PatrickAWlson

PWCG Bug Reports

The front line on 01/01/1942 - 01/07/1942 is completely inaccurate. 

But the game map only reflect the front lines of end of 1942, the most western airfield is Tatsinskaya.

In the PE-2 the Radio Compass does not point to the homebase, it just points upwards all the time. 

If are not Beacon station active in airfield the Radio Compass needle is always in center.

Edited by Sokol1

Hey guys anyone noticed the AI cannot land on Golubinskiy airfield?

I haven't done extensive testing but had a few missions with FW190's and JU-87's and have never seen any of the AI land on that airfield.

They all do the same. Approach the strip too low in the deep walley that leads to the strip. Maybe they adjust their altitude to the walley and not to the airfield? 

Short (and low quality) video:

Hey guys anyone noticed the AI cannot land on Golubinskiy airfield?

I haven't done extensive testing but had a few missions with FW190's and JU-87's and have never seen any of the AI land on that airfield.

They all do the same. Approach the strip too low in the deep walley that leads to the strip. Maybe they adjust their altitude to the walley and not to the airfield? 

Short (and low quality) video:

I have noticed  that planes approach too low and landed before the runway. This was with previous version of PWCG and different airfield but generally same behaviour.

I haven`t had much time to fly now but it seems there is an issue with the newest version as well.

First, let me express my gratitude for your great work with this generator!

I encountered a problem:

I am 100% positive to have shot down at least 2 Bf110 in the last mission, yet at claiming the victories I get an error message, the error log shows this:

(and I do have marked the 110 as owned plane....)

Anyways, it should, if claimed wrongly, deny the claim, I guess, instead of stopping to work :)

==================================== log file ==============================================

resolveAsFirmVictory: No plane found for shot down type Bf 110 E-2 or Bf 110 E-2

PWCG Error
Tue Jan 12 22:20:58 CET 2016
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at rof.campaign.aar.parser.PlayerDeclarationResolution.resolveAsFuzzyVictory(PlayerDeclarationResolution.java:167)
    at rof.campaign.aar.parser.PlayerDeclarationResolution.resolvePlayerAircraftClaim(PlayerDeclarationResolution.java:60)
    at rof.campaign.aar.parser.PlayerDeclarationResolution.determinePlayerAirResultsWithClaims(PlayerDeclarationResolution.java:32)
    at rof.campaign.aar.parser.MissionResultGenerator.processReport(MissionResultGenerator.java:82)
    at rof.campaign.aar.parser.MissionResultGenerator.submitReport(MissionResultGenerator.java:55)
    at rof.campaign.gui.campaign.CampaignHomeGUI.generateMissionEvents(CampaignHomeGUI.java:595)
    at rof.campaign.gui.campaign.CampaignHomeGUI.actionPerformed(CampaignHomeGUI.java:390)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Hello Pat,

Playing version 1.1, I have maximum wounds set to 4 (=death) in the PWCG options, but I never get killed. Well, in game I do, a lot, but in the debrief I'm always reported as wounded only.

Hello Yeikov. I have it set at 4 as well, and I have been killed with several avatars. So it does work.

If you get killed, your career is over, so you cannot start any new missions.

Maybe you got lucky?

Il-2 mission to attack trains and railway facilities.

The train was not on track beside the station and exploded. Also an AA gun under the locomotive. Couple of pics:

post-17513-0-48770400-1452688503_thumb.jpg

post-17513-0-48405100-1452688531_thumb.jpg

The flight path was over the target and the last WP is 20 km to the enemy territory. After reaching the farthest WP the flight turned back and the red target WP came visible. When the flight was preparing attack run the red target WP disappeared and flight headed for next WP. And the next WP was to the wrong direction towards enemy territory and not home. No shots were fired and mission was complete. I think it might be because of the exploding train.

Mission file attached as usual.

Missions.zip

Edited by Zami

Next mission with Il-2. Again attack train and facilities.

No structures on Mal.Chapurniki airfield:

post-17513-0-62990300-1452697946_thumb.jpg

Landing WP did not activated, planes just circling around home base:

post-17513-0-67088200-1452697956_thumb.jpg

This mission was almost identical to the one above. Still the train was not on track but it did not explode immediately because AA gun was not under it. And this time planes bombed target. So the missing train was the cause of error in the first mission.

The flightpath was also the same, flight flew 4 times 20km in enemy territory for nothing. Not attaching mission file because it is almost identical to the earlier one and WPs can be seen from it.

Next mission on that Il-2 campaign was to attack transport and road facilities. 

The target was 5 motorized AA guns. 3 of them was stuck under the railway bridge. I think they were meant to be on the normal bridge beside that railway bridge. Or on the road seeing behind on the picture.

And maybe a convoy would be better to made up from trucks and couple of motorized AA instead of 5 AA.

post-17513-0-07451000-1452700631_thumb.jpg

Mission file:

Missions.zip

I have fixed the pathing on attack missions.  That will be in the next release.

I can look into trucks.  They should not all be AAA.  

I will have to post in the mission builder section to get insights into placement of vehicles.  Things that work fine in RoF do not always work in BoS, so I need some help in determining how the rules have changes and what the new rules are.

Per getting killed, I have seen the same thing.  I can crash vertically in a nasty explosion and I'm still alive.  Crew members in BoS are represented as Bots in the log files.  PWCG looks at the Bots health to determine how badly injured a pilot might be.  I am not sure whether the game is deciding that the pilot wasn't killed or if there is something different in the log files that I am not picking up.

• Upvote 2

Hey Pat

Any idea when the next release will be out. Thanks man! Your doing a stellar job mate

Edited by 4./JG53_Badger

I have fixed the pathing on attack missions.  That will be in the next release.

Roger that  :salute: . Good job!

I can look into trucks.  They should not all be AAA.  

I will have to post in the mission builder section to get insights into placement of vehicles.  Things that work fine in RoF do not always work in BoS, so I need some help in determining how the rules have changes and what the new rules are.

Yes, difference between RoF and BoS is probably the reason for this. I am sure that guys at the mission builder section can help on this matter.

Hey Pat

Any idea when the next release will be out. Thanks man! Your doing a stellar job mate

Two weeks, of course!

Actually that is a safe answer.  One week if I can make good progress.  I am at code complete and 75% tested.  Still working through the last couple of issues.

Some of the items reported as bug or requests will not make it into this release.  Not to worry since I do quick bug fix releases after every major one, so it's not like it's going to take me three months to clean up the bugs.

After that I am taking a break, with the caveat that I will continue to squash bugs.

• Upvote 1

Hello, thanks for your work.

Just done my first mission in my mc202 campaign.

It takes very long to load, but that does not worry me, the problem is that when i try to fill my mission report, i have got the message to post here the pwcgerrorlog.txt, which i am doing now hoping that this can help you in developing this marvellous peice of software.

PWCG Error
Wed Jan 13 21:42:31 CET 2016
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
at rof.campaign.context.SquadronManager.chooseSquadronForTransfer(SquadronManager.java:537)
at rof.campaign.aar.eventhandler.CampaignMissionEventHandler.makeTransferEvent(CampaignMissionEventHandler.java:293)
at rof.campaign.aar.update.CampaignUpdater.generateTransferEvents(CampaignUpdater.java:228)
at rof.campaign.aar.update.CampaignUpdater.validateCampaign(CampaignUpdater.java:129)
at rof.campaign.aar.update.CampaignUpdater.updateCampaign(CampaignUpdater.java:74)
at rof.campaign.gui.campaign.CampaignHomeGUI.updateCampaign(CampaignHomeGUI.java:608)
at rof.campaign.gui.campaign.CampaignHomeGUI.actionPerformed(CampaignHomeGUI.java:397)

Per getting killed, I have seen the same thing. I can crash vertically in a nasty explosion and I'm still alive. Crew members in BoS are represented as Bots in the log files. PWCG looks at the Bots health to determine how badly injured a pilot might be. I am not sure whether the game is deciding that the pilot wasn't killed or if there is something different in the log files that I am not picking up.

Yeah, that's how it happened last time, nice ball of fire after a vertical fall of 4000m  :)  In PWCG I was "seriously wounded". You bet! :biggrin:

If it helps, these are some more details: I was killed mid-air, but didn't hit ESC and followed the plane until it crashed. It exploded and the HUD showed the message 'yeikov was killed' (or whatever it says when you die). 

I was still rather close to my base (inside it's visibility circle), could it be that the logic you implemented to avoid AI dying on landings is being applied? (I don't know if you have it enabled in BoS version)

Two weeks, of course!

Actually that is a safe answer.  One week if I can make good progress.  I am at code complete and 75% tested.  Still working through the last couple of issues.

Some of the items reported as bug or requests will not make it into this release.  Not to worry since I do quick bug fix releases after every major one, so it's not like it's going to take me three months to clean up the bugs.

After that I am taking a break, with the caveat that I will continue to squash bugs.

It is well deserved break. I am not a programmer but I`m sure it is a monumental task to do something like this. RoF and BoS are so different after all.

I think the two most important things now are the circling planes and the correct placement of ground targets for the bomb/attack missions. Other stuff is secondary.

Hey guys

Anyone noticed that ground targets are poping up again after been taken out??

Happens in  every ground attack mission for me..

Firstly, thanks for this great software! As for the topic, i have a problem with the squadron 283 IAD for the Soviet campaign. When i click on mission, it gives me a error message.

Here's the Error log:

PWCG Error
Fri Jan 15 18:40:13 BRST 2016
at rof.campaign.mission.MissionParameters.getMissionParametersFoMission(MissionParameters.java:54)
at rof.campaign.mission.Mission.initialize(Mission.java:133)
at rof.campaign.mission.MissionGenerator.makeSingleMission(MissionGenerator.java:78)
at rof.campaign.mission.MissionGenerator.makeMission(MissionGenerator.java:48)
at rof.campaign.gui.campaign.CampaignHomeGUI.makeMission(CampaignHomeGUI.java:308)
at rof.campaign.gui.campaign.CampaignHomeGUI.actionPerformed(CampaignHomeGUI.java:344)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)

After an awesome mission in a LaGG, I got 4 victories(2 109s, 202, and a 110) and some ground targets. When I attempted to put in the AAR for a debrief, it gives an error. So here it is! The only thing I can give as help on what I was doing is, the 109s and 202 I shot to pieces but only when the engines stop did the icons dissapear and I went on to my next target. The 110 I nailed in the right engine it came tumbling down to a beautiful explosion. So I don't know if it just can't decide if an engine failure is a kill or not. I put my victories as zero and watched the debrief and it states all 4 targets being destroyed by me, so i dont know what the issue is. But great work on the program and keep up the good work!

resolveAsFirmVictory: No plane found for shot down type MC.202 ser.VIII or MC.202 ser.VIII

PWCG Error
Fri Jan 15 15:58:31 EST 2016
at rof.campaign.aar.parser.PlayerDeclarationResolution.resolveAsFuzzyVictory(PlayerDeclarationResolution.java:167)
at rof.campaign.aar.parser.PlayerDeclarationResolution.resolvePlayerAircraftClaim(PlayerDeclarationResolution.java:60)
at rof.campaign.aar.parser.PlayerDeclarationResolution.determinePlayerAirResultsWithClaims(PlayerDeclarationResolution.java:32)
at rof.campaign.aar.parser.MissionResultGenerator.processReport(MissionResultGenerator.java:82)
at rof.campaign.aar.parser.MissionResultGenerator.submitReport(MissionResultGenerator.java:55)
at rof.campaign.gui.campaign.CampaignHomeGUI.generateMissionEvents(CampaignHomeGUI.java:595)
at rof.campaign.gui.campaign.CampaignHomeGUI.actionPerformed(CampaignHomeGUI.java:390)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)

Apologies for ruining that mission.  That was caused by a typo in the Me110 aircraft specs.  For those that don't mind doing an emergency patch for themselves:

Find AircraftInfo.BoSCampaign

Open with Notepad or any other text editor (the file is plain text)

Locate the Bf 110 (look for bf110)

Change:

Desc = "Bf 110 E2";
To:
        Desc = "Bf 110 E-2";

@vincini: if you make these edits and try the combat report again I expect it will work.  Alternatively try entering the combat report again without claiming the 110.  Reentering the combat report will only work if your mission logs for this mission are still on your hard drive.  If they are not the combat report cannot be reentered.  As a last resort you could just hand edit the campaign file (back it up first) and give yourself the victories.  Once again - apologies.  

Pat, I have found that, in order to access the Pilot Selection screen, I have to first create a career, exit PWCG, and then re-load the program. If I try to access the screen immediately upon creating the career, PWCG will not switch over from the mission setup screen.

Edit: Fixed already in the next version (see post #50) -  Note to myself: I should read the whole thread before posting ...

I'm flying a career for 1./ZG1 in June '42. In the ground attack missions, the flightplan takes us behind the assigned target by 20 - 30 km then there is a waypoint where we do a 180° and  the we fly back over the target again, but without a waypoint. Any chance this behaviour could be changed, so we get a waypoint 10 km before the target for running in preparation and then one right over the target?

Here is a mission screen that shows the current behaviour.

Edited by 1./ZG1_Wittman

Edit: Fixed already in the next version (see post #50) -  Note to myself: I should read the whole thread before posting ...

I'm flying a career for 1./ZG1 in June '42. In the ground attack missions, the flightplan takes us behind the assigned target by 20 - 30 km then there is a waypoint where we do a 180° and  the we fly back over the target again, but without a waypoint. Any chance this behaviour could be changed, so we get a waypoint 10 km before the target for running in preparation and then one right over the target?

Here is a mission screen that shows the current behaviour.

attachicon.gifpwcg ground attack.jpg

It will be fixed in the 1.2 release. Look here: http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/19909-pwcg-bug-reports/?p=323888

Yes, that's what I stated in the first line of the post. Thanks for repeating.

I did not see your edit when I posted. But you're welcome :)

I did not see your edit when I posted. But you're welcome :)

I see. But you quoted the edit, so I thought otherwise.

Edited by 1./ZG1_Wittman

Hi Patrick,

don't know if this is a bug, but it's an observation from my many hours playing PWCG. Here it goes:

After coming in contact with an enemy group of planes, most of the time the initial fight pans out as it should be. After one or two participants are shot down, however, it all to often happens that the enemy forces en masse follow me and me alone. Even wounded enemy planes try frantically to pursue me and leave my wingmen alone. Speaking of my wingman, they are not really helping, either being out of ammo or just generally sick of the sim, I don't know. They fly here and there and make some halfhearted attempt, but the enemy planes ignore them and are not shot down.

Even with lowering the air stuff in simple settings to low, and in advanced settings to max 2 enemy flight and max 5 enemy planes some 11 enemies kept in pursuit of me, and ignored the rest of the environment blissfully.

• Upvote 2

Hi Patrick,

don't know if this is a bug, but it's an observation from my many hours playing PWCG. Here it goes:

After coming in contact with an enemy group of planes, most of the time the initial fight pans out as it should be. After one or two participants are shot down, however, it all to often happens that the enemy forces en masse follow me and me alone. Even wounded enemy planes try frantically to pursue me and leave my wingmen alone. Speaking of my wingman, they are not really helping, either being out of ammo or just generally sick of the sim, I don't know. They fly here and there and make some halfhearted attempt, but the enemy planes ignore them and are not shot down.

Even with lowering the air stuff in simple settings to low, and in advanced settings to max 2 enemy flight and max 5 enemy planes some 11 enemies kept in pursuit of me, and ignored the rest of the environment blissfully.

I noticed that too! They definitely ignore the rest of planes and are obsessed with the player.

Every fighter is told to attack every enemy airplane.  Your plane is just one of many.  I have not seen this behavior (I admit that I don't fly very much) but I also tend to use pass and extend when I can.  Maybe there is something in your flying style that the AI finds particularly attractive :)

Yes.Bando.

Having the exactly the same issue.

Lowering in simply config and the same in Advanced,but still 10-11 fighters against just me and 2 poor friendly.

Had 6 LAGS chasing me the other day.Had no chance..

This is really and issue.

But i am sure that Pat can do something about this.

Hi Patrick,

You are the flight leader in this case, right? I have noticed that AI has special interest towards the flight leader in many cases. When flying as a wingman in bomber formation every enemy fighter tries to take out the leader first.  

I think it has to do something about general AI behaviour rather than PWCG. Pat can`t do anything about it I`m afraid. You could make a bug report to the BoS technical section. AI has been receiving improvements lately in every patch so maybe devs take notice.

No, I am not the flight leader. I am always the last to take of or there's only one behind me.

I start every career with the lowest rank possible to try to work my way up.

I do not understand why more then 10 enemy aircraft attack me (this morning it happened again) and ignore the rest of my flight after the initial 30 seconds of the dogfight.

There's at least 10 EA while I set air density in simple configs to low and in advanced config, in mission limits I have this: Max enemy flights 2; Max enemy planes 5; Max opposing flights 0; Flight opposition odds 0; Randomised planes per side 1.

With the above settings, a max number of 6(5+the random 1) enemy planes is possible during this mission.

I get chased by 10 or more. Am I missing some setting?

If AI gets attracted to my flying, then why? I am doing my best to figure it out. I tried to dogfight AI in ROF style (turn and burn) and I tried it as some sort of boom and zoom (extending, climbing and turning back to the fight). Results are the same. I get chased by all EA.

I tried something else. Was flying the MC202 in an Italian career and assigned a ground attack mission. 4 Of us took off, me being the number 4. Underway we were met by 4 109's to provide air cover for us. So, 8 friendly aircraft in the air. Settings of this campaign as stated above. We were attacked by 14 EA, all were flying higher (they always are higher, I have never seen any exception on this) and my flight dropped their bombs to start dogfighting. I did not drop bombs, continued flying towards the target and all EA followed me. ALL!

I guess it's my flying style.

Next flight I tried again, this time the same happened and I too dropped my bombs and started the dogfight lighter. I'm sounding like an old record, but ALL EA came after me after about a minute. ALL!

It must be the way I fly. 

Maybe I should buy some lottery ticket anywhere.

Edited by Bando

No, I am not the flight leader. I am always the last to take of or there's only one behind me.

I start every career with the lowest rank possible to try to work my way up.

I do not understand why more then 10 enemy aircraft attack me (this morning it happened again) and ignore the rest of my flight after the initial 30 seconds of the dogfight.

There's at least 10 EA while I set air density in simple configs to low and in advanced config, in mission limits I have this: Max enemy flights 2; Max enemy planes 5; Max opposing flights 0; Flight opposition odds 0; Randomised planes per side 1.

With the above settings, a max number of 6(5+the random 1) enemy planes is possible during this mission.

I get chased by 10 or more. Am I missing some setting?

If AI gets attracted to my flying, then why? I am doing my best to figure it out. I tried to dogfight AI in ROF style (turn and burn) and I tried it as some sort of boom and zoom (extending, climbing and turning back to the fight). Results are the same. I get chased by all EA.

I tried something else. Was flying the MC202 in an Italian career and assigned a ground attack mission. 4 Of us took off, me being the number 4. Underway we were met by 4 109's to provide air cover for us. So, 8 friendly aircraft in the air. Settings of this campaign as stated above. We were attacked by 14 EA, all were flying higher (they always are higher, I have never seen any exception on this) and my flight dropped their bombs to start dogfighting. I did not drop bombs, continued flying towards the target and all EA followed me. ALL!

I guess it's my flying style.

Next flight I tried again, this time the same happened and I too dropped my bombs and started the dogfight lighter. I'm sounding like an old record, but ALL EA came after me after about a minute. ALL!

It must be the way I fly. 

Maybe I should buy some lottery ticket anywhere.

Don`t get desperate  :)

AI behaviour we can`t change. But I`ll fly a few missions with your settings today to see what happens with aircraft numers. I will also change Min enemy flights from 3 to 1 because it can`t be bigger that Max enemy flights. I`ll try JG3 campaign with Bf-109F4.

Im also having this problem with AI only chasing me. Took off in MiG3's, we were in 4 and I was the last one and we were assign a ground attack mission. On the way 4 i16 appeared to escort us and then a few km from the frontline 4 109s appeared, my flight just kept going straight and all of the germans chased me, I even tried redoing the mission, changing the flight style, kissing the ass of the flight leader (that last one was funny, I was flying so close to the leader that I thought I would ram him, but even then the AI only shot me, and not the other 3 migs).

Anyways, I kinda got bummed because of that, every mission the AI goes only after me, after 3-4 missions I gave up and went back to mp  :(

Edited by Herr_Istruba

Tried four missions with Bandos settings.

-First was intercept, just 2xBf-109. We encountered two flights of 4 Laggs, so something strange there. Enemy concentrated to chase my flight leader and they shot him down. After that they turned their attention to me. 

-Second was patrol mission. Again 2xBf-109 but no enemy seen on this mission. 

-Third was ground attack. 4xBf-109 escorted by 2xMc.202. No enemy planes seen on this mission either. 

-Fourth was escort mission. 4xBf-109 escorting 4xHe-111. I saw flight of 4 Laggs at some point when going through enemy planes with F2 key. But they did not cross our path. On top of that I saw lonely Pe-2. No enemy contact on this mission.

So the first mission was with 8 enemy fighters, something might be wrong there with settings. But the AI did not attack me first but my leader.

Other missions were like expected with low number of planes. Just a quick test. Have to do some more when time. 

Edited by Zami

Hi Zami, I can concur they mostly go for flight lead first. I tried to describe this as being normal. So in the first few moments of the encounter, it's ok (they go for the leader, all of them) and once he's down they come to the player.

I too have many flights where we do not see any enemy whatsoever. I guess that comes with the lesser settings. But once they appear and cross your path, they are there in numbers.

Pat, I just noticed with the new version (1.2) that winter objects are being generated at airfields. This was at Tuzov:

post-549-0-26806800-1453346465_thumb.jpg

Also, not so much a bug but more of a feature request: 109 E-7s should be equipped with the extra armor plates for ground attack missions. 

That is an error that I did not get to.  During fall the objects and the tracks are winter.  There is also no pilot in the cockpit.

Small bug in the v1.2 Simple config settings. Max/Min Friendly Flights values have been reversed when using Medium and High Air Density setting. 

post-17513-0-19880500-1453357679_thumb.jpg

PWCGErrorLog.txt

Edited by Zami