Coconut's dynamic campaign hardcore and casual

coconut

Okay cool, thanks for clarifying

commands are working good!

Edited by Mudguts

[CPT]Crunch

If your flying the first map and sortie in a campaign, things may be a bit loopy since you don't as of yet have stats.  Just take whatever plane you can spawn in at the main port without it barking and fly a combat mission.   If you forward land it, forget about it, you aren't yet in the stats system.  So be aware it may tell you most planes are not available to you even at the main base.  Even hopping in a stolen plane and cranking the engine will give you stats.  Next map you will be the system, so you can start collecting at that point.

Is there a maximum number of planes one can collect per base?  Hoping it isn't more than one or two of a type, maybe four planes max per base, three front bases max, some sort of limit.  Did lose half my collection when the two forward bases changed alliances.  So don't put them all in one basket, keep your prize stallions back a bit.  Otherwise I'm thinking about collecting a sizable stable, I like planes.:biggrin:

WithStrangeAeons

Hi guys, update on the poll I posted previously. If you have not yet replied to it, the poll can be found here, and I will keep it running for a while longer.

http://whenisgood.net/coconutwingnight

We've had about 10 respondents so far. From the times submitted, the best looking time for group shenanigans seems to be:

Saturdays, 1800 to 2000 UTC

This translates to about 11am for US-west coast, 2pm US-east coast.

These times had the highest number of participants able to attend (all but 2 at 1900). I'd consider this a good starting point, and we can make adjustments from here or add additional nights if that feels appropriate. If I get an appreciable number of new poll replies, I will post another update here.

chiliwilly
On 4/29/2018 at 12:26 PM, OpticFlow said:

You could practice unfamiliar procedures in Single Player until you learn to perform them well enough. Competitive multi-player environment is not the right place to learn basics, especially here where we have limited resources shared among us. Someone else had to fly the airplane and supplies that you wasted from the rear instead.

Thanks optic, but as a commercial pilot in real life the problem isn't one of me not being able to fly the planes or knowing the "basics". Everyone has the occasional bend up in here, and if you read my post you would note that the crash was caused by my own bomb. There's a first time to learn everything...like how big an explosion the 1800K bomb causes. I was posting more in relation to the question of why I was given two penalties for one incident, as it might be a bug. I've flown plenty of supplies in this server before, for my self AND for the team.....like for planes that you or anyone else lost to whatever causes. In fact, most missions I take off from the rear field anyway with the purpose of landing at a forward field to drop the plane there for later use. By your logic, the same concept could apply to someone who kamikaze attacks a flack gun or loses their plane in combat because they weren't paying attention or just may not be familiar enough with dog fighting techniques. Neither the game or the server are restricted to expert fighter pilots.  Anyway. It's a team effort, I get that, but thanks for the....helpful(?) remark.:(

On 4/29/2018 at 3:06 AM, coconut said:

It's as @No.85_Camm says. Banning people is not a measure that I like, but as the server became more popular it was something I had to put in.

As for the multiple notifications, it's simply because the logs contains multiple damage entries. Not all damage is applied at once, it's done in multiple steps.

Thanks for the clarification coconut. I was just wondering. I have no problem with the ban, actually I think it's a great idea.

Edited by chiliwilly

SCG_OpticFlow
On 5/7/2018 at 3:10 AM, chiliwilly said:

Thanks optic, but as a commercial pilot in real life the problem isn't one of me not being able to fly the planes or knowing the "basics". Everyone has the occasional bend up in here, and if you read my post you would note that the crash was caused by my own bomb. There's a first time to learn everything...like how big an explosion the 1800K bomb causes. I was posting more in relation to the question of why I was given two penalties for one incident, as it might be a bug. I've flown plenty of supplies in this server before, for my self AND for the team.....like for planes that you or anyone else lost to whatever causes. In fact, most missions I take off from the rear field anyway with the purpose of landing at a forward field to drop the plane there for later use. By your logic, the same concept could apply to someone who kamikaze attacks a flack gun or loses their plane in combat because they weren't paying attention or just may not be familiar enough with dog fighting techniques. Neither the game or the server are restricted to expert fighter pilots.  Anyway. It's a team effort, I get that, but thanks for the....helpful(?) remark.:(

Thanks for the clarification coconut. I was just wondering. I have no problem with the ban, actually I think it's a great idea.

I apologize if I was wrong about you. I've seen too many times newbies taking the He-111 with maximum bomb load and crashing on take off, cooking their engines after take off, missing their targets, etc -- all because they didn't practice that mission before and tried learning while on the server. The result was that many times we didn't have any 111 or 88 on the map at critical moments and depleted forward AF ammo stores.

If you had tried the same procedure in the quick mission generator (dropping SC 1800 from low altitude with the timer you used) you'd know the outcome. A tip -- use at least 3 sec delay when dropping SC 1800 on deck. You can practice other difficult skills in the QMG too, like strafing tanks with the stuka gunpods (most pilots on coconut tend to crash on that mission), level bombing tank columns with series of SC 50 bombs, landing bombers with full bomb load without breaking gear or overshooting the runway...

56RAF_phoenix56
On 29/04/2018 at 9:40 PM, coconut said:

@GrampsIt's a new feature being implemented. At certain airfields, you may only fly planes that you have previously landed there. This is to help combat the problem with front airfields being depleted.

For now the kicking part is not enabled, but it will come as soon as I have implemented a way for players to check where they have planes.

I like this idea, we had something similar of the Storm of War CloD server.

However, the 'planes were allocated to squads rather than to individuals, plus a (slow) re-supply rate from a factory.

Is there any chance you can implement it by squad in future?

56RAF_phoenix

• SYN_Haashashin pinned this topic
[SRH]Festa_VR_Noob

I hate to ask, and sorry if this has been asked before and I missed it, but . . .

On the normal server, is it possible to remove the aim assist? I have it turned off in my own settings, but it must be a server setting that cannot be changed by client.

• Like 1

56RAF_phoenix56

Coconut - Now you've cracked the aircraft allocation problem, would it be possible in future to allocate the aircraft to a squad at a particular rear field on all the maps?

This would force a squad to operate from the same bases, which would add to realism. If the aircraft allocation were a  bit more generous for that squad and base (to allow us all to fly together, but with the basing restriction in return) you could encourage squads to fly regularly, but also to transfer aircraft to forward fields if they want to operate from them.

We're generally really enjoying your server and the direction it's going.

Some minor comments:

1. The CocoDynExpert_1 map is small for squad flying and the allied force area narrows to the East;

2. We love the Kuban map. Not just because it's new, but the large scale geographic features and the sea lead to more structured operations;

3. I really like having to recon targets before they appear on the map;

4. I'd enjoy more bad weather.

Thanks for a good server.

56RAF_phoenix

On 10/05/2018 at 11:03 PM, 56RAF_phoenix56 said:

Is there any chance you can implement it by squad in future?

Let's see how the current system works out first. Actually, I have a feeling it might not be all that popular, and that some people might dislike it but don't dare speak up. We'll see how the server's population evolves.

20 hours ago, Festa_PWR said:

On the normal server, is it possible to remove the aim assist? I have it turned off in my own settings, but it must be a server setting that cannot be changed by client.

The way it's supposed to be is that bomb aim should be on, but gun aim assists should be off. It's always possible to change, but that's what people seemed to want in the past.

12 hours ago, II./JG77_Con said:

Please add more Ai. coco , Flying around with out any contacts

Hard to do, that can lead to server overloads very easily.

36 minutes ago, 56RAF_phoenix56 said:

The CocoDynExpert_1 map is small for squad flying and the allied force area narrows to the East

They are all called "CocoDynExpert_1" and "CooDynExpert_2". If you mean the current map, yes, it's the smallest. Other maps are bigger.

LeLv30_Redwing
46 minutes ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Bad weather does not add to realism as, most of the time, these would cause the units to be grounded.

+1. Dear Coconut, absolutely love your server, your system and specially Kuban map....but I just don´t get it with missions starting at 0600 AM during winter or like yesterday, with snowstorm on top of that. The way I see it, everybody is adjusting gamma in order to see better which kind of makes it like 0800 AM anyway. Same goes with missions ending very late, pitch black, what is the point of that?

There might be some grazy people who enjoy these terrible conditions where in real life no one would be allowed to fly, but there ain´t many of them. Like yesterday, there were 6 people flying at the time I usually see 20-30 people enjoying your server...I just feel it´s like wasting your hard work, people choosing to go elsewhere because of un-flyable conditions. Sorry for the rant but I just enjoy flying so much on your server that couldn't hold back my feelings anymore :wacko:

Edited by LeLv30_RedWing
  • Upvote 1

Salutations,

Coconut, I think allocating aircraft to any particular squad just seems inappropriate for a server open for use for the whole world.

Also, if a squad wants to guarantee being able to fly together in their chosen craft... I suggest said squad or squads could or should develop and set up their own private server(s).

8 minutes ago, LeLv30_RedWing said:

+1. Dear Coconut, absolutely love your server, your system and specially Kuban map....but I just don´t get it with missions starting at 0600 AM during winter or like yesterday, with snowstorm on top of that. The way I see it, everybody is adjusting gamma in order to see better which kind of makes it like 0800 AM anyway. Same goes with missions ending very late, pitch black, what is the point of that?

There might be some grazy people who enjoy these terrible conditions where in real life no one would be allowed to fly, but there ain´t many of them. Like yesterday, there were 6 people flying at the time I usually see 20-30 people enjoying your server...I just feel it´s like wasting your hard work, people choosing to go elsewhere because of un-flyable conditions. Sorry for the rant but I just enjoy flying so much on your server that couldn't hold back my feelings anymore :wacko:

Salutations,

I generally agree with your concerns about realism. Flying in a snowstorm or blizzard or very heavy overcast  (Battle Of The Bulge weather scenario) and such probably would never happen. But being ordered to take off at 6:00 am is definitely in the realm of realism. So is getting back to ones airfield after dark. 

Also, there are those among us (the crazy ones) that like the 'challenge' of attempting the accomplishment of the mission in very adverse flying conditions. They don't even use the gamma trick to cheat the visibility restrictions. Yea, I guess they are crazy but I think they enjoy overcoming such mission.

1 hour ago, LeLv30_RedWing said:

There might be some grazy people who enjoy these terrible conditions

I'm one of those!

1 hour ago, Mudguts said:

Normal server is down

Axis won the campaign! I'll start the next one in a minute.

1 hour ago, Thad said:

Also, there are those among us (the crazy ones) that like the 'challenge' of attempting the accomplishment of the mission in very adverse flying conditions

Indeed. I got so lost in those conditions I ended picking a road going east and following it. Found my way again eventually, but I was ready to land at the "wrong" airfield if forced too. I also picked the direction finder in a later flight even though I was not planning to land at the rear base, just so I can easily find a place to land back on if I lost y way again.

That being said, the Moscow winter map has been hard to navigate for me, regardless of weather.

• Upvote 1

LeLv30_Redwing

I hear you Thad and agree people enjoy different challenges. Respectully I don´t agree taking off at winter at 6:00 am is realistic. Well, taking off and flying 2hrs to target and bombing in minimum visibility yes, but aerial combat or strafing moving objects no. But, this is only my opinion.

And for me it's not about realism, it's just not...playable or fun doing things when you can´t see ****. Again, this is just a humble request for Coconut maybe to consider in the future.

• Upvote 1

6./ZG26_Klaus_Mann
3 hours ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Bad weather does not add to realism as, most of the time, these would cause the units to be grounded.

Well, what is bad weather? Very low Cloud, Strong Wind and some Rain were completely Normal for Russia. Clouds between 300 and 600m were the Norm, Winds of 25kph avarage with gusts of 45. 

Clear and Open Skies were a rarity in Continental Russia in Autumn and Winter. 

Keep the Weather Realistic. 

41Sqn_Riksen
1 minute ago, 6./ZG26_Klaus_Mann said:

Well, what is bad weather? Very low Cloud, Strong Wind and some Rain were completely Normal for Russia. Clouds between 300 and 600m were the Norm, Winds of 25kph avarage with gusts of 45. 

Clear and Open Skies were a rarity in Continental Russia in Autumn and Winter. 

Keep the Weather Realistic. 

Heavy snow/Rain with and 50m visibility. Realistic weather with realistic air operations then ... meaning, we all stay grounded.

Keep weather realistic and air operations realistic. 

56RAF_phoenix56
2 hours ago, Thad said:

Salutations,

Coconut, I think allocating aircraft to any particular squad just seems inappropriate for a server open for use for the whole world.

Also, if a squad wants to guarantee being able to fly together in their chosen craft... I suggest said squad or squads could or should develop and set up their own private server(s).

Thad - I don't think sharing the allocated aircraft between members of a squad would break the system in any way. I'm not trying to suggest some sort of favoured treatment for squads, unless maybe balanced by location.

On Storm of War (the most realistic air combat simulation I've ever experienced), non-squad flyers had aircraft at separate fields (often better than the squads had) and squads had allocated aircraft at their home field that were resupplied at a slow rate (from a factory field). The 'plane mix would be a first class fighter, a second rate one and a bomber. Eventually the squads would run out of first class fighters.

We've thought about running our own server, but generous people like Coconut have put so much work into it that it would be quite difficult to replicate with the same quality.

Coconut: please try more generous aircraft limits before you think of removing them, if they prove unpopular.

56RAF_phoenix

KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82

@Coconut

Hello,

something is not clear for me, and yes, I just read the description again.

Situation today:

Luftwaffe is holding 3 AF's.

2 with -xy kg and 1 with +xy kg.

On the AF with + there are no planes for bombing.

On the transfer way, my StuKa was damaged, but I could land it savely on this AF.

Question a)

The new reserve system should give this plane there. For now or the later map rotation? It was not there during current map.

Situation (see above):

I decide to make a supply flight with a Ju52 from the AF with -1000kg.

So I thought to try it out. I choose Ju52 and could take 2300kg supplies with me.

Question b)

Did I really had those 2300kg supplies on board?

I decided to fly to the AF with -8300kg and was ready to make various supply flights.

As I arrived there I stopped the engines, opened the door by "N" and were waiting. About 7 minutes, but nothing happend.

Question c)

As I also experienced that I never unloaded supplies from +xy kg AF's to -xy kg AF's on other maps, I want finally know how the

supply flights and procedure is working. "B" is cancelling the unloading, that I know already.

What are the requirements and procedure for a succesful supply flight??

Thanks for answering

Thanks for the very good server

4 hours ago, LeLv30_RedWing said:

where in real life no one would be allowed to fly,

There is many book and story that will discredit this line. Often pilots encounter bad wx on their way or coming back from mission. Many have lost their life.

I like bad wx. It never get to 50 M Risken ;) Or at lest I never seen it that bad, the worst I got was 1 or 2 KM in visibility, yes the rain drop are a little too much but that is another story.

I like it because it make us use different tactics, the pilotage can be challenging but fun.

My 2 cents   

Edited by ATAG_dB

LeLv30_Redwing

Sorry if this is clear to others but did not find answer to this in manual; what happens to tanks and supply columns, when they reach their destination and their icon disappear? Will they actually vanish from the ground or are they still visible, stationary but able to be bombed by players?

Last time (weeks ago) I've see them vanishing - it is a disturbing experience seeing the targets disappear seconds before you wanted to squeeze the trigger.

4 hours ago, KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82 said:

The new reserve system should give this plane there. For now or the later map rotation? It was not there during current map.

It's immediate (give it maybe one minute) but you need an undamaged plane. Or several damaged ones.

Did I really had those 2300kg supplies on board?

I decided to fly to the AF with -8300kg and was ready to make various supply flights.

As I arrived there I stopped the engines, opened the door by "N" and were waiting. About 7 minutes, but nothing happend.

The only thing that "happens" is you get a message telling that you landed, and another message about your reward.

No need to switch off engines or unload cargo, you only need to land.

It's possible there could be a bug, I did lots of changes these past two weeks.

What are the requirements and procedure for a succesful supply flight??

For a Ju52 with cargo: The only requirement is to land. You don't need to end the mission, you can take off and fly back home if you like.

For other planes with bombs: Land with the bombs still on, finish mission.

3 hours ago, LeLv30_RedWing said:

Will they actually vanish from the ground or are they still visible, stationary but able to be bombed by players?

They stay on for a few minutes, but after a while they disappear. It must be that way to free resources in DServer for the next convoy.

No.85_Camm
11 hours ago, 56RAF_phoenix56 said:

On Storm of War (the most realistic air combat simulation I've ever experienced), non-squad flyers had aircraft at separate fields (often better than the squads had) and squads had allocated aircraft at their home field that were resupplied at a slow rate (from a factory field). The 'plane mix would be a first class fighter, a second rate one and a bomber. Eventually the squads would run out of first class fighters.

We've thought about running our own server, but generous people like Coconut have put so much work into it that it would be quite difficult to replicate with the same quality.

Coconut: please try more generous aircraft limits before you think of removing them, if they prove unpopular.

56RAF_phoenix

I used to fly in Storm of War and I was even on the Command team. What you failed to mention was yes....'Open Players' did indeed have access to many Aircraft....but ONLY at certain fields. Plus, the Aircraft stayed at the field where they were 'dumped'. No-one (open players) bothered to ferry the aircraft they flew - back to the original airfield. That was left to the Command team to sort out. There were 3 fighters in the mix...a Spit la, a Spit lla, a Hurricane and a Blenheim was the Bomber. They were the ONLY aircraft that were available.

Also, one of the  reasons why Squadrons ran out of Aircraft is that they (the Pilots) thought there was a never ending supply of Aircraft and so, never looked after them.

The main reason why the Storm of War server ended is because there was so many people complaining about the way it was run and organised that the Admin team had had enough and pulled the plug. All because a limited few kept on and on about the 'way' it should be run so that it would suit the needs of a few instead of the many.

As for having your 'own field' is concerned, I think you are being rather selfish. The Servers that Coconut KINDLY provides are for the enjoyment of everyone, without favour. By having your own field (along with your own aircraft) it seems that you would want preference over anyone else wanting to fly. Roblex has already tried this tac..........how many more of 56 Squad are going to try?

I would suggest you get your own server.......that way, you can have everything YOUR way

• Like 1

KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82

@coconut

Thank you for clearification from official side :salute:

So, today I was trying it out off course and *proudly-knocking-on-own-shoulders* was for the very first time able to bring supplies to an airfield (got a message notification)

The xy kg amount on this particular AF did not increased after map rotation.

Proposed so?

19 hours ago, No.85_Camm said:

I used to fly in Storm of War and I was even on the Command team. What you failed to mention was yes....'Open Players' did indeed have access to many Aircraft....but ONLY at certain fields. Plus, the Aircraft stayed at the field where they were 'dumped'. No-one (open players) bothered to ferry the aircraft they flew - back to the original airfield. That was left to the Command team to sort out. There were 3 fighters in the mix...a Spit la, a Spit lla, a Hurricane and a Blenheim was the Bomber. They were the ONLY aircraft that were available.

Also, one of the  reasons why Squadrons ran out of Aircraft is that they (the Pilots) thought there was a never ending supply of Aircraft and so, never looked after them.

The main reason why the Storm of War server ended is because there was so many people complaining about the way it was run and organised that the Admin team had had enough and pulled the plug. All because a limited few kept on and on about the 'way' it should be run so that it would suit the needs of a few instead of the many.

As for having your 'own field' is concerned, I think you are being rather selfish. The Servers that Coconut KINDLY provides are for the enjoyment of everyone, without favour. By having your own field (along with your own aircraft) it seems that you would want preference over anyone else wanting to fly. Roblex has already tried this tac..........how many more of 56 Squad are going to try?

I would suggest you get your own server.......that way, you can have everything YOUR way

No.85_Camm...

"As for having your 'own field' is concerned, I think you are being rather selfish. The Servers that Coconut KINDLY provides are for the enjoyment of everyone, without favour. By having your own field (along with your own aircraft) it seems that you would want preference over anyone else wanting to fly. I would suggest you get your own server.......that way, you can have everything YOUR way"

It looks like great minds think alike. :salute:

56RAF_phoenix56

Please note that nowhere did I suggest that a squad should be allocated a base exclusively.

I did explain how SoW worked, it was not perfect.

I expect this thread to be for ideas to be floated and reasoned discussion.

56RAF_phoenix

No.85_Camm
1 hour ago, 56RAF_phoenix56 said:

Thad - I don't think sharing the allocated aircraft between members of a squad would break the system in any way. I'm not trying to suggest some sort of favoured treatment for squads, unless maybe balanced by location.

56RAF_phoenix

Phoenix,

You are missing the whole point.

SoW was conceived as a Squadron based flight sim. It only allowed 'Open' players in to give them an experience that they couldn't get elsewhere,,,,,,that being said, most of them abused it. They never used teamspeak so that Tophat could coordinate any attack or defence and to top that off, they rarely returned their Aircraft to the original base.

In the end, The SoW server proved to very unreliable because people would not accept the rules laid down and were often complaining that they could not have their own way. In the end (after FOUR attempts), Reddog pulled the plug because he lost interest after all the moaning.

The Coconut server is an entirely different concept. This is perfect for the single player.

Just imagine if you had your own base with however many aircraft you require....then it gets bombed out. Would you expect all of your aircraft to be replaced and a new Airfield to be provided???? How would you replace the Bombs you use? Would you expect them to be replenished before any other Airfield? Would you be a unit unto yourself or would you want to work in conjunction with other Squads (if there were any). If there were Squads on the Coconut Server, it would be extremely unpleasant for the single player if he had a Squadron/Staffel after him/her. No Phoenix, I think there are many more people that 56(RAF) would want to stay with the single pilot concept. If people want to get together, they can do so now......providing they accept that they can only have the Aircraft/Airfields that are available. They don't need Squadrons to do all of what they wish to do,

10 hours ago, KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82 said:

The xy kg amount on this particular AF did not increased after map rotation.

Proposed so?

That can happen for a number of reasons:

• Someone else used bombs from the airfield you replenished
  • The supplies you provided were used for something else than bombs (region's ammo stores, repairs)
  • The airfield could not hold more bombs (no more hangars, other hangars unavailable because they need repairs)
  • If the region has two airfields, maybe your supplies were transferred to that airfield instead
  • The enemy bombed the airfield you resupplied, lowering its bomb reserves below what they were when the mission started
  • Thanks 1

56RAF_Roblex

Can someone explain how the  http://coconutside.eu:8083/?  page is supposed to be used?

I enter '56RAF_Roblex' and enter the pin I was given (which I have triple checked I am putting in correctly) and is just says 'Failed'      Is it broken or  am I doing something stupid?  Is it because I have only been able to fly once in the last few weeks and have not done a ferry flight yet so have no cash? The page does actually ask for 'password' so is the PIN for a different page?

I think it worked once then nothing after that.

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

On 13/05/2018 at 5:16 AM, No.85_Camm said:

SOW has gone to DCS. 

we used to ferry planes to our field .Make the numbers up .

KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82

Not sure, but maybe a bugreport:

I)

At 14.05. at ca. 23:55 CET I attacked in a Bf110 the soviet AF Kalach (2nd line soviet AF, so not under ground troop attack)

I made a bomb run approach on a hanger I think and got shortly after it a "friendly fire" message.

As I could recognize - no friendly plane was in the area (regarding shock wave or so).

II)

At 15.05. at ca. 12:00 - 14:00 CET (can not remember exactly) I attacked in a Ju87 the AF Zranynski (its pretty much changing the owner very often :) )

At two runs I bombed north-west of the AF near a forest some entrenched Tank. Bombs were on two attempts not exploding.

Is sabotage realistic implemented?

I am looking for some rope right now .... :dry:

Edited by KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82
afraid that I found some other bug

II./JG1_Lipfert

Kameraden,

Where does one find how much time is left in a mission now? Used to be Spectator "Escape" and it was listed, that's gone now?

S!

KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82

Hello,

thank you people in the 109's.

Today 15.05.18 at about 18:10 CET my wingman and me in 110's were asking for eskort. Our mission was to attack the enemy rear AF Kalach.

2x 109's were eskorting us from beginning on and 2x more were joining us just before the target area.

Hell, that was an awesome attack.

I think when I am back from holidays in few weeks, I have to upload this attack footage

Salut to all who fought with us there :salute:

• Upvote 1

You're very welcome :)!!! Lot of fun for me and my wingman too!!... Always more enjoyable to fly together... 

Really like the nice community very often found on this server... 

• Upvote 1

LeLv30_Redwing
3 hours ago, Banshee said:

You're very welcome :)!!! Lot of fun for me and my wingman too!!... Always more enjoyable to fly together... 

Really like the nice community very often found on this server... 

This is very true. For me this server and people who fly there is the closest experience to original IL-2.

And sometimes it´s just bloody cool just to fly next to somebody from around the world in beautiful scenery (Coconut; read Kuban :P) even without fighting. But then again,  how I miss the old days and coop-wars, where you made friends with bomber squads from some other country and did anything to get them back home safe..sight. Have to look for Kalle this Friday, if he needs company :salute:

• Upvote 2

II./JG1_Lipfert
On 5/15/2018 at 8:46 AM, II./JG1_Lipfert said:

Kameraden,

Where does one find how much time is left in a mission now? Used to be Spectator "Escape" and it was listed, that's gone now?

S!

Kameraden,

So I'm guessing Mission time is tied to the clock in the aircraft? Which does not match the briefing time?

Looks like the start time is just before sun up and at the three hour mark it's just past sun down. So 5am start and just after 7pm finish compressed time acceleration for three hours.

Server hosting time on the website is UTC? I ask because I'm trying to coordinate EU and NA squad members.

S!

KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82
4 hours ago, LeLv30_RedWing said:

This is very true. For me this server and people who fly there is the closest experience to original IL-2..................................................................................................................................... Have to look for Kalle this Friday, if he needs company :salute:

Well, "unfortunally" I am in very few days for over 2 weeks in holidays :)

But when I am back at the front - I will join the other "Knights of the Coconut" anyway again.

Have good flights guys!

Edited by KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82