LLv34_Untamo

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

5 minutes ago, -=AnTifA=-woodrowwilson_pr said:

I checked the opening post and didn't see this information.  Does this server require registration like TAW does?

What information are you referring? No registration needed.

1 hour ago, MeoW.Scharfi said:

The P.S. part is about the other guy I insulted. not about you. 

This kind of behavior is unacceptable, no matter who you do it against.

Please refrain from it in the future

4 hours ago, =FSB=Man-Yac said:

I never messaged you this is diffamation, you are really crazy. Also only second comment I made with any correlation to you. 

Please stop name calling. You are not helping the issue!!!

12 hours ago, MeoW.Scharfi said:

p.s. I find it funny that he is searching for consolation in the community after I deleted his personal message and ignoring his chat(guess I should have answered those to avoid complete embarrassment😅). If i would post all insult towards me

🤔

Never searched for a consolation, felt any kind of embarrassment, or insulted you. 

3 hours ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

felt any kind of embarrassment, or insulted you. 

Read again. First one is about me, second one is general speaking, not about you.

15 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

And this discussion is leading nowhere good, so I ask all involved to please stop it.

Before another 10 people join and put one's oar.

Edited by MeoW.Scharfi

Yup, that case is settled, no more posts on that regard. (Or I'm getting the mods involved! I'm super cereal!)

And a reminder in reporting cases of suspected cheating. Send the reports with proof to email:

gameserver(at)virtualpilots(dot)fi

Do NOT post them on this thread.

Hey, after some absence from the server Im now back and glad too see how positively it has evolved. Especially the introduction of the award system and the removal of AAA pieces from the "health pool" of factories.
I have one question though, the plane set cahnges once every week, so its 6 weeks until all planesets are cycled through. What happens if those 6 weeks have passed without one side winning the map, will it continue on with the last planeset until it is won or will it restart and end in a draw?

10 minutes ago, =ARTOA=Bombenleger said:

Hey, after some absence from the server Im now back and glad too see how positively it has evolved. Especially the introduction of the award system and the removal of AAA pieces from the "health pool" of factories.
I have one question though, the plane set cahnges once every week, so its 6 weeks until all planesets are cycled through. What happens if those 6 weeks have passed without one side winning the map, will it continue on with the last planeset until it is won or will it restart and end in a draw?

Nice to have you back :)

Currently, the planeset just rolls over to the first one, and the situation on the map continues as it was.

On a different note:
Starting from the next mission rotation, the airfield aliases ("f1"," f2", and so on) should be visible in the mission for those airfields for which there is no spawn in the mission.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

Thx :)

okay in this case I have another question, lets say I buy a spit MK.IX and then the planeset goes back to the first set, will the award points be "refunded", will the spitfire be waiting for me once it reaches set #5 again, or how is this handled?

On a different note:
Starting from the next mission rotation, the airfield aliases ("f1"," f2", and so on) should be visible in the mission for those airfields for which there is no spawn in the mission.

I have many airfield and factory numbers memorised by now. :D

Edited by =ARTOA=Bombenleger

29 minutes ago, =ARTOA=Bombenleger said:

Thx :)

okay in this case I have another question, lets say I buy a spit MK.IX and then the planeset goes back to the first set, will the award points be "refunded", will the spitfire be waiting for me once it reaches set #5 again, or how is this handled?

As it says in the first post in this thread: award plane will be available again when the rps rotates to the set containing that award plane.

On 8/15/2018 at 1:53 AM, LLv34_Temuri said:

Do write your ideas.

I've been reading the old comments on this post to know your limitations and what already din't work...

There is some observations about the server and how in my opnion you can improve then:

1 - high discrepancy between target's difficulty. Tank bases are very hard, depots are okay and factories are too easy

What to change?

Put little more flacks on factories: like 2 "38" or something like that. Maybe increase aaa on depot too

2 - opportunity target's and recon...

How to improve?

I know how moving collumns hit the performance. Instead moving colluns we can have static ones hidden on side road (on the forest shaddows).

Fighters can attack if they see these collumns but only show in the map with recon planes

They can don't have AAA at all to remains stealth.

These colluns can have a great impact on frontlines

For example give ammo limit to flacks and those columns will work as ressuply. Or you can separe respawn times for flacks. The collumn will work as a rapid response supply

3 - random factory location to recon

At the beginning we can have 3 possible factories and an recon plane should be send to find then

4 - more night missions and bad weather. 

In a sim we really need some full night missions. Or 3 hour on durk and dawn

A full covered cloud sky and multiple layera should be nice for visual and difficulty

For now that's all. I hope you'd like the suggestions

See ya on server

Edited by ESCOMM_FlyMaker
  • Upvote 2

S!

Some players from known squads exit game/server before a death can be registered, if shot down, to keep their stats favorable. If shot down at low alt and parachute fails, tough luck. Exiting game to prevent a death being registered is childish. Grow a pair of balls or go play tetris.

• Upvote 2

Love the server! may i ask why the blocking of custom skins? Me and my squadron have some historical custom skins that we always use and its kind of a bummer when we cant use them..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SCG_DR1FT3R said:

Love the server! may i ask why the blocking of custom skins? Me and my squadron have some historical custom skins that we always use and its kind of a bummer when we cant use them..

Thats really strange.

unlike the old IL2 1946, box does not transfer skins... at least to my knowledge.

On 8/18/2018 at 3:02 AM, ESCOMM_FlyMaker said:

I've been reading the old comments on this post to know your limitations and what already din't work...

1. We are addressing this at least a bit with the upcoming Kuban implementation where we've placed the depots next to airfields.

2. Having columns is something I'd like to have too. We'd need to figure out all the mechanics. I don't currently know if limiting flak ammo could be reasonably done. I know there is the setting in the mission editor that lets you limit the ammo, but I think this can't be toggled on/off when mission is running.

3. I have mixed feelings about this. The factories currently work so, that if a factory has been damaged, it will be taken to the next mission. If all factories are undamaged, the factory is picked at random. Hiding/showing the factories requires a small change to the mission logic and some change to the background app logic (so that factory as repair source is not shown when the factory recon hasn't been done). It would make sense to me that you'd know the location of the factory of your own side (icon on map) so that you could arrange CAP, but this would make the whole recon functionality a bit of a wasted effort, as it would only be a matter of a simple side switch and the enemy factory location would be known. In my opinion, the recon functionality would work better in a coop style mission than in this kind of arena thing we have.

4. I think you are in the minority that want night missions and bad weather more often. Most likely we won't have more of them than what we have now.

To ensure fair use of skins. We don't want that people use custom skins that basically paint your friends (or other people, if you happen to know their custom skin file name) in certain very distinguishable colors, while to others they look like having built-in camo color ones. With skin locking, if you want to be seen easier by your friends (winter camo on summer map etc.), you'll be seen easier by everyone else too.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Do we have the award planes immediately?
If we are in 1941 do we immediately have the award aircraft?
If so, I think it would be better if the award planes were added after the campaign started.

Second question

If I don't have a basic plane in an airport, can I use a award plane (if I have one)?
If yes at the airfield with 5 basic aircraft, in reality we can have 15 airplanes (5 basic planes, 5 award fighters and 5 GA planes).

Perhaps you should lose award points if you miss a basic plane too.

S! and sorry for my English

15 minutes ago, ITAF_Cymao said:

Do we have the award planes immediately?
If we are in 1941 do we immediately have the award aircraft?
If so, I think it would be better if the award planes were added after the campaign started.

You get award points when you land safely with kills made during the flight (maximum 1+1 per flight). The points can then be used to purchase award planes. What do you mean by "after campaign start"?

15 minutes ago, ITAF_Cymao said:

Second question

If I don't have a basic plane in an airport, can I use a award plane (if I have one)?
If yes at the airfield with 5 basic aircraft, in reality we can have 15 airplanes (5 basic planes, 5 award fighters and 5 GA planes).

Perhaps you should lose award points if you miss a basic plane too.

Yes you can, they are currently separate things. We think it would be a bit too punishing to lose award points if you die, because they are hard earned. When you fly with an award plane and then lose it, this should enough penalty.

4 hours ago, LLv34_Untamo said:

What do you mean by "after campaign start"?

There are 5 planesets, right?
At the beginning of every planeset already there are the award planes, but I think the award planes should be introduced later than the beginning of the planeset.

If it can be done.

S!

Edited by ITAF_Cymao

But we don't use bright colored skins... Heres a screenshot of the skins we use..

6XtlXi4.png

2AfzhRc.png

wfqOVu6.png

3vjg1Fq.png

e67qQbc.jpg

[\spoiler]

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
Place those pics under spoilers. Swastikas.

35 minutes ago, SCG_DR1FT3R said:

But we don't use bright colored skins... Heres a screenshot of the skins we use..

Hide contents

6XtlXi4.png

2AfzhRc.png

wfqOVu6.png

3vjg1Fq.png

e67qQbc.jpg

[\spoiler]

I was not referring to you.

• Like 1

Quick  question, why did the planset go back to 1941? It seems like its still the same campaign as last time. Just different planeset.

12 hours ago, ITAF_Cymao said:

There are 5 planesets, right?
At the beginning of every planeset already there are the award planes, but I think the award planes should be introduced later than the beginning of the planeset.

The award planes represent the newer (and more powerful) planes in that era. In the next set, they are basic planes.

Quick  question, why did the planset go back to 1941? It seems like its still the same campaign as last time. Just different planeset. 

The rolling plane set rotates every week, and when it reaches the end it resets back to start.

Edited by LLv34_Untamo

1 minute ago, Leifr said:

How goes the work on Kuban?

It's coming. I'm going through the tank bases Kippari has made, so that they can be added to the mission. Recently, I've just been flying more when I've had free time, instead of doing the Kuban stuff.

How does the award points for air kills work? I understood that if you kill a plane and you land you get one however it doesn't seem to be doing that for me.

3 minutes ago, Bidartarra said:

How does the award points for air kills work? I understood that if you kill a plane and you land you get one however it doesn't seem to be doing that for me.

Could you provide some details of the incident? Time, place etc.? I can check the logs.

2 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Could you provide some details of the incident? Time, place etc.? I can check the logs.

Sure, 

Took the infos from il2 stats: 

19.08.2018 at 13:05 (mission time? ), 2 air kills with a landing afterwards.

21.08.2018 at 18:14 (mission time? ), 1 kill with a landing afterwards.

I currently have 0 AA reward points. 

I understood award points were kept after a pilot death maybe I'm wrong though.

1 hour ago, Bidartarra said:

Took the infos from il2 stats: 

19.08.2018 at 13:05 (mission time? ), 2 air kills with a landing afterwards.

21.08.2018 at 18:14 (mission time? ), 1 kill with a landing afterwards.

I currently have 0 AA reward points. 

I understood award points were kept after a pilot death maybe I'm wrong though.

The first one looks like an error in the mission logs or game. For some reason, the name of the airplane you used was not given correctly in the logs, and you were left without the award point. We'll have to keep an eye out for this one. I think it might be because the planeset contained two versions of LaGG-3, one with stock armament, and one with the better cannons available. Edit: was not a bug in logs, it was in the plane definition of our RPS system.

The second one looks like an error in the stats system. Our background app parsed that Vanrav landed successfully. In addition, I couldn't find an entry in the mission logs where you would have been credited for the kill.

And award points are kept after pilot death.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

47 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

The first one looks like an error in the mission logs or game. For some reason, the name of the airplane you used was not given correctly in the logs, and you were left without the award point. We'll have to keep an eye out for this one. I think it might be because the planeset contained two versions of LaGG-3, one with stock armament, and one with the better cannons available. Edit: was not a bug in logs, it was in the plane definition of our RPS system.

The second one looks like an error in the stats system. Our background app parsed that Vanrav landed successfully. In addition, I couldn't find an entry in the mission logs where you would have been credited for the kill.

And award points are kept after pilot death.

For the Vanrav kill he landed on a red airfield after his engine died, maybe that played a part. Il2 stats credits me with a kill. 

Anyways I was curious as to what happened 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bidartarra said:

For the Vanrav kill he landed on a red airfield after his engine died, maybe that played a part. Il2 stats credits me with a kill. 

Anyways I was curious as to what happened 

It was good to be curious, you made us find a bug in the RPS :)

The second case (21.8.) was more bizarre. Our logs vs. the stats don't seem to agree on what happened. I've increased the amount of debug logging. If this happens again, please let us know.

Edited by LLv34_Untamo

SCG will be planning on doing a Dead is Dead flyout on this server.

Saturday; From 3:00 PM EST - 5:00 PM EST

Feel free to join us for this immersive flyout! Anyone and any group is welcome to join us!

Here is our current flight roster: 

6fqVASX.png

FfyXnmK.png

luECUex.png

Our discord server we will be using for the flyout: https://discord.gg/ySncC7e

Edited by SCG_DR1FT3R
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

S!

We are now putting a new version of the system into the server. This version consist mainly of making the mission lighter for both server and the clients.

1) Tank battles are now resolved "behind the scenes", so you will not be seeing the rolling AI tanks anymore. The system works pretty much the same as before, the virtual tanks start rolling after enemy base has been reduced to 50%, and the virtual tanks reach the enemy base after 30min. The battle is then resolved by casting some virtual dice, taking into account the status of BOTH bases. The attack skill of the tanks is determined by the status of your base, and the defense skill by the enemy base. These skills are then used to make opposed dice rolls to determine the result. So, when you attack the enemy, you will also have to take care of your own base.

The status of the attack is now also communicated through chat messages. You will get a message when the attack starts, midway warning and how it was resolved.

2) Map icons / border:
- You may have already noticed that the non-mission airfields now have the aliases and names visible, helping ferry operations.

- The route spiderweb has been reduced to only show the immediately adjacent zones to the map entities(airfields/depots/tank bases/factories) instead of the whole grid. This reduces the amount of map icons (which are quite heavy on the client side) drastically.

- Border resolution halved. Same reason as above. Seemed to retain enough resolution to look good enough.

And as always, please report any bugs to us :)

Edited by LLv34_Untamo
  • Like 2

First test done, and surprisingly few bugs found. We might get this running once the current Moscow map is won, or on this Friday :)

• Like 1

I was thinking yesterday. Now that we have the skin locking on the server, we could use the Ju-52 on the Russian side too. We'd just lock the skins for both sides, so you'd know which side's plane it is. We could also get rid of the bombers as supply/repair/paras planes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

We could also get rid of the bombers as supply/repair/paras planes.

Not everybody can fly the Ju-52, so I would appreciate the supply bombers 😅

49 minutes ago, I./JG21-Kappi said:

Not everybody can fly the Ju-52, so I would appreciate the supply bombers 😅

Well yeah. Maybe we'd do it so that when you use Ju-52, you'll get more done than with a bomber :)