Jump to content
SYN_Haashashin

The Groups Sharing Corner

Recommended Posts

 

 

- Planes patrol. This group are Lagg3 planes doing a patrol. It will patrol a zone for X min and after that will go to another zone for Y minutes, if enemy show up it will attack them.

 

Hi I need this group, but link is dead

 

Gunsight 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has any one got some examples of very populated airfields to give a busy feel to the base

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Swallow did one for Pitomnik back in the day - I'll see if I can dig that out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/2/2018 at 7:19 PM, TP_Jacko said:

Has any one got some examples of very populated airfields to give a busy feel to the base

I have some AFs with lot of items added. I will check them and share here.....when I arrive from holidays.

Salute

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/2/2018 at 3:59 PM, Gunsight said:

Hi I need this group, but link is dead

 

Gunsight 

 

On 4/3/2018 at 10:17 AM, 64sTomio_VR said:

 

These 2 links doesn't work anymore if someone can repost it ;)

Hi guys,

Sorry for the very late answer but I have a ton in my plate. Please send me a PM with what you need and I will see what I have in my group library for you.

 

Haash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AI Respawn after On Events Damage Delete Logic Group.

Allows for continuous respawning of AI Aircraft,  to cover a plethora of "On Events".  Exp. On Pilot Wounded, On Bingo Fuel, etc...

*Edited. Group now has a smaller footprint when "Set Group to Working" is chosen.

Logic reworked to allow Mission Designer the opportunity to set a counter and stop loop.

 

Replaces earlier version. Allow overwrite.

DamageRespawnLogic Group.zip

 

Good Luck in your Mission Designing.

Tip

 

 

Edited by [DBS]Tx_Tip
Group now has a smaller footprint when "Set Group to Working" is chosen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/03/2018 at 3:21 PM, [DBS]Tx_Tip said:

AI Respawn after On Events Damage Delete Logic Group.

Allows for continuous respawning of AI Aircraft,  to cover a plethora of "On Events".  Exp. On Pilot Wounded, On Bingo Fuel, etc...

*Edited. Group now has a smaller footprint when "Set Group to Working" is chosen.

Logic reworked to allow Mission Designer the opportunity to set a counter and stop loop.

 

Replaces earlier version. Allow overwrite.

DamageRespawnLogic Group.zip

 

Good Luck in your Mission Designing.

Tip

 

 

 

Sounds useful, thanks  Tx_Tip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question: Is it possible to have mission description text show up for only one faction using tags? (ie <allies>...</allies>). I think this worked for the old " IL2", but I'm not sure if it's possible for IL2 BOX. At least, the given example doesn't work. This to be used for co-op missions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No we can't, and there are no possibilities, and we can't use the walkthrough we used with RoF, because it doesn't work too.

Edited by Habu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pity. So, then maybe show some subtitles right after mission start while everyone is starting their engines....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I put in a request for that - we'll see if it ever happens.

 

But I hadn't thought of doing subtitles - I suppose that would work in a pinch. Give it a 2 minute start of a co op mission?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, SYN_Vander said:

Pity. So, then maybe show some subtitles right after mission start while everyone is starting their engines....

Yes the subtitle is the solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is my solution. Just subtitles are  bit hard to read, so I added a background picture.

Of course you can change the location of the jpg. I like to use the same folder for all my media.

 

Sample mission attached. The mission doesn't work, it's just so you can inspect/copy the mcu's.

missionorders.zip

ScreenMissionOrders.jpg

Edited by SYN_Vander
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you can also add map markers that are only visible to one side or the other as hints once the briefing text is gone. Not at my PC so I can't test that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/04/2018 at 8:16 PM, SYN_Vander said:

Here is my solution. Just subtitles are  bit hard to read, so I added a background picture.

Of course you can change the location of the jpg. I like to use the same folder for all my media.

 

Sample mission attached. The mission doesn't work, it's just so you can inspect/copy the mcu's.

missionorders.zip

ScreenMissionOrders.jpg

Interesting, i will have a look when i have time. THX.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Correct. But I’ll soon upload my co-op missions that now use this mini “briefing”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2017 at 6:59 AM, Hucky said:

Hello Gambit21, Your work with the submerged submarine, works great.
I have only connected the first waypoint (0m) to the 2nd waypoint (0m) originally (-15m), so the boat no longer dives at the 1st waypoint.
Thank you for the effort.

(Google translation)

 

Hucky seriously, I've tested already and it failed!!  Tested at Moscow and it failed to work!!

Gave it the right distances (over 8000 meters) and the right depth (71 meters surface because Moscow's lake location to 15 meters below), all I saw was a cruising failure and a time wasted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VVS Shipping with Destroyer Escort

3 Freighters 1 Destroyer...

Destroyer goes into flank speed routine around freighters when Axis aircraft approaches. HUD Message shows when routine begins. Complete circuit takes about 10 minutes. 

Easily adjusted for initial spawn and start of DD routine. For newer ME users shows use of Force Complete, Proximity, Check Zone, Spawn MCUs as well as manipulating waypoints.

Whoops there we go...

 

VVS Shipping DD Escort.zip

 

Good Luck in your Mission Designing.

Tip

 

Edited by [DBS]Tx_Tip
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2018 at 11:38 AM, Junjun_Nikurasu said:

 

Hucky seriously, I've tested already and it failed!!  Tested at Moscow and it failed to work!!

Gave it the right distances (over 8000 meters) and the right depth (71 meters surface because Moscow's lake location to 15 meters below), all I saw was a cruising failure and a time wasted.

 

I think I have an error to fix at the first waypoint.

I'll check and post back.

 

Here's the file with the first waypoint fixed - this error won't affect all users all the time depending on how timing works out, but it's fixed anyway.

Should work everywhere, though haven't tested in rivers.

Might need shallower dive waypoints for that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Gambit_Sub Auto submerge_Surface.zip

 

 

 

Here's a random explosion/shelling generator.

There are 64 explosions created with the "fake vehicle" MCU.

 

The generator will spawn one of 64 "fake vehicles" and immediately (500ms) blow it up - then repeat.

The explosions are lined up nicely here so you can easily grab them and place where you want.

 

You can easily adjust the interval between explosions with the timer provided.

Thanks to JimTM for the base 4-way generator that I just daisy-chained to create this thing.

 

Random Shelling X64_Gambit.zip

 

Explosion_generator.jpg

Edited by Gambit21
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

 

I think I have an error to fix at the first waypoint.

I'll check and post back.

 

Here's the file with the first waypoint fixed - this error won't affect all users all the time depending on how timing works out, but it's fixed anyway.

Should work everywhere, though haven't tested in rivers.

Might need shallower dive waypoints for that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Gambit_Sub Auto submerge_Surface.zip

 

 

 

Here's a random explosion/shelling generator.

There are 64 explosions created with the "fake vehicle" MCU.

 

The generator will spawn one of 64 "fake vehicles" and immediately (500ms) blow it up - then repeat.

The explosions are lined up nicely here so you can easily grab them and place where you want.

 

You can easily adjust the interval between explosions with the timer provided.

Thanks to JimTM for the base 4-way generator that I just daisy-chained to create this thing.

 

Random Shelling X64_Gambit.zip

 

Explosion_generator.jpg

Thanks, I'll review it when there's time (You caught me on a busy week, so I'll get to it when I have the chance).

 

However thanks for the effort and the reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you need help adjusting it let me know - you just use the proximity trigger distance settings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

...

Here's a random explosion/shelling generator.

There are 64 explosions created with the "fake vehicle" MCU.

...

Thanks to JimTM for the base 4-way generator that I just daisy-chained to create this thing.

...

 

Cool!

 

...and my thanks to Coconut for the 4-way generator ("4-way random switch") idea that I used in the manual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2018 at 5:12 PM, [DBS]Tx_Tip said:

VVS Shipping with Destroyer Escort

3 Freighters 1 Destroyer...

Destroyer goes into flank speed routine around freighters when Axis aircraft approaches. HUD Message shows when routine begins. Complete circuit takes about 10 minutes. 

Easily adjusted for initial spawn and start of DD routine. For newer ME users shows use of Force Complete, Proximity, Check Zone, Spawn MCUs as well as manipulating waypoints.

Whoops there we go...

 

VVS Shipping DD Escort.zip

 

Good Luck in your Mission Designing.

Tip

 

 

Thanks Tx_Tip I used this on a recent mission. Works a dream. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there,

 

Here's a little multipurpose Area Detection group I made, aimed at reducing load on servers.

It is an infinite use and will activate/deactivate things whenever planes enters/leaves the area of detection

I use it mainly for AA but I believe it can have a lot of applications.

 

E3jNbLn.jpg

 

How it works :

There is first loop that activates an MCU CheckZone for half a second, then deactivates it for 10 seconds.

If a plane is detected in the area within the time frame:

- The first loop is deactivated and the activate timer is triggered

- A second loop is activated and checks the non-presence of units, again for 0.5s every 10s

If nothing is detected in the area (plane destroyed or left the area) then the deactivate timer is triggered, Second loop is deactivated and the first one reactivates

 

So at any given point the Checkzone MCUs are only active 5% of the time. 

 

How to use :

Just edit the properties of the checkzone MCUs for the type/faction of units you want to detect and detection radius.

It is not necessary, but advised to set a plane OUT radius a bit greater than the plane IN, to avoid activation/deactivation every 10s if a plane fly at the boundaries.

Connects whatever needs to be activated/spawned and deactivated/deleted, and the corresponding MCU to the Activate and Deactivate timers.

 

The loops themselves are designed to prevent the possibility to have any double spawn event (the 10s timer acts as a buffer)

You can further delay the deactivation of units by increasing the deactivate timer value, but not more than 9s otherwise you will risk having units spawning while the old ones are still in place, or being deactivated when they should not.

 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w2hvrycrbzce1ot/Plane IN-OUT.zip?dl=0

 

I've tested it in MP and went through 4 spawn/despawn cycles and everything worked fine.

(I hope the link for download works fine with the new dropbox features)

EDIT : Corrected the first timer after the MissionBegin MCU that was set to 0

Edited by F/JG300_Gruber
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, -=PHX=-Keko_ said:

Any one have a moving front line group????

This should be fairly easy to create without a custom group. See image as an example... Instead of creating attack arrows, you would create front line icons.

 

 

7L9iJWq.jpg

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much!!!!

59 minutes ago, [TWB]Sketch said:

This should be fairly easy to create without a custom group. See image as an example... Instead of creating attack arrows, you would create front line icons.

 

 

7L9iJWq.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2018 at 9:23 AM, F/JG300_Gruber said:

Here's a little multipurpose Area Detection group I made, aimed at reducing load on servers.

 

Thanks a lot, that's really neat.

Tried it in single player to see how this deals with planes already being inside the guard area when the group is being activated - everything seems to work well so far.

I'll give this a go on our dedicated server, reducing the load is always welcome there.

 

:drinks:

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far everything looks fine.

I have updated our public training mission accordingly, with 12 Check Zones from your template.

Only change is that 5 Check Zones don't have the "Deactivate" part (because they simply don't need it) and two have an added input in order to completely disable the Check Zone (after it has served it's purpose).

 

:drinks:

Mike

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey All, 

 

Here are some groups that I've found very handy for smaller play groups (coop/dogfight, will work in single play too).   In the zip file are two groups that will spawn a pair of fighters in the approximate area entered by an aircraft of the opposing faction, one group for German and another Russian with randomized AI difficulty, to fly a tight patrol pattern.    It's currently set to respawn each aircraft individually, 3 minutes after destruction of the existing, randomizing the AI each spawn, so they're not currently set to spawn in pairs (unless you modify the groups to do that).   If you oppose the two groups (as over a front area, overlapped detection areas), when activated (as when a human pilot triggers one group), it will trigger some continual dynamic interaction between them.   Paste several opposing groups wherever you feel action should occur and balance accordingly, choose/change the aircraft type.   Anyway, feel free to use/modify at will.

 

Enjoy!

Gus 

 

 

 

 

PAIR_FIGHTER_RESPAWN_w_AREA_DETECT.zip

fighter_respawn_2.jpg

fighter_respawn_1.jpg

Edited by Gustang
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 6:47 AM, No601_Swallow said:

 

As far as I can tell, changing the level of AI and changing the priority of the waypoints/commands makes no difference.

Not completely correct. If one sets a tanks waypoint to HIGH, it will not fire at anything. Nice to have if you don't want units attempting to fire on others through hills and or what would normally be blocking terrain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Kuban released the coop seemed like a nightmare to try. Couldn't see each other's servers. Missions were practically non-existent and took forever to install. Has it become much easier to install and play coop missions or is it still kinda like pulling teeth. (blah blah user error! blah blah you just didnt do it right blah blah!) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Basic Russian Train Group and a German On Road Column Group.

 

Of course they can be setup for ones need. :salute:

 

The Russian Train Route Group includes two stops for the train. It can be built on from there.

 

RusTranGrup.zip

 

GerColumnRoad.zip

 

RusTrainRoutGroup.zip

Edited by Thad
Added Russian Train Route Group File

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

here is the truck convoy  set up in my mission .

road convoy.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...