DD today?

Blooddawn1942

20 minutes ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

Good news would be that map will be in next update alongside 262, so Pat can add it to PWCG and MP reasons!

About future of brand (beyond BoBp) i hope to see soon part 4 interview in Sham's blog (PTO ;) )

Cant wait to see if plan is still Midway next, or some other more game frendly PTO scenario. 

• Upvote 3

-[HRAF]BubiHUN
6 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

Cant wait to see if plan is still Midway next, or some other more game frendly PTO scenario. 

Midway, or/and maybe Wake?

Feathered_IV

I’m still very keen on some kind of Pacific chapter.  It seems like the devs will have their hands full with the 3 current titles for a very long time time though. 

• Upvote 1

I'd take a '42-early '44 'leaning forward into France', or any kind of Western Desert / Med med expansion over Pacific anyday.

I'm going to hide now.

• Like 1

I'm more than ready for the P-51. It was a dream for someday when BoS was announced years ago. I never really thought I'd see it this soon. But I'm nearly as eager for all the remaining planes coming in BoBP. This plane set is why I bought into all of the previous installments of BoX. 

• Upvote 1

ROCKET_KNUT

Anti submarine warfare in coastal command, Bay of Biscay and the Englisch Channel, starting in 1940... I know, boring! :lol:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Diggun said:

I'd take a '42-early '44 'leaning forward into France', or any kind of Western Desert / Med med expansion over Pacific anyday.

I'm going to hide now.

My friend that would be deadly to see a med expansion!!! not two interested in Pacific aswell lol

6 minutes ago, LP1888 said:

My friend that would be deadly to see a med expansion!!! not two interested in Pacific aswell lol

Yeah nah nah yeah nah yeah

I wonder if they could fit Coral Sea, Midway, and Guadalcanal all into Pacific Vol 1. Since some aspects will be much more steamlined (maps with lots of water, and shorter battles to research).

I love how when the pacific is mentioned there are people drooling all over the prospect... yet all the Wolololo stuff that is constantly spouted is not doing anything magically to make it happen.

I rest my case M'lud...

26 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

I love how when the pacific is mentioned there are people drooling all over the prospect... yet all the Wolololo stuff that is constantly spouted is not doing anything magically to make it happen.

I rest my case M'lud...

"I believe. I believe." ~ Natalie Wood as quoted in Miracle of 34th Street.

50 minutes ago, Cpt_Cool said:

I wonder if they could fit Coral Sea, Midway, and Guadalcanal all into Pacific Vol 1. Since some aspects will be much more steamlined (maps with lots of water, and shorter battles to research).

I'm personally more into the European theatre (east and west) in terms of aircraft and missions, but I'd absolutely buy into the Pacific. I think your idea is probably what I'd like to see, or something like it: Battle of Midway/Coral Sea and some kind of land-based campaign. The problem with Midway and Coral Sea is that its not really possible to have a meaningful career mode with just those maps, and multiplayer would have limited targets and missions. With a Midway map and a land-map of some kind, you could have a really interesting combo. 

Have a carrier fighter and dive bomber modeled for each side for Midway, then have a fighter and attacker modeled for land-based operations.

Of course it would be extremely challenging, with modeling ships, especially carriers, and spawning-in on carriers in multiplayer may be tricky. But if they could pull it off just the carrier ops experience would be very very cool.

3 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

Of course it would be extremely challenging, with modeling ships, especially carriers, and spawning-in on carriers in multiplayer may be tricky. But if they could pull it off just the carrier ops experience would be very very cool.

The biggest thing is it would be so different from what we have now. Fresh planes, fresh theater, fresh tech, new nations, stunning sunny South Pacific maps. I think the enthusiasm from untapped markets would be high. It would probably be the most ambitious project from this team to date, but man I think it could cash in like no other flight sim ever.

Heck, it could even lead to a bustling US based MP server (I can already see the two-figure ping in my minds eye).😵

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Cpt_Cool said:

The biggest thing is it would be so different from what we have now. Fresh planes, fresh theater, fresh tech, new nations, stunning sunny South Pacific maps. I think the enthusiasm from untapped markets would be high. It would probably be the most ambitious project from this team to date, but man I think it could cash in like no other flight sim ever.

Heck, it could even lead to a bustling US based MP server (I can already see the two-figure ping in my minds eye).😵

Let them get Bodenplat out first - new theatre - new US planes of which you have 1 already - Lovely wet flat look of the low lands.  What more could you want??  Beaches?  Take a trip back to Kuban for some nice beaches.

=27=Davesteu
3 hours ago, Cpt_Cool said:

That's never going to happen. Too many types and sub-variants of aircraft needed, too many different capital ships involved, and Guadalcanal doesn't work without Rabaul.

Objectively speaking, starting with a 1942/43 Papua and New Guinea campaign pack and continuing with a smaller Coral Sea pack is the only feasible way to implement a general overview of the whole scope of the Asiatic-Pacific-Theatre air war.

But lately I'm somewhat pessimistic regarding the Asiatic-Pacific-Theatre in this game...

Edited by =27=Davesteu

3 minutes ago, blitze said:

What more could you want??  Beaches?  Take a trip back to Kuban for some nice beaches.

Palm trees. Its been a long winter in MN.

Edited by Cpt_Cool

Just now, Cpt_Cool said:

Palm trees. Its been a long winter in MN.

There's always SoCal or Florida but - yeah - maybe a true island escape like Hawaii might be the ticket ;)

3 minutes ago, blitze said:

Let them get Bodenplat out first - new theatre - new US planes of which you have 1 already - Lovely wet flat look of the low lands.  What more could you want??  Beaches?  Take a trip back to Kuban for some nice beaches.

to be fair, it's anything but flat over here...

• Like 1

Forgot to add - meanwhile in Finland - the snow is still there although like a big slurpy at the moment as it slowly thaws away and I endure riding my MTB through it.  I like challenges. :D:D

• Like 1

Whereas here in Cambridge, the sun is shining, weather is sweet, and it's gonna be warm enough for beers outside by the river after work. It's a tough life.

Not to mention hunting for naval battlegroups, watching for tell-tale wakes from a distance; and the actual attacks themselves. My most terrifying memories of that was in Il-2 1946; for some reason they were always the most hair-raising experiences for me. A ton of planes dive-bombing on ships, torpedo runs. The sky practically on fire. It was pure chaos.

But at the same time I can see the challenge of even setting up those instances from a technical perspective. Having just two or three flights engaged in naval battles for performance reasons might not be terribly exciting. Maybe once optimizations come in it would be more attractive? Oh what I would give for the Zerg. 😁

We got 12 Degrees C here today but not so sunny. 

Naval Battles with aircraft - yeah, oneday the chaos will be recreated but I think there needs to be some serious work done on parcelling out AI and Flight Modelling and Physics across cores for that to become up to the level we would like.  That coupled with decent detail for wide FOV VR.

Looking at you Ryzen 3 with 16 cores and the next gen Nvidia cards with decent performance leap.  Or Navi 20

4 minutes ago, Cpt_Cool said:

I think BoBP will be a good gateway to more Western players. Pacific may be a bit more of a niche interest but if BoBp gets a lot of buy in, the interest will be there. 

I think with the Pacific I look at it as how it would improve the series as a whole, the depth and breadth of Great Battles would be approaching Il-2 1946 in terms of theatres and aircraft. A sim of that size, updated constantly the way it is right now, and with third party devs coming online for various side projects, we could have a very expansive sim ecosystem here. 

• Like 1

=gRiJ=Roman-

0DD=3.013+1w?

Now in English, doc!

(No Developers Diary = update next week ...?)

Edited by 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan
  • Upvote 1

Just now, 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan said:

0DD=3.013+1w?

No DD = update Next week ...?

wait and see…(unfortunately)

danielprates
3 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

I think BoBP will be a good gateway to more Western players. Pacific may be a bit more of a niche interest but if BoBp gets a lot of buy in, the interest will be there. 

I think with the Pacific I look at it as how it would improve the series as a whole, the depth and breadth of Great Battles would be approaching Il-2 1946 in terms of theatres and aircraft. A sim of that size, updated constantly the way it is right now, and with third party devs coming online for various side projects, we could have a very expansive sim ecosystem here. 

How popular was "pacific fighters" when it came out? Was it a hit?

=VARP=Ribbon
1 hour ago, danielprates said:

Yes!

It brought me into il2!

2 hours ago, danielprates said:

I saw a sales figure once, but I couldn't be certain if it was just one region or world-wide. But there was also the number of sales of the original IL-2 Sturmovik in the same column. Suffice to say, the sales numbers of the original have never been reached again by any further version from Maddox Games.

ww2fighter20

One major problem with the battle of midway might be making the carriers since you need the American Yorktown, Enterprise and Hornet (All Yorktown Class carriers) and the Japanese Akagi, Hiryu, Kaga and Soryu (all 4 of them where it's own carrier class!) to properly make midway.

Because we are going to take off and land on the carriers the carriers need alot more detail then the ships we currently have.

Not only that but another important issue is the large amount of aa guns carriers had and sailing close together along with several other ships (which often where full with aa guns themselves) and groups of dive and torpedo bombers, the game probably can't handle it considering it currently cannot even handle dozens of bombers together.

It's sadly very unlikely we are going to see midway or any other battle that involves carrier groups or large amount of ships (like normandy).

I would love to be proven wrong about this though since I would love to see battles like midway but I am afraid it isn't going to happen because of the difficuilty of making several capital ships and game limits.

Edited by ww2fighter20
  • Upvote 1

Feathered_IV
3 hours ago, danielprates said:

The creator Oleg Maddox said that it was the biggest selling title after the Forgotten Battles initial release.  He also said that there were an estimated 60,000 illegal downloads in the first two weeks when the game was leaked online.  That should give some indication of how popular it was. 

danielprates

@EAF_Ribbon @Feathered_IV @ADorante that's encouraging, eh?

I remember when I got it. It was groundbreaking, and carrier operations was depicted so well! For anything of the period, at least.

I am pretty sure any similar BoX iteration have everything to be as successful.

Edited by danielprates
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

The creator Oleg Maddox said that it was the biggest selling title after the Forgotten Battles initial release.  He also said that there were an estimated 60,000 illegal downloads in the first two weeks when the game was leaked online.  That should give some indication of how popular it was. 

hmmm I think I tried it once, but its good to know, If it makes them money one scenario in pacific would be nice aaaand we can return to the western front or to the east.

2 hours ago, Poochnboo said:

I'm thinking , next two airplanes: ME262 and P-51 Mustang.

Don't tease me like that 

• Upvote 2