BlackHellHound1

A complete guide to set up Head-tracking (Opentrack)

8 hours ago, Adept_Suit said:

SOS! 

Hey. I got a new pc and now opentrack doesn't track my ir leds. Default profile works, but if I use my old profiles opentrack just doesn't see the IR leds. And if I copy paste some text lines from old profile to a new one, it also doesn't work. But the clean default one works. here it does the tracking. Once I start adding curves or settings, doesn't work.

SOS!

Hey mate,

No need for the SOS :P We will help you regardless.

Your old profiles are probably from an older version of opentrack which would explain why they aren't working.

Try to find the same version of Opentrack as you had on your old PC, or you will have to make a new profile within your new Opentrack.

Also, just to clarify. If you just start with a clean profile and add curves in opentrack itself as usual, does it still work then?

BlackHellHound1

:salute:

@BlackHellHound1

I still have some problem with open track axis...

Especially X axis give me a lot of problem...

I put some death zone, so now I have to move close to the camera limit angle to move my head in the game, but still it confuse X with yaw...

Do you have some idea how to fix it?

1 hour ago, BlackHellHound1 said:

Hey mate,

No need for the SOS :P We will help you regardless.

Your old profiles are probably from an older version of opentrack which would explain why they aren't working.

Try to find the same version of Opentrack as you had on your old PC, or you will have to make a new profile within your new Opentrack.

Also, just to clarify. If you just start with a clean profile and add curves in opentrack itself as usual, does it still work then?

BlackHellHound1

It's the same version. The last beta one. I added curves etc. on a default profile and it works. 

BUt with older profiles it doesn't work. I swear it's same version.

Hello virtual pilots,

First of all, thanks @BlackHellHound1 for this fantastic guide on how to setup OpenTrack. The best one that I have seen so far. I have created from scratch my own TrackHat with IR LED lights (see the picture), so I may eventually make a guide on how to make it and share it in the forum 😃

However I am getting issues trying to link IL2 launcher and OpenTrack. I bought BoS via Steam, and then BoM and BoK via IL2 website, so in order to access all of my content, I have to always start the game from Steam and not from the .exe launcher. The thing is that Steam launches IL2 using a BootScrapper (I don´t even know waht this is) and this is not recognized by OpenTrack (I have tried to create a shortcut in the desktop). Do you guys know how to link OpenTrack and IL2 in the Steam Client? Or have experienced similar issues?

Thanks in advance 👍

48138805-baa8-45fa-abff-2b039ffeb086 (1).jpg

22 hours ago, ppinto94 said:

Hello virtual pilots,

First of all, thanks @BlackHellHound1 for this fantastic guide on how to setup OpenTrack. The best one that I have seen so far. I have created from scratch my own TrackHat with IR LED lights (see the picture), so I may eventually make a guide on how to make it and share it in the forum 😃

However I am getting issues trying to link IL2 launcher and OpenTrack. I bought BoS via Steam, and then BoM and BoK via IL2 website, so in order to access all of my content, I have to always start the game from Steam and not from the .exe launcher. The thing is that Steam launches IL2 using a BootScrapper (I don´t even know waht this is) and this is not recognized by OpenTrack (I have tried to create a shortcut in the desktop). Do you guys know how to link OpenTrack and IL2 in the Steam Client? Or have experienced similar issues?

Thanks in advance 👍

I am not sure what you mean by "link opentrack and IL-2 in the steam client". Can you clarify this in more detail? 

For me, it works fine having Opentrack not linked to steam. I just open OpenTrack from my desktop and then IL-2 through steam. 

BlackHellHound1

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, BlackHellHound1 said:

I am not sure what you mean by "link opentrack and IL-2 in the steam client". Can you clarify this in more detail? 

For me, it works fine having Opentrack not linked to steam. I just open OpenTrack from my desktop and then IL-2 through steam. 

BlackHellHound1

Ok nevermind, is working fine now 😆 very strange though... the first attempt wasn't successful 

I basically got confused in the step for Game Detection because I have experienced that when launchig with IL2.exe I could only play the content I bought on IL2 website. So I tried to make a shortcut in the desktop from steam, but this redirects to a web server client which OT doesn't recognize.

Anyway thanks for the help 😉