SYN_Haashashin

The Groups Sharing Corner

8 hours ago, [TWB]Sketch said:

Try resetting the group by using the resave group option in the mission editor.

Thanks but it's not working, I get the error message "failed to resave group"

Posted (edited)

Please give the group to this thread and we'll take a look at it.

My bad! It's 3am and I need sleep. I tested the group, and it doesn't work for me either. Let me see if I can recreate this group for you. Do you just want searchlights on a runway?

Edited by [TWB]Sketch

Posted (edited)

So I created a "landing fires" and a "landing searchlights" set of groups for both Allied and Axis.

image.thumb.png.345872373dc9c4d47658a3cc152a8ff8.png

The nice thing about these groups is that the fires/searchlights will "go away" when friendly players are not near them. Then, when friendly players do get near; they turn back on. Be sure to use the "place on ground" button with all the fires and searchlights.

image.thumb.png.cb03d2f5179a5fbf4e03e93fd00203ed.png

Runway Lights and Beacon.zip

Here's my group; feel free to use it as you see fit. ^^^

If you have questions, let me know.

EDIT: Updated group file June 16th, 2019

Edited by [TWB]Sketch
Updated group file
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, [TWB]Sketch said:

Do you just want searchlights on a runway?

Yes, I need to place the landing lights that will illuminate the runway for landing, and these are the objects that I can't get to work. I can make the bonfires work, also the searchlights are working fine, but not the landing lights.

Thanks for creating your groups for me, I am checking the one that has landing lights for allied planes but I hate to say it is not working within my mission.

So I have a couple questions - I notice you didn't tick the "Enabled" box for any of the objects and as far as I can see they are not triggered to activate/spawn, so they don't show within the mission at all.

I also notice you place "searchlight" objects rather than "landlight" objects, seems to be the wrong object to use to illuminate the runway?  

But even after I edited your group to enable the objects and changed them to "landlights", it is still not working! 

Can you please tell me whether you tested this group in mission and does it work for you? Because from what I can see, the command "ForceComplete" doesn't turn on/off the landinglights anymore.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Vendigo said:

Yes, I need to place the landing lights that will illuminate the runway for landing, and these are the objects that I can't get to work. I can make the bonfires work, also the searchlights are working fine, but not the landing lights.

Thanks for creating your groups for me, I am checking the one that has landing lights for allied planes but I hate to say it is not working within my mission.

So I have a couple questions - I notice you didn't tick the "Enabled" box for any of the objects and as far as I can see they are not triggered to activate/spawn, so they don't show within the mission at all.

I also notice you place "searchlight" objects rather than "landlight" objects, seems to be the wrong object to use to illuminate the runway?  

But even after I edited your group to enable the objects and changed them to "landlights", it is still not working! 

Can you please tell me whether you tested this group in mission and does it work for you? Because from what I can see, the command "ForceComplete" doesn't turn on/off the landinglights anymore.

In the Checkzones group for runway lights for each country, object link the Start Inside Sphere activate trigger and the Stop Outside Sphere deactivate trigger to all the runway lights. Also, I believe you need to change the seachlights to landlights, but maybe Sketch had something else in mind for how the group works.

Edited by JimTM

Posted (edited)

Test? Pppssshhh!!! Who does that anymore? 

I'm kidding... Let me take another look at the group today. 

EDIT: As you can see below (as of june 15th 2019) the landing lights and search lights do not turn on due to a bug. I'll edit the group I posted once the bug is resolved. (Maybe the devs want lights to turn on a different way...?  If so, I'll need to modify the group to that particular way.)

Runway Lights and Beacon.zip

Edited by [TWB]Sketch
Added group, but still does not work due to bug

I think the landing lights are broken with the new update. They are no longer working in my missions, and even appear to be broken in SP career missions. I reported it here:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Yes, I 100% agree! All of the lights (searchlights and landing lights) are not working with any type of force complete command. I have a test mission here that goes through all the force complete commands and it does not turn on the lights.

Landing Lights Test.zip

Edited by [TWB]Sketch
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, I was hoping they would fix that with the hotfix they released,but alas.. 

Hopefully they fix it soon..

• Thanks 1

On 9/7/2015 at 12:12 PM, coconut said:

Here is an ambush group that implements the following "story":

• German platoon driving on road
  • Two Russian platoons hiding in forests
  • Russian platoons open fire
  • German platoon signal attacks using a green flare, then retreats driving backwards
  • German platoon fires back, as Russian platoons come out of cover and advance on their target's position
  • German platoon is ultimately overrun.

post-31381-0-49340000-1441642120_thumb.png

Maybe not so useful in a MP mission while everybody is busy fighting in a furball, but could be used in e.g. the intro of an SP mission.

Ambush.zip 3.03 kB · 53 downloads

Outstanding... simply outstanding. :clapping:

• Upvote 1

Now will you look at that, Paddy: Magic Tanks driving backwarts right  through the trees ....

I'll download it, as i simply haven't been able to fall of a pontoon bridge with a Tank, let alone shooting at an Axis Intruder.

Thanks for posting

Germans: "We are advancing, Kamerade ... back for Vaterland!":)

On 6/15/2019 at 7:30 PM, [TWB]Sketch said:

Yes, I 100% agree! All of the lights (searchlights and landing lights) are not working with any type of force complete command. I have a test mission here that goes through all the force complete commands and it does not turn on the lights.

Hello all, a quick remark back to the searchlight issue: the force complete command "Low" still brings the searchlights to life indeed - the casings start rotating and pivoting up and down as if they were searching in vain for a target, however, without the light beam being switched on. You can clearly observe the "useless" movement of the searchlights along the runway in Sketch's Landing Lights Test mission as soon as a "Low" command is given.

I see the disabled beams related to the attempt to make searchlights work with the Attack Area command as announced prior to the 3.101 release which doesn't work either appearently. I hope with Flashy that the issue will be fixed again. I liked to use light effects extensively for my missions.

Cheers

image.thumb.png.e5b2175e9fceb3774a411c07465dcdb9.png

• Upvote 1

The lights are back to business with the new release. Tomorrow I'll check the workability of the attack area commands to create beacons....

Cheers

PIT.thumb.JPG.b7434d76a3da843200bfa19d30cc918e.JPG

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Hi, none of the advanced settings of the Attack Area command worked to create a steady upright searchlight beam. If the command is object-linked to the searchlight its beam doesn't go on. Attached pictures show a Ju-52 flying too low to be caught by the searchlight battery, the lights being switched on and off by a pair of proximity triggers together with the Force Complete commands and the homing beacon of Mainz-Finthen airfield, a night fighter base just at the South-Eastern edge of the new Rhineland map, triggered by a flare signal from the player and the Force Complete commands. However, the beacon is constantly moving like a searchlight.

Conclusion: the Attack Area controlled searchlight feature doesn't work, the previous condition has been succesfully restored which is very fine.

Cheers

1064177217_Searchlightbeams.thumb.JPG.39ea039e464c41377cf20f71b830cebd.JPG

2092736160_Homingbeacon.thumb.JPG.17b27b11d40c242287f25b08bd294ad1.JPG

Edited by Hamaha15

Won't you let me take you on a...river cruise?

Hello, attached you'll find a group-file to populate the picturesque Rhinevalley between Ruedesheim in the South and Koblenz (Coblence) in the North. This stretch of the the river Rhine is today a tourist magnet for poeple all around the world. Its most famous attractions are the city of Ruedesheim and the Lorelei rock. There's an oldtime saga of a blonde girl combing her hair sitting on top of the Lorelei. The boat poeple down in the valley looked up to her and dazzled by her beauty ran into the reefs then hidden under the river's turbulent waters and perished.

I love to rove around with my planes with time spare at hand and I found the world quite empty in this interesting area. Needed some remedy... Based on old contemporary postcards of villages and objects along the river Rhine I modelled the settlements accordingly. Fortunately the BoBP map appears to be to scale. You can overlay it with Google Earth. Congratulations to the developpers. They've made a great job. I don't claim that my add-on is 100% accurate, it's an approach. Keep in mind that the villages and cities in 1945 were considerably smaller than they are today. Today's maps are not much of a help if you want to recreate the past situation.

One - crucial - feature is missing: castles and ruined castles. I ommitted them for now since I didn't find a way to build them from available elements to a credible result. I hope that the developpers will soon provide a set of them for the FMB tool box as these structures are universally suitable for the entire NWE theatre, Germany, Belgium, France. For aviators they are of great interest as navigational aids and by nature they are plainly visible from the air due to their exposed sites on hilltops.

For mission builders the Rhinevalley provides the scenery for ground and strafing attacks until March 1945. In general this area was fortunate to escape systematic bombing, however, the german transport system - railway lines and barges - were a primary target of allied fighter bombers. When the Germans retreated to the Eastern bank of the river around March, 18th they blew up all bridges. All traffic along the river is supposed to have come to a standstill. General Patton's 3rd army crossed the river Rhine farther to the South-East on March, 23rd. Only later US troops built at least two pontoon bridges across the river Rhine at Bacharach and at Boppard in the Rhinevalley. No hint found whether the German Luftwaffe ever attacked these bridges...

Save the Group-file to your ...\data\template folder and import it into your mission by the File/Import From File... menu. This way all items will be positioned correctly.

Cheers

279609270_P-47D_1.thumb.JPG.f393d8c9559d44025b6e964cb702c660.JPG953111245_P-47D_2.thumb.JPG.89761d432eff7956807590bd3feab733.JPG994423930_P-47D_3.thumb.JPG.258176f05502f95ab66e2fc5368af953.JPG

Rhinevalley.zip

Edited by Hamaha15
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Hamaha15 said:

Hello, attached you'll find a group-file to populate the picturesque Rhinevalley between Ruedesheim in the South and Koblenz (Coblence) in the North. This stretch of the the river Rhine is today a tourist magnet for poeple all around the world. Its most famous attractions are the city of Ruedesheim and the Lorelei rock. There's an oldtime saga of a blonde girl combing her hair sitting on top of the Lorelei. The boat poeple down in the valley looked up to her and dazzled by her beauty ran into the reefs then hidden under the river's turbulent waters and perished.

I love to rove around with my planes with time spare at hand and I found the world quite empty in this interesting area. Needed some remedy... Based on old contemporary postcards of villages and objects along the river Rhine I modelled the settlements accordingly. Fortunately the BoBP map appears to be to scale. You can overlay it with Google Earth. Congratulations to the developpers. They've made a great job. I don't claim that my add-on is 100% accurate, it's an approach. Keep in mind that the villages and cities in 1945 were considerably smaller than they are today. Today's maps are not much of a help if you want to recreate the past situation.

One - crucial - feature is missing: castles and ruined castles. I ommitted them for now since I didn't find a way to build them from available material to a credible result. I hope that the developpers will soon provide a set of them for the FMB tool box as these structures are universally suitable for the entire NWE theatre, Germany, Belgium, France. For aviators they are of great interest as navigational aids and by nature they are plainly visible due to their exposed sites.

For mission builders the Rhinevalley provides the scenery for ground and strafing attacks until March 1945. In general this area was fortunate to escape systematic bombing, however, the german transport system - railway lines and barges - were a primary target of allied fighter bombers. When the Germans retreated to the Eastern bank of the river around March, 18th they blew up all bridges. All traffic along the river is supposed to have come to a standstill. General Patton's 3rd army crossed the river Rhine farther to the South-East on March, 23rd. Only later US troops built at least two pontoon bridges accross the river Rhine at Bacharach and at Boppard in the Rhinevalley. No hint found whether the German Luftwaffe ever attacked these bridges...

Save the Group-file to your ...\data\template folder and import it into your mission by the File/Import From File... menu. This way all items will be positioned correctly.

Cheers

279609270_P-47D_1.thumb.JPG.f393d8c9559d44025b6e964cb702c660.JPG953111245_P-47D_2.thumb.JPG.89761d432eff7956807590bd3feab733.JPG994423930_P-47D_3.thumb.JPG.258176f05502f95ab66e2fc5368af953.JPG

Rhinevalley.zip 23.41 kB · 1 download

Nice work! Can I use it to enhance the Rhineland template for my mission generator?

Hello SYN_Vander and all others who may come up with same question: Yes please. Go ahead.

Dumb Q as i am too LoL; these group files go into the template folder i take it?

In Haash' opening post there are some dead dropbox links, as they appear to be from 2015. Are these group files still valid in 3.201c ? Also for importing into Rheinland? Arras FC planes might all die like flies with AAA stuff from WW2.

Edited by jollyjack

8 hours ago, jollyjack said:

Dumb Q as i am too LoL; these group files go into the template folder i take it?

The groups for things that are meant to go in one location on one map go in the Templates folder (or in other folders except \data\Missions or a subfolder of that folder). For example, the Rhine Valley object group just above.

The groups for things that you can place as often as you like, anywhere, on any map go in \data\Missions or a subfolder of that folder. The group then appears in the Objects Library under "Groups". For example, Thad's Ambush group here.

I created subfolders of \data\missions called "Groups" and "Groups - Temp".  I put all my regular groups under folder "Groups" and all the groups that I'm just trying out under "Groups - Temp". That way, the contents of "Groups appear first under Groups in the Object Library.

Edited by JimTM
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your assistance, really appreciated. I am just looking at your FMB sample missions, was able to dump a group and import them in to another (Rheinland) map.

Try to figure out to get 3 formations of bombers to drop within an area and then get home, they fly the route alright, but don't drop yet.

It's very time consuming, this FMB stuff. Thiis as one cannot start a mission half ways through for testing certain parts. Something that can be very useful ...

On 10/11/2019 at 5:42 PM, Hamaha15 said:

Hello, attached you'll find a group-file to populate the picturesque Rhinevalley between Ruedesheim in the South and Koblenz (Coblence) in the North. .....

Rhinevalley.zip 23.41 kB · 4 downloads

Thanks, i am heading towards Koblenz for a teaching stint in a month or two; i'll play the Lorelei song for you on my car stereo ....

Import your Rhinevalley group into my brain; as i  always get lost in the country side there in winter.

Roadworks and small country dirt roads not properly displayed in my navi as usual.

• Like 1

Tips Combat Box Group
Template Created on Rheinland Summer Map
v3.201c
*Readme with Full Specifics for Designers included. Please view.
**CheckZone MCUs included. Must be used as created in either SP, CoOP or using an Independent Dserver. Within Ingame Dserver Checkzones will not work.

Tips Combat Box Group.zip

To Install:
A) Extract the enclosed Group and the 6 Language Files to your Servers C:\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\Template folder or wherever/however you have your Game set up. Name of the Group is Tips Combat Box Group.

Open Rheinland Map within ME

<File>

<Import from File>

Navigate to Data/Template

<Double Left Click> to Install on Map
B) Group fits on Stalingrad, Moscow and Kuban Map. However altitude differences within the Maps will effect the formation. Use/Adjust at your discretion.

Included:
4 x 3 AI B-25 Flts activating @ 15,500ft Form up in Combat Box which then.
Attack and Level Bomb Industrial Target.
Egress and land at Home Base. 
*Following Bomb release B-25s initiate 3 Egress turns, regaining close formation then descend to land at Home Base w/Flak Rearm/Repair/Refuel Option.

Target:
Industrial Section w/Flak.
Placebo Oil Containers, Factory Section and Warehouse setup as Targets.

Home Base w/Flak Rearm/Repair/Refuel Option:
Has Subtitle denoting Rearm/Repair/Refuel which is operational or not due to Enemy Aircraft in the vicinity.

2 Ambush Bf109G Groups:
Remove to view complete Bombing run with unfettered egress turns or move to another Sector at your discretion.

For those learning the ME. Read the readme. Make sure to open up the Main and Secondary Groups. Explore how and why things work. The Template is specifically Grouped for easy access.
Good Luck with your Mission Designing,
Merry Christmas.
Tip

Edited by [DBS]Tx_Tip
Installation Directions from Template
  • Like 2