=LG=Kathon

TAW - bugs, errors and problems

Unfortunately DServer.exe crashes very often lately and I have no idea why. I try to restart the server as soon as possible.

Just an idea. Can you script to restart the server after each maproll? Maybe the .exe crashes less often?!

Just an idea. Can you script to restart the server after each maproll? Maybe the .exe crashes less often?!

Yeah Coconut did say he restarts his server every 4 maps. Since most people get kicked on map roll anyway, restarting each roll wouldn't be a big deal for players.

Yes, this is what I'm currently working on. I hope it will help.

Let us know if it helps. We haven't implemented the restart, since it seems the dserver can crash even when it's been running only for about two minutes.

The TAW Mission Planner map clickable from TAW web page displays two times too short distances and thus two times too short flight times on the Kuban map, which is currently on the roll right now as we speak.
I haven't witnessed the same 2x compression on the other maps like Stalingrad or Moscow.

I hope you will investigate this issue and find some remedy. Thank you. :)

• Upvote 1

The TAW Mission Planner map clickable from TAW web page displays two times too short distances and thus two times too short flight times on the Kuban map, which is currently on the roll right now as we speak.

I haven't witnessed the same 2x compression on the other maps like Stalingrad or Moscow.

I hope you will investigate this issue and find some remedy. Thank you. :)

Hi Damixu, yes we're aware of the problem and I believe I know the solution. I just haven't had a chance to fix it yet.

FYI- The "distance bug" in il2missionplanner + TAW integration has been fixed... please continue to report bugs, and happy navigating   :salute: 

PS: If you still see the bug, do a forced refresh of il2missionplanner.com in your browser. This is Ctrl+Shift+R or Cmd+R in Chrome, for example. It should visibly refresh the page.

Edited by 19//curiousGamblerr
  • Upvote 1

The combat missions staying 3/3 when aircraft pool is full has a little bug. I bailed from a plane and it didn’t resupply that aircraft, just stayed 3/3. Next sortie I was killed and combat missions reset to 0, lost the 3/3.

The combat missions staying 3/3 when aircraft pool is full has a little bug. I bailed from a plane and it didn’t resupply that aircraft, just stayed 3/3. Next sortie I was killed and combat missions reset to 0, lost the 3/3.

You are right, one aircraft should have been added to your hangar after you bailed out, there is a bug. Now this happens (new aircraft by CM) only if you get CM after your sortie and hangar is not full. I added this to my to-do list.

If you die or are captured then CM is reset to 0.

You are right, one aircraft should have been added to your hangar after you bailed out, there is a bug. Now this happens (new aircraft by CM) only if you get CM after your sortie and hangar is not full. I added this to my to-do list.

If you die or are captured then CM is reset to 0.

Figured it was a bug. As it is now, 4/3 CM = a new aircraft? I knew my CM would reset to 0 when I died, just made me laugh when I had 3/3 CM after 2 bails and then I got killed, leaving me with nothing. Thanks for looking into it. Edited by HenHawk

Hello, My Username is Ala13_ECharlie. Last week I created a new user so that my son could play without hurting my squad. Today I tried to log in with the user of Ala13_ECharlie but the following error appears. "Password or user name does not match". Maybe the error was that the new user that I created, I also did it on the Axis side. I tried to ask for a new password, but it does not work. Can someone help me?

Thank you

Hello, My Username is Ala13_ECharlie. Last week I created a new user so that my son could play without hurting my squad. Today I tried to log in with the user of Ala13_ECharlie but the following error appears. "Password or user name does not match". Maybe the error was that the new user that I created, I also did it on the Axis side. I tried to ask for a new password, but it does not work. Can someone help me?
Thank you

There is no account Ala13_ECharlie on TAW at all, so you can't log in to it. Maybe you didn't create a new user but only changed name from Ala13_ECharlie to Tordo?

Due to the fact that the patch 3.001 is slightly delayed wouldn't be a good thing to increase for current map the victory conditions such as the number of pilots, planes, tanks so this maps lasts till the patch will be released?

It might be less work compared to changing of the plane set.

Due to the fact that the patch 3.001 is slightly delayed wouldn't be a good thing to increase for current map the victory conditions such as the number of pilots, planes, tanks so this maps lasts till the patch will be released?

It might be less work compared to changing of the plane set.

The planeset follows the old one if the patch doesn't drop intime

The planeset follows the old one if the patch doesn't drop intime

it would make many p40 drivers unhappy

Sorry. I have only just noticed that you have a separate thread for bug reporting

Posted 22 February 2018 - 18:54

Last night my squad were on TAW and we found a bug that I will post here because I am not sure if it is a general problem with the Kuban map or something accidentally added by TAW.

There are two deaths in the following short video.  You can ignore the first one as I was just showing my squad that Cinas death looks like it was actually AA even though it cannot be seen.  It is very short.  Look at the second section and watch the plane in the background collide with something invisible and unyielding and just disintegrate.   The location was 0318.

I have icons on so you can see there was no enemy nearby.  Also,  the way the aircraft just stops instantaneously and disintegrates shows it was not enemy action anyway.    Note: the aircraft in question is leaking fuel before it explodes but that is from damage taken 10.5 minutes earlier.   

Are the states working , I have no ground kills or air even though it happened . last two night on Kuban map .

On 24.02.2018 at 10:20 AM, 56RAF_Roblex said:

Sorry. I have only just noticed that you have a separate thread for bug reporting

Posted 22 February 2018 - 18:54

Last night my squad were on TAW and we found a bug that I will post here because I am not sure if it is a general problem with the Kuban map or something accidentally added by TAW.

There are two deaths in the following short video.  You can ignore the first one as I was just showing my squad that Cinas death looks like it was actually AA even though it cannot be seen.  It is very short.  Look at the second section and watch the plane in the background collide with something invisible and unyielding and just disintegrate.   The location was 0318.

I have icons on so you can see there was no enemy nearby.  Also,  the way the aircraft just stops instantaneously and disintegrates shows it was not enemy action anyway.    Note: the aircraft in question is leaking fuel before it explodes but that is from damage taken 10.5 minutes earlier.   

Nothing invisible was added on Kuban map. Maybe a map bug. I have no idea.

On 27.02.2018 at 2:40 AM, II./JG77_Con said:

Are the states working , I have no ground kills or air even though it happened . last two night on Kuban map .

This sortie: http://taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=76643&name=II./JG77_Con

The destruction of those tanks took place after your end of the sortie. So all your ground statistics were calculated before it. 

There is an issue concerning flight recordings of TAW missions since the Kuban update. My screen goes black after an unusually long loading screen. WoL has apparently found a way around this problem as WoL server missions play without a problem. I noticed the Coconut Expert server has the identical issue, at least on my PC, and Darbzy confirmed this on his PC as well. Would appreciate a fix so I can make a couple of youtube videos for Campaign 13. Thank You - - - -

I have a login problem. I think I've been assigned to the German side. I see my profile as a new pilot, no sorties as Soviet this campaign. Joining the server all  planes are locked out on the Soviet side, all bases.

I can jump over to the German side without a wait and the Stuka and He111 are available to choose.

Duh!! - I don't have the planes available (I guess I'll have to buy or wait for a later phase) but I shouldn't be able to join the German side and have them to fly as a Soviet pilot?

Edited by DD_Perfesser

Is there some kind of prioritization when you're login in the server depending your ping, connexion or whatever else ?

My ping is usually 90-100ms for TAW server.

Since the last campaign, I'm almost unable to play during evenings (European time). For example today I tried to connect maybe three hours ago during a restart of the map. first try, 8 players connected. I retried plenty of time, seeing the list getting full little by little. As the number reached +- 70, I joined 3 times the map menu, but without any airfield and I was kicked with error message "connexion lost". Then after 15min, of course the server was full.

-> Maybe it happens a lot to people far away from the server location, but as I mostly fly with people from Europe and I'm located in middle east, I'm always the one having the more troubles to join a busy TAW server...

I also remember from the last campaign that I tried for +- 1 hour to join. Each time somebody left, I tried. At the same time in our teamspeak everybody successfully joined in the usual few retries/5-10min. During 1 hour I failed joining EVEN after having deleted the mission files in mission/dogfight.

Do you have an idea how is working the joining of the server ? Is there another kind of file to clean from time to time ?

Sorry if it's not really clear, it's despair speaking ;) Any advice would be greatly appreciated !

Hello I have a question.

I lost my pilot stat during my last fly. I attacked two He111 and during the fight I lost my connection my box (internet router) crash. My pilot was OK and i just lost one elevetor. It is possible to recover my pilot ?

I don't wanna die I will survive :P

Edited by -IRRE-Simpel

Hello

Im getting kicked out from this server some minutes after I get in. I believe it's a ping issue, but not sure, for I can fly in other servers.

In order to try to sort this out I need the IP address of the server.

Can someone please post it?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Muas
I forgot to check for notifications

7 hours ago, Muas said:

Hello

Im getting kicked out from this server some minutes after I get in. I believe it's a ping issue, but not sure, for I can fly in other servers.

In order to try to sort this out I need the IP address of the server.

Can someone please post it?

Thanks in advance.

Did you register your in game name for this campaign? It will auto kick you if you’re not registered or you fly a plane/side that is not open for you.

HE111 TRANSPORT BUG

I see that i cant resuply an AF with the he 111, same is happening to some friends who tried it, we just do what the manual of the server main page says, "no bombs, no mods, %100 fuel" and using the he111 transport, but when we land we cant resuply the AF and later we check the stats and the AF we tried to resuply didnt got the supplies, one friend who used the ju52 told us that we need to open the cockpit and press B and thats it, but in the he111 we cant, just doing a 15mins flight to get the CM and nothing more, i saw some people doing tranport missions with the pe2, do they need to press anything after the landing?
P.S: We know that badly damaged AF cant get resuplied by air transport

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 3:38 PM, HenHawk said:

Did you register your in game name for this campaign? It will auto kick you if you’re not registered or you fly a plane/side that is not open for you.

Oops sorry my ignorance... was not registered... will try it now.

Thank you.

On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎18 at 12:57 AM, -IRRE-LeLong said:

Is there some kind of prioritization when you're login in the server depending your ping, connexion or whatever else ?

My ping is usually 90-100ms for TAW server.

Since the last campaign, I'm almost unable to play during evenings (European time). For example today I tried to connect maybe three hours ago during a restart of the map. first try, 8 players connected. I retried plenty of time, seeing the list getting full little by little. As the number reached +- 70, I joined 3 times the map menu, but without any airfield and I was kicked with error message "connexion lost". Then after 15min, of course the server was full.

-> Maybe it happens a lot to people far away from the server location, but as I mostly fly with people from Europe and I'm located in middle east, I'm always the one having the more troubles to join a busy TAW server...

I also remember from the last campaign that I tried for +- 1 hour to join. Each time somebody left, I tried. At the same time in our teamspeak everybody successfully joined in the usual few retries/5-10min. During 1 hour I failed joining EVEN after having deleted the mission files in mission/dogfight.

Do you have an idea how is working the joining of the server ? Is there another kind of file to clean from time to time ?

Sorry if it's not really clear, it's despair speaking ;) Any advice would be greatly appreciated !

There is no such parameter in DServer. Joining any server is strange, because first you download the map and then join the server and many times someone else may be faster and you are returned to the server list. I have no idea how to help you.

On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎20 at 6:19 PM, -IRRE-Simpel said:

Hello I have a question.

I lost my pilot stat during my last fly. I attacked two He111 and during the fight I lost my connection my box (internet router) crash. My pilot was OK and i just lost one elevetor. It is possible to recover my pilot ?

I don't wanna die I will survive :P

Sorry but no.

On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎01 at 4:31 AM, GOA_julian_vm1 said:

HE111 TRANSPORT BUG

I see that i cant resuply an AF with the he 111, same is happening to some friends who tried it, we just do what the manual of the server main page says, "no bombs, no mods, %100 fuel" and using the he111 transport, but when we land we cant resuply the AF and later we check the stats and the AF we tried to resuply didnt got the supplies, one friend who used the ju52 told us that we need to open the cockpit and press B and thats it, but in the he111 we cant, just doing a 15mins flight to get the CM and nothing more, i saw some people doing tranport missions with the pe2, do they need to press anything after the landing?
P.S: We know that badly damaged AF cant get resuplied by air transport

Nothing is needed after landing. Badly damaged AF can be resuplied by air transport. You can't take off from an airfield that is damaged more than 40%.

Can you provide sortie  (or mission numer) that you think transport mission didn't worked.

I dont know how many of you have this problem right now but I cant load into TAW,

its always a black screen

loading splash screen shows

red bar fills up

and then...

black screen

Trying to figure this out... I shot up a p39, watched it ditch into the ground, the stats says I hit it and the plane was destroyed... but no kill was awarded. Just curious as to what happened. Looks like the guy (that shoulder shot me lol) that hit him first, but did less damage also wasn’t given the kill:

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=48486&name=HenHawk

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=48469&name=DirtyRotnFlieger

Edit:

Stats aren’t counting some of the ground kills, either. Destroyed a static plane, counted it as “destroyed”, but did not count for the sorite:

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=48808&name=HenHawk

Edited by HenHawk

22 hours ago, HenHawk said:

Trying to figure this out... I shot up a p39, watched it ditch into the ground, the stats says I hit it and the plane was destroyed... but no kill was awarded. Just curious as to what happened. Looks like the guy (that shoulder shot me lol) that hit him first, but did less damage also wasn’t given the kill:

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=48486&name=HenHawk

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=48469&name=DirtyRotnFlieger

Same here.

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=50920&name=JG700_Rammjager

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=49986&name=JG700_Rammjager

In both I shoot down some A-20, game said that I got the kill, but no kill's in stats.

Ramm.

On Kuban Map #259 I flew over a random flak position with Kondor at 2000m and suddenly my pilot ejected and was captured. My eject button is on my keyboard and my hands were on my joystick and throttle and nowhere near the keyboard. My plane was listed as 1.00 damaged but I heard no flak hits before the ejection occurred, and no flak weapon is listed on the sortie page.

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=54960&name=StG77_HvB

Edited by StG77_HvB

This is a video of the above-described occurrence.

Edited by StG77_HvB

Just a FYI - I've noticed a few times that ditching on a runway is supposed to incur a -60 penalty; in reality the server is subtracting a -90 penalty.

On 7/9/2018 at 7:26 PM, StG77_HvB said:

Just a FYI - I've noticed a few times that ditching on a runway is supposed to incur a -60 penalty; in reality the server is subtracting a -90 penalty.

Actually, according to the manual, ditching is supposed to incur a -30 penalty, not -60. So if what you are saying is happening, you/we are being penalized 3x what we are supposed to be penalized!  It’s probably better (point-wise) to just bail!  Although you lose the aircryof course.

On 7/12/2018 at 2:04 PM, HenHawk said:

I’ve had a few sorties like this where I didn’t get credit for an air kill, even though server and sortie stats show it, plus I completed safe landing on friendly airfield:

Based on similar personal experience, my impression is, in addition to not getting kill credits following Killed/Captured/Disco,  you also don't get credit for any targets that expire after you land/ditch and exit the server. I don't understand the rationale behind that to be honest. Recently I hit a tank column, landed, exited, and came back in a few minutes later. I then got credit for a tank that blew up a couple of minutes after I came back in and was starting engines on the airfield. If I had not returned, I would have lost that kill, and that has happened a few times. What should we do, stay in the server for 10-15 minutes after the final mission just in case?

Edited by StG77_HvB

13 minutes ago, StG77_HvB said:

Based on similar personal experience, my impression is, in addition to not getting kill credits following Killed/Captured/Disco,  you also don't get credit for any targets that expire after you land/ditch and exit the server. I don't understand the rationale behind that to be honest. Recently I hit a tank column, landed, exited, and came back in a few minutes later. I then got credit for a tank that blew up a couple of minutes after I came back in and was starting engines on the airfield. If I had not returned, I would have lost that kill, and that has happened a few times.

Yeah, must be a consequence of how the script obtains the stats. End mission = all is lost. Seems it’s was my luck that day to get credit for that AK 1 second after I landed. I could have sworn in past campaigns I still got credit for AK/GK even after I landed, though?

Edited by HenHawk

Posted (edited)

Two things to report:

1- When you click on the " Login " button very often you get the error " 500 - Internal server error ". Internet browser used is Google Chrome. ( see file attached )

2- When you login and you select " Squad Profile " there is a spelling error in the orange button. It should be " Delete squadron members " while instead now it reports " Delete squadron memebrs " ( see file attached )

Server error 500.png

Spelling error.png

Edited by SKG210_Werner_Molders