=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Hello, i'm new to TaW and had my first sortie today so i registered the account but i mispelled the name and now my account won't get the sorties i've been making... Can you guys delete for me? So i can create a new one? Sorry for the inconvenience! The name of the account is I./JG51_L.Faerber

Hello, i'm new to TaW and had my first sortie today so i registered the account but i mispelled the name and now my account won't get the sorties i've been making... Can you guys delete for me? So i can create a new one? Sorry for the inconvenience! The name of the account is I./JG51_L.Faerber

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=13216&name=LLv34_adexu

Seems like ppl who are team killing on TAW also try to change their name right away.

Also seems like it's totally normal to TK here. Maybe these ppl should go play on server with icons.

I mean, what kind of pilot you need to be, if you see 110 going between own field and enemy tanks, toward the tanks, at 1 km alt and attack it with 2x 109s?

Edited by LLv34_adexu

Bug fixed. Server is running.

Thank you very much Kathon!

I got shot down by a "grounded" Player ....

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=12734&name=[i./JG62]Lord_Efe

Thanks

He was grounded but his victim wrote not to ban him, so I decided to un-ground him.

You may register now I./JG51_Faerber account.

You fired at friendly aircraft. Warning.

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=13216&name=LLv34_adexu

Seems like ppl who are team killing on TAW also try to change their name right away.

Also seems like it's totally normal to TK here. Maybe these ppl should go play on server with icons.

I mean, what kind of pilot you need to be, if you see 110 going between own field and enemy tanks, toward the tanks, at 1 km alt and attack it with 2x 109s?

Yeah, sorry about that i was flying home after some engagements and saw 2 Russians following me, i was on ts and then one of the pilots there claimed he saw an PE-2 i followed him and he did a pass and didnt say anything, i did only one pass and identified you, so i told on ts it was an 110 and we stopped engaging, this kinda stuff happens sometimes, you gotta analyze the whole context, i was really worried about russian planes in the area, i failed in not recongizing you before i opened fire but i trusted the other pilots on TS. Im just changing my name to L. Faerber to Faerber so it's not like i'm trying to hide anything. 

Edited by I./JG51_Faerber

Yeah, sorry about that i was flying home after some engagements and saw 2 Russians following me, i was on ts and then one of the pilots there claimed he saw an PE-2 i followed him and he did a pass and didnt say anything, i did only one pass and identified you, so i told on ts it was an 110 and we stopped engaging, this kinda stuff happens sometimes, you gotta analyze the whole context, i was really worried about russian planes in the area, i failed in not recongizing you before i opened fire but i trusted the other pilots on TS. Im just changing my name to L. Faerber to Faerber so it's not like i'm trying to hide anything. 

So, 2 of you made 3 passes on me and made me ditch... GJ!

So, 2 of you made 3 passes on me and made me ditch... GJ!

i did one, if he did more than one it's not my problem. He was just another pilot, i barely know anyone on this server. I already said failed by not id you before shooting, so stop being salty, it won't get us anywhere. Isn't this suppose to be an attempt at simulating an Air War? Guess what, friendly fire happens sometimes be it in reality or in games. 

My sentiments exactly. I live in the central US (still in EST though) and I would love to fly TAW more, but my problems are two fold. First, the server is usually barely populated when I am able to fly. Second, I work 3rd shift, so my flying time is usually early morning EST. At that time, most of the people flying are from Europe/Russia/Australia/Asia and I can never seem to find anyone to fly with that speaks English, and sadly I am not bilingual in any form. Most of the English speakers that I do fly with are all on WoL so I just end up staying over there. I have tried flying lone wolf on TAW either in a fighter or bomber but it's absolute suicide...especially the murderous AAA.

I agree with most of this too. There are rarely English speakers on TAW, and because it's 24/7 (I think it is at least), there are rarely concentrations of more than 40 players.

But I won't settle for WoL because there's no planning beyond saying "let's go attack this target together". Plus it's unrealistic in the sense that people are free to fly around solo without any major repercussions. I flew earlier today and less than 1 minute after take-off a 109 swooped down from god knows how high above our airfield and knocked me out with a burst to the cockpit. 

Here is the resolution for anyone interested in a true air war simulation: Friday Night Bomber Flights. https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/23544-friday-night-bomber-flight-topic/page-1. It is a running campaign. Each Friday you are given a mission to fly with others in whatever aircraft you want (not just bombers). 

The only potential problem for North Americans is that it is really "Friday Mid-to-Late Afternoon Bomber Flights". It requires that you are free on Fridays from 2:00-4:30 pm EST. 

There are rarely English speakers on TAW,

When did u came to that conclusion? I mean i would say that roughly 80% are able to communicate sufficiently good in english.

Edited by DerSheriff

I'm referring to the VVS side, you Nazi swine. (just joking)

Why don't you join Friday Night Bomber Flights anyway?

I'm referring to the VVS side, you Nazi swine. (just joking)

Why don't you join Friday Night Bomber Flights anyway?

Hey man this topic is not a fu%$*n advertisement for FNBF server so stop repeating yourself.

And no there are no rarely english speaking guys, like Sheriff said there are about 80% that is able.

Hey man this topic is not a fu%$*n advertisement for FNBF server so stop repeating yourself.

And no there are no rarely english speaking guys, like Sheriff said there are about 80% that is able.

I'm referring to the VVS side. 

Here is a test. I went on the server earlier today. There were about 12 on the VVS side. In 15 minutes of messaging, trying to coordinate with others, I was able to determine that 1 of them spoke English. That is 8.3%, not 80%. Yesterday I was speaking with three others on TAW who could speak English out of about 20 on the VVS side (mostly Polish). That is 15%, not 80%. 

Perhaps it is 80% on the German side. I will never know because I will never fly with them. 

I still fly TAW though, I'm just saying it's difficult to coordinate. Coordination is easy with Friday Night Bomber Flights. 

As far as I know the server is maintained by Polish people, can't really blame them for communicating in their language. You can always learn it, as you demand from others to learn English.

You also compare a one in a week (?) meet up with a constantly running server, come on. Sometimes there will be a lot of English speakers, sometimes not so many, that's how it is.

I think your best option would be to look for a squad and just fly together?

Edited by Maurox
  • Upvote 2

Here is a test. I went on the server earlier today. There were about 12 on the VVS side. In 15 minutes of messaging, trying to coordinate with others, I was able to determine that 1 of them spoke English. That is 8.3%, not 80%. Yesterday I was speaking with three others on TAW who could speak English out of about 20 on the VVS side (mostly Polish). That is 15%, not 80%. 

Perhaps it is 80% on the German side. I will never know because I will never fly with them. 

I still fly TAW though, I'm just saying it's difficult to coordinate. Coordination is easy with Friday Night Bomber Flights. 

if you want coordination, join the TS. problem with text coordination is that it doesn't stay long and if ppl aren't paying attention to it they miss it (strugled myself quiet a bit)

• Upvote 3

As far as I know the server is maintained by Polish people, can't really blame them for communicating in their language. You can always learn it, as you demand from others to learn English.

We also speak English and sometimes fly with others foreign players if they join TS.

-------------------------------

If you encounter friendly AA that is firing at you or killed you please record a track in that case and send it to me with mission number. I will send it with mission file to the devs because in my opinion there is a bug in game, so they should check it.

Sir, this is fake news.

FEW, LG, TWB, RedEye, 19th and many more speak english. It may have little difference based on the timezone maybe. But your claim is so absolute that... I recommend you to read "Black Swan" by Nassim Nicholas Taleb.

I you happen to see me on the server I will be very happy to communicate with you in TS. On this you were right: Coordination is important.

Fly safe and see you in the sky o7

Emu

• Upvote 1

Taleb and his "black swan" are highly overrated. And they have nothing at all to do with my claim. This is my claim:

Coordination is not as strong on TAW as it is on FNBFs. The reason is quite simple.

FNBFs occur once a week for about 1.5-2.5 hours. Before the mission begins, all players are given "recon packs" that specify their mission orders, enemy units and movements on the map, who they are flying with, etc. All the energy and planning of those players interested in flying in the FNBF mission is concentrated for 1.5-2.5 hours a week in a single mission. As long as mission orders are followed, sorties are coordinated and realistic (bombers attack targets with fighter cover, ground attack aircraft depart in threes or pairs, etc.). The mission flown on the following week is a continuation of the previous week's mission (it's a campaign like TAW). 

TAW occurs 24/7 for up to a month (correct me if I'm wrong). Missions are about the same length, but they occur continuously throughout the month. Players enter the server when they can, look at the map to identify objectives for the mission, and attempt to meet those objectives before the mission ends and a new one begins. Sometimes there are 4 players, sometimes the server is full. Often they fly and coordinate with others. But even when the server is more than 50% full, sometimes there is no one to fly with, either because other players don't have TS (I do), because they don't read text chat, or because they don't speak English.

So the claim that coordination is stronger in FNBFs is objectively true based on this evidence and logic. If you are part of a squad, you can arrange to join the TAW server with your squad and coordinate with them on sorties. This increases coordination but it does not match the coordination in FNBFs because FNBFs essentially makes coordination mandatory for all players, regardless of whether they belong to a squad or not. 

Maurox wrote: "As far as I know the server is maintained by Polish people, can't really blame them for communicating in their language. You can always learn it, as you demand from others to learn English."

-I don't blame Polish people for communicating in their language. And I have great respect for those who have learned English as a second language because the world order is such that English is a primary international language and it benefits one socially and economically to know it. 

[TWB]ec0ke wrote: "if you want coordination, join the TS."

-I am on TS and when I logged into TAW the last couple times there was no one on it to speak to in English. That being said, I have coordinated with players on TAW using TS before. All I'm saying is that sometimes there's no one there to speak to. 

There's nothing absolute about what I'm saying here. As far as I can tell, the statement that coordination is stronger in FNBFs is true. TAW is still an excellent campaign server. 

Good evening Pilots,
Hope it is the right place to write.
I let you know about the incongruous discomfort that happened to me during a TAW session with my team. I was waiting to take off with my 110 when a Lion of such a Lyonx opened fire on me. Twice.
I wrote here on the forum under the advice of gentleman Kathon.

Fortunately, it's the first time that something like that happens to me ...
Best regards
Simon AKA Mannaia

post-3166-0-75569200-1497016434_thumb.png

Taleb and his "black swan" are highly overrated. And they have nothing at all to do with my claim. This is my claim:

Coordination is not as strong on TAW as it is on FNBFs. The reason is quite simple.

FNBFs occur once a week for about 1.5-2.5 hours. Before the mission begins, all players are given "recon packs" that specify their mission orders, enemy units and movements on the map, who they are flying with, etc. All the energy and planning of those players interested in flying in the FNBF mission is concentrated for 1.5-2.5 hours a week in a single mission. As long as mission orders are followed, sorties are coordinated and realistic (bombers attack targets with fighter cover, ground attack aircraft depart in threes or pairs, etc.). The mission flown on the following week is a continuation of the previous week's mission (it's a campaign like TAW). 

TAW occurs 24/7 for up to a month (correct me if I'm wrong). Missions are about the same length, but they occur continuously throughout the month. Players enter the server when they can, look at the map to identify objectives for the mission, and attempt to meet those objectives before the mission ends and a new one begins. Sometimes there are 4 players, sometimes the server is full. Often they fly and coordinate with others. But even when the server is more than 50% full, sometimes there is no one to fly with, either because other players don't have TS (I do), because they don't read text chat, or because they don't speak English.

So the claim that coordination is stronger in FNBFs is objectively true based on this evidence and logic. If you are part of a squad, you can arrange to join the TAW server with your squad and coordinate with them on sorties. This increases coordination but it does not match the coordination in FNBFs because FNBFs essentially makes coordination mandatory for all players, regardless of whether they belong to a squad or not. 

Maurox wrote: "As far as I know the server is maintained by Polish people, can't really blame them for communicating in their language. You can always learn it, as you demand from others to learn English."

-I don't blame Polish people for communicating in their language. And I have great respect for those who have learned English as a second language because the world order is such that English is a primary international language and it benefits one socially and economically to know it. 

[TWB]ec0ke wrote: "if you want coordination, join the TS."

-I am on TS and when I logged into TAW the last couple times there was no one on it to speak to in English. That being said, I have coordinated with players on TAW using TS before. All I'm saying is that sometimes there's no one there to speak to. 

There's nothing absolute about what I'm saying here. As far as I can tell, the statement that coordination is stronger in FNBFs is true. TAW is still an excellent campaign server. 

If I understand correctly, this is a TAW topic. Personally, I think this is an attempt to grab some players to another server. Impudent attempt. 

Everyone knows about your super coordinated server. If they want, they will come. Blah blah blah.

I spent some time with friends on this super coordinated server. we're flying an 1h to meet one running and smoking Il2. There were about 25 players on the server. Boring!!!

On TAW no one is forced you to do anything. You want to fly alone, you do it. You want to fly in a group, go to TS and fly in a group. It's simple.

Coordinating an attack is not a problem on this server. I have seen it many times. They do it on both sides.

I spent some time with friends on this super coordinated server. we're flying an 1h to meet one running and smoking Il2. There were about 25 players on the server. Boring!!! On TAW no one is forced you to do anything. You want to fly alone, you do it. You want to fly in a group, go to TS and fly in a group. It's simple. Coordinating an attack is not a problem on this server. I have seen it many times. They do it on both sides.

And that brings me to another benefit of FNBFs: realism and immersion. In reality, during war, pilots are briefed, carefully plan their attack according to orders, make sorties in groups, and obey orders. Sometimes missions will be a bit lame. Other times they will not. Pilots also tend to fear for their lives. During a FNBF mission, if you are killed, that is it. You have to wait a week. This further increases the immersion. In TAW you are capable of immediately re-flying, although your aircraft supply decreases. 

All I'm trying to do here is get some more players on board for FNBFs. TAW players in Europe would be sacrificing 1 or 2 TAW missions on a Friday night. Is the community that aggressively loyal to specific servers that these sorts of discussions can't go on between forums? 

As I said earlier. This is TAW topic not FNBF's. Stop this advertisement and go grab new players somewhere else. This is my last warning. :angry:

• Upvote 8

Hello pilots, i have a question. Are the I-16s unlimited now? 

I have read the manual but i-16 planeset table never gets to 0/2. It stays on 1/2 all the time. I have lost more 2 planes before completing  3 CMs.

http://taw-server.de/pilot.php?name=Swam-e

That is because you get one, if you have none. Every team has a "base plane" with gets replenised if you have no planes available anymore. The germans have right now the E7.

• Upvote 1

I spent some time with friends on this super coordinated server. we're flying an 1h to meet one running and smoking Il2. There were about 25 players on the server. Boring!!!

Sorry guys but this is big bullshit - I'm flying FNBF for two years now, and I like this because there is always action. And both FNBF&TAW formulas are similar to old il2 fronts. One is setup manually (FNBF) other automatically (TAW) to get that achieved. Taw and FNBF are great, and some need to coordinate their brains before know how to do it with others.

Edited by 307_Tomcat
  • Upvote 2

Well said Tomcat.

Ive fly in both TAW and FNBF ( FNBF since the very first "Blood in the skies" tester)

and to compare one to the other is like comparing oranges to apples.

Two different, but excellent servers in their own way.

There is always something to do, you just have to make it happen yourself, flying around and waiting for it to come to you is ridiculous horse shit.

And ive never had ANY problems finding English speaking players, even those for whom English is not their first language will try to speak it. Kudos to them, thanks.

There are so many great people and squads out there in our little community.

Seriously...... thank god for TAW , FNBF and other similar servers,  or online multiplayer would be pretty poor.

That's why people who moan about such things really yank my string......... if you can do it any better!!!

Edited by JG5_Schuck
  • Upvote 3

Good evening Pilots,

Hope it is the right place to write.

I let you know about the incongruous discomfort that happened to me during a TAW session with my team. I was waiting to take off with my 110 when a Lion of such a Lyonx opened fire on me. Twice.

I wrote here on the forum under the advice of gentleman Kathon.

Fortunately, it's the first time that something like that happens to me ...

Best regards

Simon AKA Mannaia

Lyonx banned permanently. 

Abent, Good kills!! u are very good on aiming and shot.

Where is the cover ??? ah! no cover, cause pe2 are indestructible!! the video its a inexplicable succes.....  :)

I dont want imagine what you can do with gunpods ..... 

On my last atack to stuka.... i waste more than 200 bullets  before the third shot of stuka gunner,  hit on my engine and break it.  It was logical, on report say i was attaking BSS_Sniper ( good defence, flying low )  

good work Abent, Not easy kill those 4 pe2. and no suffer damage

:)

Abent, Good kills!! u are very good on aiming and shot.

Where is the cover ??? ah! no cover, cause pe2 are indestructible!! the video its a inexplicable succes.....   :)

I dont want imagine what you can do with gunpods ..... 

On my last atack to stuka.... i waste more than 200 bullets  before the third shot of stuka gunner,  hit on my engine and break it.  It was logical, on report say i was attaking BSS_Sniper ( good defence, flying low )  

good work Abent, Not easy kill those 4 pe2. and no suffer damage

Yeah, especially since we were in a defensive formation.  I would at least expected him to be more careful in his attacks.  However he didn't need to worry about that apparently.  I'm amazed that he took out four Pe-2's with one 20mm and two 7.9mm using only 40% ammo.  Looks like he rarely misses.  Please abent, teach us how to shoot.  Maybe make a video that has the first person aspect so we can understand how you lead and calculate trajectory.  Don't be selfish, share your knowledge so that we can all enjoy this game more.

• Upvote 3

Dear TAW-Pilots

Need some explanationon on what I did wrong.

When I logged in, I saw that Zenino was at 100% damage and none defenses. So I took off from Mozhaisk which at that moment was damaged less than 40%. I flew the PE2 ser.87 as a transport plane. Since the mission already had begun I managed to do 5 transport deployments.

After the mission terminated I saw that apparently I crashed my plane. I'm 100% sure that I properly landed the transports on every mission. This is frustrating, a waste of time and a waste of team effort. Especially because I don't understand why. 

Here the mission record:

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot.php?name=[TWB]Emuyen

I hope someone can explain it. 

Fly safe o7

Emu

Edited by [TWB]Emuyen

Dear TAW-Pilots

Need some explanationon what I did wrong.

When I logged in, I saw that Zenino was at 100% damage and none defenses. So I took off from Mozhaisk which at that moment was damaged less than 40%. I flew the PE2 ser.87 as a transport plane. Since the mission already had begun I managed to do 5 transport deployments.

After the mission terminated I saw that apparently I crashed my plane. I'm 100% sure that I properly landed the transports on every mission. This is frustrating, a waste of time and a waste of team effort. Especially because I don't understand why. 

Here the mission record:

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot.php?name=[TWB]Emuyen

I hope someone can explain it. 

Fly safe o7

Emu

I just read the TAW manual and I think I know the problem.

An airfield (city) can only be captured by tanks. You can not capture an airfield (city) by landing on the airfield (Regardless of the plane). Meaning that you landed a perfectly fine plane on an enemy airfield... 

BlackHellHound1

:salute:

• Upvote 1

good work Abent

Thanks

I'm amazed that he took out four Pe-2's with one 20mm and two 7.9mm using only 40% ammo.  

it was MG151/15

PS my shooting built only on experience,I'm still flying for a very long time,since 2003,and in real life shooting a lot,my brain gives orders when to shoot)) (sorry for bad english)

• Upvote 1

Correct, it's not possible to capture the enemy city by planes anymore.

OK, although it's still on the manual:

3.5 Airfields and cities

Airfield is a vital strategic point on the map. If tank column captures the city it also capture nearby airfield. You may also capture enemy airfield by destroying it and then by landing transport planes on it. Airfields are very well defended by the strong AAA. You should attack them from the horizontal flight with heavy bombers. To completely destroy the airfield you need to destroy hangars, fuel dumps and static planes. Airfield is closed when it is damaged more than 75%. When airfield is damaged more then 85% then it's destroyed completely (no AA and buildings and damage set to 100%). Repaired airfield may be still closed for 1 or 2 mission. More then 90% damage will destroy completely and close the airfield in the next mission. Closed and destroyed airfield has NO AAA and you should land on it at least 8 transport planes to capture it. Transport planes are: Ju 52/3m with cargo, also Pe-2, He-111, Ju-88 with 100% fuel and no bombs and rockets. If this action is successful enemy airfield will be captured in the next mission.

Edited by HR_Tofolo
  • Upvote 1