Coconut's dynamic campaign hardcore and casual

coconut

Sorry to hear that Coconut - if you haven’t already, you may want to mention this in the Technical Issues and Bug Reports thread.  Maybe they can add the logging you need in a future patch. 

I've now written a post:

Feel free to show your support by saying in the thread above how important it is for you to keep that server and its campaign running. Politely and respectfully, of course.

Edited by coconut
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, coconut said:

important it is for you to keep that server and its campaign running. Politely and respectfully

+1

I flew yesterday in Coconut's Dynamic Campaign Expert and there was the GPS.
The BoX no longer has much server, in general terms, the community is small and of these few servers, a much smaller number are those who present an interesting proposal as Coconut's.
If such insertion was intentional, I as a BoX enthusiast, I would like to request the removal of the mentioned item in order to keep it as it was before the update.

3./JG15_Geist

I would also like to know if the server will go back to being as it was before with immersive navigation.

LLv34_Temuri
18 minutes ago, 3./JG15_HansPhilipp said:

I flew yesterday in Coconut's Dynamic Campaign Expert and there was the GPS.
The BoX no longer has much server, in general terms, the community is small and of these few servers, a much smaller number are those who present an interesting proposal as Coconut's.
If such insertion was intentional, I as a BoX enthusiast, I would like to request the removal of the mentioned item in order to keep it as it was before the update.

The GPS getting added unintentionally is a bug.

18 hours ago, coconut said:

Loadout information was removed from the logs in 3.001, which breaks my campaign badly. I know how many bombs people take, but not how big they are. This makes it hard to keep track of how much "bomb weight" is available at each airfield. Feeling pretty discouraged, to be honest. For now I'll just put in an ugly hack, I'll have to rethink a couple of things.

Salutations,

This is obviously frustrating for you Coconut. It is indeed problematic to provide game servers and other assets when said game necessarily keeps changing. I trust you will get everything straightened out. 

I appreciate your outstanding server and all of your efforts. :salute:

VBF-12_Stick-95

I flew a sortie last night.  It was just your run of the mill fighter sweep on the Stalingrad map, nothing special, except it was with 3.001 and was fantastic just taking in the scenery.  Thanks for the server!

II./JG27_Rich
18 hours ago, coconut said:

I've now written a post:

Feel free to show your support by saying in the thread above how important it is for you to keep that server and its campaign running. Politely and respectfully, of course.

Yes keep it going Coconut. It's well worth it. I have only just started but I can tell I will like it.:salute:

Edited by II./JG27_Rich

=LD=Hethwill

Keep it rolling. Tried a fast sortie yesterday to test the performance. Fairly good.

Stats is okay but as long as the dynamic side of things keep working all good.

Temporary fix with storage subtracted by "average tonnage" of plane model and everything should be good until final fix.

Maybe some more patreons would be helpful as well ;) 

Edited by =LD=Hethwill

II./JG1_Lipfert
21 hours ago, coconut said:

Loadout information was removed from the logs in 3.001, which breaks my campaign badly. I know how many bombs people take, but not how big they are. This makes it hard to keep track of how much "bomb weight" is available at each airfield. Feeling pretty discouraged, to be honest. For now I'll just put in an ugly hack, I'll have to rethink a couple of things.

Coconut,

Really sorry to hear that, for what it's worth JG1 is appreciative of the hard work you've put into this and we'll stay tuned to see what you come up with next. It's a great concept and was enjoyed by all of us.

S!

For what it's worth i enjoyed the missions. I have only tried Normal ( eye's aren't as good as they used to be ). I really liked how you set them up and playing from Australia didn't experince any problems. Keep up the good work and hope to see your server back up and running soon. 

I hope you are able to sort out your problems with the servers very soon. I have to say that (in my opinion) they are the best servers on IL2.

No.85_Camm

Yeah me too, best server, great dynamic missions. I need the Coco Normal server, complex engine management + icons, as I cant identify anything smaller than a He111 in VR and with my eyes!

• Upvote 1

JG00tailwheel
On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:14 PM, SvAF/F19_Klunk said:

Just Wanted to swoop down and let you guys who pass by what an absolutely Awesome server this is (expert)...

In my view... been on a hiatus for awhile.... this is by Far the most versitile, focused, mission/target oriented server around.....

I pretty much nodded in agreement at each and every point of design philosphy listed in the server docs . and as far as I have seen, these points have been implemented very well. I am sure it’s an ongoing work with tweaks and such.

Many thanx for running this server... it’s definately a Fresh Breath of air!

oh btw... an excerpt from the server documentation; ”...but in the end it’s clear this will never be a large-population server.”

I truly believe this is  not true. We have a cr@p load of seasoned pilots/players around who I am sure have been longing for a server with this ... shall we say ”point of view”... they just need to find their way....

Still I appreciate that it is not the server’s Goal to be a large population server, and I absolutely agree. With a well balanced presence of AI’s, and Objectives with a Purpose  - Great fun can be had without a sh•t load of players.

I had an absolutely Blast with night time/early morning raids yesterday evening with some fellow squad mates... been awhile since I felt such a rush and a sensation of something... different and on the spot.

cheers

da klunk

if it means that if it's not a large population server will limit population to non team killers, and people who actually play the game as a strategic+tactical sim... quality over quantity...

I think this is one of the most fun servers I've tried.

[me: gps=off, tech tips=off, icons=off, ... always]

Edited by Tailwheelbrownbear
  • Like 2

KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82

Hello Coconut,

nice front actions as always.

But one question is appearing.

Why all custom camos are not possible to choose?

Its been disabled/locked.

Earlier before the update it was possible to take.

1 hour ago, KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82 said:

Hello Coconut,

nice front actions as always.

But one question is appearing.

Why all custom camos are not possible to choose?

Its been disabled/locked.

Earlier before the update it was possible to take.

That's not Coconuts fault, another bug with the new update, click on another field, pick the same plane, look at skins, go back to the first field and skins, loadouts will work as they should.  We will have to do this until the developers fix it.

Edited by 19//Hoss
brain fart
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

WithStrangeAeons

Hey guys, I just realized that I posted this in the Discord chat, but not here.

Since people seem to want to group up and seem to be missing others, I've been investigating timezones of the server/Discord population.

https://www.strawpoll.me/15338738

(View of timezones: Standard_World_Time_Zones.png)

Please note that if you have already responded to this link through Discord, you do not need to respond again.

Unsurprisingly, users seem to be clustered in the Americas (UTC -7 to UTC-5) and Europe/Africa (UTC-1 to UTC+1), with some surrounding timezones having a few members as well. This is purely location, and not available play hours. If people are interested, we could organize a community night or two to help interested pilots get into wings. I may do another set of straw polls for determining the best weekdays and times to group up.

Feel free to post any thoughts.

Edited by WithStrangeAeons
Capitalization, timezones
  • Upvote 1

You are likely missing the Russian community. I'm not sure how much plays on my servers, but it's not zero. I don't think there's more than a handful on the discord.

SCG_Fenris_Wolf
On 21.3.2018 at 10:48 PM, Mudguts said:

Yeah me too, best server, great dynamic missions. I need the Coco Normal server, complex engine management + icons, as I cant identify anything smaller than a He111 in VR and with my eyes!

That's no problem, go to the VR section and install lefuneste's mod for proper zoom. Then you can id targets from long range, like a monitor user with max zoom. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/15/2018 at 3:25 PM, coconut said:

Would a possible workaround be to restrict loadouts to a single bomb size, say 250kg (or the closest size to this based on what was available)?  At least until you have the issue of reporting  the size of the bomb resolved.

On 3/28/2018 at 8:26 AM, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

That's no problem, go to the VR section and install lefuneste's mod for proper zoom. Then you can id targets from long range, like a monitor user with max zoom. 

Hey thanks for that Fenris, I will try that out!

Hey Coconut, or anyone, is there any reason there are no MiG3's in the missions? As there are other BoM planes in the mix?

• Like 2

Hello Coconut,

Regarding the above post.....will you also be including the A20, please?

I note that today, there are only 42 pilots listed on the Normal server.

Perhaps one reason for that is that one pilot (obviously a very good one) has been spawned in continuously since 04:29 on the 1 April until now (10:30). ...How is that possible when he has only flown for a little over 20 hours?

Perhaps his presence is enough to put off a lot of players, particularly the players that aren't all that experienced (such as myself)???????

Love the Server though and......I hope you get the problems sorted since 3.001 was introduced

Edited by No.85_Camm
misspelling

13 hours ago, Mudguts said:

Hey Coconut, or anyone, is there any reason there are no MiG3's in the missions? As there are other BoM planes in the mix?

It's in the Moscow campaigns.

7 hours ago, No.85_Camm said:

Regarding the above post.....will you also be including the A20, please?

Yes, but I need to fix my Kuban campaign and the way it uses ships first. Also, there is currently a problem where the A20 disappears at certain distances.

7 hours ago, No.85_Camm said:

I note that today, there are only 42 pilots listed on the Normal server.

Perhaps one reason for that is that one pilot (obviously a very good one) has been spawned in continuously since 04:29 on the 1 April until now (10:30). ...How is that possible when he has only flown for a little over 20 hours?

Perhaps his presence is enough to put off a lot of players, particularly the players that aren't all that experienced (such as myself)???????

I don't understand what you are trying to say. You mean someone is cheating?

5 hours ago, coconut said:

It's in the Moscow campaigns.

Ah okay great, thanks. 

- People we need more reds, we got totally blitzed in a couple of days!

• Like 1

No Coconut, I am not saying anyone is cheating.......however, when a pilot is capable of operating on an 'Expert' level'....yet flying on the Normal level, it can be de-moralising for a less experienced pilot to have the same pilot on who is 'ever present' no matter when or where one spawns in. I'm just thinking of Fair play.

Played for the first time here after being alerted to its existence by a friend. Didn't see any action but I did ferry a plane up to the front lines. 

Reading the manual and these comments, it occurs to me you haven't just created a campaign...you've created a combat ecosystem which is super cool. 

13 hours ago, Mudguts said:

- People we need more reds, we got totally blitzed in a couple of days!

I'll be up for that, as and when I can get my system to run smooth with clouds...and I doubt if that will happen on the Kuban

Hi I have been flying on your Normal server now for about Four months with 85 Squadron we are learning the ropes on Battle of Moscow/Stalingrad/Cuban, after flying exclusively just on Cliffs for a number of years and we found this campaign sever and found it was the ideal platform for us to use to transit from new pilots on this sim to expert and be good enough to fly the expert servers later. we have had a blast on your normal server and I have now started to dip my toes into the expert servers. we love the campaign's and the way you have set them up we like the strategic element to it, I understand you are having problems since the patch with the campaign not saving data. the other problem I see is the campaign is not ending when the map is clearly lost i.e. like this Easter weekend when the Russian side was down to two airfields and was constantly camped in by German pilots so nobody could get off the ground now this is a risk I don't mind taking when the map has more airfields but when the map is clearly lost 3 days prior it makes sense to end the map then to keep both sides happy and flying rather than have them log in to see the airfields camped then drift of to other servers maybe to never come back again. the other problem I saw this weekend was that one German pilot was dominating the server every day all over the Easter weekend he was never off I don't know how he could sit there 24 hours a day but he did. and he was camping the airfields no mater what time of day or night if I logged in he was there and if I spawned in he would be shooting me up on the runway in short order and this sort of behaviour I find of putting and I am sure a lot of less experienced pilots would to. now if you could make it so the campaign ended when one side was down to a situation like it was this weekend and the map is clearly lost it would go a good distance to end such behaviour, as would adding the penalty of loosing your virtual life if you combat log as some players are doing to pad there stats.

apart from that we are having a blast keep up the good work and 85 Squadron is looking forward to you adding the new aircraft in the future .

p.s I have been trying to promote your servers on my YouTube Chanel for the past Four Months. 

SCG_OpticFlow
6 hours ago, No_85_Hawker said:

Hi I have been flying on your Normal server now for about Four months with 85 Squadron we are learning the ropes on Battle of Moscow/Stalingrad/Cuban, after flying exclusively just on Cliffs for a number of years and we found this campaign sever and found it was the ideal platform for us to use to transit from new pilots on this sim to expert and be good enough to fly the expert servers later. we have had a blast on your normal server and I have now started to dip my toes into the expert servers. we love the campaign's and the way you have set them up we like the strategic element to it, I understand you are having problems since the patch with the campaign not saving data. the other problem I see is the campaign is not ending when the map is clearly lost i.e. like this Easter weekend when the Russian side was down to two airfields and was constantly camped in by German pilots so nobody could get off the ground now this is a risk I don't mind taking when the map has more airfields but when the map is clearly lost 3 days prior it makes sense to end the map then to keep both sides happy and flying rather than have them log in to see the airfields camped then drift of to other servers maybe to never come back again. the other problem I saw this weekend was that one German pilot was dominating the server every day all over the Easter weekend he was never off I don't know how he could sit there 24 hours a day but he did. and he was camping the airfields no mater what time of day or night if I logged in he was there and if I spawned in he would be shooting me up on the runway in short order and this sort of behaviour I find of putting and I am sure a lot of less experienced pilots would to. now if you could make it so the campaign ended when one side was down to a situation like it was this weekend and the map is clearly lost it would go a good distance to end such behaviour, as would adding the penalty of loosing your virtual life if you combat log as some players are doing to pad there stats.

apart from that we are having a blast keep up the good work and 85 Squadron is looking forward to you adding the new aircraft in the future .

p.s I have been trying to promote your servers on my YouTube Chanel for the past Four Months. 

Who is that mythical german pilot?

• Like 1

Hey Coconut,

not sure it has been reported before, but are you aware that recording is no longer working on your server. if i try to launch the recording i get a black screen and that's it. i think the same was reported from Finnish Virpil server. On WoL it is working.

Edited by RedPaulshow2
Expert server!

21 hours ago, OpticFlow said:

Who is that mythical german pilot?

LOL, we know who it is:ph34r:. It's the same German ace as always no need to mention names.

I understand what no.85_camm and No_85_Hawker is saying(felt the same way about the same pilot but then reflected upon it, he's a nice guy who even salutes you back after your'e untimely demise. It's just that he's an ace, i got over it so i'm sure others can too)but i don't think the normal server was intended as a beginners server i just think it's intended for people who prefer having the icons(maybe eyesight issues).

And the pilot in question is just a very good german ace pilot who enjoys to fly on Coconuts normal server, nothing wrong with that. What would you do if you where above average skill wise, let the other players win?

We do have other options wich are my goto sanctuaries when i've had enough of getting killed. New Wings wargrounds is one, The unprofessionals is another. Oh and Menacing Ferrets too, the german ace does as far as i know not loiter there.

I'm usually just coop'ing with a couple friends on a private during the weekends, if anyone want to play with us(friendly mature ppl)shout out. We got some training maps and Coconut Missions running.

• SYN_Haashashin pinned this topic