BlackHellHound1

A complete guide to set up Head-tracking (Opentrack)

Posted (edited)

@BlackHellHound1

Yep, I set the CL eye settings according to your guide and fumbled around on them too. The Guides settings are the best even with IR filter still intact.

Ended up removing the Cams IR filter and installing the floppy disk IR Pass, the difference is night and day!

With the floppy IR pass, the IR LEDs are very visible and it tracks marvelously now!

There are also 2 things I had to figure out the hard way:

1.) The clip is meant to be mounted vertically only, if its mounted horizontally the tracker gets confused. But with Dynamic pose enabled it bearable.

2.) There is a reason the middle LED has to be closer to the the one on the short stick than the long one lmao

Now the final question is how to mount it elegantly on the Headphones, duct tape keeps coming off, gonna try hot glue later.

977328249_Ducttape.thumb.jpg.8740769554bb4da0cb7d24176533333b.jpg

Edited by [N.O.G.F]Leon_Portier

41 minutes ago, [N.O.G.F]Leon_Portier said:

With the floppy IR pass, the IR LEDs are very visible and it tracks marvelously now!

Now the final question is how to mount it elegantly on the Headphones, duct tape keeps coming off, gonna try hot glue later.

Great to hear you got the camera sorted. 

As for a mounting solution. Try to get some velcro. I used it for a long time and worked really well. 

BlackHellHound1

:salute:

• Like 1

Like BlackHellHound said, velcro works pretty good. Another way could be a couple of zip ties.

Posted (edited)

@No_85_Gramps @BlackHellHound1

Velcro was a issue, since the ear muff of the headphone was just curved enough to keep flopping around.

Ended up opening fire on the clip and headphone with the hot glue pistol, seems to stick pretty well the last few hours.

I think I´m done building the tracker now, thanks for all the help you two!!!

Edited by [N.O.G.F]Leon_Portier
  • Upvote 1

I have one that is also glued for the same reason. Somewhat permanent, but whatever works!