=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

U got killed and the CM Counter got reset. From there u got every 3 CMs a new aircraft.

I saw some outstanding flying last night on behalf of the VVS. I was on a deep strike in an HE111 about 30k's from the north depot, and =KK=Des_ gave a wonderful display as he took out both of my engines with surgical skill. I was weaving trying to maintain altitude and make his life generally difficult. I watched helplessly in VR as he would climb up above my canopy and come down from above. When he was coming in for the attack I would try to turn unpredictably, somewhat unsuccessfully it seems. Anyway, it seemed to me that he put himself in harms way of my gunners, to focus on disabling me, rather than destroying me.

Once Engines had gone I had no choice but to drop bombs, feather props and glide to friendly space. He let me go. On behalf of all of my HE111 crew you have our thanks ;)

but this made me wonder. . .

Do ditched aircraft come off of the total AC available per side ?

Do ditched aircraft come off of the total AC available per side ?

To my knowledge a ditched plane is a lost one for the team.

Ditched plane is lost for 3 missions because its reparing.

We dont have discord but probably will have one soon.

Thanks Artur, but I was wondering specifically if the repairing AC comes off the sides total AC, on the AC lost for the side ?

But if you land (crash) on enemy territory then yes. Also planes on airfields (near hangars) if destroyed are also counted to global lost stats.

Thanks for the answer kathon, and Artur

Were there problems with the server last night. Had a couple of disconnects. first one effected many users but not all, and the second effected everyone I think, as the server list showed no users straight after I disco'd. I was in the middle of an awesome fight, probably would have died anyway, but the timing couldn't have been worse :) 

It's this disconnect on my stats though, I now have to wear it like a badge of shame :(

Edited by herne6210

dont worry Herne.

Disonnect sometimes is common, I suffer same disconections last night... but i have poor internet conection on home and suffer many disconnects .... Anyway, if u are damaged by enemy ( air or ground ) and u have a disconnect, kill go directily for enemy and u lost your virtual life. No shame here 

:)

There was probably problem with server connection in mission #496 so it kicked everyone. I wanted to fix stats for those who got DISCO but accidentally set 0 to planes quantity for everyone. 

Currently server is closed. If recovery is not possible then I will have to finish this map#5 with result "a draw", and load next map with new plane set. 

Sorry.

• Upvote 3

There was probably problem with server connection in mission #496 so it kicked everyone. I wanted to fix stats for those who got DISCO but accidentally set 0 to planes quantity for everyone. 

Currently server is closed. If recovery is not possible then I will have to finish this map#5 with result "a draw", and load next map with new plane set. 

Sorry.

When will the server be up and running again? Can you already tell us? thnx

Edited by Knipser

When will the server be up and running again? Can you already tell us? thnx

Sure :)

Server is running. New map #6. 

• Upvote 2

Thank you Kathon for your work  :salute:  But i miss my Yak1b. It seems all Reds have lost it in the new map.

Just a note:

With the current seven maps system we get four times Moscow and three times Stalingrad. Since we play "through the war" this is kinda odd. I would recommend to stick with Stalingrad after Map 3 or so.

• Upvote 2

Can someone explain me wtf happened with this stuka ? He was invisible for few seconds :blink:

https://youtu.be/kanGZ8JaY30?t=97

I had it in the past if I had our chinese collegues in front of me that they on occasions warped around quite a bit. I think there is some packet loss in the equation.

Yes that is possible also mostly packet loss looks like teleport jumping front and back 100 to 300 meters and this guy is invisible in normal view also I can see him in mall zoom.

I wish I would be half good as you are at bombing bro ;)

Fun stuff HvB

o7

• Upvote 1

I wish I would be half good as you are at bombing bro ;)

Fun stuff HvB

o7

Thx Bro (stop shooting me down) ; )

Some observations/thoughts. The random flak is fine, but maybe it could be fine tuned to be more realistic in the sense that there's not special operations/ninja 88's behind enemy lines shooting planes down. Let's face it, no one is going to send AAA units behind enemy lines, 5-10k outside enemy airfields to shoot down planes and that's actually happened, to me.

• Upvote 2

Hi Kathon, 

Yesterday the server crashed during a mission (#520) and some of our squadmates got Disco since some of them were damaged. Can we get the planes back, please?

Link and Link to mission.

Thx in advance

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=46421&name=JGr8_Krechet

WTF?

lost FW-190 in a "smooth place"

You hit each other, http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=46454&name=I./JG68_Sperber

Some observations/thoughts. The random flak is fine, but maybe it could be fine tuned to be more realistic in the sense that there's not special operations/ninja 88's behind enemy lines shooting planes down. Let's face it, no one is going to send AAA units behind enemy lines, 5-10k outside enemy airfields to shoot down planes and that's actually happened, to me.

fixed a little bit.

Server seems to have a problem, finishing flight is impossible, maybe restart required.

Edit: Yep, server needs restart, mission did not roll either.

Edited by 216th_Jordan
  • Upvote 2

Server seems to have a problem, finishing flight is impossible, maybe restart required.

Edit: Yep, server needs restart, mission did not roll either.

Def needs a restart or something. No one can join.

Yes yes we know. Stand by.

• Upvote 1

Yes yes we know. Stand by.

Whew, Im glad you guys are on it. I was worried, its been this way for a while and its Friday night. lol

So joined the server, or took 8 attempts to join after updating my game today.  Got in, no mission data, map didn't match up with what the website was showing.  I had radar available too so I disconnected.  Wonder if it bled me into WOL, server numbers made sense for TAW tho.   Don't know if there's some version control issues with the patch dropped today.  No luck getting in so I'll try again tomorrow.