TG-55Panthercules

[MOD] Historically Correct Official Skins (2K and 4K)

Update of 4K Default and White skins mods

The Default skin mod pack has been updated to include the La-5FN. It is done in the later gray camo. Also the fixes from previous posts to the Pe-2s87 and the P-39L1 have been included.

The White skin mod pack has been updated for small changes.

The normalmap pack has been updated to include the La-5FN.

You can find the latest links in my main post here:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/35423-mod-historically-correct-official-skins-2k-and-4k/?do=findComment&comment=597695

Cheers!

Edited by VBF-12_Stick-95
  • Thanks 3

4K Default Optional Skins mod

This is a pack of 4K Default (summer) skins that are optional.  It is intended to be used in conjunction with the 4k Default skin mod.  This mod will overwrite certain skins that exist in the 4K Default Skin mod.   (These skins were previously included in the 4K Default mod. This separates them out for ease of use.)

I am making this available as these skins are based on historic German and VVS aircraft except that I have removed the bort number from the fuselage.  Thumbnails are also included so you will see the skin when choosing one.  If you use this mod make sure to activate it after the 4K Default Skin mod.  (You can also activate it after both the Default and White mods are activated.)

The pack includes:
FW-190 A3 – based on Black 3, no yellow fuselage band, crashed in Finland, used against Russia in 1943
I-16 t24 – based on White 6, lightning bolt on tail, red spinner, early war
La-5 s8 – based on White 84, Russian writing on both sides of fuselage, part of 88 GIAP, captured by Germans
MiG-3 s24 – based on White 46, green and black camo
P-40 E1 – based on White 95, green and brown camo, probably 1943
Pe-2 s35 – based on Red 9, stars top wing, no stars on tail, probably part of either 95 or 96 SBAP, likely July 1941
Pe-2 s87 -  based on White 8, arrow on fuselage
Spitfire Mk-Vb – based on Ser# EP495, includes Guards emblem on tail, transferred to the USSR on February 16, 1943
Yak-1 s127 – based on Red 24, white rudder and spinner, 3 GIAP KBF, summer 1943

The link for the download is in my main post here:
https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/35423-mod-historically-correct-official-skins-2k-and-4k/?do=findComment&comment=597695

Let me know if you have any issues.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Is there an update that covers the new Bf-109G-14 released last week? Just wondering....🙄

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, VBF-12_Stick-95 said:

If there’s a 4K template i’ll be doing one but on vacation at the moment.

I'll look forard to it...but for now enjoy the vacation!🏝️

Just wanted to give a big THANKS to TG-55Panthercules, Mitthrawnuruodo and VBF-12_Stick-95 for your skin mods.

Awesome work guys, as it's great to have authentic markings on Luftwaffe aircraft finally. :thank_you::good:

The file links should be in a locked sticky thread on both this and the skins forum so that they are easier to find and install etc.

Cheers guys for your time and effort in creating these! :drinks:  

Edited by Von_Drinkoften
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Any future plans of getting this to work specifically with the new  Bf-109 G-14 or are you waiting for all of the Bodenplatte German aircraft to be released first?

i'll look forward to it....meanwhile there are a few skins now available to use from time to time...Thanks for your work!

Question, since I'm not super familiar with IL2 multiplayer mechanics yet..

Is this compatible with multiplayer?  Meaning if I have the skin pack installed will it cause any conflicts if I hop onto Wings of Liberty or TAW?  

Most, if not all, mp servers do not allow mods on.  You do not have to deactivate your mods to join an mp server, click uncheck Mods Enabled in game settings.

4 hours ago, VBF-12_Stick-95 said:

Most, if not all, mp servers do not allow mods on.  You do not have to deactivate your mods to join an mp server, click uncheck Mods Enabled in game settings.

Thank you! 

I have finished the G14 default skin.  I still need to make the thumbnail, etc. before I can post the mod.  I've decided to place the Bodenplatte planes in their own skin mod pack.

• Upvote 2

The 4K Default Skin Replacements for Bodenplatte mod is now available.  The Bf-109G14 is the only plane in the pack at the moment.  The pack also contains the Normalmap.

Go to this post for the download link.

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

thank you .

Thank you Stick.

The mod worked for me nicely before but since in 3.005c it doesn't anymore :(.
Has the directory structure been changed?

Solved - my fault...

Edited by ST_ami7b5

Seems to be working here.  I am seeing the thumbnails as well as the actual skins in QMB.  Could you be more specific about how it is not working?

Hi Stick!
Sry, my bad - 'wrong' JGSME path - it's pointing to another BoX installation ( I have 3 of them - clean, testers and JGSME 'friendly').
I had the third one modded but run the clean one.

Don't tell anybody :)
/facepalm

Edited by ST_ami7b5

OK, so I will tell you a secret:
"It works like a charm."
Thanks for your excellent work!
👍

• Thanks 1

Thank to the modders for the nice skins.

Just a question.

I've seen  that 109 E7 has no flaps marks on the left flap. I've checked also F4 ad the flap deflection marks are there.

Is this historically accurate? Did the E7 had no flap indication?

Thanks again

Are you using the official skins or user made ones?

All the official skins for the E7 have the correct flap markings.

If you are using skins made by other users the skinners sometimes either forget or leave them off.

You can check which 109's have the markings by running the viewer tool, and then playing the animation... when the flaps come down you can see which skins have the correct markings or not...

Edited by Trooper117
  • Thanks 1

I am using the 4K versión included in this MOD, the cove with the swastika. I've checked only the summer version. I still have to check the winter one.

Both the 4K summer and winter 109 E7 versions are missing the flap indicator.  Just checked the template I used and it is not present.  It is easy enough to add but I want to add any additional planes for BOS/BOM/BOK since the last mod update that have 4K templates at the same time.  RL at the moment is an issue.

Let me know if you find any other issues on the 4K skin mods.  Thanks.

Ok. 

Keep up with the good work! 

I really didn't know if it was a bug or not. Sometimes in this forum are people who have extensive knowledge of these little details and I thought that maybe IRL it was that way.

Have any more of the Bodenplatte aircraft been covered yet, or are you waiting for them all to be out before going through them?

21 hours ago, thenorm said:

Have any more of the Bodenplatte aircraft been covered yet, or are you waiting for them all to be out before going through them?

Thanks for your inquiry, I need to get back on track with this.  I plan on doing the 4K skins for these planes as the templates become available.  I think the two other BoBP released aircraft needing a 4K skin are the Spitfire Mk.IX and the FW-190 A-8 .  Just downloaded these templates.  Hopefully I can start work on them soon.  Whether the 4K skins for these are released first or wrapped with the P-47 and Me-109K-4 will depend on timing.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, VBF-12_Stick-95 said:

Thanks for your inquiry, I need to get back on track with this.  I plan on doing the 4K skins for these planes as the templates become available.  I think the two other BoBP released aircraft needing a 4K skin are the Spitfire Mk.IX and the FW-190 A-8 .  Just downloaded these templates.  Hopefully I can start work on them soon.  Whether the 4K skins for these are released first or wrapped with the P-47 and Me-109K-4 will depend on timing.

😎

Can anyone tell me , step by step, how to use the JSGME mod activator and the .DDS files to replace the official ones in Battle of Stalingrad?

I have tried several times without success, so I do not know what I am making wrong.

I have read all the instructions in this forum, but none is complete, I need a fool-proof instruction.

Thank you

Edited by schaetzle73

14 hours ago, schaetzle73 said:

Can anyone tell me , step by step, how to use the JSGME mod activator and the .DDS files to replace the official ones in Battle of Stalingrad?

I have tried several times without success, so I do not know what I am making wrong.

I have read all the instructions in this forum, but none is complete, I need a fool-proof instruction.

Thank you

I have not used JSGME since I could not have any results with the Historical Decals for german planes. This is what I did:

I made a copy of the IL-2 BoS directory under a different name i.e. JM-3, in this last directory I made the changes of the files depicted in Historicall Correct Official Skins, one by one in the JM-3.

I started then the game from JM-3 and I got swastikas in all the german planes. I think that JSGME doesn't work because some moded files go in the directory "Data" and some others in the directory "SWF" which is outside the directory "Data" in the root directory. If someone can explain me how to obtain the same result with JSGME I will be very obliged. Because with JSGME I can avoid reproducing the whole IL-2 directory sparing time and space. Thanks.

Greetings!

After a long hiatus away from this sim, I've started playing it again (took advantage of the sale and picked up Battle of Moscow and Kuban). I'm very appreciative of the mods in this thread to make the game historically accurate and have installed them via JSGME. The hakenkreuz shows in the game, but none of the aircraft have individual aircraft codes, just the balkenkreuz and the hakenkreuz.

Did I somehow biff the installation?

Thanks,

Scott

No, it is working as intended. The game does not feature any system that could generate aircraft markings; you only see what is painted on each skin. It is an unfortunate limitation.

Edited by Mitthrawnuruodo

It is possible to have individual markings for each aircraft in your squadron, but actually doing so is a real pain.

1)You need to make skins with those individual markings already baked on for every aircraft.

2)You then need to add those skins to the file that tells the game which skins can be counted as default - this requires mods on mode.

3)Then, you need to add the assignment of that skin into the Skins file for that module - BoS for example - for the squadron you'll be flying in. Every single skin.

4)In my experience, you also need to replace the default skin for that aircraft with one for your squadron, or else you'll often get a single aircraft in the vanilla default skin in your squadron.

I did this for a squadron of Spit Mk.IXs and put them into the BoS career mode. It worked great and looks fantastic in the air, but it's a massive pain in the dingus to do, and still far from a perfect solution. For individual missions and scripted campaigns however, it works just fine and is significantly easier, as all you have to do then is make the skins and assign them in the Mission Editor. 

Spoiler

506820728_SpitfiresoverStalingrad.thumb.jpg.592da0f06c3f9e70676181a44e3e56e1.jpg

What the mod this whole thread is for does is add a default skin for every aircraft with the correct markings; when installed via JSGME it just renames the original default and puts the correct one in its place, so the game is none the wiser. This method is evidently effective, but doesn't allow for variation in and of itself.

Edited by crigby46

Gentlemen,

Thank you for the replies!

At least now I understand the mods are working as intended - many thanks!

Cheers,

Scott

Hello,

See my post.

It is possible to have skins per wing of the player's squadron randomly and to vary the skins of the squadron

It works well for the squadron of the player but I have not managed to make it work for the other AI squadrons that you encounter during your missions. This one has just a generic skin by squadron that works.

Spoiler

Here's a screenshot of the folder structure you should have for the MODS folder for JSGME use.

46771601104_4f9ba01181_o.jpg

Edited by VBF-12_Stick-95