44 minutes ago, Solmyr said:

At first I'd like to see that. Now thinking twice, would you like to suddenly lose your engine without any decent reason apart from "no luck duck !" 50km beyond front line in ironman mode ? 🤔

Im for random dmg model if its selectable in menu. I think it will be cool as option.

I hate the always perfect engine of my beloved Me163 in il2 1946.

26 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

Im for random dmg model if its selectable in menu. I think it will be cool as option.

I hate the always perfect engine of my beloved Me163 in il2 1946.

This, @Solmyr. Only if it was an option, of course. And besides, engine unreliability would have to be a seldomly occuring thing (more so for the 262).

I mean...the alternative to complaining is...enjoying the game?

I know it's a radical concept. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 5

30 minutes ago, 8thFWDoggo said:

I mean...the alternative to complaining is...enjoying the game?

I know it's a radical concept. 

Hum, you might just have the right concept.  :biggrin:

I have never been happy with the concept of purely random engine failures.  It adds absolutely nothing except frustration.  Imagine you have been waiting all week to join your squad in a major mission.  You have just this 1 hour slot to enjoy yourself  and 10 minutes into the sortie everyone is nicely formed and looking forward to reaching the target area.  You have been watching your engine settings carefully to make sure nothing is getting hot or stressed then some virtual god decides to roll a dice and just kill your engine anyway and your evening is over and you will have to wait a week to try again through no fault of your own.   It would make me want to smash my PC 🙂

If you want to say my 'chances' of an engine failure will increase slightly every time I mistreat the engine  and that is carried forward across all planes so in ten sorties time my engine decides to run rough and not develop full power then that I am OK with that.  I am also OK with that engine subsequently blowing completely if I then decide to push on at full rpm instead of limping home.    I don't like the idea of just random blowups unconnected to any event.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

I have never been happy with the concept of purely random engine failures.  It adds absolutely nothing except frustration.  Imagine you have been waiting all week to join your squad in a major mission.  You have just this 1 hour slot to enjoy yourself  and 10 minutes into the sortie everyone is nicely formed and looking forward to reaching the target area.  You have been watching your engine settings carefully to make sure nothing is getting hot or stressed then some virtual god decides to roll a dice and just kill your engine anyway and your evening is over and you will have to wait a week to try again through no fault of your own.   It would make me want to smash my PC 🙂

If you want to say my 'chances' of an engine failure will increase slightly every time I mistreat the engine  and that is carried forward across all planes so in ten sorties time my engine decides to run rough and not develop full power then that I am OK with that.  I am also OK with that engine subsequently blowing completely if I then decide to push on at full rpm instead of limping home.    I don't like the idea of just random blowups unconnected to any event.

The devs just need to add it as an option in realism settings.  The server host can decide if it is on or off.

5 minutes ago, ICDP said:

The devs just need to add it as an option in realism settings.  The server host can decide if it is on or off.

That is fair enough but I would never fly in any server that had random failures and if it pisses enough people off so they do the same then it becomes just another option nobody uses and a large waste of a developers precious time.    Even if you assume that my refusal to fly with random failures is in the minority it might still be a big enough hit on server numbers for a server owner to decide not to use it.

I've always thought it strange that IL-2 doesn't have the ability to configure system failures based on timers, chance, etc. in a similar way to a professional/military simulation terminal.  Even just for your own training purposes in QMB.  I thought you could do it in Jane's, but I can't remember.

Insofar we have been flying planes that were pretty much reliable, so no malfunctions whatsoever didn't seem off. Now that the 262 is coming, it's going to feel off not to have them.

Edited by danielprates
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

the thing I hope to see with the 262 is the compressor stall/surge... similar to the Viggen in DCS, if you pull too hard and the AOA goes through the ceiling that is no fun, and forces careful flight even if it comes to evading/dogfighting. Other than that,I cant wait to get into the 262 its a dream plane like the m6nX zero that I want to see in a sim like Il2 GB :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, danielprates said:

Insofar we have been flying planes that were pretty much reliable, so no malfunctions whatsoever didn't seem off. Now that the 262 is coming, it's going to feel off not to have them.

Malfunctions I am OK with so long as they are caused by bad handling rather than just random.    If anyone models a Typhoon and has it catch fire on startup if not done exactly right then I will be OK with flying it.  In the case of the Typhoon you would also need to model people standing by with extinguishers or some alternative as they did not just let them burn.  Did that happen with 262s as well or did the ground crew just hide behind a wall? 🙂

• Haha 2

What is the smart money on then? DD this week, red shoes next week? I'd like a look in the 262's cockpit...

21 minutes ago, Diggun said:

red shoes next week?.

Or could it be - as my edwardian grandmother used to say - 'Red hat = no knickers' ?

• Haha 1

Huh, my very Midlands gran would say 'all fur coat and no knickers'. To be fair, I imagine fur coats will get you through times of no knickers better than knickers will get you through times of no fur coat....

But no knickers might increase the possibility of eventually owning a fur coat?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/21/2019 at 6:38 PM, Solmyr said:

At first I'd like to see that. Now thinking twice, would you like to suddenly lose your engine without any decent reason apart from "no luck duck !" 50km beyond front line in ironman mode ? 🤔

How about actual ducks? This sim needs bird strikes.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, unreasonable said:

How about actual ducks? This sim needs bird strikes.

Then I'll pick the P-47 ! Prolly the big Mk108 isn't the right choice.. Or don't hope to eat them..

Wololo!

Wololo!

Wololo!

Wololo!

Wololo?

Wololo, Wololo Wololo. Wololo!

Wololo!

Wololo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LuseKofte said:

Wololoo.....what the f... is that

It's a part of high culture*

* High culture in this case being the priests in Age of Empires. Wololo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

D and D in this Friday? 

Maybe 3th D for FW-190 ;).

DD?

DD.....what the f... is that?

Oh, I see!

DD.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Leaf said:

It's a part of high culture*

* High culture in this case being the priests in Age of Empires. Wololo.

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, 3./JG15_HansPhilipp said:

DD.PNG.14bfc96e87ef67acec19d2301ca6ce03.PNG

weak= schwach

week = Woche

Grammar Nazi to the rescue!

• Haha 4