Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

7 hours ago, 315_R2r said:

Why not consider the re spawn when there is no enemy tank, plane, player or ai in the 2-3km range (to discuss) from you as safe/return to base - just punish the one that re  spawn while being attacked?

Worthwhile idea, at least you'd be guaranteed a death if you despawn at enemy airfields etc. So there's need to backtrack at least a bit before despawning. The trouble with this is that we don't get the location of players in the logs unless there's some action by them.

8 hours ago, 315_R2r said:

Tested in the battle, reconquered blue CP - negated the +5km for the enemy - it works...

Does the conquering of CP give you some 'stats points'?

Edit: How can you see on the map who control the CP? Or in stats - on map I did not see a difference - on stats in chat did not notice apart from the front line movement but this could be not related to the CP control....

Edit1: If CP is taken by blue, then retaken by red, the +5km is 0km, how you can make the CP red again to have +5km for red?

There's no way to connect the player to the capturing, so we can't give stats points.

We don't show who has control of a CP on the map, since that would need to be done via activating/deactivating icons over and over, and the game is quite brittle when it comes to doing that. The status of the CP should be in the message you get via the <s command.

About that retaking: it can be that damage to targets negates the 5 km, and thus the <s command won't show that "5 km" advance, as it shows the total.

8 hours ago, CCG_Pips said:

very soon, tankers will be considered as prisonners

Well that's only if the bug is fixed. We don't have control over what kind of log entries the dserver produces.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri
3 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Worthwhile idea, at least you'd be guaranteed a death if you despawn at enemy airfields etc. So there's need to backtrack at least a bit before despawning. The trouble with this is that we don't get the location of players in the logs unless there's some action by them.

About that retaking: it can be that damage to targets negates the 5 km, and thus the <s command won't show that "5 km" advance, as it shows the total.

If the tanker did not make the action to mark his location should get into prison :) - but she/he can use the flare gun or something else - can this be tracked? If she/he attacked the tmp af or was strafed by enemy plane location of this actions should be there, right?

About that retaking, let consider one CP in the start it is neutral, it get taken by red - +5km for red (has the red flag)... it get retaken by blue - from what I check in the mission last night it get the blue flag +5km for red is deleted, but how you plan allow now the blue to take that particular CP and get +5km for them? Is it possible or not? Should the blue tanker left 170m radius and reenter it again? The flag is already blue... I assume that the red player can enter at this moment and retake the CP and get again +5km for red... But how blue one can do it?

19 minutes ago, 315_R2r said:

About that retaking, let consider one CP in the start it is neutral, it get taken by red - +5km for red (has the red flag)... it get retaken by blue - from what I check in the mission last night it get the blue flag +5km for red is deleted, but how you plan allow now the blue to take that particular CP and get +5km for them? Is it possible or not? Should the blue tanker left 170m radius and reenter it again? The flag is already blue... I assume that the red player can enter at this moment and retake the CP and get again +5km for red... But how blue one can do it?

It is +5 km to the side that has captured the CP, simple as that.

Edit:
So it's either the Germans have the +5 km or the Russians have the +5 km depending on which one holds the CP.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri
46 minutes ago, 315_R2r said:

If the tanker did not make the action to mark his location should get into prison :) - but she/he can use the flare gun or something else - can this be tracked? If she/he attacked the tmp af or was strafed by enemy plane location of this actions should be there, right?

I meant more that if the pilot/tanker attacking the tanker deep inside his enemy territory didn't make any bomb/firing actions before engaging the enemy tank, the enemy tank driver can safely despawn right before he's attacked. So the implementation would be a bit lackluster in this regard. I'd REALLY like for flares to be logged, as it would open a lot of possibilities:

• Upvote 1

Who was the Russian tank pilot with whom I had a firefight between 4:20 p.m. and 4:45 p.m. (approximately. UTC +1) ?

I was in Pz. IV G in the field, next to the Russian troops (1120)

It was fun. 😄

Edited by No_Face
  • This is a total war server, so basically no rules, so any dirty trick you can imagine, if it helps to defeat the enemy, 

The above quote is one of the server “rules” My take on that rule is that if I wish to do a long drive to an enemy depot and destroy it then I will.

if I decide to end the mission by despawing instead of making the long drive back I will.

Remember that not everyone can spend 5 hours on the server, some of us only can get an hour or two at it, then they have to go.

It seems likely that tankers are to be punished for doing this, if that does happen, then the server rules will have to be re written.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, 15[Span.]/JG51Navarro said:

Aircraft 70% damaged, both engines shut down and laying on the ground. I think this is the weirdest way I have ever seen to finish a mission "In Flight"... 

In_Flight (2).jpg

In_Flight.JPG

Just wondering, was it because the mission turned at that time and he just waited it out?

5 hours ago, Bilbo_Baggins said:

Just wondering, was it because the mission turned at that time and he just waited it out?

I don't think he deliberately waited for the mission to end. I guess the mission ended before the game/server or whatever determines it, considered that plane had been shot down.

It would be interesting to know what circumstances have to be given in order to consider a plane "shot down".

Edited by 15[Span.]/JG51Navarro
2 hours ago, 15[Span.]/JG51Navarro said:

I don't think he deliberately waited for the mission to end. I guess the mission ended before the game/server or whatever determines it, considered that plane had been shot down.

It would be interesting to know what circumstances have to be given in order to consider a plane "shot down".

If you deliberately waited for the end of mission, so it is logical you are considered"in flight". the parser is analysing situation of your virtual pilot (and plane) only when you press "end of mission". There, parser should consider you still where "in flight".

20 hours ago, CCG_Pips said:

If you deliberately waited for the end of mission, so it is logical you are considered"in flight". the parser is analysing situation of your virtual pilot (and plane) only when you press "end of mission". There, parser should consider you still where "in flight".

Thanks for the explanation, but then something is wrong with the parser. A plane that is no longer in flight condition, and of course, has not been able to reach the home base either, should be considered shot down even before the pilot finishes the mission.

Now I understand why the pilot of this other A-20B, also posed on the ground, waited several minutes before finishing the mission... (see image)

I guess it's exactly the same with single-engine airplanes that, while on fire, chase and shoot at other airplanes. In my humble opinion, this aircraft should be considered shot down the moment it is on fire.

Aporrizado.jpg

Edited by 15[Span.]/JG51Navarro

Apologies if I missed a post but I was just flying Finnish and I thought I saw a message saying you had an SRS server but I could not find it again.     I cannot find a mention on the first post here or on the official webpage.   Is there an address for an SRS server?

ADDENDUM

Its OK I managed to find it in a post in the SRS thread    ts3.virtualpilots.fi:6002

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

Just quit out at 1815 British time. The Russian troops, both north and south, have invulnerable T34s plus their new secret weapon, invulnerable trucks. When I say 'invulnerable' I mean they can't be destroyed from the ground, I'm not sure if they survive a big enough bomb. Noticed that some players are bombing bridges near the tank spawns to prevent tanks from getting into the game. A clever tactic, I suppose, but should it be penalised? If you went round bombing non-target bridges you might find they weren't there for your own counter-offensive.

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, beresford said:

When I say 'invulnerable' I mean they can't be destroyed from the ground, I'm not sure if they survive a big enough bomb.

Ok, we will look into it.

12 minutes ago, beresford said:

A clever tactic, I suppose, but should it be penalised?

No, it's a tactic along with many others. And the bridges do respawn.

17 hours ago, beresford said:

Noticed that some players are bombing bridges near the tank spawns to prevent tanks from getting into the game. A clever tactic, I suppose, but should it be penalised? If you went round bombing non-target bridges you might find they weren't there for your own counter-offensive.

So, this is a clear tactic I apply as much as possible or useful!!!....of course, I know that bridges respawn after some times but it can help my side to organize a defense when too much Panzer are attacking!!! I found same tactic from some german palyers and never complained..... ...TOTAL WAR , means TOTAL WAR....except vulching I don't forbid myself anything!!!

You just have to know, if I bomb a bridge (except if it is a target in the game), My camp is not gaining advantage (except the one above) and my avatar do not gain points!!!😉

Question to @Temuri  regarding bridges (not targets) I noticed that when destroyed, they respawn or they do not respawn .......what is the matter ?

Thanks by advance

Edited by CCG_Pips

Hi, 

I am planning to buy the game, then learn flying in single player and then join Finninsh. To start multiplayer i plan to run easier missions like paradrop or supply. Which game/dlc i need to buy to have the planes for it?

10 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Was this with AP or HE rounds?

75mm APHE. I've stopped carrying HE except for attacking Depots because it seems to have some sort of proximity fuse and explodes if it comes near something. 

6 hours ago, CCG_Pips said:

You just have to know, if I bomb a bridge (except if it is a target in the game), My camp is not gaining advantage (except the one above) and my avatar do not gain points!!!😉

Mmm, it's just that on some maps you have to spend 30 minutes of driving to get somewhere and it's not great gameplay to find you've done it for nothing. Wouldn't be so bad if the destroyed bridges were shown on the map like the 'target' bridges, or if you could repair the bridge yourself. 

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, catsharkdog said:

Hi, 

I am planning to buy the game, then learn flying in single player and then join Finninsh. To start multiplayer i plan to run easier missions like paradrop or supply. Which game/dlc i need to buy to have the planes for it?

You need collector plane ju52  with kuban, Stalingrad or Moscu if I’m not wrong.

Was on at about 10am this morning, more concrete trucks. Just for experimentation I tried firing HE at them, with no effect. The next experiment I want to try is firing HE at strafing aircraft, to see if the 'proximity fuse' widens the target envelope. 

On 1/22/2021 at 2:34 PM, catsharkdog said:

Hi, 

If you want to do paradrops, Ju-52 is currently the only one capable of doing it (available to both sides). For supply flights you can use Ju-52, He-111, Ju-88 for axis and Ju-52, Pe-2, A-20 for the allied.

3 minutes ago, CCG_Pips said:

LOL !!!! there is a problem with new map.......May be Untamo or Temuri should have an eye on it !!!! 🤣

would you mind sharing some sort of problem description instead of spamming the exclamation mark over and over? as it makes the searching for it faster...

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Viper_VR said:

would you mind sharing some sort of problem description instead of spamming the exclamation mark over and over? as it makes the searching for it faster...

No airfields available for starting mission.

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.4e5dc15fa2cfc45270d06a5f8886d9fb.png

Hey, just a newbie question here. Is there some kind of ranking system that unlocks the Su152 for Allied tankers? I'm sure I dueled with a Tiger tonight but maybe I was wrong. It did bounce at least 5 APCR rounds at 600m and it did look lots like a Tiger. I'm assuming that if it was a Tiger then the Su152 will be available somehow for the Soviets?

1 hour ago, Leady_Brickov said:

Hey, just a newbie question here. Is there some kind of ranking system that unlocks the Su152 for Allied tankers? I'm sure I dueled with a Tiger tonight but maybe I was wrong. It did bounce at least 5 APCR rounds at 600m and it did look lots like a Tiger. I'm assuming that if it was a Tiger then the Su152 will be available somehow for the Soviets?

It should be available at the tank spawn close to the artillery.

S!

Couple of updates to the server:
- Control point(CP) control advance bonus is now tied to the time a side controls the CP. If one side controls the CP for the whole mission -> they get full bonus. If one side controls the CP for half of the mission -> they get half the bonus. If both sides control it for the same time -> no bonus for either etc.

- Map idle limit of 10min. If you idle on the map screen (not on mission) longer than 10min -> kick.

• Upvote 1

Performance issues on the server?

Hi, I'm wondering what happened to the performance? January 30th, 2 a.m. MET with approx. 80 players: The game was stuttering and kind of delayed in dogfight and ground attack sorties. It was really bad and was not playable. Actually I stopped playing after some weird and lethal situations.

Is it only due to the number of players or does the mission setup influence performance?  Any hope for improvement?

Greetings

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, 13/JG5Luck said:

Hi, I'm wondering what happened to the performance? January 30th, 2 a.m. MET with approx. 80 players: The game was stuttering and kind of delayed in dogfight and ground attack sorties. It was really bad and was not playable. Actually I stopped playing after some weird and lethal situations.

Is it only due to the number of players or does the mission setup influence performance?  Any hope for improvement?

Greetings

Its the human tank drivers I tell you, get rid of them (evil LOL) :)

I like flight simulation, not driving simulation, he-he.

Happy landings,

Talisman

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
6 hours ago, ACG_Talisman said:

Its the human tank drivers I tell you, get rid of them (evil LOL) :)

I like flight simulation, not driving simulation, he-he.

Happy landings,

Talisman

The great thing about this server is you can STILL fly your aircraft while people who enjoy tanks get to do their thing. :)  

• Upvote 3
On 1/30/2021 at 2:50 AM, 13/JG5Luck said:

Greetings

This can happen when there are lot of players in a small area. We are in the process of spreading stuff in a larger area, so as to spread players as well, to alleviate the problem.

On 1/30/2021 at 6:57 AM, Spitfire6789 said:

Hey where can you get mission files like this I would like one with AI that I can play with my group of friends.

Each mission on our server is dynamically generated by code according to the actions of the players. So: "nowhere" :) .. The missions are saved in your game's data/Multiplayer/Moscowb (IIRC) folder, so you can edit them with the editor and add some AI if you want.

23 hours ago, ACG_Talisman said:

Its the human tank drivers I tell you, get rid of them (evil LOL)

I like them a lot ... they make so beautiful explosions when I bomb/shoot them with my plane ;)

Edited by LLv34_Untamo