2 hours ago, Livai said:

Release at the end of the year, now seriously two years for these Quality if this was CloD or DCS World ok then but Great Battles...............................

You have no idea how hard it is to build planes and we're building 3 products in less than 2 years. Get some perspective please.

Jason

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 20

January is a typically slow month for news around here. Holidays and vacations wrapping up while the team ramps back up. Just relax and give em a little breathing room. I'm sure the next DD will be awesome as usual. Next week..................

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

You have no idea how hard it is to build planes and we're building 3 products in less than 2 years. Get some perspective please.

Jason

As a now not friend once reacted to me telling him how hard it must be to make planes for sims he replied: "oh just punch in a few parameters and done"... i think that was the time when I accidentally banned him from teamspeak ... I am no programmer, but across the board, making a good flight model, and making systems work/react in realistic way must be a hell of a job to do, and you guys are pushing crazy heavily with all these projects! Wish you the best! Here hoping! most important: Take Your Time!

• Upvote 2

Its normal that people are impatient, I too cant wait unfortunately for all three products, so its even harder for me, but like Jason said its hard for such small team.

This year will be awesome!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Voidhunger said:

Its normal that people are impatient, I too cant wait unfortunately for all three products, so its even harder for me, but like Jason said its hard for such small team.

This year will be awesome!

Same for me. Actually I´m more impatient about the Career implementation for the U2 then for the release of the Dora or 262. I can wait for them until eastern but I want to start a night witches career.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Jason

DD today?

• Haha 6

24 minutes ago, E4GLEyE said:

As a now not friend once reacted to me telling him how hard it must be to make planes for sims he replied: "oh just punch in a few parameters and done"... i think that was the time when I accidentally banned him from teamspeak ... I am no programmer, but across the board, making a good flight model, and making systems work/react in realistic way must be a hell of a job to do, and you guys are pushing crazy heavily with all these projects! Wish you the best! Here hoping! most important: Take Your Time!

sorry but then I expect more. Each time when I take off with a 109 or Fw190 its absolute too easy and I though to me did I start warthunder....

Dont want to troll but its very annoying for me. For sure they can take their time, but pls more quality. I will pay extra money for that , this

is not the issue . Its my opinion....

with respect for the dev team and Jason

Edited by RoteDreizehn
  • Confused 1

Along with what comes next for BoX,I hope for news on Flying Circus crates.I seem to remember these are in 3rd party hands which may mean ( I hope...) that a couple of them could come in the next time frame and sometime a decent period map as well.Flying the four we have now is a hoot but pretty limited in QM's.

43655184_1917401578341146_2895945668570906624_n.jpg

3 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Jason

Truth. 

15 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Jason

Their perspective as a potential customer of those products is incredibly valuable, and it's both sad and strange that you ignore customer feedback based entirely on your incredulity that everyone isn't kissing your feet in adoration. To me, the way you engage with people on the forums is honestly the only blemish on the team and the product.

Edited by molotovb
  • Upvote 1

Too many projects.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, molotovb said:

Their perspective as a potential customer of those products is incredibly valuable, and it's both sad and strange that you ignore customer feedback based entirely on your incredulity that everyone isn't kissing your feet in adoration.  Could *you* get some perspective, please? :)

The potential for them to gain the correct perspective is plastered all over these forums from Jason's own statements, other Dev posts, in DDs and game updates. The teams open-book policy is the best blessing we could ask for. If you think "the customer is always right" cannot be challenged you might have a difficult road ahead. 

• Upvote 10

I feel for the devs. Delivering high-quality products requires an extreme level of dedication and hard work, and it always takes more time than expected. I guess we just have to all accept that and appreciate what we already have.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

January is a typically slow month for news around here. Holidays and vacations wrapping up while the team ramps back up. Just relax and give em a little breathing room. I'm sure the next DD will be awesome as usual. Next week..................

Two weeks Murf.......

4 hours ago, Field-Ops said:

The potential for them to gain the correct perspective is plastered all over these forums from Jason's own statements, other Dev posts, in DDs and game updates. The teams open-book policy is the best blessing we could ask for. If you think "the customer is always right" cannot be challenged you might have a difficult road ahead. 

Nah, its an inappropriate little abusive relationship where an individual developer is hyper sensitive to feedback and angrily lashes out at customers that don't thank him personally, as if what he's doing is charity and not a business.  If someone says they're unhappy with the pace of development or unhappy with a feature, that's 100% true and noteworthy.  If Jason prefers to disregard it and take it as a personal insult, then the error in perspective is entirely on his side.

I've seen nothing but professionalism from the other guys on the dev team, though.

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, 325th_Hoss said:

Two weeks Murf.......

I consciously avoided the phrase. Be sure! ;)

Edited by II/JG17_HerrMurf
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

I consciously avoided the phrase. Be sure! ;)

LOL

On 1/18/2019 at 5:06 PM, E4GLEyE said:

Was it served within 2 weeks?

It was a rout, over in less than 30 minutes. 🤣

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, molotovb said:

Nah, its an inappropriate little abusive relationship where an individual developer is hyper sensitive to feedback and angrily lashes out at customers that don't thank him personally, as if what he's doing is charity and not a business.  If someone says they're unhappy with the pace of development or unhappy with a feature, that's 100% true and noteworthy.  If Jason prefers to disregard it and take it as a personal insult, then the error in perspective is entirely on his side.

I've seen nothing but professionalism from the other guys on the dev team, though.

Tell me what about the statement below deserves any sort of respect? The way he said it is asking for the sort of response he got. BoBp was never stated to have a 1 year dev-cycle, in fact none of their products have been just 1 year long.

On 1/18/2019 at 10:33 AM, Livai said:

Release at the end of the year, now seriously two years for these Quality if this was CloD or DCS World ok then but Great Battles...............................

• Upvote 5

52 minutes ago, Field-Ops said:

Tell me what about the statement below deserves any sort of respect? The way he said it is asking for the sort of response he got. BoBp was never stated to have a 1 year dev-cycle, in fact none of their products have been just 1 year long.

Not necessarily, only that he's a founder and a customer - he's spent at least $250, right?  His opinion is certainly worth something, even if it wasn't worded very politely.  If his sentiment is shared by a bunch of customers, then that's useful information to consider with future product decisions.

If the comment bothers you as a dev with limited time, why bother engaging with him? Why not reply to some of the many other questions that customers have? (in a positive way)

Anyway, my comment was more about the response to it.  Personally, I'd be a little upset if a person I worked with spoke to our customers in that way, when my livelihood depends on those customers being happy.  He's doing a huge disservice to the team he works with by the way he officially represents them here.

• Upvote 5

Someone pass me the sick bucket........

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, molotovb said:

Not necessarily, only that he's a founder and a customer - he's spent at least $250, right?  His opinion is certainly worth something, even if it wasn't worded very politely.  If his sentiment is shared by a bunch of customers, then that's useful information to consider with future product decisions.

If the comment bothers you as a dev with limited time, why bother engaging with him? Why not reply to some of the many other questions that customers have? (in a positive way)

Anyway, my comment was more about the response to it.  Personally, I'd be a little upset if a person I worked with spoke to our customers in that way, when my livelihood depends on those customers being happy.  He's doing a huge disservice to the team he works with by the way he officially represents them here.

What a twat

Cheers, Dakpilot 

• Haha 2

I think that there is a possibility that next week we will receive a short devloper update! 

Edited by Diggun

59 minutes ago, Diggun said:

I think that there is a possibility that next week we will receive a short devloper update! 

Absolutely. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dakpilot said:

What a twat

Cheers, Dakpilot 

Meanie!

On 1/18/2019 at 7:53 PM, Jason_Williams said:

Jason

I do, correct me if I am wrong because I not see the "we're",  i just see how the work is splitted to three different Developer Studios (1C Games Studios, Ugra Media and Digital Forms).

When BoS and BoM was done in just one year. BoK took a little longer because the Rise of Flight feature took longer than expected. Now comes BoBP and takes twice the time as before for the same Quality.

Speaking about development, BoM development started even much earlier without announcements immediately after BoS official release.  =FB=LOFT  "cozy reading room" has show us how fast the Team is working for us. Compared to now I see massive slow downs.

It was always said that multiple High-res Texture on Planes, Buildings, Trees, Landscape , High-res Plane Models everything what CloD has takes years is even more harder complicated than Great Battles. Now BoBP start to be near same as hard complicated as CloD == really confused

What you mean, I have no idea how hard it is to build planes?

I only visited two Game Studios (Bungie Studios and Creative Assembly) where I have seen the people who stay behind their products how they work, how fast they can code, how fast they do their job, just impressive to watch them from behind how fast they can do their job. Nothing looked how hard it is to build this or that for them everything there was very fluid done. The only what was noticeable was the pressure behind their work.

On 1/18/2019 at 8:05 PM, E4GLEyE said:

-> "oh just punch in a few parameters and done"... - take a closer look to the game files what do you will see there parameters, for the Ai, for each plane...........................

In the End everything is connected to the physics engine what is based on math what makes everything dynamic. Changes made there and every plane will behave differently than before, parameters are static value and the physics engine makes them dynamic. Same as your weight are just parameters, do you think your weight will behave the same in space, on the moon, mars, jupiter, as on earth? Your weight remain the same but not the physics.....

Without good physics each game will be boring to play.........................

20 hours ago, Field-Ops said:

in fact none of their products have been just 1 year long.

Go and compare the announcements, pre-order, official release dates. Don't forget =FB=LOFT  "cozy reading room"

You will see that these products had the "one year cycle" before now it's twice that long for the same Quality.

20 hours ago, Field-Ops said:

Tell me what about the statement below deserves any sort of respect? The way he said it is asking for the sort of response he got.

When we now to issue say " This is fine " you fully agree to that, right! Because this is that what another customer received as response when he pointed to a issue or was worry.......

Edited by Livai
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

I would like to see some updates on the smaller objects that are not that important as planes/maps but add a lot in terms of immersion.

I am talking of American, British and German vehicles, (jeeps, halftracks, motorcycles with sidecars, you name it), AA units for US, UK, GER (Flak38?).

Additionally, as a mission builder, I sorely miss the static objects for BOK planes. The low-poly versions of planes for BOK were never released, so we don't have Hs129, Spitfire, A20 or any new plane in the static version which would add a lot in terms of airfield ambiance.

I have zero 3D modeling experience, so I won't be of much help but I know Jason said he was open to people submitting their models if they meet some quality standards. 

Edited by Jade_Monkey
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

I have zero 3D modeling experience, so I won't be of much help but I know Jason said he was open to people submitting their models if they meet some quality standards. 

I would like to have a go at this, but the team needs to release the STK's for vehicles, building etc. before I would begin building anything for the game. And I do not think this is a priority at the present time which is understandable.

I have done some research on an airfield that is going to be in the Bodenplatte map. It was called Fliegerhorst Quakenbrück. Here is a typical building from that airfield:

This is a rendering of the building which is a Work in Progress. The textures are not final and the polygon count is way to high to be in a game. But it would be fairly easy to convert.

H17 render 004.jpg

Edited by HenFre
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 5

Let's get back on topic guys... it's not a complaint/whining thread. It's is a summoning thread! WOLOLO!

kBP2BZFP_400x400.png.244a2e141c40564955a9ecea03188fb7.png

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, HenFre said:

I would like to have a go at this, but the team needs to release the STK's for vehicles, building etc. before I would begin building anything for the game. And I do not think this is a priority at the present time which is understandable.

I have done some research on an airfield that is going to be in the Bodenplatte map. It was called Fliegerhorst Quakenbrück. Here is a typical building from that airfield:

This is a rendering of the building which is a Work in Progress. The textures are not final and the polygon count is way to high to be in a game. But it would be fairly easy to convert.

H17 render 004.jpg

really nice model!

devs, give this man what he needs!

Since the 262 is supposed to be next in the news.... there is one thing about it that I cant take off my mind: the jumo jet engine's famous unreliability. As I understand it, currently engine issues are simulated as follows: a) horsing around WILL damage your engine; b) chance or random damage is not modelled. That makes me wonder: 262 pilots had to be very conservative with their throttles as intense lever changes could (would!?) cause the engine to catch fire - and the whole thing was prone to sudden fires in any scenario. Will this be modelled? If so, will it be treated like the current model (excessive use of wep, or too long in high temperatures, could cause a fire or seizure)?

Or perhaps even we will now be seeing for the first time a damage model in which sudden/random damage will occur just like that? The 262 seems to present a good reason to start modelling that kind of damage!

Edited by danielprates
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, HenFre said:

H17 render 004.jpg

Looks like the real deal. Nice work.

https://www.relikte.com/quakenbrueck/

Unbenannt.jpg

Edited by sevenless

7 hours ago, Livai said:

I do, correct me if I am wrong

You're wrong.

You now stand corrected.

On behalf of the other forum members I would request that you keep your typing limited things that you actually have a grasp on..whatever those things are.

Peace

• Upvote 9

16 hours ago, danielprates said:

Or perhaps even we will now be seeing for the first time a damage model in which sudden/random damage will occur just like that? The 262 seems to present a good reason to start modelling that kind of damage!

At first I'd like to see that. Now thinking twice, would you like to suddenly lose your engine without any decent reason apart from "no luck duck !" 50km beyond front line in ironman mode ? 🤔