1) the problem is to find historically correct and clear images of the unit in question . there is a lot of improvisation out there , even osprey is not reliable at times i find . If the documentation and images are reliable i take the plunge . You have to be able to defend your work . If you use reliable sources that already is a major filter .
2) You dont have to worry about the Mustang units present at Bodenplatte and beyond . I am ready for the Blue noses ,yellow noses etc a soon as the template is out . There is a lot of available documentation for the P51 units . I have done most of them for IL2 previously , all available at M4T . I will do them all for this sim .
3) I dont skin 2 engine bombers , boring .
4) P47''s are all about nose art and i have never mastered that .
5) P38's , this fighter is going to be a major problem , in previous sims you could not skin the outer section of the opposite boom and rudder , some technical issue , lets see if the issue does'nt exist with this sim .
6) i play the career mode on both sides as part of my exploring the game and tips for mission building and i do take note of units needed . So this is an ongoing operation .
7) when playing career i find the best way is to fill the skin folders only with what is available and with similar alternatives needed for the mission to look as realistic as possible , So if you dont have staffel 2 group 1 you might find staffel 3 of the 2 or 3 group .
the work continues