Jason_Williams

Discussion of Bodenplatte, Flying Circus and Tank Crew Announcement...

Everyone,

You can discuss today's big announcement in this thread. Discussion of the delayed Pacific project will be conducted in another thread. Please hold you comments on that subject until then and do not discuss that in this thread. Comments about the PTO will be deleted in this thread. Please keep this civil and orderly.

I will be holding another question and answer session on TeamSpeak this weekend. Stay tuned for details.

Thank You! 

Jason

• Upvote 40

Absolutely speechless. 

I don't know how you guys manage it, the progress over the last few years has been incredible. 

I'm also very glad Rise of Flight fans will get some love!

• Upvote 3

All sounding great!

Really looking forward to flying ROF again as well once it is integrated and has VR support!!

Very glad to see it included in future plans!

Edited by dburne

While I had hoped for an earlier Pacific theatre.... *thumbs up* The announced planeset for BoBp will make many people quite interested for sure for specific reasons:) 

Any info on improvements on the mission builder and dedicated server toolset? I still often hear they're big turn-offs for server ops to join the bandwagon.

Edited by No.54Arglmauf
  • Upvote 1

Some really interesting and intruguing News. A bigger crew building planes sounds like a way to gear up.

Does this in any.... [removed my question as it had to do with Pac]

Edited by SvAF/F19_Klunk

What, Midway is delayed? Disappointin- wait... Me-262? Fw-190 D-9? P-51? RoF II? More tanks? Po-2? Bf-109 G-6 pre-orders open? Possible Li-2?

Screw it, Midway can wait! This is awesome!

Edited by FFS_Cybermat47
  • Upvote 13

Congratulations on the expanded range of releases.  The Bodenplatte package certainly comes as a surprise as I had been counting the months until the Pacific chapter began.  However the new and updated RoF will be very welcome.

Great new, but please don't call it Battle of Bodenplatte, for German speakers that sounds absolutely silly. (Bodenplatte = baseplate)

• Upvote 3

Wow! This is really surprising, and a lot to process.

I'm absolutely thrilled about most of the news. The fact that you're planning to pull RoF up to current standards is amazing news. Very, very positive.

Bodenplatte? I just didn't see this coming, don't really know what to say. Never really been a fan of late war European theater, but anything this team churns out is golden, so of course I'm on board. I kinda get the feeling, that you're taking, what DCS WW2 was supposed to be and doing it right. An Ardennes map should be something to behold, definitely looking forward to that.

A fully fledged tank sim in the same sim? That's a dream come true for me. I have been waiting for a good WW2 tank sim for God knows how long. Will the Prokhorovka map be possible to fly on as well? I realize it's only 100x100km, but still.

The Po-2 looks so damn cute, you just wanna pinch its cheek and jump right in and fly away (very very slowly)

Exciting times ahead. I hope the delay of the Pacific won't cause too much of a backlash.

• Upvote 6

All three options purchased ...

The continuing support for VR is extremely welcome. I've never seen a more literally accurate 'game-changer'.

I hope it's understood how important the IL-2 series is to so many people when we have now paid money for TWO un-released variants. Keep up the great work and thanks!

• Upvote 2

I'm nearly weeping tears of joy.... Really! OMG!!

First of all, I hope that Pacific is delayed and not canceled at all. I would really really love to go there one day. But maybe it proved to be too difficult, to gather all the needed informations, to build the Japanese aircraft properly.

Bodenplatte has just such an outstanding awesome planeset... It's mind blowing. I can't believe, that we're going to fly Doras, Kurfürst, Tempests, Lightnings, Mustangs and Thunderbolts in this sim, that is simply second to none.

But what really brought me close to weeping, is the fact, that RoF is NOT DEAD and is heading for a bright future...

I'm so overall excited and enthusiastic...

Edited by Blooddawn1942
  • Upvote 3

"Unternehmen Bodenplatte" was the actual name of an attack on allied airfields on new years day 1945.

Great news. I strongly hope the B 25 will not stay AI or there will be a collector B 26 though.

Edited by [DBS]El_Marta
  • Upvote 2

Wow. I will live in the p47. Thought this would be years in the future. P38 in 2018? WHUT

This news sounds too big.

Really great news about a Western Front Battle. Would have loved the B-17 to be in the list, but the other aircraft more than make up for it.

And the tank game looks intriguing.....

Wow, very ambitious! I'm a big fan of your work, guys. For example, your VR implementation is best in class. I just pre-ordered Bodenplatte but I'm also looking forward to WW1, the work on ROF certainly deserves a refresh. As for the Tank simulator - can't wait to see how you do that :)

Awesome news !!! That Bodenplatte sequel will be a huge blast !!!

My wallet feels like a $100 lighter now  :biggrin:

Edited by F/JG300_Gruber
  • Upvote 2

finally my focke wulf dora, I am going to cry, buying the game the next month with all the DLC and collector planes, I want you success in all to finally have a replacement of the old il2 1946

Great new, but please don't call it Battle of Bodenplatte, for German speakers that sounds absolutely silly. (Bodenplatte = baseplate)

Yes. 'Operation Baseplate' is far better.

IL-2 Operation Baseplate

• Upvote 1

A P-38 at BOX level of detail. How freaking gorgeous is that going to be! :cool:

For my part, I have no problem staying in Europe and skipping the Pacific. The plane set offered in the announcement looks fantastic.

Going to do some ordering when home from work.

• Upvote 1

What a deception, very sad.

May we know why there is no Pacific battle ?

Edited by PatCartier

Yes I too am somewhat dissappointed in the Pacific being postponed, but also at the same time still very exciting about what is coming and it is nice to see such long term plans for the series!

Fabulous! Bodenplatte will be brilliant, and RoF II! So happy right now.

Jason, could you give us a bit of explanations about why the PTO has been delayed ? I'm not a huge fan of it but some are and think might be disapointed about the announcement.

I’m a bit disappointed, but don’t worry - my excitement for the Me-262 far outweighs any negatives.

Besides, this way, they have more time to get the PTO right :biggrin:

This team is going from strength to strength IMO.

Edited by FFS_Cybermat47
  • Upvote 2

Bodenplatte?! That is a lot of new planes! All the RAF and USAAF plus many new Lufwaffe ones. And a map of Part of Holland, All Belgium, part of France and Germany with on it a lot of cities, rivers, railways, roads, bridge,etc....

On the plus side more or less flat terrain frome zero to 800 meters altitudes.

Courage. A wonderful Idea, I aplaud with hands and feet. Once more   thanks. :salute: 

​Sorry the ME-262 did not participate to Bodenplatte. 

http://military.wikia.com/wiki/Operation_Bodenplatte

Edited by senseispcc