Jason_Williams

Discussion of Bodenplatte, Flying Circus and Tank Crew Announcement...

Great news! Not what I was expecting but this is awesome. Can't wait for the Jug! Although not a big deal the name is a little clumsy. How bout Battle over the Siegfried Line?

Move your cursor over Jason's name above his avatar...when the box appears click on Find Content...then when that page opens up, check Only Posts and you'll find Jason's answer in there somewhere. Not trying to be snarky, simply trying to help you find stuff on you own.

Edit: The post I'm thinking of is currently the third post down from the top...post #533808

Thanks busdriver, I appreciate the tip.

Flyby out

I’d prefer if the full title was: “Battle of Operation Bodenplatte - In Enemy Sights”

Although, that would be “boobies” for short.... :/

• Upvote 13

Apologies if this is anywhere else in the thread, but do we know which block the thunderbolt and mustang are?

Not at this time that I am aware of.  We do know they are the D models.

• Upvote 1

Jason already said that the abbreviation is BOBP... - Let us just stick to that for simplicity's sake.

Not at this time that I am aware of.  We do know they are the D models.

hm, well I'd like to know more information on these two before I buy.

I'd especially like to know if are getting a razorback or bubble canopy Thunderbolt. 

I’d prefer if the full title was: “Battle of Operation Bodenplatte - In Enemy Sights”

Although, that would be “boobies” for short.... :/

I like it!

Jason already said that the abbreviation is BOBP... - Let us just stick to that for simplicity's sake.

My friend I understand your sentiment, but in a squadron a person doesn't get to give himself a "callsign." It is bestowed upon him, the harder they resist...the worse it gets for them. It is what it is. I'm sticking with BoBo. 

• Upvote 3

My friend I understand your sentiment, but in a squadron a person doesn't get to give himself a "callsign." It is bestowed upon him, the harder they resist...the worse it gets for them. It is what it is. I'm sticking with BoBo.

Yes, that's how my buddy got "nipples". He resisted, so it stuck.

• Upvote 1

exactly!

hm, well I'd like to know more information on these two before I buy.

I'd especially like to know if are getting a razorback or bubble canopy Thunderbolt. 

.I'm pretty sure it will be a bubble top, a razorback would be cool but I'd prefer a bubbletop first hopefully we get the D-30.

Wow that was quite an announcement, I'm blown away!

Preordered and thanks for an amazing sim :salute:

I'll definitely get the Tank Sim and ROF II as well

1945 would be a bit late for a razorback wouldn't it?

this late in the war I'd say yes but I know in early 44 they still used them. I wouldn't mind having one as a premium or something or for a mid war timeframe like 43 or early 44.

this late in the war I'd say yes but I know in early 44 they still used them. I wouldn't mind having one as a premium or something or for a mid war timeframe like 43 or early 44.

They used razorbacks into 45, same with the B/C mustangs.

Why not just!

IL2 BAS      Battle for Air Superiority (Operation BadenPlatte)

Or

IL2 BOE     Battle(s) Over Europe (Operation BasePlate)

At least with the latter one it can be used under the Great Battles banner that Jason mentioned in his announcement and any additional Operations over Europe could be captured under one main title instead of having to keep thinking up new titles all of the time!?

Just a thought!

An interesting read http://donhollway.com/bodenplatte/

You can click the small aircraft under the tail strips section to read about their involvement!!

Edited by Haza

This is amazing. I so want the FW 190 A8 with MW50 system! FW190 A8, the most common of any Focke Wulf, with over 6500 units built!

Also, we will get the "Sturmbock" version, which was over a the 1000 units of A8! For example, 2x MG131, 2x MG151 20E, and 2x MG108 with 55 rounds each in the wingroots. That's the R2 version. 

Or the real Sturmbock, R8: Additional plates at the side for the pilot, armored 30mm glass to the side, armored glass to the front-side windows as well, 2x MG131 removed for less weight, 2x MG151 20E in wing roots, 2x MK108 55-rounds per gun in each wing.

fw190a832bg_28.jpg

CXbYxsuUEAAIPGP.jpg

Can fly on TAW with that and survive, survive, survive, survive...  :fly:

What the hell would you want that for?  There aren't going to be any 'heavies' to attack and the thing would be next to useless in any sort of DF.  

• Upvote 1

I'd been thinking of it as Boden, but that works just as well.

What the hell would you want that for? There aren't going to be any 'heavies' to attack and the thing would be next to useless in any sort of DF.

Options. And survival when striking ground targets, it protected the pilot and R2 as well as R8 actually was one of or even the most common of field kits.

Furthermore, I firmly believe the Allies will get at least one iconic bomber as a collector aircraft anyway, and that the field kits help attacking airfields! Operation Bodenplatte!

Edited by 2./JG51_Fenris_Wolf
  • Upvote 1

Really looking forward to IL2 Bodenplatte. And I am particularly fond of the announced Tank Crew!

This is amazing. I so want the FW 190 A8 with MW50 system! FW190 A8, the most common of any Focke Wulf, with over 6500 units built!

Not to ruin your dream, but no Fw 190 A-8 used MW-50 operationally. In 1944 BMW managed to raise boost levels to 1.58ata in 1st gear and 1.65ata in 2nd gear (for 10 minutes but without any fuel or additive injection) simply by refining the engine here and there, but MW-50 never made it beyond the planning or testing stage. Now if you had talked about aircraft with Jumo 213, DB 605 or 603 ...

Edited by csThor
  • Upvote 1

I like how the Developers/our Producer was into finding the most attractively identifying setting for the potentially biggest audience, without excluding Europeans - very good move. I'm looking forward to Operation Bodenplatte!

Regarding aircraft choices and similar Bf109s: The Bf 109 G-14 is very much a G-6 - only slightly bigger rudder and elevator, as well as standardized MW-50 boost for engine. That said, it's really a very similar aircraft.

I would love to see the Macchi MC.205 replace the Bf109 G-14.

The frame is very similar to the Macchi 202, like the G-14 is to the G-6. Not much modeling work involved! The 205 is like a powerful Macchi 202 with 1475PS for up to 5 minutes at sealevel (!), with 2x 12,7mm Bredas, and 2x 20mm MG151/20 in the wings. It can carry 2x 160kg bombs beneath the wings as well.

My wallet is $99 USD lighter now - I got La-5FN and G-6 as well. Marsh marsh v perod, developers! :salute:

This is a solid idea, there are far too many 109s already so the G-14 could go and no-one would notice. The MC205 is a beautiful aircraft and every bit as capable.

Or, replace it with the Me-410 so the Luftwaffe have a multi-engine zerstorer/fast bomber.

Maybe get really controversial and get rid of what will be the third Fw-190A we're getting and have a Ju-88C as well...

There's nothing in the Allied planeset that can be replaced as easily, but I'm disappointed by the lack of a Mosquito. And to a lesser extent, Typhoon. But mostly a Mossie for a twin-engined fast bomber for allies.

At very least, I hope we'll see an A-20G variant.

1945 would be a bit late for a razorback wouldn't it?

1945 seems a bit late for a Spit LF mk IX too, so maybe we'll get it. I can't help but think the razorbacks look far cooler and much more aggressive.

Although, I'd rather have a Spit mk XIV...

Preordered all!... Thanks for the hard works and all the improvements from last years...and can't wait for the future...

We will "scratch flat tops" another time!!...

Why not just!

Or

At least with the latter one it can be used under the Great Battles banner that Jason mentioned in his announcement and any additional Operations over Europe could be captured under one main title instead of having to keep thinking up new titles all of the time!?

Just a thought!

An interesting read http://donhollway.com/bodenplatte/

You can click the small aircraft under the tail strips section to read about their involvement!!

how about IL-2: Battle of the Lowlands - IL-2 Boll which is kinda nice because a Bollwerk, is a fortification!

There goes another 99.97 USD. Keep up the good work guys and please don't forget about the Pacific in the future.

Why not just!

Or

Just a thought

Some other tips:

IL2 BOLE     Battle of Last Eagles (Operation BodenPlatte)

IL2 TOF     Twilight of Fighters (Operation BodenPlatte)
Edited by tapi

"BoBo" sounds like a game played in kindergarten. Of course it's just a personal opinion.

its an opinion I share

I should never have started calling it 'BoBo'.  :fool: :fool: :fool:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/32255-discussion-bodenplatte-flying-circus-and-tank-crew-announcem/page-11?do=findComment&comment=533783

In my country Bobo is a todler's magazine by the way. :biggrin:

bobo-4-2017-2018.jpg

This is a solid idea, there are far too many 109s already so the G-14 could go and no-one would notice. The MC205 is a beautiful aircraft and every bit as capable.

Or, replace it with the Me-410 so the Luftwaffe have a multi-engine zerstorer/fast bomber.

Maybe get really controversial and get rid of what will be the third Fw-190A we're getting and have a Ju-88C as well...

There's nothing in the Allied planeset that can be replaced as easily, but I'm disappointed by the lack of a Mosquito. And to a lesser extent, Typhoon. But mostly a Mossie for a twin-engined fast bomber for allies.

At very least, I hope we'll see an A-20G variant.

1945 seems a bit late for a Spit LF mk IX too, so maybe we'll get it. I can't help but think the razorbacks look far cooler and much more aggressive.

Although, I'd rather have a Spit mk XIV...

About the great MC 205 I hope to see it with the G55 in a future in a new BOX,maybe BoI (Battle of Italy).

Could be really nice to see allies starting from bases placed in north Afrika to make raids on Italy by B17 and B24..

We need to make it sound more attractive to the younger hipster crowd.

Boden P. Latte

Mweh, can't stand the dull girly hipster stuff.

Let's switch to rap style then:

B. Oden featuring Plat T.

• Upvote 1

New scenario from western front with new planes? New updates of RoF? Guys, you're really awesome!

About the great MC 205 I hope to see it with the G55 in a future in a new BOX,maybe BoI (Battle of Italy).

Could be really nice to see allies starting from bases placed in north Afrika to make raids on Italy by B17 and B24..

Italy is probably the theatre I'd most like to see, if I'm honest. Enough variety that it should suit everyone.

The Axis planeset could have the serie 5 fighters (G55, MC205 and Re2005) as well as maybe a Sparviero for level and torpedo bombing.

We have enough German aircraft that can also fit the Italian theatre so give the home team the advantage and fill the set with the best Italian aircraft of the war.

As for the Allies... infinite choices really, but now we have the BoBo set as well as the Spit Vb and Kittyhawk there's room for other less obvious choices such as the Beaufighter, Maryland and Hurricane.

Or, go for carriers and add the Seafire LF mk III and Fairey Firefly. And anyone who is enjoying the Po-2 by then should have fun with the Fairey Swordfish.

Two birds with one stone... new Axis aircraft including some hot-rod fighters by a country known for designing flying sports cars, and carrier operations for all those who feel that Bodenplatte is too landlocked. And a more effective way to bridge the gap to the Pacific for the future.

Italy provides fighter duels, close air support, tactical strike and bombing, carrier ops, beach landings, photo-recon missions, bomber interception, dynamic front lines and a lot of action for the tank drivers we'll have amongst us by then.

What's not to like?

• Upvote 2