Jump to content

[MOD] Historically Correct Official Skins (2K and 4K)


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, huligan said:

there all your skins!Yeah! I just combined them into one folder

 

 

Ummm...  No, they're not.  Please give credit where credit is due.  The 2K skins for the BoS/BoM/BoK are by TG-55Panthercules, the 4K skins for BoBP are by spudkopf and the 4K Default, White and optional skins for BoS/BoM/BoK are by me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, huligan said:

did not find 4K skins for 109E7,F2,G2,G4,110E2,G2,190A3,A5,

Hi @huligan,

The 109 E7, G4 & G6 / 110 E2 & G2 are not released in 4K yet.

 

 

@spudkopf did the 109 F2 skins here:

 

 

@spudkopf has also made the Fw 190 A3 skins here:

 

 

As far as I know, no one has given the historically accurate treatment to the 4K Fw 190 A5 or Bf 109 G2 yet. I think they are on @spudkopf's to do list.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Adler23FalkeAuge said:

Properly activate the mod package in JSGME? . . . I don't know what that is - but I want to.

 

I've read through the entire thread and I have no idea how to implement the directions.

 

Hi Adler, JSGME is an extended application that allows you to activate custom mods. Installation is easy, download it, extract and put that files in the game folder. After that you will have a folder called MODS, where you can put every mod you download here, then run JSGME.exe and activate it through that aplication.

 

P.S.: Don't forget to enable mods in game settings at first.

Edited by Marianggello
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

BOBP skins are available.

 

There is a link from here:

 

It's 4th one up from the bottom of the post:

Link to 4K Official Skin Replacements for BoBP (955MB)

 

Edited by kendo
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Installed as per the instruction but having a little issue. While the skins appear to be working in game, in the plane selection portion of the quick mission menu the added skins are grey, while having the correct markings. Is this normal? 4k skins are enabled in the settings.

 

JSGME.png

IL-2  Sturmovik  Battle of Stalingrad Screenshot 2020.04.25 - 18.30.27.49.png

IL-2  Sturmovik  Battle of Stalingrad Screenshot 2020.04.25 - 18.30.32.67.png

Edited by DD_Mayhem
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DD_Mayhem said:

Installed as per the instruction but having a little issue. While the skins appear to be working in game, in the plane selection portion of the quick mission menu the added skins are grey, while having the correct markings. Is this normal? 4k skins are enabled in the settings.

We have grey planes in select menu several month ago, this mod is out-of-date, need rework for a color version.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Oyster_KAI said:

We have grey planes in select menu several month ago, this mod is out-of-date, need rework for a color version.

 

Yeah, @huligan went through and historically corrected some of the grey preview thumbs a view months ago, but since then a game update has changed all of the grey preview thumbs to colour ones.

 

If @huligan's still active on the forum maybe he'd like to update the new colour ones? 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ROTER_BART said:

 

Yeah, @huligan went through and historically corrected some of the grey preview thumbs a view months ago, but since then a game update has changed all of the grey preview thumbs to colour ones.

 

If @huligan's still active on the forum maybe he'd like to update the new colour ones? 

 

 

Thanks, that makes perfect sense. I'm not, by any means, complaining, I think the skins look great and really appreciate all the work that's gone into them. So you're saying, prior to recent updates, all the previews were grey originally?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DD_Mayhem said:

So you're saying, prior to recent updates, all the previews were grey originally

Yes, they were grey for all planes originally. Then with BoBP & FC the new planes were released with a coloured thumb preview. Then, for consistency, all of the older thumbs were updated to colour in a subsequent release.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ROTER_BART said:

Yes, they were grey for all planes originally. Then with BoBP & FC the new planes were released with a coloured thumb preview. Then, for consistency, all of the older thumbs were updated to colour in a subsequent release.

Got it, thanks again. Yeah, it'd be nice if those thumbs could get done, be hell, I'd even settle for color thumbs that didn't match the planes lol. On second thought, maybe not, LOL.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2020 at 11:09 PM, Danziger said:

There were just the two 4k He-111s added with 4.006 right?

 

Ok I (likely incorrectly) thought that the new deferred shading and other changes meant that community skins needed tweaking to look their best. I'm no graphic artist so really don't know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ptolemy_Soter said:

Is it possible to have the Allied aircrafts with uncensored kill markings please ?

Thanks a lot ! 🙂

So simple guy. Just desactivate this mod and you won’t have ANY offensive marking

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, there are some skins with non censored markings.

Most of the time, skinners design skins with or w/o censored markings 

You will have to check them

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am totally aware that there is plenty of skins with uncensored markings.

But this mod's goal is to make all official skins with their historical markings.

It does the job for German aircrafts. 

Allied aircrafts were often ornated with swastikas as kill markings. These remained censored.

That's why I would like to know if it is possible to inculde official Allied aircrafts skins to this mod ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2020 at 7:18 PM, Oyster_KAI said:

We have grey planes in select menu several month ago, this mod is out-of-date, need rework for a color version.

 

For anyone interested, I have modified all of the new colour German preview thumbs in the planes select menu to display the historically correct tail markings.

 

JSGME ready, or merge with this thread's excellent original mod.

Historically Correct Colour Previews.zip

Edited by ROTER_BART
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Growlanser said:

 

What is this for and do I have to enable it?

 

The fact is many of the aircraft are now officially 4K with the 4K Normalmaps built in.  The whole mod pack of historical skins are outdated as it is a mixed bag of 2K and 4K skins.  I did the default & white skins in 4K from non-official templates.  There has been much evolution since then in terms of template quality.  The whole thing should be revisited.

 

FYI, A Normalmap (NM) is the "skin" under the skin that gives the skin texture and lighting reflection qualities.  A 4K skin can use a 2K NM but the skin will lose some of its definition.  It is also possible that the 4K NM  and skin have corrected position of items of the 2K NM on the aircraft by small amounts, so a 4k skin used with a 2K NM can lead to small anomalies. 

 

I uninstalled the mod a while ago due to these various issues.  At this point I don't even remember which historic skins are 2K and which are 4K.  It's possible the mod will be wrapping a 2K skin around an official 4K NM.

 

If you do use it make sure to turn Mods On in game to see them and check use 4K textures in the graphics settings.

 

Cheers!

 

Edited by VBF-12_Stick-95
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, VBF-12_Stick-95 said:

 

The fact is many of the aircraft are now officially 4K with the 4K Normalmaps built in.  The whole mod pack of historical skins are outdated as it is a mixed bag of 2K and 4K skins.  I did the default & white skins in 4K from non-official templates.  There has been much evolution since then in terms of template quality.  The whole thing should be revisited.

 

FYI, A Normalmap (NM) is the "skin" under the skin that gives the skin texture and lighting reflection qualities.  A 4K skin can use a 2K NM but the skin will lose some of its definition.  It is also possible that the 4K NM  and skin have corrected position of items of the 2K NM on the aircraft by small amounts, so a 4k skin used with a 2K NM can lead to small anomalies. 

 

I uninstalled the mod a while ago due to these various issues.  At this point I don't even remember which historic skins are 2K and which are 4K.  It's possible the mod will be wrapping a 2K skin around an official 4K NM.

 

If you do use it make sure to turn Mods On in game to see them and check use 4K textures in the graphics settings.

 

Cheers!

 

 

If you haven't seen it yet, check out @spudkopf historically corrected skin packs. They are 4k and cover all the official skins not just the default.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Got a strange one!

All of a sudden this mod that worked perfectly before does not work anymore.

I have not changed anything apart from adding the Rhineland texture mod.

Excuse my ignorance but could there be some kind of connection here?

Thank you.

Edit, ok now, but everything back after update and it works!

Edited by hebog5
worked out
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...