PatrickAWlson

PWCG Bug Reports

A last chance, I know about. in Firefox I had one or two times to delete the hook for 'block dangerous and cheating contents' ( hope, it is the correct translation, as I use it in german), in the 'safety' section under 'settings', during the download of a program.

Again thanks Yogiflight, but as stated in my last post I'll be taking my computer in to my "computer" guy not only for the "Java" thing but for some other stuff.

I will have my computer back by Tuesday and by the evening it will up and running I'll let you know what he comes up with.

Again thanks Yogiflight, but as stated in my last post I'll be taking my computer in to my "computer" guy not only for the "Java" thing but for some other stuff.

I will have my computer back by Tuesday and by the evening it will up and running I'll let you know what he comes up with.

Hi, got my computer back last night with the latest Java installed  and all is well.  My IT guy did say that Google Chrome does have issues with the latest Java offering but he used a work around.   :cool:  Btw PWCG  2.1.1 is now working, :) .

Hello Pat,

I attacked an important formation of HE 111 above the front and damaged 2 bombers ... those do not seek to flee towards the German lines and remain to be strapped on Russian side.

It is not very realist ... otherwise they break their formation with daring maneuvers very brutal as for the Stukas .. The He111 and Ju88 should rather try to stay in training to cover each other

In ROF the damaged two-seaters take the leak if I remember ..

Thank you to see if it is possible to improve this ..

Hello Pat,

I attacked an important formation of HE 111 above the front and damaged 2 bombers ... those do not seek to flee towards the German lines and remain to be strapped on Russian side.

It is not very realist ... otherwise they break their formation with daring maneuvers very brutal as for the Stukas .. The He111 and Ju88 should rather try to stay in training to cover each other

In ROF the damaged two-seaters take the leak if I remember ..

Thank you to see if it is possible to improve this ..

That part is programming the AI from the DEV's side, not PWCG.

They are supposed to do that, otherwise there would be too many active units in the mission.

I understand that part; but there disappearing; the ones I'm supposed to attack (while I'm attacking them) according to the mission..

I will post the error log later tonight, but I ran into a null pointer exception when playing last night which essentially ended my single player career as I can not advance.

I started the game in 01/07/1942 It is now 31/07/1942, but when I go to make a new mission I get null pointer exception. I assume the bug has to do with the fact that the month would be rolling over, but maybe it's a coincidence. I also tried taking leaving and or transferring to a new squad but both of these make the app freeze and cause me to have to restart it.

Like I said I will post the logs later tonight, but my memory tells me the first line of the stack trace was null pointer exception in the getAirCraftRole() method I think..... we will see when I post the stack trace later on today.

There is a button on the campaign screen  that allows you to report a bug.  It zips up your campaign, etc.  Can you do that and post the zip?  If I have your data it should respond the same way for me.

Maybe on 01/08/42 the squadron gets an airplane you do not have?

Just guessing.

Hey Pat, I reproduced the issue and then hit report bug. this is the latest file generated.

If you can find a way for me to salvage my campaign that would be swell. 

also just FYI I only have Stalingrad and Kuban not Moscow, so I figured I should be good anytime after June 1942

Edit: I decided to try and start a new campaign set for 01/08/42 and Bando was correct the squad I am flying in switches from a 109 F-4 to a 190 A-3, starting on 01/08/42. I figure I should still be able to transfer squads though in this case. Furthermore, and I don't mean to sound rude, I don't really see why PWCG cares what planes you own when it does not care what maps you own. I have never played Rise of flight so I am guessing this implementation made more sense there.

Edit2: I decided to crack open the config files in an attempt to fix my campaign (by replacing the 190 with the 109 essentially), and I think I found the problem see here:

Planes
        {
            Plane
            {
                Id = "bf109f2";
                StartDate = 08/01/1941;
                EndDate = 14/04/1942;
            }
            Plane
            {
                Id = "bf109f4";
                StartDate = 15/04/1942;
                EndDate = 30/07/1942;
            }
            Plane
            {
                Id = "fw190a3";
                StartDate = 01/08/1942;
                EndDate = 03/05/1945;
            }
        }

notice how the end date of 30/07/1942 I believe it should be 31/07/1942 (the day my campaign is currently on) that might be causing my problem. I will edit the config and see if helps any.

Eidt3: my above suggestion of switching 30 to 31 did fix the bug!

Wolf Stien201705261705790.zip

Edited by =SqSq=switch201
  • Upvote 1

@Pat

So, in the other thread I was asking you about using battle of Kuban planes in PWCG. When fixing the above mentioned bug, I also took the liberty of switching the 190 A-3 ID over to the ID for 109 G-2 (because I do not own the A-3) and that seemed to work just fine.

Now I wasn't sure if the IDs came from the game, or if they come from somewhere in your code. But if the IDs did come from the game, then all I would need to do to fly the A-5 (instead of the A-3) would be to switch the ID to that of the A-5. 

I am assuming that the IDs come from in your code, since you said adding new planes would require a code update.  :)  

In wich file did you change the Planes? Was it in PWCGCampaign/BoSData/Input/Squadroninfo? I did some similar, when i tried to change a Bf-109F4 to a G4. Unfortunatly it doesn't worked, so i changed back.

Edited by micha

After I have flown a mission and click "Combat Report" I get a message that there are no combat logs available, even though I see that the logs are there.

After I have flown a mission and click "Combat Report" I get a message that there are no combat logs available, even though I see that the logs are there.

I have the same problem, Kemp. Have you solved it, yet?

It seems having the line text_log_folder = "Sometextlogfolder\" in the startup.cfg is responsible for the mentioned 'missing combat logs'. Removing the line solves.

Thanks for the report.  PWCG does not read from startup.cfg to determine the log folder.  It assumes the data folder (holdover from RoF?).  Anyhow, that is a feature that can be added - look for the log folder in startup.cfg and look for logs there.  If not there, look in data folder.

Hello Patrick,

I stumbled upon this one:

MapIcons.legend line 399 is "401: Pan sino" and should be "401:Panshino."

Moreover my veteran comrades of the 15 IAP seem to have problems to get a Lagg-3 into the air. Usually they leave the field to the right. :ph34r:

I don't know if it's a Bug or what wnet wrong, but on my 2nd or 3rd mission I started with my squadron on an enemy airfield and we were shot down pretty much instantly.

I don't know if it's a Bug or what wnet wrong, but on my 2nd or 3rd mission I started with my squadron on an enemy airfield and we were shot down pretty much instantly.

Squadron and date?  Should be reproducible.  .

Squadron and date?  Should be reproducible.  .

It was the 10/1942 start in Stalingrad on the german side with, I think but I'm not sure, JG 3. I'm currently not on my main PC until Wednesday, but I'll let know, when I know more. 

Hello Patrick,

I stumbled upon this one:

MapIcons.legend line 399 is "401: Pan sino" and should be "401:Panshino."

Moreover my veteran comrades of the 15 IAP seem to have problems to get a Lagg-3 into the air. Usually they leave the field to the right. :ph34r:

The last I am limited, as I have relatively little influence on UI decisions.  The are told to run straight past the runway for at least a few km  before starting a circling climb.

The last I am limited, as I have relatively little influence on UI decisions.  The are told to run straight past the runway for at least a few km  before starting a circling climb.

They don't even make it into the air. They just do donuts all over the place and despawn. 

It seems the AI is not capable to take off in the Lagg, if the crosswind surpasses a certain threshhold. Nothing you can do anything about, I am aware. I don't even know, why I mentioned it ...  must have been still present in my mind the time I wrote the post. :biggrin: 

Whenever a squad mate is killed or captured in combat the after action report throws some sort of error. I think this is because the killed squad member is rewarded a medal of some kind, but the squad member no longer exists because he was killed in action. this seems to happen 100% of the time a squad member is killed in combat

They don't even make it into the air. They just do donuts all over the place and despawn. 

It seems the AI is not capable to take off in the Lagg, if the crosswind surpasses a certain threshhold. Nothing you can do anything about, I am aware. I don't even know, why I mentioned it ...  must have been still present in my mind the time I wrote the post. :biggrin:

I can mess around with it.  Sometimes I can do things to compensate like always take the lightest load, etc.  

Whenever a squad mate is killed or captured in combat the after action report throws some sort of error. I think this is because the killed squad member is rewarded a medal of some kind, but the squad member no longer exists because he was killed in action. this seems to happen 100% of the time a squad member is killed in combat

I think this just happened to me in the situation I posted about in another thread ( https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/24312-pwcg-unified-212-available/ - I hadn't seen this one yet when I posted that one).  My wingman got shot down and captured, and I got all these error messages during and after the combat report screens, and then I saw a screen where it said my captured buddy had been awarded a medal.  

If I see any more bug-like stuff I'll post it over here.

Hey Pat - not sure if this is a bug, but it seems likely.  On my last mission I managed to shoot down 2 MiG-3s.  BoS' after action screen said I got them, I claimed them in PWCG and got credit for them in my squadron roster screen where it shows missions and victories, but when I looked at the Squadron Log I noticed it only mentioned one of them - see screenshot below:

post-12147-0-39540100-1505775208_thumb.jpg

I hit the button to report an error, and I've attached the resulting zip file below (I added the error log file to the zip file, in case it helps).

Dieter von Pantherdorf201709181809410.zip

Fun mission, BTW - the MiGs and Yaks jumped us behind our lines as we were on our way to an offensive patrol on their side.  Although there were 4 of them, they didn't all gang up on me (I think one was after me while the other 3 went after my flight leader), and I was able to nail one of them while he was fixated on shooting up my leader.  So far, PWCG for BoS is turning out to be as much of a blast as it was for RoF - so glad you got it working for both!

Edited by TG-55Panthercules
  • Upvote 1

Hi Panthercules, you are right, there is a bug with the squadron log, the lower part on the sides is missing. So your second Mig would be below the one you can see there. But I think to remember, it was reported quite some time ago and might now get fixed.

Hi Panthercules, you are right, there is a bug with the squadron log, the lower part on the sides is missing. So your second Mig would be below the one you can see there. But I think to remember, it was reported quite some time ago and might now get fixed.

Yeah - I only started flying BoS for real after I got my Rift a few weeks ago, so I'm probably just now encountering things that others may have run across some time ago.  Figured I might as well go ahead and report them anyway, in case maybe Pat thought he'd fixed something a while back but it's still here.

Hey Pat - tried to send this to you in PM but it's still saying you can't receive any PMs (maybe your mailbox is still full?)

Anyway, you may recall I posted a while back about some errors I was getting during after-mission screens (someone else had also posted about it, indicating that it seemed to have something to do with medals trying to be awarded to AI pilots who had been wounded, captured or killed).  After a PM exchange with someone who had seen those posts, I believe there is a workaround to at least some of those error situations.  

PWCG seems to be trying to call for the RoF version of the German wound badges, and throwing off errors when it doesn't find them in BoS folders.  Copying the German RoF medals into the relevant BoS folder (but not letting them over-write the 2 or 3 files with same names) seemed to stop the errors, but the RoF/WWI versions of the wound badges were being awarded.  I modified the RoF-based images for the German wound badges to represent the WWII style badges, and that seems to have done the trick.  A JSGME-ready package of the modified wound badges can be found here:  http://www.mediafire.com/file/he9wcbbz1e4vui3/PWCG_WWII_Wound_Badges_by_Panther.zip in case you'd like to check into them as far as possibly fixing these errors for PWCG 3.0.

Really enjoying PWCG for BoS now that I've got my Rift and have started flying BoS in earnest.  Thanks for all your hard work on this and for the years of enjoyment with PWCG in RoF.

Cheers,

Panther

Hey a couple times now I noticed when I spawn in the mission at the airfield the AA is going crazy shooting right across the runway, I noticed my teammate got hit taking off, later I saw the AA shooting right at him, end of mission I land and I'm getting hit, has this AA gone rogue or what's their problem?

Is your airfield on the wrong side of the front lines? I had the trouble, when I wanted to start a FW190 career, that my airfield was always on russian side. This would explain your little problem.

I have had this happen to me too in the middle of campaign last night. I checked the intel map and the airfield was on the correct side, but still contained enemy AA