=LG=Kathon

TAW - bugs, errors and problems

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=21081&name=[TWB]Elgonidas

My game crashed when the countdown to finish flight was at 0 seconds. Looks like this cost me a plane.

Edit: Did it cost me my streak (of only 1) as well, or did that happen somewhere else? I have an AK in mission #120, and a GK on the flight i disconnected.

edit: also, this aa stole my kill: http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=21227&name=The_Defixio

Bad luck :(

Kathon, is there any problem with karpovka AAA? Web says defense is good but not a gun fired at the 109.

Defense on web is related with AT guns  against tank convoy. You may assess AA on airfield by it's damage level. AA is generated on front line airfields. Airfields located farther (no info about damage at all)  have no AA. 

Nothing big just some odd garage stuff.

Did a not that great of a landing but did not damage the plane, still counted it as a emergency landing, how do you know which airfield that have the pedantic officers? :)

ditch20.jpg

You landed on no active airfield Lipovski (1415.3) which is very close to active Plesovskiy  in (1415.2). 

---------------

[TWB]AbortedMan what do you propose? Ban him? Who else? Where is the limit with AK?

[TWB]AbortedMan what do you propose? Ban him? Who else? Where is the limit with AK?

I don't want to simply ban people for doing well in the game. I do want to make people aware of the risks of online gaming and threats to fair play...this seems to be the challenging part as people simply don't want to believe because of their lack of knowledge on the subject.

I do know that the IL2 devs have had challenges prioritizing addressing existing online cheats and do not have an active way to detect and police the offenders...I'm not even confident that they have an effective passive way to detect unsanctioned changes as none of these cheats are committed to an account to be "checked". This is the part that people don't know or care to look into (for some strange reason). Surely as a server owner you must be aware or at least wary of the risk of hacking, yes? As a server owner what are your tools to deal with such instances? Do you have a clear resolution path or are you left to just suffer the problem of cheating because you can't 100% prove it without a doubt that people are cheating?

All I know is that all the difficulty settings you can set in a quick mission are available as options to switch on/off at will when joining an online server given the player has the correct basic tools and basic knowledge of those tools. I can only observe and be vigilant of the clear results and the clear symptoms. I cannot take an edited video as source of evidence citing no wrongdoing from the suspected offender as a valid form of resolution to this issue...and neither should anyone else if you're willing to think logically. Obviously blatant cheating like invulnerability would be ridiculous and too visible, but other things like padlock and icons aren't as obvious and easily hidden when being observed from the other side...affording almost no proof by any means other than from within the game code itself and the appropriate level of statistics on the leaderboard of someone that is alerted of everything in a 10km bubble around them.

Keeping this discussion alive will merit a response and action from the people that can actually do something about it. Hopefully something more than "We've specifically checked...<jedi handwave>" from a community manager without an explanation of what was done.

Should he be banned...my opinion? Yes. The things my group and I have witnessed on a daily basis along with the leader board numbers is proof enough for me. Mind you, this is not a personal vendetta against the guy. Aside from last night's events on the server where I got shot down by TPAKTOPUKT 3 times in a row, after this discussion started curiously enough, I barely ever saw him first-hand personally. I'm just calling it how I see it...and other people see it too. Statistical anomalies often have correlating explanations.

I already warned you yesterday.

6. It is forbidden to discuss the actions of moderators and administrators in any form on the forum. All questions are to be sent via "personal message" to the administrator/moderator.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/25544-taw-bugs-errors-and-problems/page-2?do=findComment&comment=399459

7. Comments containing profanity, personal insults, accusations of cheating, excessive rudeness, vulgarity, drug propaganda, political and religious discussion and propaganda, all manifestations of Nazism and racist statements, calls to overthrow governments by force, inciting ethnic hatred, humiliation of persons of a particular gender, sexual orientation or religion are not allowed and will result in a ban.

30 day ban on entry

Edited by BlackSix

Just for reference...there are entire non-invasive anti-cheat engines that are built solely based the statistics of a player based on the averages and algorithms for pattern recognition linked to cheating/hacking. Apparently this anti-cheat has received praise and is effective. Doesn't even require this magical 100% undeniable proof thing that everyone keeps waiting for to make an intelligent decision on who's hacking and who isn't.

https://www.gameblocks.com/products

Fairfight uses two overlapping and mutually supportive approaches to identify cheaters: algorithmic analysis of player statistics and server-side cheat detection. FairFight uses algorithmic models to evaluate gameplay against multiple statistical markers to identify cheating as it occurs. FairFight crosschecks these indicators using objective server-side reporting tools. It takes action when both approaches correlate to cheating - and because you establish FairFight's tolerances and the in-game actions to be taken against the hacker, you are in control of your game like never before.

Algorithmic Analysis of Player Statistics (AAPS) compares each player's game play statistics across an array of performance measures and compares them against averages derived from all of the gamers playing your game. FairFight uses the results of these comparisons to find statistical anomalies that correlate strongly to the use of cheats.

In order that highly skilled players are not erroneously flagged as cheats, FairFight uses Server Side Cheat Detection (SSCD) to cross-compare results. FairFight's SSCD monitors the game state in real time, scanning gameplay data of your choice for events and conditions which are not possible (or that are exceedingly improbable) to achieve without the use of hacks. For example, in a given first person shooter it may be impossible for a weapon to kill (or even hit) a player over 200 yards. When FairFight sees this occur it automatically records it as a validation of any anomalous AAPS findings. With the validation event in place, FairFight will take any number of actions that you have selected, and it will do so when you want it to (immediately, after a delay, player join . . . .) FairFight's combined AAPS and SSCD approaches offer the best cheat detection and suppression tool in the industry - and it functions in real-time.

The most popular anti-cheat programs operate like an antivirus program, searching each players' computer for known strings of hack code. Since these programs scan memory and other components of your customer's computer, they not only raise privacy and security concerns, but they are also constantly 'fighting the last war'. Hacks are always being written, hidden, rewritten, rehidden, and evolving in ways that make accurate forensic detection extremely difficult. Game publishers get mired in a never ending game of catch-up trying to discover the latest iteration of a hack, but never getting ahead of the hackers. Bottom line: the most popular anti-cheat programs just aren't that effective. Hackers can and do disrupt gameplay for hours, days and weeks on end, all the while destroying the gaming experience for honest players, damaging your brand and jeopardizing your revenue streams.

FairFight uses a different and, we believe, far better approach. FairFight receives game play data from the game server and focuses on the gameplay itself to determine if a player is cheating. Server Side Cheat Detection (SSCD) monitors in-game conditions and actions, while realtime Algorithmic Analysis of Player Statistics (AAPS) identifies statistically anomalous outcomes. When combined and cross-checked, FairFight's graduated punishment system suppresses and deters cheating using prompt and appropriate penalties.

Edited by [TWB]AbortedMan

Gents,

I deleted my post as on reflection I guess I cannot accuse players of just keeping things going for the sake of it when it is not in the interest of the community and then be hypocritical by doing the same.

Regards

Phil (Haza)

PS.  As only AbortedMan and myself where in this forum at the time, I'm assuming that he would have seen what I had written and like me would have realised that my post was pointless, hence why I have withdrawn it!

Edited by Haza

Gents,

Before I miss out has anybody opened a book yet on how long will it be before AbortedMan is banned and for how long?

Having accused a player of cheating on numerous occasions and on numerous other forums, he still continues to do so.  Surely this is in breach of Rules 6 and 9?

Having been advised by  Blacksmith that the so called  cheater has been checked for cheating and has requested that AbortedMan stops such statements, not only does he continue to call out this so called cheat, but then he has the audacity to questioned blacksmith  on this.  Surely Rule 6 again and Rule 7.

Now he is including a link advertising for anti-cheat software and advising the TAW guys that they perhaps would benefit from such software.  Rule 8?

In addition, having looked at the link, this anti-cheat service isn't free, so I'm left wondering who will pay for the anti-cheat software on the TAW server or can we get a discount as I'm sure the populated TWB server has the same software and perhaps both TWB and TAW can get a group discount!?

However, perhaps the winner of this book can contribute their winnings to the TAW management to purchase the software and thank AbortedMan for his efforts, even if he may not be able to play on the server.

Joking aside, I for one admire AbortedMan's passion and drive to get things done, even if it means breaking every rule to get what he wants.  Perhaps he might like to consider changing his name to "Duracell Bunny"  as he is still going! (Sorry not an intentional advert in  breach of Rule 8).

Regards

Haza

You severely misunderstand what's happening here. I'm having a discussion about the generalities of cheating and answering a question that Kathon asked me. Not even accusing tractordriver of cheating in my post.

Fairfight isn't something you just buy for your own server. It's something that's built into a game by the developer studio. I bring it up because it shows that anti-cheating can be achieved by analyzing player statistics...also because IL2:BoS/BoM has zero anti-cheat system in place. I'm not trying to sell or advertise it in any way (you can't just buy it as a consumer), just letting people know that this method of cheat prevention exists since everyone wants magical "proof" that they can't seem to describe. In various cases, statistics are enough.

I question BlackSix because transparency is vital to the validity of this topic...also, he's a community manager and probably not the guy that would be assigned to developing an anti-cheat solution, last I knew.

And if you're talking about following forum rules...you're implying I be banned because you don't want to agree with what I'm saying which is questioning/discussing moderator actions. Ironic.

Why the vitriol while I'm making an effort to make the game you bought and play safer from cheaters?

Edited by [TWB]AbortedMan

You severely misunderstand what's happening here. I'm having a discussion about the generalities of cheating and answering a question that Kathon asked me. Not even accusing tractordriver of cheating in my post.

Fairfight isn't something you just buy for your own server. It's something that's built into a game by the developer studio. I bring it up because it shows that anti-cheating can be achieved by analyzing player statistics...also because IL2:BoS/BoM has zero anti-cheat system in place. I'm not trying to sell or advertise it in any way (you can't just buy it as a consumer), just letting people know that this method of cheat prevention exists since everyone wants magical "proof" that they can't seem to describe. In various cases, statistics are enough.

I question BlackSix because transparency is vital to the validity of this topic...also, he's a community manager and probably not the guy that would be assigned to developing an anti-cheat solution, last I knew.

And if you're talking about following forum rules...you're implying I be banned because you don't want to agree with what I'm saying which is questioning/discussing moderator actions. Ironic.

Why the vitriol while I'm making an effort to make the game you bought and play safer from cheaters?

Mate,

I was in the process of deleting my post, however to try and answer your questions and not in any order please see the following:

Whether you mentioned that he was a cheat by name or not, you actually named a player that you believed should be banned in a whole discussion about cheating, so indirectly I believe that you still believe that he is a cheat.  Although I'm not a lawyer, I guess that you are correct in a technical legal manner, however I'm only saying as I see it, to coin your own expression, as I'm sure others would read it. 

That said, the main reason why I withdrew my post is to stop this back and forth as my original post was a very light-hearted post, that on reflection I realised was rather pointless (as I have mentioned in its place).  I commend you for trying to do the right thing to make this game cheat free, however, there is a correct way to go about doing the right things, as intentionally breaking numerous rules to get the outcome that you want is perhaps just as bad as a cheater for breaking one rule. I certainly do not believe that I implied that you should be banned, but was merely pointing out that numerous measurable rules were being broken by you, and wondering why you hadn't been banned.  Indeed very similar to what you have been doing regarding the so called cheater, however, at least my evidence I believed was factually based.  

Regarding Fairfight, owing to the fact that my Wife used to work for a major anti-virus software company, I'm well aware that there is software out there, however, no software can give 100% guarantees, so even if we had this software, I'm sure that this whole cheating accusation would still happen, although perhaps not on this scale and hopefully it could be dealt with quicker.  I believe that something needs to be done to ensure that this type of behaviour is stopped before it ruins everybody's gaming enjoyment, therefore, perhaps it would to beneficial if YOU were to either start a poll or even an online petition to the developers as perhaps this would be a more structured way with which to deal with this issue rather than appearing to be making demands or stamping your feet to be heard!?  I personally believe that if this method was to be adopted you would very quickly have the whole gaming community following your banner with everybody focused on a resolution, as I for one would gladly join and follow you in this crusade.  A cure is better than a treatment!

Regarding you interactions with Blacksmith, I thought that the rules were rather clear, so although you were well within your rights to ask for transparency, maybe the suggested method advertised in the rules of a PM would have been more subtle.  However, perhaps some would question your methods or even applaud them, I for one have no further intention of engaging with you as we are both appear to be on the same page regarding ensuring that the servers remain cheat free, although perhaps we are both not reading the same paragraph!  

Regards

Phil (Haza)

Edited by Haza

Mate,

I was in the process of deleting my post.  Whether you mentioned that he was a cheat by name or not, you actually named a player that you believed should be banned in a whole discussion about cheating, so indirectly I believe that you still believe that he is a cheat.  Although I'm not a lawyer, I guess that you are correct in technical legal manner, however I'm only saying as I see it, to coin your own expression, as I'm sure others would read it. 

That said, the main reason why I withdrew my post is to stop this back and forth as my original post was a very light-hearted post, that on reflection I realised was rather pointless (as I have mentioned in its place).  I  commend you for trying to do the right thing to make this game cheat free, however, there is a correct way to go about doing the right things, as intentionally breaking numerous rules to get the outcome that you want is perhaps just as bad as a cheater for breaking one rule. I certainly do not believe that I implied that you should be banned, but was merely pointing out that numerous measurable rules were being broken by you, and wondering why you hadn't been banned.  Indeed very similar to what you have been doing regarding the so called cheater, however, at least my evidence I believed was factually based.  

Perhaps some would question your methods or even applaud them, however, I for one have no further intention of engaging with you as we are both appear to be on the same page regarding ensuring that the servers remain cheat free, although perhaps we are both not reading the same paragraph!  

Regards

Phil (Haza)

Thanks. Salute!

Thanks. Salute!

Attn:

ABORTEDMAN

Bloodyhell, I must remember not to press send until I have edited everything!! LOL  I edited my original post to add some other bits, however, I thought I would mention this here to you so you didn't miss my updated post.  Therefore, please make sure you see my additional sections as I do believe that getting the community behind you in one area is the way forward in rectifying this whole cheating issue!!

Regards

Phil (Haza)

Attn:

ABORTEDMAN

Bloodyhell, I must remember not to press send until I have edited everything!! LOL I edited my original post to add some other bits, however, I thought I would mention this here to you so you didn't miss my updated post. Therefore, please make sure you see my additional sections as I do believe that getting the community behind you in one area is the way forward in rectifying this whole cheating issue!!

Regards

Phil (Haza)

Saw it. Thank you. Your forum ideas are a step in the right direction.

I spent some time on analyzing mission#130 where TPAKTOPUCT shot down 3 airplanes. This mission started about 10:10 am so there weren't many players on the server but he still managed to bring 3 AK.  How did he do that? I wanted to reconstruct those events. Based on mission sortie (http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=22369&name=TPAKTOPUCT) and log files I assume that it was like that:

1. TPAKTOPUCT took of from Surovikino at 10:21. He checked on the map that on Gromoslavka were dots which means enemy airplane on the airfield. He probably assumed they will try to defend tanks near Plesovskiy. Then he headed 135 towards Gromoslavka to capture enemy planes.

2. [TWB]AbortedMan took of on P-40 from Gromoslavka at 10:38 (20 minutes later) and headed 315 towards tanks. 

3. He was shot down few minutes later in 1518.4 (red star on the map)

4. Having known that TPAKTOPUC was there [TWB]AbortedMan & [TWB]Mopsy took of on P-40 from Gromoslavka once again at 10:55 and headed 315 towards tanks.

5. TPAKTOPUCT was patrolling area between Gromoslavka and tanks and after 6 minutes shot down both on them. 2xP-40 against 1xBf109-G2.

If my assumption are wrong please correct me (There are only X,Y coordinates for taking of and shot dawn events in log files so the real path of flight is unknown for me).

I my opinion there is nothing suspicious in those AK.  [TWB] were flying on very predictable path and TPAK.... was just waiting for them. If [TWB] had flown more around south-west and then north avoiding direct course 315 they would have had more chances to survive (orange path on the map). If they got shot down then in 1716 or 1616 that would be very suspicious.

Here is the mission #130 situation map:

Mission_130.jpg

• Upvote 3

Cause AbortedMan is accusing TPAKTOPUCT to have some sort of radar while anyone with a brain could anticipate the path of attacking aircrafts.

Guys if you do not want to be detected, change your paths. And don't complain that all your P-40 are shutdown by a 109.

This drama is pathetic.

• Upvote 2

=LG=Kathon, everything was just

Yes, I was patrolling between Gromoslavka and our tanks. This is Aborted and thought I saw a piece (the top is very similar), and did not attack. But after looking better, I realized that it pe40.

And the second time they came from Kalach why it directly to me where I was patrolling, almost in the same place where I hit him.. If they Kalach straight to the goal to fly - I would not see them.

PS^ This guy should have to do a better workout and before blaming honest person without any proof!

I hope the question is closed completely. Thanks to all!

Translate Google

Edited by =SRS=Fin*19

Bug has been found, will be fixed after this mission #52

Thank you!!  :salute:

Hello!

I have to ask if could be possible to increase a little bit the ping limit or to increase the time of high ping before getting kicked. Because one of my squadron's players even if they received a whatsApp call for a second, they got kicked everytime due to bad ping and for us is impossible to play without any problems... Please, solve it because we love your server and we really hate got kicked as soon as we reach the ping limit even for less than a second

Hi Guys,

if you can see in my Stats there are 7x Disconnects, but none of them from myself made!

Allways i was kicked from the Game and lost the Plane and 10% Fairplay Index per Sortie.

Whats the problem of this Shit Situation?

Edited by 1./JG42flesch

Hello!

I have to ask if could be possible to increase a little bit the ping limit or to increase the time of high ping before getting kicked. Because one of my squadron's players even if they received a whatsApp call for a second, they got kicked everytime due to bad ping and for us is impossible to play without any problems... Please, solve it because we love your server and we really hate got kicked as soon as we reach the ping limit even for less than a second

There is 400ms ping limit currently. And this is only option I may change about ping. 

Hi Guys,

if you can see in my Stats there are 7x Disconnects, but none of them from myself made!

Allways i was kicked from the Game and lost the Plane and 10% Fairplay Index per Sortie.

Whats the problem of this Shit Situation?

That is really shit situation... I assume you refer to DED_72ag++ server :http://72ag-ded.ru/en/pilot/292/1./JG42flesch/?tour=2

Hi Kathon, I can confirm that. NOT VALID PLANE BUG is still there. I also ask you to correct the stas of Geierklaue  & flesch.  THX

RAVEN.PNG

I only see 3 planes shot down in your log... which I'm guessing why it calculated 3 kills.

I've seen the in-game counts be wrong often --- and count multiple sorties instead of just the single sortie in the number you're presenting. 

I only see 3 planes shot down in your log... which I'm guessing why it calculated 3 kills.

I've seen the in-game counts be wrong often --- and count multiple sorties instead of just the single sortie in the number you're presenting. 

I've also seen this bug in game. I think it's due to hit detection for the last couple of hits shared between players shooting at the same plane. While on your screen, it may be that you got the last hit and that's how the server registers it... but when the stats come back it shows that another player got the last hit. (And this is another great reason that % damaged and assists should be calculated with shared targets) 

Kathon,

When flying Russian, on a few airfields I have chosen 100% fuel with max bomb loads, only to spawn in on the grassed area that I'm unable to taxi from  Therefore, is it possible to allow PE-2s to spawn in on harden areas please as currently I'm unable to climb to height and do long distance bombing with a limited fuel amount!?

Thank you 

The game tells me I shoot down 5 aircraft as you see in the screenshot, but if you look at my stats on the website from the same sortie.. it only credits me with 3 aircraft shot down. Why is this?

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=5486&name=[TWB]Krupinski*

7654FE304DF407196665B4E4AA5DF87E40313EF2

Like others said it's probably due to game bug. What you see in sorties is what is in log files. 

Kathon,

When flying Russian, on a few airfields I have chosen 100% fuel with max bomb loads, only to spawn in on the grassed area that I'm unable to taxi from  Therefore, is it possible to allow PE-2s to spawn in on harden areas please as currently I'm unable to climb to height and do long distance bombing with a limited fuel amount!?

Thank you 

Do you remember names of those airfields?

Hello =LG=Kathon,

Thanks for your work and the interesting server. I’ve noticed that some awards are not 100% historically accurate. Please check the attached images (the left one is the server stats screenshot).

post-17483-0-54578700-1478305885_thumb.png

post-17483-0-69097000-1478305898_thumb.jpg

NOT SEEING AIRFIELD TARGETS

Kathon,

I have noticed that when I'm high alt bombing (5-7K) although I can see the runway target, I can't actually see any ground targets until I have over flown the airfield and zoomed in using the rear-gunner.  Therefore, to perhaps encourage more bombers at high alt, would it be possible to provide recce-pictures of each airfield identifying the ground targets please?  

As I'm now unable to see the targets from the bombardier position, I'm now reluctant to do anymore bombing trips as flying for an hour each mission and then not being able to see targets, kind of gets boring.  The addition of these pictures might add to the gaming experience as currently most maps are being won with either knocking out tanks or aircraft.

Thank you

Haza

Kathon,

I have noticed that when I'm high alt bombing (5-7K) although I can see the runway target, I can't actually see any ground targets until I have over flown the airfield and zoomed in using the rear-gunner.  Therefore, to perhaps encourage more bombers at high alt, would it be possible to provide recce-pictures of each airfield identifying the ground targets please?  

As I'm now unable to see the targets from the bombardier position, I'm now reluctant to do anymore bombing trips as flying for an hour each mission and then not being able to see targets, kind of gets boring.  The addition of these pictures might add to the gaming experience as currently most maps are being won with either knocking out tanks or aircraft.

Thank you

Haza

You will need to drop down to at least 4k or below ,  its the game . looking forward too DX11.

Edited by II./JG77_Con

Regarding "behind enemy lines AAA"

I had to look up the M4, after I got exploded by one:

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=12004&name=[TWB]80hd

WTFCI9o.jpg

I thought that CAN'T be the dude with the MGs... it has to be that big bore AAA piece...

Nope, it's the dude with the MGs...

g5.jpg

As you can see in the log, I got tapped by one, juked, got tap-exploded by one.

Earlier in the log you can see I got hits on it as well, and being that it's just a guy standing in the open and I hosed him down with the gunpods on the Stuka, I would honestly expect his response to be either to bleed to death or run away from his gun, not do whatever he did to detonate my plane.

The tracers and trajectory these guys throw does not look like a 4x rifle caliber MG, they look like dual 20mm+ cannon.  They maintain a flat trajectory out a LONG way from their point of origin, and they have no trouble shooting through trees (I know that you can't do anything about that).

I found this nest of 2 M4s and the single big-bore AAA (whatever it is) and some trucks and Katyusha's because they seem to be strategically located between our airbases and likely targets.  I was RTB with damage already, and luckily hauling freight in an F2... they still peppered me up good, and I was very much surprised by how far they continued to fire after I should have been out of their range (7.62x54R, anyway) and they were still tracking me like TIE-fighters.

Now, I know that the likely answer here is just "you got lucky/unlucky", and that's fine, but I would still like to hear any conjecture on what exactly was hit on my plane by a round used to hunt deer around these parts that caused the entire craft to explode and instantly kill the pilot... 

AkT877G.png

Hello =LG=Kathon,

Thanks for your work and the interesting server. I’ve noticed that some awards are not 100% historically accurate. Please check the attached images (the left one is the server stats screenshot).

Should we replace awards to those you presented?

Kathon,

Haza

Maybe in a free time I will do recon pictures of airfields.

Regarding "behind enemy lines AAA"

I had to look up the M4, after I got exploded by one:

Now, I know that the likely answer here is just "you got lucky/unlucky", and that's fine, but I would still like to hear any conjecture on what exactly was hit on my plane by a round used to hunt deer around these parts that caused the entire craft to explode and instantly kill the pilot... 

Unfortunately I can't tell you what exactly was hit on your plane because there are only damage % in the log files. 

2 M4's = firepower of 1 Spitfire/Hurricane (8 x .303) which occasionally shot down some Luftwaffe aircraft

Do not know of Spitfires reputation for deer hunting on other side of the pond  ;)   :)

not sure of 7.62 X 54R effective range (still used in Dragunov sniper rifle today) but Browning has +- 1500 yrds effective range, no idea of accuracy though

In one second you could have 400 hits from a single M4 Maxim if they all landed

right or wrong just some info to consider...

Cheers Dakpilot

Edited by Dakpilot

Dear Kathon:

Last map mission cant finish my second flight. Server frozen I think, waited server end mission but kick me out. For counts records was BF110: 1 building and 3 AAA in map section 1214-8 and the BF109 F2 flight was 1 AAA or building, (cant confirm because cant finish flight) in same section. Before those flights had a failed takeoff  and two flights canceled in BF110

In case that the info lost

Salute!

Edited by =FACH=Walter_Nowotny

2 M4's = firepower of 1 Spitfire/Hurricane (8 x .303) which occasionally shot down some Luftwaffe aircraft

Do not know of Spitfires reputation for deer hunting on other side of the pond  ;)   :)

not sure of 7.62 X 54R effective range (still used in Dragunov sniper rifle today) but Browning has +- 1500 yrds effective range, no idea of accuracy though

In one second you could have 400 hits from a single M4 Maxim if they all landed

right or wrong just some info to consider...

Cheers Dakpilot

Absolutely, if I was getting ripped to shreds and just simply got peppered to death, okay... but that wasn't the case.  The guns tapped me once, I evaded, I lit one of the M4s up with the MG pods on the Stuka as they were both reloading, and then the first round out of one of them exploded me.

In either case, if all 8 maxims (2 x M4 w/PM 1910) were hitting me in the same second, every single round, it'd be 80 rounds, not 400.  (That's not to detract from your point, it's just because I like to argue).

The M4s don't act like WWI machineguns, they act like ZSU-23-4s... obviously I'll adjust tactics accordingly, the feedback was only intended as just that:  Feedback.

Absolutely, if I was getting ripped to shreds and just simply got peppered to death, okay... but that wasn't the case.  The guns tapped me once, I evaded, I lit one of the M4s up with the MG pods on the Stuka as they were both reloading, and then the first round out of one of them exploded me.

In either case, if all 8 maxims (2 x M4 w/PM 1910) were hitting me in the same second, every single round, it'd be 80 rounds, not 400.  (That's not to detract from your point, it's just because I like to argue).

The M4s don't act like WWI machineguns, they act like ZSU-23-4s... obviously I'll adjust tactics accordingly, the feedback was only intended as just that:  Feedback.

Yes,  finger trouble should have been 40 not 400  ;)

and Browning M1917/19 is still behaving like WW 1 machinegun to this day  :)

anyway am now spamming up bug report thread  :ph34r:

Cheers Dakpilot

Edited by Dakpilot

Should we replace awards to those you presented?

If you swap the current 2nd and 3rd class images, that would do the job:

- Order of Glory 3rd class (5AK or 25GK) should be light silver.

- Order of Glory 2nd class (20AK or 40GK) should be dark silver with gold inside.

Thanks.