=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Correct, it's not possible to capture the enemy city by planes anymore.

Doh!  :huh:

OK, although it's still on the manual:

i read the manual before and was happy to do something for the team.

i repeat: Doh!

Thanks to all for the answers.

Edited by [TWB]Emuyen

Any idea what happened here?

Flying along minding my own business, and BANG........ dead.

Direct Flak hit?

post-13065-0-43918900-1497290952_thumb.jpg

Seriously, i think that's it.

It went to the same external view of the plane exploding with nobody else about!!!

And ended my pilot career  :(

How odd..........

Build quality issues i guess!

OK, although it's still on the manual:

Ehhh.... I must have overlook it. Sorry! Need to fix it.

• Upvote 1

Any idea what happened here?

Flying along minding my own business, and BANG........ dead.

Direct Flak hit?

You probably collided with Kohah (or he collided with you), check his sortie: http://taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=13149&name=KOHAH (damaged and killed in the same time without any reason)

I checked the x,y coordinates and  you were at the same point at that time.

Just checking, but I'm repeatedly taking heavy caliber flak while in friendly territory. Last night I was directly over our own tank column and the entire time I was under fire. Another plane in the vicinity - also taking flak - reported that there was a battery of enemy guns inside friendly territory. Is this intended?

Just checking, but I'm repeatedly taking heavy caliber flak while in friendly territory. Last night I was directly over our own tank column and the entire time I was under fire. Another plane in the vicinity - also taking flak - reported that there was a battery of enemy guns inside friendly territory. Is this intended?

Yes its intended.

• Upvote 1

I dog fight a MIG3 on my 109F4 tonight all the way from 7000m to 1000m.

spent like 5min to get advantage on this MIG and shot him to black smoke

then when I was doing a scissors with MIG a friendly 109F2 shot me from my 6 and damage my wing make me broke off from the MIG

At the same time the 109F2 pursue and attack the MIG.

when I finally Realized there were no another Enemy near by .

The 109F2 has already chase the MIG to the deck 7-8km away and shot the MIG down

Im really Ok with "KS" if another guy got batter aim than me

but using this dirty little trick is really make me angry and upset

I not trying to make this guy Banned from the sever so Im not going to say the name of this guy

but I really neet this to Vent My Fucking Emotions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the most important is He shoot down this MIG using a NOT VALID PLNE!!!!
Edited by III./JG5_Georgelee

You probably collided with Kohah (or he collided with you), check his sortie: http://taw-server.de...3149&name=KOHAH (damaged and killed in the same time without any reason)   I checked the x,y coordinates and  you were at the same point at that time.

A successful TARAN then!! :lol:  

I didn't see a think.......maybe he didn't either, and we just met in the middle!

These things happen.

As for the kill stealing Georgelee, 

i did a head on with a Pe2 the other night, got both engines black smoking and a wing on fire,

only for another 109 to attack and shoot it down....... was it really necessary?

I looked them up, only to find it was one of the top scoring Axis pilots, maybe this is how he gets his kills!!!  :biggrin:

As for the kill stealing Georgelee,  i did a head on with a Pe2 the other night, got both engines black smoking and a wing on fire, only for another 109 to attack and shoot it down....... was it really necessary? I looked them up, only to find it was one of the top scoring Axis pilots, maybe this is how he gets his kills!!! 

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=11270&name=volga1965

Edited by MeoW.Scharfi
  • Upvote 5

Yeah, especially since we were in a defensive formation.  I would at least expected him to be more careful in his attacks.  However he didn't need to worry about that apparently.  I'm amazed that he took out four Pe-2's with one 20mm and two 7.9mm using only 40% ammo.  Looks like he rarely misses.  Please abent, teach us how to shoot.  Maybe make a video that has the first person aspect so we can understand how you lead and calculate trajectory.  Don't be selfish, share your knowledge so that we can all enjoy this game more.

Wow, just amazed that it appears that he wasn't even hit by either the ground units or the Pe2s.

Normally even going to an enemy airfield with apparent high energy levels as a single aircraft, I usually get taken out.

In addition, against 4 x Pe2s, I've never seen a player so casual with their attacks from the rear against the good old Pe2.

Pezman, when the shooting master has taught you how, please share with the rest of us.

• Upvote 1

uoa sharfi !!! poor pe2   :)

schuck  this time u was wrong mate, this kill was for Meow :))

anyway its true some times ,pilots we are too hungry ( included me ) , but on general TAW no have the same level of steal kills like other servers i think. And u always can use chat with respect for ask .

Edited by RedEye_Tumu
  • Upvote 2

Great server and concept for how things work on the ground, earning aircraft, etc.

I do have a request!

Yesterday, a squad mate ground looped his Lagg-3 on take off, but he taxied and took off and flew with the rest of us, then flew 2 more sorties.

Unbeknownst to him or us, that first sortie he was considered Ditched (before he took off!), and the following two sorties the log showed Not Valid Plane. This because we all only had 1 Lagg-3 to start.

Thus none of his 3 sorties counted for any CM's, plus his kill was not given to him, it went to a squad mate who also damaged the target aircraft. This I know because in the sim while flying, the Ditched pilot had the kill credited to him via the Tab key.

So here's the request :) :

If you damage your aircraft on the ground Before you take off (e.g. you ground loop), and TAW considers you Ditched, can you please notify the pilot immediately so he can take the correct action and not waste this or future sorties?

Also, if possible, if the plane was considered Ditched, and that was the only one left, can you warn the pilot if they spawn in the same type (since they now actually have 0 left) that it is invalid?

Otherwise it seems that you only get warned if the count for that plane type is 0 when you first join the server, or the mission just ended and the plane counts have been adjusted and the count for that plane type is 0.

Thanks!

AKA_Relent

Edited by AKA_Relent

Can I make a suggestion / give my opinion on this campaign's changes from the view of a heavy bomber pilot.

Removing 1000kg bombs from frontline airfields is fair enough I suppose however, this in turn means that an average mission to the enemy's depot with a bomber carrying 2 x 1000kg bombs is around 45 minute to 1 hour round trip.

I'm not sure if this server has altered the performance of the planes but it takes a HE111 with 2 x 1000kg bombs, (even with the minimum fuel to reach and return from a depot) around 20 minutes to climb to 4000m (this is the minimum safe altitude as the super sniper flak will destroy anything that's travelling level in a straight line for too long).

I love the new lay out of the factories however, the amount of ground kills in the new building is a bit ridiculous. On one mission when the enemy factory was at 0% damage, I dropped my 1000kg bombs into the middle of built up clusters of buildings. Total number of ground kills was 19.

Another mission which was identical to the above resulted in 22 ground kills.

On the previous campaign I would have averaged 52 ground kills for 2 x 1000kg direct hits on the factory. 

So now I fly on average for 1 hour to get 19 ground kills. I feel it is no longer worth my while flying these missions to the factories.

If I take 4 x 250kg bombs in a HE111 or a 1000kg bomb JU87, ​I can score up to 30 ground kills from a direct hit on an enemy train station, in less than half the time. This reinforces the waste of time and effort in targeting depots on long range missions. 

I know its not all about personal scores.... but.... it kinda is too. 

I now find myself doing stupid stuff in a heavy bomber just to try and get a handful of kills which I would not have done previously. I love making the 1 hour round trip missions but only if it's worth my while.

I don't want to sound like I'm moaning because I love the server and immersion it brings, I just feel frustrated that a fighter can rack up more ground killed from attacking a convoy in the same time it takes me to travel an immense distance into enemy territory and back. 

I'm sure I wont be the only long range bomber pilot to think this way and I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

Anyway, 

Happy flying pilots and I'll see you on the other side.

• Upvote 2

Well leno and what should Pe2 pilot say with two 500 bombs ?  :)  They make less target destroyed than this two 1000kg bombs and to be honest destroying ~15 targets in one flight is a lot. We've developed this campaign to make it little bit harder than last one and I don't think we want to change it.

Btw you (blue) are making good efforts bombing depots on every map and because of that red side takes hard times in their offensive actions. :ph34r:

• Upvote 3

This new AAA-accuracy is very annoying. Nobody can survive an attack run because at least your wing gets wripped off after 3 sec dive at the latest. Even at 4,5k level bomb and turn away with 400km/h in a shallow dive with frequently changing of direction, I got my two engines hit fatally after 10 sec after the weapons opened fire. It is no more fun flying at TAW!!

• Upvote 1

This new AAA-accuracy is very annoying. Nobody can survive an attack run because at least your wing gets wripped off after 3 sec dive at the latest. Even at 4,5k level bomb and turn away with 400km/h in a shallow dive with frequently changing of direction, I got my two engines hit fatally after 10 sec after the weapons opened fire. It is no more fun flying at TAW!!

To me it sounds like you were alone against those air defenses.  If that is the case you are lucky to have survived honestly.

We (the 19//) flew a couple rounds on TAW as Axis the other day and had much luck destroying the AAA at a tank column using 4x BF-109E7's with all the armor.  You are going to get hit more than likely and that armor really does increase your survivability.

IMO, if you are going to attack a target alone you need to take the air defenses out before you attempt any attack.  By that I mean dedicate a flight just for destroying AAA, no other reason.  Take a 109E or 110E with all the armor added, two 500kg bombs (in 110) and dive in on the AAA from a decent altitude.  Do not fly over the target, start on the ends and work your way inward with the AAA.  Remember to egress low after your strike, I mean treetops, because if you zoom up you are allowing all the AAA guns at the target to shoot at you, flying out on the deck allows only a couple of guns to shoot at you.  Once you have gotten out of light AAA range, climb back up to about 1-2km and repeat.  If you take a hit it's time to RTB. 

That is with cannon's mostly.  If you take the two 500kg bombs, and let's say you're attacking an enemy defensive position, then drop the two 500kg's semi-close to each other inside the defensive position, anywhere really, then run.  The concussive shock from those bombs will destroy light AAA even outside the blast radius, so two 500kg's can knock out the AAA on one side of a defensive position in one attack.  So do that attack twice (two flights) and the dangerous AAA will be mostly gone and you can attack with immunity... until the fighters show up.

To be honest, taking out AAA on the VVS is easier because you can be more aggressive with it.  As a LW pilot you need to be strictly disciplined.  The aircraft are more fragile but that doesn't mean they are worse.  They can egress and climb back up to a safe altitude quicker, so it's a tradeoff. 

Also, last but not least... No Heroes!

That means if you have the thought "one last pass" it's already too late for you.  Might as well ditch and save yourself the trouble of thinking you can make it back to base.

• Upvote 1

I second what p3z said above.  (We had 4 109 E7s, 1 110E and 1 Ju88 (me))

I took a number of hits from AAA but because we made a single fast diving pass, I did not take critical damage and flew home safely.

The AAA has already been reduced compared to previous campaigns as far as I've noticed, but still a foolish idea to try and attack alone.  I see most of the folks complaining about it fly in alone, slow, and at a shallow angle.  I don't even get a chance to shoot at them because they are so suicidal in their approach that the flak deals with them before I can open fire.

Also suppressive fire is your friend. Attack the column from either end flying in line with it. As you do, shoot. It's irrelevant if you hit anything, you just want bullets striking the ground near the AAA crews. This will make them abandon their guns and run away, at least for a while. Unmanned guns can't shoot you, and are easy to destroy.

• Upvote 1

If I got hit by enemy and Ruined my propeller when landing  it will count as Shot down by enemy  right?

I have some experience that I got hit by enemy at the first and ditch on the field(with out landing gear) or land perfectly on the airfield but engine stoped after that.  they all counts SHOT DOWN by enemy (both Scoring board in game and Web side 

once I got hit by some VVS 7.62 guns.(maybe got 2-3 holes on my wing)  I dont even notice that until I landed on our airfield but Ruined my propeller because of my error to Miscalculated the speed

It end up I was shot down by that guy

Then the last few days I Let some VVS black smoking planes escape and wait for the Kill counts

Sometimes I never got the Kill. because the pilot manage to land the plnes with out damege the propeller or back to the base before the engine quiets(That is totally acceptable)

But sometimes  I already got the kill on the Scoring board in game but nothing on the web side

its happend 4 times at least in 7 days

Last time I even asked the VVS player after I got the kill on the Scoring board in game and he told me he never made it back to the AF and crashed on a open field. But I got no kills on web when i check it after the game

This is a really annoying thing that  I hope can get a answer

Is it Simply Calculation error of the sever or some game mechanic? in some Cases it will no show on the web side? 

I like your server it is fun and well done, a lot of though and work have been done for sure.

May I suggest in the next campaign to replace the name ditching for crash land or simply crash in the stats.  

Ditch or ditching only happen when you crash on water not on land ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_landing

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/ditching

Edited by ATAG_dB
  • Upvote 1

Some highlights from TAW earlier this month including some bloopers.

Noting the discussion on flak, yes it's hard to avoid but not impossible when flying alone. You just need to come in very fast and stay low. Obviously, flying with others increases your chances of making it. If you make more than one pass you are asking for it - just like real life.

I always dive at the target leaving room to increase the angle of the dive. As soon as I see tracer coming up I bunt forward and let it go over the top. It takes the gunners a few seconds to adjust fire, and when they do, bunt forward again. If you get hit then RTB asap. Be disciplined. Fly in a squad if possible (The Nineteenth is always recruiting)

The below video shows this being done both successfully and unsuccessfully:

• Upvote 2

Is the Flak heavier or comparable to RE+? I have quiet some flying time for next weekend, and might chip in if RE's campaign ends. 

Grt M