SYN_Haashashin

The Groups Sharing Corner

I've been wanting to contribute to this thread for so long but I didn't have time to organize my groups and name them properly.

Here are a set of groups meant as map markers to show here the army and tank divisions are on the map.

Each icon is an individual group. You can change the names at the top by editing the icon MCU at the top.

2zo92df.jpg

THX for that one, i was thinking about that. :)

• Upvote 2

They are not perfect but I was hoping we can improve them as a community and perhaps create some standard ones everyone can use once they are refined. We can probably expand them to other types too!

Here is a land light that is set to trigger by the player aircraft entering the trigger zone.

It will blink 3 times, then delete.

You can adjust the increments/length of the blink intervals with the timers of course.

I used it in a Ju-52 mission...operatives on the ground signaling the transport to land on an improvised airfield field at night.

Gambit_Blinking Light.zip

It looks like we mission designers haven't shared anything in awhile, so I thought I would share my submarine group. You can find the file here or download it from my Google Drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15gqjHfWJYOahIeoyS51w8uvJao5feIRC?usp=sharing

My idea is that the subs are a hunter group that will stay submerged for X amount of time, and then resurface in a random location for X amount of time. The group was designed for multiplayer, but works for single player (as Russian) too. Here's how it works:

1. Subs will start off submerged (default is four minutes, but can be adjusted)
2. Subs randomly surface in two different locations (North or South)
3. Subs stay surfaced allowing the player to attack the subs (default is 10 minutes, but can be adjusted)
4. Subs will then submerge under water, and stay submerged for X minutes (default is four minutes as above)
5. repeat 2-4 until subs are destroyed

NOTES: 
- Subs don't actually "submerge" instead they're deleted for X amount of time, and then respawned in a random location as a "resurface". Any destroyed subs will not "resurface" since they're destroyed... So far players don't know that I'm deleting them... SHHHhhhh *magic* :D
- Random messages to notify players of "surfacing" and "submerging"
- Messages for OnAttacked and OnKilled
- Health Bar for remaining subs and subs destroyed
- Subs actually move when they "surface"
- Icons appear after 20s of mission start, and disappear when destroyed 

Here's a picture of the group to help you understand what can and can not be adjusted:

YUwnfR8.jpg

Submarines.zip

Edited by [TWB]Sketch
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

This group has icons that appear and disappear as the vehicles travel to different waypoints. If the vehicles are destroyed, then all of the icons will disappear. You can adjust the waypoints and icons as you see fit. The file can be grabbed on the site, or via my Google Drive here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15gqjHfWJYOahIeoyS51w8uvJao5feIRC?usp=sharing

NOTES:

- Convoy has random messages for OnSpotted and OnAttacked

- Each Waypoint has message to both Axis and Allies

- Icons disappear if convoy reaches last waypoint

- Health Bar for vehicles

Here's a picture of the group:

lRblY2J.jpg

IconMovement.zip

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Nice Sketch.

I've been meaning to build a sub group where the sub submerges when an enemy get's close enough, but haven't had time to build/test it yet.

I might do it this weekend.

OK - as promised here's a sub auto-submerge, auto surface group.

There are two versions in the file, pick one and delete the other. One is set to mission begin, the other spawns via a complex trigger set to "Player"

The German sub will automatically submerge to periscope depth when an enemy gets within 1200 meters (adjustable) and surface when that enemy reaches 3500 meters distant...again adjustable.

Right now it's set so that the player has a reasonable chance to get in a firing run, or a bomb run if they're quick about it before the sub goes to periscope depth.

Basically I did this by placing two groups of waypoints next to each other, one is a surface group, the other is the submerged group.

The sub will head to either the submerged or the surface waypoints depending on current conditions. (enemy close or far).

If a change in state is triggered when the sub is very close/almost on top of the next waypoint, it will make a circle and double back to hit the appropriate waypoint.

Note - There is currently a bug in the editor logic...ships will stop/refuse to move if waypoints are placed too far from the vessel or each other. Keep this in mind when moving waypoints.

Soon I'll test and figure out how far is too far before this bug is triggered.

When I get around do it I will add a fully submerged condition after periscope depth (deleted) but that's too much for my brain right now. :)

Gambit_Sub Auto submerge_Surface.zip

Edited by Gambit21
  • Upvote 2

Hello Gambit21, Your work with the submerged submarine, works great.
I have only connected the first waypoint (0m) to the 2nd waypoint (0m) originally (-15m), so the boat no longer dives at the 1st waypoint.
Thank you for the effort.

(Google translation)

Edited by Hucky

Has anyone done a 16 planes HE-111's Bomber box formation AI missions, CO-OP Missions, with HE-111's and JU88s in box formation, bombing missions so we can practice fly through and attack scenarios? that would be a total of 24 panes, I know the AI is lacking atm, but has any tried?

and does it work?

Has anyone done a 16 planes HE-111's Bomber box formation AI missions, CO-OP Missions, with HE-111's and JU88s in box formation, bombing missions so we can practice fly through and attack scenarios? that would be a total of 24 panes, I know the AI is lacking atm, but has any tried?

and does it work?

I can create a 16 plane flight of any plane you want... Bombing anything you'd like. 16 planes on single player is fine. For coop, the problem would be the Dserver. I've had a mission with 10 ai planes and 20 players; that had a ton of server lag.  Maybe 5-6 ai planes and 3-4 players would work though.

and does it work?

Yep and yep

Yep and yep

Do you have a link we can DL it? to put on our server to practice?

IS there a Mass repository list of missions somewhere in existence for this IL2 series?

Edited by 71st_AH_Hooves

Hi Gambit21. I want to thank you for all you do for the community. I am starting to learn the mission editor and made a training mission for our Airgroup. I am just do not have enough knowledge in the historical grouping of German bombers. I was going to add a spawn in air behind the bomber group so we can practice going against a bomber group. I can build one half A** but rather build a nice one that your expertise will fill. If you can point me to a mission I can extract the bomber group and put in our server mission and I can do the rest or the bomber group would be great.

Mastiff and the rest of our Airgroup would be very grateful for your kind expertise and help in this. You can PM me if you choose. Many Thanks.

Here's a screenie of a quick mission I just started for you guys.

Be advised they take a minute to settle into formation.

post-23599-0-90159100-1511145485_thumb.jpg

Here's 24.

The problem guys is that the AI is has not yet been fixed after the FM update, so it's really crappy at formation flying/forming up right now.

There's always a plane or 2 that acts wonky doesn't form up the way it should, or the leader pulls out ahead...usually both.

I can easily place separate waypoints for each aircraft which solves this problem, but I don't have time to set that up.

Also I can't speak to how well this will work in a multiplayer environment...SP on my system it runs fine.

Let me know how many Russian aircraft to place and what type.

post-23599-0-30502300-1511146900_thumb.jpg

and does it work?

yes , but i think with only 12 bombers. But there is a big issue with bomber Ai.

If we want they defend themselves (gunner), we have to set the waypoint on low or medium (medium = return fire), but with the waypoint set on low, bomber try to dodge and do not maintain formation. And if you set the waypoint on High,bombers do not dodge, but bomber do not defend themselve, and it's free kill.

I did many reports about that problem, and i hope we'll have a fix for that.

Habu - Pe-2 formations set to 'medium' do not dodge, and return fire.

Haven't tested the He-111's yet.

Thanks Gambit. I already have a training mission on the server with spawn points to do fighter vs Ai fighters, also you can bomb facilities, trains and ships. I am going to setup a spawn point in our training mission when a fighter enters the Zone the bomber group activates. I was hoping to add a bomber group with a realistic bomber box. I guess the AI is not good enough for that so any grouping will do. I can send you the mission I have built so far to look at if you like. I do not think Mastiff or XE will mind but I will ask.

They don't dodge until the gunner return fire. As soon the gunner begin to shoot, the bomber begin to dodge. But i didn't test with the Pe2.

britain.jpg

Looks like in this formation they flew in flights of 3.

Yep, that's what i use for my bomber flight.

Thanks Gambit. I already have a training mission on the server with spawn points to do fighter vs Ai fighters, also you can bomb facilities, trains and ships. I am going to setup a spawn point in our training mission when a fighter enters the Zone the bomber group activates. I was hoping to add a bomber group with a realistic bomber box. I guess the AI is not good enough for that so any grouping will do. I can send you the mission I have built so far to look at if you like. I do not think Mastiff or XE will mind but I will ask.

I'll build a 24-36 aircraft bomber formation like the one pictured.

You can place as you like or delete aircraft for your needs.

Not sure exactly when, holiday this week then going on a short vacation.

I'll keep you posted.

Here's 18 so far in groups of 3.

I haven't adjusted their altitude yet, or relative to each other.

My time is almost up for tonight, I'll finish later.

More progress - some altitude adjustments.

Wife due home any minute!

post-23599-0-59023400-1511309777_thumb.jpg

Noticeable FPS drop at 24, and that's with nothing else on the map yet.

I'll experiment but not sure how many you'll be able to get away with in multiplayer.

88's might be easier on resources,

There's also the matter Habu pointed out that will have to be sorted with an update.

Ill test with a small group to see if I can get the AI to act nicely.

Miss those old days in Il2 with large formations.

Edited by 71st_AH_TwoLate

For the bomber formation I actually took a route that placed 3 single bombers in close formation so I could adjust the heights of individual aircraft. It seemed to give a better feel for the formation. It is a bit oh effort to make though.

Yeah that get's tedious though, especially when you want them to attack something.

Noticeable FPS drop at 24, and that's with nothing else on the map yet.

I'll experiment but not sure how many you'll be able to get away with in multiplayer.

88's might be easier on resources,

There's also the matter Habu pointed out that will have to be sorted with an update.

12 is what i found which is the best for my server. There are enough bomber to simulate the number of plane, and you can add some player and Ai fighter to cover and some to attack the bomber.

But i use a random group which activate the spawn of 12 HE111, or 12 JU 88

Edited by Habu

Thanks for the insight as always Habu.

That might be a good thing to do with this group - I'll add a random generator.

I use the random too for the fighter which have altitude and waypoint which change . With that, even me as a mission builder, i can't say wich oponent we 'll encounter. ;)

Hi, I tested in a 18 Ju88 formation at 5000m and they return the fire, but don´t dodge (setting in medium)

Walter_Nowotny, on 28 Nov 2017 - 03:37, said:

Hi, I tested in a 18 Ju88 formation at 5000m and they return the fire, but don´t dodge (setting in medium)

Good to know, i have to redone my test. Maybe something change. :salute:

Edited by Habu