Zak

Game version 1.004 discussion

why my track ir don't work .

You have to update TrackIR "Software" and "Game List" in it.

Yes... many of us have done that... I have the latest tracker drivers, I have updated my game list... still there is no setting for BoS.

Every other flight sim I own is listed, but not the latest released sim on the market... how strange!

Dear pilots,

I'll try to explain to you why Freetrack and similar software is no longer working correctly in BOS. But first of all let me admit that our studio never did anything particularly targeted at limiting your freedom to use original and handmade devices for simming.

Okay, here's the gist:

1) Update 1.004 contains the native TrackIR profile. Natural Point company enabled the IL2BOS profile on their side and added the corresponding compatibility. By the way do not forget to update your NP software and the list of profiles;

2) Freetrack being an unlicensed piece of software is in fact using the API produced by Natural Point. At the same time Freetrack has not added its native profile for BOS. So, in order to have it working correctly the developer of this device/software needs to add an adequate profile for our game and inform us about it;

3) We are obliged to add Natural Point profile as soon as we're using the API of TrackIR;

4) Unfortunatelly, we don't know how to get in touch with the developer of Freetrack and tell them that we could use a Freetrack profile for BOS. We have no information about the company authorized to produce this device/software and provide customer support for it. We are open for conversation and we are ready to discuss adding compatibility of massively and officially used simming devices.

It's not our problem to figure out: it is yours. Why do all other games do just fine and this one doesn't? Sounds like you're not giving us the whole picture. For the amount of money that I have payed your updates are just unacceptable. I am now unable to play the game just like I used to. You have let me down and try to fix it by coming up with some ridiculous excuses. Im sure I am not alone thinking in a similar matter. I will reconsider my stance on purchasing the products of your company in the future.  

On my keyboard the ~ sign is right next to the 1 key. If you can't find the ~ sign how did you type it?

• Upvote 1

Hi to all, but on the keyboard where is the symbol ~ I can't find it.....

It´s the upper left key, under the ESC key. On a german keyboard its the key with this symbol: ^

On my keyboard the ~ sign is right next to the 1 key. If you can't find the ~ sign how did you type it?

Copy n' paste?

It's not our problem to figure out: it is yours.

Actually, it is our problem, since we use an outdated and legally questionable piece of software, which hasn't been updated or maintained for three years now. Nontheless, the developers actually still try to implement it, but thats kind of hard if there is no Freetrack-developer around anymore. If this makes you wish not to have bought this game, then maybe you shouldn't buy any piece of software at all.

Ever considered using Opentrack (free, more stable & still updated regularly)?

umbers were reduced to 32 across the board for netcode testing, appreciation and enhancement.

That's fine but I'll ask again, when will the server numbers be bumped up to more than 33?  It's fine to stress test but it's frustrating not to get into a populated server as a squad.  When do we go back to more reasonable server numbers?

• Upvote 1

Actually, it is our problem, since we use an outdated and legally questionable piece of software, which hasn't been updated or maintained for three years now. Nontheless, the developers actually still try to implement it, but thats kind of hard if there is no Freetrack-developer around anymore. If this makes you wish not to have bought this game, then maybe you shouldn't buy any piece of software at all.

Ever considered using Opentrack (free, more stable & still updated regularly)?

Are you kidding me?  

Hear hear Zeigler! When oh when will the numbers on servers go up? I can see that the biggest push for this last update would be CTD's but now is the time to work on the servers!

• Upvote 1

It's not our problem to figure out: it is yours. Why do all other games do just fine and this one doesn't? Sounds like you're not giving us the whole picture. For the amount of money that I have payed your updates are just unacceptable. I am now unable to play the game just like I used to. You have let me down and try to fix it by coming up with some ridiculous excuses. Im sure I am not alone thinking in a similar matter. I will reconsider my stance on purchasing the products of your company in the future.

Open track is better than freetrack and is actively being developed im a former freetrack user myself but im very happy with what i have now!

Serach a post in the general discussion called " opentrack file 2.2a2 (allows for90 degree pitch view) their you will find what ypu need

S!

Mastiff. I don't use a headset, as i prefer the sound from 4 speakers and a large woofer under the table. I would have to use the clip, although i also dislike the need of wearing a hat all the time. Isn't there some kind of a device for the head, where you can clip that active led thingy on, just as if it were a headset, but lacking the earphones? :-D

or sunglasses, like a real pilot!! :D

Mastiff. I don't use a headset, as i prefer the sound from 4 speakers and a large woofer under the table. I would have to use the clip, although i also dislike the need of wearing a hat all the time. Isn't there some kind of a device for the head, where you can clip that active led thingy on, just as if it were a headset, but lacking the earphones? :-D

Maybe this: 41DOZZIzYBL._SY300_.jpg  :lol:

• Upvote 7

Open track is better than freetrack and is actively being developed im a former freetrack user myself but im very happy with what i have now!

Serach a post in the general discussion called " opentrack file 2.2a2 (allows for90 degree pitch view) their you will find what ypu need

S!

Yes!

I was very annoyed by the sudden change in data format for what is technically an open solution at the root, you can only alter (unnecessarily) and THEN patent, the protocols can be well known....(it's up to developers to enable the open solution(s), enabling closed solutions and calling foul is not completely above board).

However, open track is considerably better, with drastically reduced input latency for head movements and the full 90 degree pitch, as you say.

BoS went from having a somewhat annoying high latency feeling to the tracking input to one of the best implementations, the only variables being the switch to Opentrack and the update to the game.

Part of the issue with other software may be related to the 'EZCA' protocol 'hacks'.

Anyways, I do believe the developers when they say they didn't disable emulated tracking specifically. However, open protocols exist, the data is basically the same besides translation. I'm honestly shocked that 6DOF input devices aren't using far more standardized protocols. I'm concerned that certain implementations will specifically become an 'integrate this 'api'' with .dll/binary drops for game devs, merely to suppress competition.

Besides the tracking, very nice update. This is indeed a very worthy addition to the IL-2 Sturmovik name, there's a new level of all-round 'completeness' with this title. Thank you for focusing on details instead of faster content/asset production!

TR4 works better than ever and game is running very smooth with the last update. Thanks!

congrats ¡¡¡¡¡
others have bad luck with the new updates  :dry:
Edited by 15[Span]/Afdn

iVuGqse.jpg

:lol:

Really though, it sucks to be free of headphones and still have to wear something on your head for tracking.

Maybe this: 41DOZZIzYBL._SY300_.jpg  :lol:

Edited by e345spd
  • Upvote 1

TR4 works better than ever and game is running very smooth with the last update. Thanks!

congrats ¡¡¡¡¡
others have bad luck with the new updates  :dry:

Mine is working without any problems too. And what I read - after update game list working for majority of players too.

Edited by II./JG1_Baron

I would not be dissapointed in the Bos Team if they would clearly communicate from the beginning that they plan a close partnership with NP and it will be the only officially supported head tracking device. 

You can see this at the bottom of the BoS log in screen.

Edited by LastRights13

when can we expect to have more then 33 players in multy and is this limitation a result of bad servers or has it something to do with the engine?

its a bit off topic but i really want to know this.

Sorry for slight off topic, but can someone confirm (I have friends who use freetrack and would like to know) my understanding that Freetrack is basically obsolete software with problems in many games but Opentrack is a more current alternative that does everything freetrack does with similar hardware?

So, iv been wading through 8 pages of TrackIR *******, any chance of feedback on the rest of the changes. Cant check myself.

Thank you.

Sorry for slight off topic, but can someone confirm (I have friends who use freetrack and would like to know) my understanding that Freetrack is basically obsolete software with problems in many games but Opentrack is a more current alternative that does everything freetrack does with similar hardware?

Indeed it does everything that freetrack does (and does it better).

the only thing i think it doest do is using the WIImote as an input device (webcam) like freetrack, other than that, is better.

take a look here and get this version for use with BoS

One more thing related to head tracking: when you operate the new radio menu tracking is put on pause for some reason. This feels really awkward and needs to be turned OFF or perhaps rather optional (<- my not very sincere apologies for using the worst swearing word known to the devs). 

Since the last update my rotary buttons on the throttle stick dont function anymore, saitek Rhino x 55. has any of you got the same issue?

Mine still work for what I have them mapped too.

Thank for your reply but with italian keyboard the symbol ( tilde) not found, but I have to switch alt+1+2+6 it is no very easy in game....http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilde

Don't use the tilde, use whatever key you have in the upper left corner (between ESC and Tab). In Italian keyboards I think it's \

How I can use the Bos profile?? anyone helps me? I can see it on the titles of games...but how can I use it? in my profile appears ''custom''. Help appreciated.

Edited by pix_pix_pix

Thank for your reply but with italian keyboard the symbol ( tilde) not found, but I have to switch alt+1+2+6 it is no very easy in game....http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilde

Just bind it to other key you are pretty sure is on your italian keyboard ;)

Go to settings / controls / service and on very bottom is command menu = here you redefine as you wish

It's not a panic 89, it's just another disappointment...  :(

Freetrack is fully working again, see here

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/12807-freetrack-solution-2/

Freetrack is fully working again, see here

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/12807-freetrack-solution-2/

Little by little everything is getting right, and trackir also working fine now (4 and 5)....come on guys...do not panic...we all know how all this works...patches...fixing things up and down...devs fixing again with the feedback...I keep on trusting in devs...the game is getting better and better little by little...this people is working hard...everyweek updates...the airplanes work really nice...graphics are beauty...I see professionals behind it...I trust them so far....just have a bit patiente.

Edited by pix_pix_pix
  • Upvote 5

Updated and flew a sorite today.

All good this end, found the IL-2 Battle of Stalingred profile for TIR, (after update then reloaded), a little hard to see on a 4k, but all runs smooth as silk.

Was very surprised at what other titles where even listed there!

Windows also updated, (reboot needed on that one, did that before hand) latest Drivers for ATI also current from the AMD site.