=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

The server went down a few hours ago and  I had to leave server because finish flight was not available. 

I just tried to join again and I can't join. I see that on the TAW website it still says I am connected. 

Obviously I am not still connected. 

Hopefully it will disconnect me when the mpa rolls and then I can join again. 

DirtyRotnFlieger

Edited by DirtyRotnFlieger

Where you able to delete my accounts Raven?

I have switched sides and can no longer play. I get an error to register. I have four accounts now so I've registered a lot.

Can admin please fix so I can fly?

There are a few of us having this issue.

Koepi also just got kicked.

you have a PM

Yes unfortunately the DServer.exe crashed again. We must wait for Kathon.   Kathon restarted  the server. many Thanks 

Edited by StG2_Raven

Server's dead again...

PS - Why is the Bf110 so cantankerous on startup? The throttle has two settings on warm up - too much and too little.

Edited by 19//Darbzy

Server's dead again...

PS - Why is the Bf110 so cantankerous on startup too? The throttle has two settings on warm up - too much and too little.

? If you're standing on the brakes you should be able to throttle up to 45% no problem. That warms it up fairly fast.

...So after a crash with a He 111, I have decided to pass on your server. It isn't realistic for a fighter jock to learn/know how to fly a bomber/transport aircraft (...actually in real life a most bomber/transport pilots are those that couldn't become fighter pilots for one reason or another). However, I will accept your wishes to make this a prerequisite and move on to the other multiplayer servers until co-op comes out and a real virtual war like VOW, VEF and Bellum had back int he day. 

I wish you chaps well with your server and may your take-offs, equal your landings - X_Man out! 

For those who suck at flying both fighters and bombers, there are always flaks to be manned on the airfields ... or perhaps you could cook for us, wash dishes, clean the bathrooms or something. I'm sure there is something you can do to help the war effort ... ;)

• Upvote 2

The hundreds of hours required to transition between types in this sim can be daunting.

It's more lack of interest. I think getting the Fw 190 off the ground with a full bomb load requires more skill than getting an He 111 airborne - but that's just my opinion. :biggrin:

With 55 vs 29, this campaign is going to be one of the quickest yet. Wasn't even 2 days ago the line was at Kalach. 

vXEPdVk.png

This campaign has been somewhat disappointing

Mix of both instability in the dserver and maybe some script problems with massive imbalance when it does work... bit of a shame hopefully next round will be more stable and balanced

Cheers to kathon and all others involved as always though for making the effort to build it all

Edited by =IL2AU=chappyj

I am going along with Darbzy here, I not a fan of having to warm up the engines.

I understand the need for reality and immersion but the way it is now it's doing the opposite.

First: IRL all front line fighter engines where kept warm by the crew chief.

Second: A cold engine start procedure differed from a normal engine start and we can't do that with BoS auto engine start proceedure.

Third: We don't have the possibility to put chock and it will be fun to watch peoples doing some spin on icy apron.

o7 

Edited by ATAG_dB
  • Upvote 2

Server dead, again.

It makes me wondering, if you got a technical problem (game freeze or disco) what happen with your plane? Do you lost it?

This campaign has been somewhat disappointing

Mix of both instability in the dserver and maybe some script problems with massive imbalance when it does work... bit of a shame hopefully next round will be more stable and balanced

Cheers to kathon and all others involved as always though for making the effort to build it all

You complain about imbalance but fly for LW? How does that work? I get that you guys were flying for the red side on the previous campaign but really ... all of the other LW only guys do not give a damn about it and now you became part of the problem. Just look at it now ... 26x2 :/

Would be great if a few solo guys and first and foremost entire squads could switch sides. pls do it now to get this campaign going!

Right now its really limted fun.

You complain about imbalance but fly for LW? How does that work? I get that you guys were flying for the red side on the previous campaign but really ... all of the other LW only guys do not give a damn about it and now you became part of the problem. Just look at it now ... 26x2 :/

hi mate, 

because i flew the last 2 campaign as red? i spend 80% of my time flying red, mostly because it is underpopulated...  are you suggesting i cant fly LW at all because of it being imbalanced? That those that insist on always flying LW get first dibs? is that my fault is it?  Only get to fly half the game?

come on mate. you know full well im not the problem there. 

last campaign our group changed sides 4 times to try and balance it each night. ended up being a massive pain in the ass. we now stick to a choice for the campaign. we chose LW cause we havent flown a single TAW campaign as LW before

Edited by =IL2AUS=chappyj

hi mate, 

because i flew the last 2 campaign as red? i spend 80% of my time flying red, mostly because it is underpopulated...  are you suggesting i cant fly LW at all because of it being imbalanced? That those that insist on always flying LW get first dibs? is that my fault is it?  Only get to fly half the game?

come on mate. you know full well im not the problem there. 

last campaign our group changed sides 4 times to try and balance it each night. ended up being a massive pain in the ass. we now stick to a choice for the campaign. we chose LW cause we havent flown a single TAW campaign as LW before

Yeah I have to agree here. Cant be that always the same guys are balancing shit. However, we need some ideas by now. Because LW is just playing with themselfs right now.

Yeah I have to agree here. Cant be that always the same guys are balancing shit. However, we need some ideas by now. Because LW is just playing with themselfs right now.

well as a case in point i just buckled and made a red account. was desperate for some A2A.   10 minutes after i changed (which took me about half an hour to get it right )  the reds outnumbered the axis... can't bloody win and i wasted half an hour of my game time 

We are going to test the new slot reservation system Today. There previous one (players were kicked) didn't meet our expectations. The new one ban the players for 15min if they join the server where are not enough free slots. 

So please don't join the server when "SERVER IS FULL" message is on the main TAW web site between elapsed time and the map. 

If it works then we will be able to limit number of players for each side (for example to 45 players) to limit the imbalance during the peak time. 

The priority now is to add auto-restart functionality in case DServer crashes and force the developers to fix the bug in DServer ;)

• Upvote 4

Is It possible to de-register one side and register for the other, so no need to change in game profile name?

Sadly always the same guys that switch or stay red entirely. It gets really annoying.

I'd really like to see some incentive or mechanic that prevents people from always flying LW.

Edited by CountBreznak

Sadly always the same guys that switch or stay red entirely. It gets really annoying.

I'd really like to see some incentive or mechanic that prevents people from always flying LW.

I think giving rewards would be the best way. I.e. Allowed more aircraft or better weaponry for flying red during low population.

Rewards will have greater impact than trying to punish players (They will just go to a different server).

• Upvote 1

Is It possible to de-register one side and register for the other, so no need to change in game profile name?

yeah I have the same question... I'd like to change from Luftwaffe to VVS. Is there any way to do this from my side or does one of the admins have to do this?

I have the distinct impression this question is often asked ... Am sorry if there is a clear explanation somewhere on how to de-reegister and re-register on other side, looked a bit on forumpages but didn't see.

Well, i did like the Server the last Wars, although i wasnt very active in the last one.

Today, we liked to join the server with 4 player at once, because we are having our Mondy-Night-killsomereds-day.

The other 3 could join, i was on the map for second aswell, but got kicked right after that and got a 15 Minute Ban.
That means either the others wait 15 Minutes for me to join, or fly without me, and i have no real chance to join in..

(Switching to the homepage, spamming F5 all time, when one is free i have to switch ingame again and try my luck. if i fail and another one was quicker i have to wait another 15 Minutes)

Although i can unterstand your Intention, that ban is really bothering me, and i think we will not bother to try to join the Server with more than 3 people anymore. That really stops people and mostly squads to fly tactical attacks in Squad-size..  

Well, i did like the Server the last Wars, although i wasnt very active in the last one.

Today, we liked to join the server with 4 player at once, because we are having our Mondy-Night-killsomereds-day.

The other 3 could join, i was on the map for second aswell, but got kicked right after that and got a 15 Minute Ban.

That means either the others wait 15 Minutes for me to join, or fly without me, and i have no real chance to join in..

(Switching to the homepage, spamming F5 all time, when one is free i have to switch ingame again and try my luck. if i fail and another one was quicker i have to wait another 15 Minutes)

Although i can unterstand your Intention, that ban is really bothering me, and i think we will not bother to try to join the Server with more than 3 people anymore. That really stops people and mostly squads to fly tactical attacks in Squad-size..  

i let you guess what can be to connect 20 -IRRE- players at the same time ....

The team plays 80 % time as VVS , wanted to switch this time for LW  . Think will be back to VVS next TAW .

I think giving rewards would be the best way. I.e. Allowed more aircraft or better weaponry for flying red during low population.

Rewards will have greater impact than trying to punish players (They will just go to a different server).

MOAR P40!!!!

Not quite. It stops people from flying in squad size, when the team is already stacked and therefore prevents adding more fuel to the dumpsterfire that is balance in this campaign. The ban is probably a tool to limit the reconnect spam, if I understand the intention behind it correctly. If you want to have a higher chance of being able to all fly together in a big squad, I recommend joining VVS the next TAW.

Thumbs up for the change, it will not prevent those 28:2 situations, but at least it will make sure that VVS has a chance to even things out when players are available.

• Upvote 2

We are going to test the new slot reservation system Today. There previous one (players were kicked) didn't meet our expectations. The new one ban the players for 15min if they join the server where are not enough free slots. 

So please don't join the server when "SERVER IS FULL" message is on the main TAW web site between elapsed time and the map. 

I might not be an active forum contributor but since I enjoy the TAW server very much and I just want to let you know that this is a terrible idea in my opinion, and I hope you will reverse this 15 minute ban system.

I wish I had a solution to offer for the obvious balance problem you're having right now, but all I can do is voice my opinion about this latest decision.. as already mentioned it discourages squads to join, and you would need to check the site before joining which will make it very unlikely for you to successfully join. A JaVA member just got banned for 15 minutes because he joined when the server list said there were 83/84 players online.

Cheers,

Daan

56 vs 14...it becomes masochism to play on the red side...

To LG kathon info  : 

server 82/84 , just tried to connect , > banned for 15 min . 

this is correct. on TAW site was standing "SERVER IS FULL"

The reservation system will be activated only on monday from 19:00 - 20:00. The system will continue to be optimized.

There is no other technical possibility yet.

Edited by StG2_Raven

Big quorum difference it's wining the war? This is not possible! I remember reading here by "experienced" pilots that AA and Pe2 gunners win wars; no big quorum difference or organized players, like some of us, greenhorns with just 10+ years experience said!  :biggrin:

Edited by ECV56_Chimango

Quorum idea is great and needed for balance. If you want to join as a squad them fly the side needing players and stop stacking. What is the challenge of flying 50x10? Attcking the ground without opposition? Well, you can always do that in single player.

Big quorum difference it's wining the war? This is not possible! I remember reading here by "experienced" pilots that AA and Pe2 gunners win wars; no big quorum difference or organized players, like some of us, greenhorns with just 10+ years experience said!  :biggrin:

As I know the last campaign were playing more or less the same number of the players of the red and blue side.

As you know (or maybe not) i play right now on the red side and my own opinion exactly like it was before:

for the current mission design the red side has an advantage. 

Can't understand why the red players don't like to join and just win these 8 maps.

Edited by Norz

Can't understand why the red players don't like to join and just win these 8 maps.

My issue has been stability of server, joined 3 times and every time server crashed. Made me feel like I was wasting my time. That and most people I fly with are not active there or are flying blue. 

• Upvote 2