Zak

Game version 1.004 discussion

I think the ball is mostly in Freetrack's corner now, so it's a bit unfair to blame the devs for it. If I understood correctly, until now BoS has been recognized as RoF in both environments? If so, now that it's recognized as BoS, TIR has updated its system and knows how to handle it, whereas FT doesn't know what to do with software it doesn't recognize to be an FT compatible game. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this might be the case.

Thank you.

y50ve3n2RC.png

• Upvote 5

Hello devs and fellow pilots,

I noticed a possible bug while updating OpenTrack to the latest stable version. Everything works fine - except the y-Rotation (pitch, tilting your head up and down), which seems to be cut off half way. While looking using the mouse, I can look exactly 90° up/down, but with OpenTrack I only can only look roughly 45° up/down. I figured all rotary axes go from -180 to 0 to 180, except for the pitch. In OpenTrack it only ranges from -90 to 0 to 90.

Could it be that IL2 BoS is expecting a range covering -180 to 0 to 180, and therefore I am not able to tilt my head completely up/down?

I wasn't able to find any settings concerning the range both in IL2 nor OpenTrack. Maybe someone can give me a hint? Is this a known bug? Any thoughts?

Cheers :)

The problem is on their side. They don't understand the problem.

Natural points Headtracking protocol uses a crypted connection from their Hardware part to their software part, so no one can use it except NP.

The freetrack protocol is nearly the same, but without encryption so its free to use.

Zak specifically warned against doing that for this update.

My controls still work perfectly?

Edited by SPEKTRE76

At least I didn't even know that freetrack wasn't developed anymore, so it might have been a surprise to the developers as well. Hopefully some kind of a workaround can be found soon.

Trying FaceTrackNoIR with freetrack API might be worth a shot. Yes, you can use the IR leds as well with facetrack. 

Solved a few issues with fellows in Arma3 a while go as Freetrack also started to act up weird.

Edited by =LD=Hethwill_Khan

Still getting CTD in campaign. Now the CTD's are mid flight, and not while hitting 'ESC' when mission has ended. Have not tried MP to with 1.004 yet. 

Now the CTD's are mid flight, and not while hitting 'ESC' when mission has ended

LoL.

Eyes Open at carrer choice, just the mentaly tough guys may choose game developing.

Edited by 1./JG42Nephris

Ahem, my ancient TIR 3 doesn't seem to work with 5.2.200 software. Any recommendations/help for the computerially challenged noob would be greatly appreciated..

The problem is on their side. They don't understand the problem.

Natural points Headtracking protocol uses a crypted connection from their Hardware part to their software part, so no one can use it except NP.

The freetrack protocol is nearly the same, but without encryption so its free to use.

AFAIK Freetrack is no longer supported.

You know, I have bought a Photoshop professional version 6.0 many years ago when my system was still running on Win XP. Does no longer work on Win 7. As the big label antivirus software that I bought many years ago. This is IT life.

As Opentrack is still supported and developed I suggest to make the leap and migrate to that software.

Edited by sturmkraehe

Updated TIR on remote so it's ready for me when I get home.. ;)

However, I can't see BoS in the title list???

tir.jpg

it is not showing up correctly, it show as ROF, but when you run it; it shows at the top as IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle, in the title area. but it is not in the profile area so NP needs to fix it. some one go over there and tell them.

I'm all ready very disappointed, it is not backwards compatible with software v4.2.39!

Edited by 71st_Mastiff

I use the latest software with a TrackIR 3 Pro so hardware isn't an issue.

To make it clear, you DO NOT need to buy a new TrackIR to use the latest TrackIR software - it works for hardware versions 3, 4 and 5.

Zak specifically warned against doing that for this update.

My TIR 3 would not update past V4 software with the auto update. I will manually uninstall and install the new V5.2.2 Software. Hopefully that will fix the current issue. Thanks....

Since the v1.004, all my campaign landings are considered as emergency ones, even if it seems to keep all my points (not devided) :

I have to say that there are others huge problems more urgent to solve first : For instance, the bug or non sense that makes us not get our take off and landing points for unlocks !.... Devs, this problem really is serious : I do the 3/4 of a mission goal, I have to shoot down some ennemy fighters and AAA in more, I land in good health, and get just a few points... :( And my wingman is still perfectly unable to attack the objective of the mission, I really don't what this stupid AI does with its bombs, but never puts them as it should, even when I give the order "Attack the closest ennemy ground unity" while flying just above it. That's pretty ridiculous.

Edited by Solmyr

Ahem, my ancient TIR 3 doesn't seem to work with 5.2.200 software. Any recommendations/help for the computerially challenged noob would be greatly appreciated..

I am about to go through the same process, so we will see what turns up. Can't install until this evening about 6 hours from now

who told you it was? anything lower to hardware version 3 with vector is not supported by software v5.2.200

the thing is 1CGAMES needs to continue support for software v4.2.39 as NP is still supporting it.

Edited by 71st_Mastiff
  • Upvote 1

mate if you want to see this sim grows and success, cutting out the tracking methods it something that should concerns you pretty much,

as now many many players are out of the game for who knows how many time.

Not the dev's fault or NP fault.

reetrack needs toget their own files together, and that's that.

In this case we have done nothing intentional. No attempt by us to block free track. There is no conspiracy on our part. All we have done is support trackir with their sdk.

Jason

I accept that as a fact. not trying to make a conspiracy, not intending to brand anyone as evil - merely some thoughts revolving around the background of this event.

and certainly NOT blaming anyone on the BoS side at all.

Thank you Dear Developers and Managers and all the BoS Team who did their best to make me believe and give away my money for a product that i will not use after this day. I've been with you since the the beginning  (28/07/2013) and followed you every week. There was no post/comment that the only head tracking system supported by BOS will be the TrackIR. And after all that time i spent and invested in your game (to buy a joystick,pedals, rudder), you leave me no another option than to give away €175 for a device that i can make by myself for €25. THANK YOU, but NO, i will not do that. 

Maybe you owned another label like "Battle of Stallingrad is officially supporting TrackIR" but you lost another person playing your game. Please to give me my money back.

I'm agree at 100% with your post, but we have other sims with same problem, like DCS. I think that it's a legal problem with Nature Point and Freetrack dll's, I'm not sure at 100%.

I'm thinking to do the same if possible, and I've curiousity to check what will do all users that use freetrack, and the impact in MP servers from today, but I think that isn't a problem from Devs.In any case, if people can help us with how to recover our money and cancel our accounts, personally I'll be happy with this info but not due to do it, be sure that not, it's a great sim that I can not to play

• Upvote 1

y50ve3n2RC.png

Wrong Picture.

NATURALPOINT has put an end to a situation like this.

titel_fs10.jpg

if you want IN, you must stop using TrackIR commercial files for your Head tracking Device.

either write your own files, or buy the product that goes with the TrackIR software.

The choice has been put upon the Freetrack community... they need to develop their own solution and stop riding Piggyback.

A Cheating method has been found and stopped.

GOOD.

and the Dev's have nothing to do with it at all.

It's Business, afterall.

=================================

and to those ranters that leave, because NATURALPOINT makes this choice...

Please do not come back, because if you not understand who is the initiator of the change here, then you have nothing positive to contribute.

Edited by Hawker_Typhoon
  • Upvote 5

Wrong Picture.

titel_fs10.jpg

if you want IN, you must stop using TrackIR commercial files for your Head tracking Device.

either write your own files, or buy the product that goes with the TrackIR software.

The choice has been put upon the Freetrack community... they need to develop their own solution and stop riding Piggyback.

GOOD.

It's Business, afterall.

Please do not come back, because if you not understand who is the initiator of the change here, then you have nothing positive to contribute.

nope, but they just lost some costumers in other small countries, such as southern America; because their imports are taxed heavily and they can not afford to buy said products.

nope, but they just lost some costumers in other small countries, such as southern America; because their imports are taxed heavily and they can not afford to buy said products.

and for that you thank your government.

and stop dropping Poo on the Dev's.

• Upvote 1

Wrong Picture.

titel_fs10.jpg

GOOD.

It's Business, afterall.

so much this! They should ban all freeware software that uses non-free software parts ( like facetrackNoIR). I'm earning my money in a company that builds soft- and hardware, stealing a product and not pay for the work others have done is like robbing a super market. 

• Upvote 2

great to hear that half of the players can't play anymore without a trackir, cause the stupid official support when before was working perfectly for all,

to that sum all the players that don't want to play it anymore cause the unlocks and what will be next, players without hotas will not be able to set

their controls.

i followed and defended the game even with the mass hysteria with unlocks, but devs you rather prefer official NP support to something that was working for all, instead of

more players enjoying the game. 

ok it's your product

Edited by GOAPotenz
  • Upvote 1

it was working, but now it's working PROPERLY,
It's like PROPERLY implementing Force feedback, and oops you kill the people who made their own joysticks.

TrackIR software for TrackIR devices.
Saitek Software for Saitek devices.

and the fiddlers who fiddle their own solutions in both hardware and software have enough inertia to come up with their own solutions.
or not.

Anyway. The solution to Freetrack Users is ready here:
http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/12748-freetrack-solutionfixworkaround/

all you need is to follow these instructions.
no need to stop playing. No need to rant.

Edited by Hawker_Typhoon
  • Upvote 3

Before you point fingers at BoS alone try your Freetracks with other games, such as ArmA, iRacing, and similar simulators. You will stumble into similar issues. DayZ SA for example, after this latest patch is giving the same issues with FreeT. FaceT and probably OpenT will solve them as some guys are sharing their experiences.

Legacy TIR hardware apparently can use the recent software, and if not in that case is a different subject not comparable to FreeTrack use; plus NP has full support, as opposite to FreeTrack and FaceTrack.

Dammit. I can't use the v4 Software of the TrackIR anymore, as the game doensn't recognize it anymore. And V5 doesn't work with my TrackIR3 because it Forces me to activate the vector expansion. They must be joking!!!!!

• Upvote 1

so much this! They should ban all freeware software that uses non-free software parts ( like facetrackNoIR). I'm earning my money in a company that builds soft- and hardware, stealing a product and not pay for the work others have done is like robbing a super market. 

Yes, and some think to be in their right to do so. Or they argue that it's just the big company's bosses robbed. Well, this same boss pays your next man's salary or that of the secretary or room cleaning crew. So those also steal from the simple worker next door who happens to work in that company.

Edited by sturmkraehe

So you weren't a customer in the first place.

It's pretty clear that this problem has nothing to do with the game's devs but with NP and their decisions.

This is going to affect to all future updates of all those games that use TrackIR and all the free alternatives.

People free riding on NP's IP, will have to make a move from now on, wither get a legit product or not use any tracking app.

Edited by CBZ323

Ok lets say all of those things are good as you say, you still cant deny the fact that 30 players multy is just rubbish. CLOD a broken game now a few years old can handle 100 players + lots of AI, why cant BoS handle at least 80 players and that is not even the real problem for me couse i do belive they will make it so u can have lots of palyers without lag... eventually. The REAL problem for me is that i PAID them for the game and i have some spare time now and want to play but i cant because i use freetrack (befor i made the purchase i checked if the game worked with freetrack and it did, if it didnt work with freetrack i would have never bought it). So the conclusion is i feel screwed over and im angry.

You haven't been here with the Heavy Metal server hosting 130, and that was just a 1st day of testing it after it was installed in the datacenter. We never got the chance to really stress test it before the MP servers test began, but IIRC it filled up to 80 or something that night and the next.

Numbers were reduced to 32 across the board for netcode testing, appreciation and enhancement.

Freetrack issue has nothing to do with server count, so I think you are just over the top with frustration :( sorry for that. Some guys are giving hints on how to overcome the tracker issues but apparently some of you just choose to ignore all kinds of help and just vent until next weekend comes...

So... yeah. I'll sit tight and wait.

mate if you want to see this sim grows and success, cutting out the tracking methods it something that should concerns you pretty much,

as now many many players are out of the game for who knows how many time.

i was with you on the freetrack thing, i have just tried Opentrack (which is free as well) and works better than freetrack

I see this is getting even more of a mess day after day... Still no chance to change pilot's name. You guys really have a lot to learn... Go back to 1946, that's the best we will ever get in ww2 simming. This guys just can't deliver.

• Upvote 2

Dammit. I can't use the v4 Software of the TrackIR anymore, as the game doensn't recognize it anymore. And V5 doesn't work with my TrackIR3 because it Forces me to activate the vector expansion. They must be joking!!!!!

I'm currently working on this solution. both software from NP is supported, and they do update both game profile titles; the problem when they updated, seems to be an issue with SDK files.

Is there a way to use custom profile w/o putting on exclusive? I can't see BOS in tr5 list.

So you weren't a customer in the first place.

It's pretty clear that this problem has nothing to do with the game's devs but with NP and their decisions.

This is going to affect to all future updates of all those games that use TrackIR and all the free alternatives.

People free riding on NP's IP, will have to make a move from now on, wither get a legit product or not use any tracking app.

ummm don't be putting words into my mouth, I'm a track ir pro 4 version customer!

Is there a way to use custom profile w/o putting on exclusive? I can't see BOS in tr5 list.

its bugged. just make sure your list is default and select default, then make default exclusive it will work.

Hello devs and fellow pilots,

I noticed a possible bug while updating OpenTrack to the latest stable version. Everything works fine - except the y-Rotation (pitch, tilting your head up and down), which seems to be cut off half way. While looking using the mouse, I can look exactly 90° up/down, but with OpenTrack I only can only look roughly 45° up/down. I figured all rotary axes go from -180 to 0 to 180, except for the pitch. In OpenTrack it only ranges from -90 to 0 to 90.

Could it be that IL2 BoS is expecting a range covering -180 to 0 to 180, and therefore I am not able to tilt my head completely up/down?

I wasn't able to find any settings concerning the range both in IL2 nor OpenTrack. Maybe someone can give me a hint? Is this a known bug? Any thoughts?

Cheers :)

Hey there. Same problem here, lets PM each other if either of us finds a solution :) S!

Ok, the new ambient sounds are ridiculous.. Just started a quick mission from parking and while my engine is off I can hear airplanes flying and someone shooting cannon rounds? Thank god that welder is not here..

Thanks for the info Mastiff!! I wanted to fly for the past hour but couldn't due to the TrackIR mess. Neither version of the V4 software recognized the game. That wouldn't be a problem perse, as updating to V5 helps but thanks to the wisdom of NP, V5 only supports the TrackIR3 in combination with the VE. WTF????? The software refused to work with the stock TrackIR3 on purpose for the reason, that you buy the VE. That's a real bummer :/

it was working, but now it's working PROPERLY,

It's like PROPERLY implementing Force feedback, and oops you kill the people who made their own joysticks.

TrackIR software for TrackIR devices.

Saitek Software for Saitek devices.

and the fiddlers who fiddle their own solutions in both hardware and software have enough inertia to come up with their own solutions.

or not.

Anyway. The solution to Freetrack Users is ready here:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/12748-freetrack-solutionfixworkaround/

all you need is to follow these instructions.

no need to stop playing. No need to rant.

I can confirm this works for me now. Just dont forget to invert pitch in freetrack!

Thnx a lot

Lensman,

I had the same problem with TIR when I was forced to update the software for it to work in DCS.

I tetsted it against a friends unit and it turned out to be my camera unit, even thoughit it worked fine with the older 32 bit software.

Thanks for this but I've got a different problem.

I've got TrackIR 5.1.300 installed and can't install 5.2 because even though the installer starts it has a greyed out 'next' button to proceed with the installation. I've tried everything, including deleting all the files in appdata/temp, restarting, registry cleans, running the msi directly, running the installer as administrator and not as administrator etc etc. There's no sensible reason for it at all!

Happily 5.1 is running fine with this release of BOS so I'm good to go but come the day that I NEED 5.2 then I'm in big trouble.