Tactical Air War

• Please log in to reply
5385 replies to this topic

#4161 19//p3zman

19//p3zman
  • Founder

Posted 24 May 2017 - 17:24

hahahaha, lmao :lol:

Oh man, Judas Priest... I forgot about this song too.

WoL are rebels!

"You and I have the courage to say to our enemies, 'there is a price we will not pay; there is a point beyond which they must not advance.'"

#4162 5.IAP_xshinel

5.IAP_xshinel

Posted 26 May 2017 - 02:12

The new season will be started in this weekend?
Is everything goes well?

Hahah, can't wait

#4163 Pericles

Pericles

Posted 26 May 2017 - 20:55

How does team speak work on the TAW server? How does one access team speak? (I see on the TAW website the address and password, but where do you plug in the address and password?)

And do the majority of players even coordinate, or do most just fly without any coordination (like in Wings of Liberty)?

I'm hoping for a coordinated Soviet campaign. Not a f*^% fest like in WoL. 

#4164 I./ZG15_Lafutsch

I./ZG15_Lafutsch

Posted 26 May 2017 - 21:25

You download Teamspeak, and type in the Adress and the PW..

It is kind of coordinated, at least a lot more as on WOL...because your life and the planes count, you will see a lot less of "suicide" Runs.

It is way more coordinated on both sides, you sometimes see coordinated and planned attacks with 20+ Planes

#4165 =LG=Kathon

=LG=Kathon
  • Founder

Posted 27 May 2017 - 14:53

The new season will be started in this weekend?

Probably yes :)

More info today late evening. 

"We’re waiting for you, red plague. To save us all from the black death. Waiting for a salvation.  
To be welcomed with disgust. By a country that’s already been hanged and quartered."
taw_bar.jpg

#4166 =LG=Kathon

=LG=Kathon
  • Founder

Posted 27 May 2017 - 21:03

New TAW campaign starts 28.05.2017 Sunday morning.

What's new:

• Support for Russian language
  • New bigger maps: Moscow_North and Stalingrad_South (pictures of new airfields are not available at the moment. They will be added after few days)
  • New depot. Now each depot is different and consist of larger number of buildings. 
  • New layouts of defense position. Half of the strength of defense is in tanks and anti-tank artillery, next 30% in dugouts and the rest in armored trucks and BM13. Number of AA was increased.
  • Number of tanks in convoy increased to 20. Now tank convoy counts almost 40 vehicles.
  • AI level of AA in random troops lowered. Number of AA increased at bridges.
  • Layout of objects on the airfields slightly changed.
  • After capturing enemy city the nearby airfield is closed for one mission (it's in repair)
  • On each map there two or tree "border cities" per side located far away from the front line. You can identify those on the map by a little dot near airfield icon on the TAW main page.Those airfields and defense position are constantly supplied after each mission. They are closed only for one mission if repaired. You can takeoff from those airfields by transport planes even its damage is more than 40%. They can also send supply convoys to other cities even if having high damage.
  • Slightly changed plane set: 

planeset_v1_4_7.jpg

• VYa23 is not available for the IL-2 AM-38 '41 on the first map #1
  • Sh37 is limited for the IL-2 AM-38 ’42. Limitation depends on depot destruction.
  • IL-2 AM-38F '43 added to map #6 and #7
  • SC1000 is limited for the He 111 H-6. It’s not available on front-line airfields and limitation depends on depot destruction.
  • SC1000+ forbidden in Ju-88
  • If you want to change your pilot's name during the campaign please register then log in and change name in Pilot Profile on the main page. If you create new account (the same side) it will be automatically locked. 
  • Manual is up to date.

Registration is open.

Good luck!

"We’re waiting for you, red plague. To save us all from the black death. Waiting for a salvation.  
To be welcomed with disgust. By a country that’s already been hanged and quartered."
taw_bar.jpg

#4167 Klever

Klever
  • Founder

Posted 27 May 2017 - 21:22

Morning, it's great. What time exactly in the morning.

#4168 =11=herne

=11=herne
  • Tester

Posted 28 May 2017 - 13:48

Could someone explain to me what not valid plane means ? I bombed a bridge, and some aa with a ju87, and 2 * 250kg bombs and one * 500, and the stats say I hit no ground targets and that it's not a valid plane ?

Yet I took the bridge out, for the duration of that map :(

Edited by herne6210, 28 May 2017 - 13:49.

#4169 =LG=Piciu

=LG=Piciu

Posted 28 May 2017 - 15:09

Could someone explain to me what not valid plane means ? I bombed a bridge, and some aa with a ju87, and 2 * 250kg bombs and one * 500, and the stats say I hit no ground targets and that it's not a valid plane ?

Yet I took the bridge out, for the duration of that map :(

"Not valid plane" message means that you don't have this specific aircraft at your pool. At start of new mission you have 1/1 Ju-87. At mission #3 you flew two times with this plane. In first flight you have been killed and lost your plane, so in your pool there's no more Ju-87 (0/1). But you flew with this plane second time during this mission so you received "not valid plane" message and this sortie is not count to you.
http://taw-server.de...?name=herne6210

Edited by =LG=Piciu, 28 May 2017 - 15:12.

'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!

taw_bar.jpg

#4170 =11=herne

=11=herne
  • Tester

Posted 28 May 2017 - 15:25

"Not valid plane" message means that you don't have this specific aircraft at your pool. At start of new mission you have 1/1 Ju-87. At mission #3 you flew two times with this plane. In first flight you have been killed and lost your plane, so in your pool there's no more Ju-87 (0/1). But you flew with this plane second time during this mission so you received "not valid plane" message and this sortie is not count to you.
http://taw-server.de...?name=herne6210

Thank you so much, so I need to log into the website first, to see what I have, before every sortie ?

Thinking about it, the random expert server has a nice feature, where if you launch, with an aircraft that's not valid you get kicked. Could prevent the deep strike disappointment when your sorties take well over an hour. Could be a nice feature for future updates.

Edited by herne6210, 28 May 2017 - 15:29.

#4171 Squint_Eatswood

Squint_Eatswood

Posted 28 May 2017 - 15:30

I noted a little unbalance in the teams, right now is 32 Luft vs 10 VVS, can this situation be addressed?

#4172 DerSheriff

DerSheriff

Posted 28 May 2017 - 16:16

I noted a little unbalance in the teams, right now is 32 Luft vs 10 VVS, can this situation be addressed?

Problem since the start of TAW. we need more variable players. 

#4173 RedEye_Tumu

RedEye_Tumu
  • Founder

Posted 28 May 2017 - 17:54

first season and i be kiked... plane lost, cm lost, streak lost... i start fantastic this edition.

good hunt meosharif.... lost connect,

)

#4174 =L/R=Coldman

=L/R=Coldman

Posted 28 May 2017 - 18:17

What about =2ndSS=Envoy he killed me while flying peshka with his i16 very close range.

#4175 [TWB]Emuyen

[TWB]Emuyen

Posted 29 May 2017 - 06:04

Problem since the start of TAW. we need more variable players. 

Yesterday from 21:30 - 23:00 (UTC+2) inbalance in favor of VVS. I think more and more player are getting a hand on VVS planes.

Thank you Kathon. I missed TAW :)

Edited by Emuyen, 29 May 2017 - 12:05.

ueLVQMt.pngQ9NkKep.jpg

#4176 =LG=Kathon

=LG=Kathon
  • Founder

Posted 29 May 2017 - 10:35

What about =2ndSS=Envoy he killed me while flying peshka with his i16 very close range.

=2ndSS=Envoy grounded for 3 days. 

taw_bar.jpg

#4177 =11=herne

=11=herne
  • Tester

Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:34

My plane list says I have a couple of HE111's but in game they show as being locked. Why is that ?

#4178 =11=herne

=11=herne
  • Tester

Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:57

Someone shot me down last night, I was looking at my sortie log, because I wanted to congratulate them. While looking for enemy tanks I got bounced by a couple of I 16's in really tight formation. Really nice flying !! thing is though it's not in my sortie log. It would have been right after the mission where I ditched a ju87, on take off *Blush* 

I wondered if maybe its because they didn't have this aircraft in their hangar and had a not valid aircraft warning ?

#4179 =LG=Kathon

=LG=Kathon
  • Founder

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:50

My plane list says I have a couple of HE111's but in game they show as being locked. Why is that ?

There is limited number of He111 with unlocked payload (SC1000 available). Number of those unlocked HE111 depends on airfield's damage and depot's damage.

There is also unlimited number of He111 with locked payload (SC1000 not available). They are marked as "locked" and the airfield, but you can use them normally as long as you have them in your hangar on the webpage (refreshed after each mission). 

Someone shot me down last night, I was looking at my sortie log, because I wanted to congratulate them. While looking for enemy tanks I got bounced by a couple of I 16's in really tight formation. Really nice flying !! thing is though it's not in my sortie log. It would have been right after the mission where I ditched a ju87, on take off *Blush* 

I wondered if maybe its because they didn't have this aircraft in their hangar and had a not valid aircraft warning ?

The only damage you got was during the ditching (sum of damage equals 100% in the last 2 seconds). They didn't hit you in that case, so there is no info about the attackers. 

Edited by =LG=Kathon, 30 May 2017 - 07:51.

taw_bar.jpg

#4180 =11=herne

=11=herne
  • Tester

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:24

There is limited number of He111 with unlocked payload (SC1000 available). Number of those unlocked HE111 depends on airfield's damage and depot's damage.

There is also unlimited number of He111 with locked payload (SC1000 not available). They are marked as "locked" and the airfield, but you can use them normally as long as you have them in your hangar on the webpage (refreshed after each mission). 

The only damage you got was during the ditching (sum of damage equals 100% in the last 2 seconds). They didn't hit you in that case, so there is no info about the attackers. 

Ah no. I meant that straight after I ditched the JU87, I took a mc202 with 2 * 100kg bombs. I got shot down. but that entire mission is not in my sortie log

#4181 Pericles

Pericles

Posted 30 May 2017 - 13:32

For those of you who enjoy TAW-style multiplayer, consider signing up as a fighter, ground attack, or bomber for the "Friday Night Bomber Flights" this Friday. ~3 hours long, no hud, no navigational aides. Thread is here:

https://forum.il2stu...r-flight-topic/

#4182 =LG=Leutnant_Artur

=LG=Leutnant_Artur

Posted 30 May 2017 - 14:24

And you ? Do you enjoy TAW ? How about you fly here friday night hmm ?

#4183 =11=herne

=11=herne
  • Tester

Posted 30 May 2017 - 15:06

To be fair TAW can be full at prime time. 

#4184 III./JG5_reiljuin8892

III./JG5_reiljuin8892
  • Founder

Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:48

What happens for about 4 hours doesn't finish the map...we will have a night flight today?that's cool...

locked 111 means locked 2*1000kg :wacko: 

#4185 DerSheriff

DerSheriff

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:38

I like that it is basically a stalemate. Much better than last time. Lots of great fighting.

#4186 Maurox

Maurox

Posted 31 May 2017 - 07:31

Just wanted to say thank you to the guys running this server, it's just great! I wanted to take part in the previous one but somehow navigating without icons seemed overwhelming to me. Well this time I kind of forced myself into it and realised it's really not that bad. Got a map on my tablet which makes it much easier and tweaked some settings for better terrain visibility. My first few missions in a 110 were rather poorly planned and I got nailed by enemy AA twice, but yesterday I had a few nice JABO missions in the Emil, with other guys flying cover. We took care of AA, destroyed a lot of ground targets and I even managed to shoot down an Ishak in self defence:) Great job guys and keep it coming, this is so much better than WoL!

#4187 E69_geramos109

E69_geramos109

Posted 31 May 2017 - 07:33

No A5, no G4 but reds have 127series 3 maps ok.
I supose that is because there is no kuban map and you want to keep it historical so i hope you dind't forget to forbide engine mod on La5 as well.

#4188 JG4_Etherlight

JG4_Etherlight

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:02

Thank god there's no A-5, that thing is OP as hell right now compared to what the VVS guys have. :D I wouldn't mind the G-4, since that's basically just a bastard between the F-4 and G-2, but if it's about historical appearance, then it's fine as it is.

#4189 =LG=Kathon

=LG=Kathon
  • Founder

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:15

Ah no. I meant that straight after I ditched the JU87, I took a mc202 with 2 * 100kg bombs. I got shot down. but that entire mission is not in my sortie log

Are you talking about mission #22. You ditched Ju 87 about 29.05.2017 23:15:48, and then you took off on MC.202 about 29.05.2017 23:19:29 (4 minutes later) with 2x100kb bombs. So it is in your log:

http://taw-server.de...&name=herne6210

But you landed in that sorite.

What happens for about 4 hours doesn't finish the map...we will have a night flight today?that's cool...

locked 111 means locked 2*1000kg :wacko: 

DServer error. From time to time it locks mission files and script can't delete them and than it can't generate new one.

Please check ELAPSED TIME on the main page before joining the server. If it's more than 2 hours it means that something went wrong.

No A5, no G4 but reds have 127series 3 maps ok.
I supose that is because there is no kuban map and you want to keep it historical so i hope you dind't forget to forbide engine mod on La5 as well.

Yak 127 s3 is a collector plane and not everyone have it. There is 0 quantity of it at the beginning of those 3 maps so you have to make CM to have it.

Blue have had Bf 110 G-2 for few campaigns (but on the other hand now Red have new Il-2 '43).

We wanted to add G4 if Yak 7b is available and add A5 if P39 is available but we will think once again about it. 

taw_bar.jpg

#4190 DerSheriff

DerSheriff

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:34

The A5 wont get a real competitor anyway. Not with Kuban. So wouldn't mind to add it in the last 1-2 Maps.

Edited by DerSheriff, 31 May 2017 - 11:35.

#4191 =LG=Leutnant_Artur

=LG=Leutnant_Artur

Posted 31 May 2017 - 13:19

We'll (probably) add planes after Spit release.

#4192 I./ZG15_dasSofa

I./ZG15_dasSofa
  • Founder

Posted 31 May 2017 - 14:46

I will often join TAW when my lovely BF 110 G2 is availible :salute:

Edited by I./ZG15_dasSofa, 31 May 2017 - 14:47.

sucks.png

Everything is clear, if you know who did the ADW!

#4193 =LG=Leutnant_Artur

=LG=Leutnant_Artur

Posted 31 May 2017 - 20:04

I will often join TAW when my lovely BF 110 G2 is availible :salute:

Its map 6 & 7

#4194 [I./JG62]Lord_Efe

[I./JG62]Lord_Efe

Posted 31 May 2017 - 20:14

I shot down an I16, in my BF110, he startet burning and crashed, i killed his Pilot but didn't got the kill on the plane. 

http://taw.stg2.de/p..../JG62]Lord_Efe

Thanks =) 

BTW: Love the current state of TAW! Good work!!!

#4195 =L/R=Mad_Mikhael

=L/R=Mad_Mikhael

Posted 01 June 2017 - 06:26

Same with me.

I shot 3 guys down and i didn't get any kill. (i recorded it if requested)

http://taw.stg2.de/p...me=MeoW.Scharfi

First poor guy got hit, started to burn and hit the ground with his IL-2(Kill for sure)

Second guy got a lot hits and ditched(i am not sure about this one)

Unfortunately again him. I hit his Peska many times and he flew back home with black smoke.

I don't know what happend to him but it says shot down as well.

2 times "shot-down" on my enemy and didn't get the kills.

I hope you can check this out.  :)

First one was shotdown by AA, then you damaged him. http://taw.stg2.de/p...me==gRij=ToReRo

English is not my native language. Please feel free to correct my mistakes. Thank you.

#4196 RedEye_Tumu

RedEye_Tumu
  • Founder

Posted 01 June 2017 - 07:18

some times succes :

http://taw.stg2.de/p...ame=RedEye_Tumu

some kils dont count.

:)

#4197 =LG=Kathon

=LG=Kathon
  • Founder

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:11

It's possible to click on enemy name in your sortie to see his sortie.

I shot down an I16, in my BF110, he startet burning and crashed, i killed his Pilot but didn't got the kill on the plane. 

http://taw.stg2.de/p..../JG62]Lord_Efe

Thanks =) 

BTW: Love the current state of TAW! Good work!!!

This is probably game bug.

About 15 min after enemy took of he got 100% plane damage by himself (engine failed, prop broken etc). Then you damaged pilot. Eventually he ejected and was killed. There is no info in log files that you shot him down. I assume that because his airplane was damaged by himself in 100% first, game didn't count air kill to you at all. It's hard to say.

Same with me.

I shot 3 guys down and i didn't get any kill. (i recorded it if requested)

First poor guy got hit, started to burn and hit the ground with his IL-2(Kill for sure)

Second guy got a lot hits and ditched(i am not sure about this one)

Unfortunately again him. I hit his Peska many times and he flew back home with black smoke.

I don't know what happend to him but it says shot down as well.

2 times "shot-down" on my enemy and didn't get the kills.

I hope you can check this out.  :)

First was shot down by AA.

Second landed on airfield.

You had landed and ended your sortie before he was shot down. 

some times succes :

http://taw.stg2.de/p...ame=RedEye_Tumu

some kils dont count.

:)

First kill counted, but second not because you had been shot down and ended sortie before enemy ejected. 

I will try to change the script to count such kills which happens after end of the sortie.

taw_bar.jpg

#4198 [TWB]Emuyen

[TWB]Emuyen

Posted 01 June 2017 - 09:47

Dear Admins

Please unlock my account. I just added the SQUAD Tag and the Server didn't like it :-)

Take your time but do it fast. I. Must. Fly... aaaargh  :fly: the additcion for TAW is strong in this one.

Regards,

Emu

ueLVQMt.pngQ9NkKep.jpg

#4199 =FEW=ayamoth89

=FEW=ayamoth89

Posted 01 June 2017 - 17:12

LG guys, I got disco soon after I was damaged by SDV_kimadzaki.

So I was considered dead,as you could see from all my stats I don't do that at all. It was a game problem. Can I have my life back?

http://taw.stg2.de/p...==FEW=ayamoth89

#4200 =FEW=fernando11

=FEW=fernando11

Posted 02 June 2017 - 02:34

LG staff, first of all, I give you my biggest congratulations on what I find is the most immersive server yet.
It is my first post but, as well as the rest of my squad we have been enjoying this server for a while now!

I have to comment on a weird situation, or even a bug:
Yesterday, along with my squad, we were flying a sorty, at the end of it, over our FRIENDY AIRFIELD, waiting to land, I got a direct hit by friendly aaa (52-K)
I dont know, and I dont think, that ACTUAL PRJECTILES of big aaa are modeled, so I dont think I got hit on the crossfire, I think I was engaged and shot at by a friendly unit
This is the sorty log

http://taw.stg2.de/p...=FEW=fernando11

I got the recording of the event by shadowplay, and also the ingame track, also watching the replay, you can se that my plane icon is blue and the airfiel aaa is red... Leading me to belive I got targeted as an enemy

I guess you can imagine my frustration, specialy because I took extra care not to get killed since the begining of this campaign
If somebody can take the time to review this case I would be very gratefull.
Anyway, keep the good work and see you in the skyes

4 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

BraveSirRobin, DerSheriff