PatrickAWlson

PWCG Bug Reports

Taking notes and fixing things as they come.  I have no major changes on the horizon so this is a good ime for bug fixes and maybe very small features.  i will drop a new version every week.  If your issue is not fixed on the next one then it will be on the one after that or after that or after that ...

Cleaning up the missions is important and should be a relatively simple fix, so I will look to get that done as a higher priority.

He Patrick.

Some little things to (maybe) consider.

When tasked with a ground attack mission (109 F2 in my case) the climb WP's aren't needed. Would it be possible to have a button in the mission screen to delete them (only the climb WP's)?

When debriefing, the map shows alright, but the text is unscrollable. The next screen does show the full text with a scrollbar, but the initial debrief does not.

In the mission briefing I can see the frontline, but in game there is no front line.

In ROF I can see the mission path flown, in BOS I cannot. (in debrief I mean).

Greets,

Bando

Edited by Bando

1. You can already add, delete and move any WP.  Hover over the WP.  When the cursor turns into a hand right click.  You will see a 'remove WP" option.  Note to self - I can automatically limit the number of climb WPs for lower altitude missions.

2. On the to do list.  I just checked and a scroll bar is in the code.  I have to figure out why it is not showing on the screen.

3. Does BoS have a way to show the lines?  The lines in PWCG are a series of MCU icons.  I have never written these into the mission file.  Of course in RoF there is not much need - the lines are the mud.  Is there a feature in BoS that makes the front lines appear on the in game map?

4. BoS does not record the player's flight path in the logs, so I cannot show it.

Edited by PatrickAWlson

He Patrick, thanks for responding.

1. I know I can delete WP's, but there's always a WP on top of the Take Off WP.

I just deleted the wrong one too many times I guess ;)

2. Thanks.

3. In the campaign mode of BOS I can see the frontline on the map. I have no idea how this is done.

4. Pity, but alas....

I can confirm the frontline in the inflight map in the BOS campaign and there is also in the debriefing map the player´s flightpath.

3. Does BoS have a way to show the lines?  The lines in PWCG are a series of MCU icons.  I have never written these into the mission file.  Of course in RoF there is not much need - the lines are the mud.  Is there a feature in BoS that makes the front lines appear on the in game map?

The Albert's Life static campaign by SYN_Haashashin has the front line on the in-game map  :salute:

lisqcPN.jpg

updated and this is the new 2.0.2 results

forces spawn correctly when near; 

but I ran this one on a Moscow map and all enemy target assets are in the trees. 

Happened to me a few times as well.

Funny thing is, your wing man will know where to put the bombs and the bullets, even though you don't see the enemy at all.

I drop my bombs or rockets in the general area then and proceed home.

PWCG has no way to know the terrain.  That is why things sometimes go into a lake (forest isn't that bad - at least it's on land).  I sometimes have a clue like a bridge or a structure, but that's about all.

I don't think the target being in the woods in neccesarily a bug. I imagine quite a few commanders would want to use trees as cover from air attack.

I posted about the Yak's weapon fault in the other thread, but here's a picture:

You can see the rockets are under the wings, but the "unlocks" shows bombs.

When pressing "accept" you and your wingmates have no weapons under the wings. No rockets, no bombs.

When select bombs (or rockets) manually, you have the weapons, your wingmates not.

Hope this makes sense.

post-675-0-96072400-1475688229_thumb.jpg

Continuing with the Yak campaign.

There's a particularity here:

post-675-0-35122000-1475690500_thumb.jpg

As you can see, it's listed as a ground attack mission, but on the right side one can make out it's an offensive patrol mission.

By accepting the mission it becomes clear:

post-675-0-33017900-1475690639_thumb.jpg

To clarify the un-scrollable text:

post-675-0-21785200-1475847802_thumb.jpg

It is clear there is more text, but I am not able to scroll down with mouse or keyboard and therefor I cannot read the text.

To clarify the un-scrollable text:

attachicon.gifText not scrollable.jpg

It is clear there is more text, but I am not able to scroll down with mouse or keyboard and therefor I cannot read the text.

Do you have 2.0.2 installed?  That was fixed and tested in 2.0.2.  if you do I'll have another look but the scroll bar should be there.

Hi Patrick,

a new error with "combat report". It was a flight with Bf 110, bombing troups and shooting Il2 after.

And I'm in 2.02, but I have the same error than Bando : no scroll bar.

Thanks for your great work.

PWCGErrorLog.txt

Edited by RCBRF

Hi Pat. I wasn't able to complete the Claim Submission for this mission. I claimed 2x Ju88s and 3x He111s - the Ju88s and 2 of the He111s were definites as I saw them crash, and had the target destroyed message on screen for them. I had also heavily damaged 2 other He111s hence the hopeful claim for another one.

Incidentally, both sets of (six) bombers were doing nothing other than constantly circling at about 2500m. No change in behaviour no matter what I did, which is why I was able to get so many kills.

Cheers.

Aleksander Orlov201610122110850.zip

PS I also have the non-scrolling text, version 2.0.2.

Edited by 216th_Cat

@Cat: got it and fixed it.  Error is related to claiming a Ju88.  Fix will be available this weekend.  In the meantime try claiming 5 He111s. 

Great test to recreate the non scrolling debrief.  No bleepin idea why it's happening (there is a scroll bar coded) but with a test case in hand I'll figure it out.  Thanks twice.

Appreciation to everybody that takes the time to post.  This is at least the third error that I have been able to recreate and fix in a matter of minutes because somebody took the time use the error report button and to post the zip file.  Debrief and victory allocation are very complex.  All help is appreciated.

• Upvote 2

Thanks Pat, I'll wait for the update, or fly the mission again and avoid any Ju88s... :happy:

Your work here and with RoF has always been much appreciated.

Cheers :salute: .

Thanks Pat, I'll wait for the update, or fly the mission again and avoid any Ju88s... :happy:

Your work here and with RoF has always been much appreciated.

Cheers :salute: .

Here is Aleksander Orlov after a successful debrief.  Ace in a day :).  This way you don't have to wait until this weekend to fly the next mission with him.

Aleksander Orlov.zip

• Upvote 1

Also here the problem of no scroll bar in briefing and debriefing, exept around the map, where it is not really needed, as you can draw it with the mouse.

Got 2 kills in my last mission and they didnt show in the pilots records (any ideas why?) I did see them crash.

Can't say without knowing what was claimed and what the debrief said.

Did you claim the kills?  If you don't make a claim then you will not receive credit.

Was the claim denied in the debrief?

If none of the above and you feel that PWCG made an error, press the "report error" button on the bottom of your campaign page and post the zip.  

Also here the problem of no scroll bar in briefing and debriefing, exept around the map, where it is not really needed, as you can draw it with the mouse.

I am reworking quite a few screens, with a heavy emphasis on brief and debrief.  I wanted to release last weekend but it wasn't ready.  Looking better for a release this week.

After clicking combat report you get a window where you can claim your kills.

You can always claim it. If it was a kill you'll get the credits. If not, the claim will be denied.

I have error reports on more campaigns.

Here's what happens:

post-675-0-45614600-1476993762_thumb.jpg

After clicking OK, this is what I see:

post-675-0-17951000-1476993799_thumb.jpg

Here's the zip:

Massimo Salamore201610202210632.zip

does this have to do with the update 2.004 from yesterday?

EDIT:

Just did some more missions, in other campaigns, no problems there. Can it have to do with alt tabbing out sometimes?

Edited by Bando

Thanks, got it.

Question , if I damage a plane and leave the combat , enemy plane smoking but I dont see it crash.

Was that consider a kill?

Your decision.  PWCG is lenient so it will confirm any reasonable claim.  Personally, I don't claim unless I see them crash.  In reality you would have been credited with a damaged or probable but not a kill.

Hello

Using 2.1 beta 1

Had errors during report AAR after claim screen (claimed a PE-2 I probably did not kill)

Here is the zip file.

Over all I would like to thank you for the excellent moments you offer to so many with PWCG. This is a must have for BOS§BOM and ROF.

von Bilbow201610252310956.zip

I got error reports:

Tried to alter a mission by deleting the last Climb WP. I had to move the Take off WP (as those two are always on top of eachother) and deleted that last climb WP. Put the Take off WP back where it was before and pressed "pilot selection". Program stops right there.

Tried it with other pilots, same result. It should be reproducible.

Here's the txt and the zip:

PWCGErrorLog.txt

Massimo Salamore201610281010239.zip

Sigh, me again....

Found some error when I do something with the Waypoints.

Most (maybe all) times, the take off WP lays on top of the last Climb WP:

post-675-0-81681000-1478095032_thumb.jpg

To delete this last climb WP, I first have to move the Take off WP (this is always the first WP I can "grab") and seperate the two:

post-675-0-94283200-1478095041_thumb.jpg

I then proceed to delete the last climb WP and reset the Take off WP as much as possible on it's old position:

post-675-0-25233300-1478095052_thumb.jpg

After this I click on "pilot selection" and get this message:

post-675-0-26871700-1478095060_thumb.jpg

I have to exit PWCG in order to get control back. I do not know if the error.zip is the right one, as I had to restart PWCG to generate this.

I do have the error.txt though.

Hope this helps the troubleshoot.

PWCGErrorLog.txt

Miggy Moskov201611021511591.zip

Okidoki, thanks.

I found something in addition to this. When I'm in the map and go back to the written briefing and consequently return to the map, the whole route is drawn double. I can repeat this, and the drawing of the route is tripled and so on.