

I completely understand what you mean. 

I really wish the devs would stop all new development for a couple of weeks to concentrate on streamlining all the little stuff. It would make the difference between a great game and an excellent game.

Software development doesn't work that way.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 6/22/2018 at 3:35 PM, LukeFF said:

@Jason_Williams, is the 3rd-party team creating only the 3d model, or are they also creating the audio samples, cockpit animations, etc.?

3D model and animations. We do FM and sound.

Jason

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 5

So, after Polikarpov Po-2 .... Lisunov 2 ? :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

@YoYo Yes normally if everything goes well, the Lusinov 2 will be most welcome! 

Finally we can do transport mission for both sides! 

I just hope Yugra Media will take care of the Li2 as soon as they finish with the 3d model and animation of the U2/Po2

That is the hope (Lisunov-2 next)

I agree with the various people who think the Fw-189 would be neat (and equal or possibly better than the Storch). Having two MG-81 defensive guns with a wide field of fire, having forward firing guns, and having bombs are nice features. The big wing-area would also be a very different experience (based on flying it in Il-2 using mods).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1./TG1_Nil said:

@YoYo Yes normally if everything goes well, the Lusinov 2 will be most welcome! 

Finally we can do transport mission for both sides! 

I just hope Yugra Media will take care of the Li2 as soon as they finish with the 3d model and animation of the U2/Po2

Kuban sounds like it had some interesting paratrooper ops by the Soviets, so that would be a cool element in career too. 

Edited by thenorm

On 6/21/2018 at 11:43 PM, Jason_Williams said:

In the newsletter we just sent out.

291121673_0C5F6DAE02AF70DD5A1EE3AD498FF0EABD356027990FAFFBA0pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.thumb.jpg.ee76cc5d22d59548b30dfd002ebb2ac3.jpg

1671328762_230B2744211D37E8569682A1218F0F129262BC316B624EF6CEpimgpsh_fullsize_distr.thumb.jpg.dd3508a8dbd0c0256309a24c6e19cbfe.jpg

1993886276_DBAF754A591567F49C078234E9D40DD8C0B9AF6D668CAC55C6pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.thumb.jpg.796b5e18994b098f1b790afe64abba22.jpg

Jason

Newsletter? How do I subscribe to that please?

When you bought the game you were subscribed. You really don't know what it is? We send to everyone.

Jason

2 hours ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

Newsletter? How do I subscribe to that please?

As Jason said, you are subscribed automatically.

Check the spam folder in your mail client.
Maybe it's there. Then mark it as not spam so it would go into your inbox folder.

Recently my google gmail has been putting the IL-2 newsletters and forum subscriptions in my "promotions" folder rather than my regular inbox. I havent figured out how to reverse this. 

Small visit of 2 PO-2 on the ground of the Ferté Alais in France ...

35850818_1715794451875106_67040463596384

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Field-Ops said:

Recently my google gmail has been putting the IL-2 newsletters and forum subscriptions in my "promotions" folder rather than my regular inbox. I havent figured out how to reverse this. 

Click and drag...

On 6/26/2018 at 11:52 AM, LukeFF said:

Click and drag...

It does it for that one email, it doesnt automatically route the rest to inbox 

@Field-Ops

It is very easy, you have to use filters

Create a new filter, open the message you want to filter (the newsletter one), then click on the 3 verticals dot on the upper right corner of the message then click "filter message like this"

On the bottom of the pop up menu, click on "categorize as" to choose the right category.

You can also use other options.

Let me know it it works

Edited by 1./TG1_Nil
  • Thanks 1