Zak

Game version 1.004 discussion

Tired of losing your control inputs?

• Go to your Battle to Stalingrad location: C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\input
  • Then cut that folder and paste it to you desktop and save a copy in an external hard drive of thumb drive.
  • Update game
  • Paste that folder back into your: C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data

Thanks for the update boys! I'm especially pleased with No.4.

Edited by SPEKTRE76

Still can see your plane, and friendly/enemy planes on the map in expert mode. :sleep:

Not if you press "I" you wont.

FreeTrack doesnt work, please help (i am NOT buying TrackIR)

• Upvote 2

Odd, the only thing I had to change with the last update is to turn off cinematic camera effects.  My Trakir works fine and all my old settings were still there and still work.  I've checked and I'm showing version 1.04.

I very much like that we can set the altimeter setting relative to the airfield or the standard atmospheric pressure. :good:

• Upvote 1

Please devs, revert the changes on the head tracking stuff, it's broken for everybody but trackIR 5 users

plus i can't afford a track ir 5 it's way too expensive in south america, and freetrack works perfectly before 1.004.

please don't do us this. 

Edited by GOAPotenz
  • Upvote 2

I have trakir 4 and it's working fine.  I'm running trakir 5 software of course, but no reason to buy a whole new trakir 5!

I have flown 4 missions since the update ((grinding the Stuka) and one low level LaGG mission but have not seen any extraneous air activity or ground targets that we had before?????

I'm using my old TIR3 hardware with vector expansion (6DoF) with the TIR 5.2 software (have been for years, since version 5 came out and I upgraded from version 4 way back when) and it works just fine with both BoS and RoF.

It did stop working with the new BoS patch/update at first.  However, I just used the TIR menu commands to "check for game updates", which it did, and then closed TIR and restarted it.  Then started BoS, and it works just fine like it did before.

I am still having CTDs and Esc key bugs with the new BoS update, unfortunately, but as far as I can tell that's got nothing to do with TIR.  I also got a Cryllic message about being killed when I got a little too vertical and too low in one of my strafing runs, but I went in and chose German and then English again for the language choice and it seemed to fix it as I got English messages after that.

I didn't have too much trouble resetting my controls, and I like the fact that some of the commands/pairs are now identified by plane type.  However, there are some new command rows that are still worded cryptically so you can't figure out what they're supposed to be (see screenshot below):

BoS-1004controlsissue1.jpg

BTW - how many different bomb and rocket firing modes are there, and are they different by plane type?  If there were only 3 (e.g., 1,2 or all), it would probably be better to give us the option to just assign a separate command to each of those modes, instead of the mode toggle (I find the mode toggle approach particularly difficult to use when you don't have subtitles/HUD turned on - how do you know which mode you have toggled to?)

• Upvote 2

Jaeger and mastiff try my suggestion if you haven't already. I was having the same issue with my trackir 4.

that's because your more then likely running the v5 software whereas we are not v4.2.39

Please devs, revert the changes on the head tracking stuff, it's broken for everybody but trackIR 5 users

plus i can't afford a track ir 5 it's way too expensive in south america, and freetrack works perfectly before 1.004.

please don't do us this. 

+999999999

TrackIR is way too expensive in south america. i cannot play flight sims without headtracking imagine how i feel about COMBAT flight sims!!!!!!

i used freetrack. now i will just HAVE to stop playing the game until they fixe/find a solution for FREETRACK users :(

• Upvote 3

I'm using my old TIR3 hardware with vector expansion (6DoF) with the TIR 5.2 software (have been for years, since version 5 came out and I upgraded from version 4 way back when) and it works just fine with both BoS and RoF.

It did stop working with the new BoS patch/update at first.  However, I just used the TIR menu commands to "check for game updates", which it did, and then closed TIR and restarted it.  Then started BoS, and it works just fine like it did before.

I am still having CTDs and Esc key bugs with the new BoS update, unfortunately, but as far as I can tell that's got nothing to do with TIR.  I also got a Cryllic message about being killed when I got a little too vertical and too low in one of my strafing runs, but I went in and chose German and then English again for the language choice and it seemed to fix it as I got English messages after that.

I didn't have too much trouble resetting my controls, and I like the fact that some of the commands/pairs are now identified by plane type.  However, there are some new command rows that are still worded cryptically so you can't figure out what they're supposed to be (see screenshot below):

BoS-1004controlsissue1.jpg

BTW - how many different bomb and rocket firing modes are there, and are they different by plane type?  If there were only 3 (e.g., 1,2 or all), it would probably be better to give us the option to just assign a separate command to each of those modes, instead of the mode toggle (I find the mode toggle approach particularly difficult to use when you don't have subtitles/HUD turned on - how do you know which mode you have toggled to?)

been reported in tech section of the game.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/12257-controls-gui-texts/?p=198621

TiR4 hardware. updates check for

both game profiles

and also software itself...

uninstalling the TrackIR4 software to switch for TiR5...

new interface go... (brrr, ugly. whatever...)

default profile... exclusively,

updating games list... restart software.
set preferences for brightness... inverted axis etc...

check if the interface camera reacts as needed

gogogo...?
Okay!

solved for trackIR4 users - use TiR5 software :)

[15 minutes, no reboot]

Edited by Hawker_Typhoon

I have flown 4 missions since the update ((grinding the Stuka) and one low level LaGG mission but have not seen any extraneous air activity or ground targets that we had before?????

Belay the above, they were back the very next mission.

I like the new QFE altimeter settings. Has been bugging me for long flying with standard atmoshphere setting only :)

When switching ingame it says " adjust altimeter according to nearest airfield " . Will the setting differ for the airfield we're landing to the one we started during an overflight for example?

Haven't time to test it till Friday.

Did a quick test and Opentrack works just fine.

Couple of bugs, had some russian text in mission with english version. And interface sounds played on backround in campaign mission.

"Not if you press "I" you wont."

Press simultaneous M (or O) and I = turn on map, turn off plane icon. 

I can't find BOS in the list of games in the TrackIR profiles and the profile I created for ROF no longer loads when I start BOS (it worked before.)  What name does BOS use when searching for a profile?

I've got the latest TrackIR 5 software and the game list is up to date.

I can't find BOS in the list of games in the TrackIR profiles and the profile I created for ROF no longer loads when I start BOS (it worked before.)  What name does BOS use when searching for a profile?

I've got the latest TrackIR 5 software and the game list is up to date.

I am using TiR 4 with TiR 5 software update installed on top (as of this morning) - I use my RoF profile for BoS as well, an it is loading normally - have you ticked the "exclusive" box next to the profile choice after you manually select your preferred profile? This should force the profile to be loaded.

Just wasted an hour or so with getting this to work again: I would not mind if this change of TiR was needed to implement some useful new feature, anyone know what the benefits are?

Please update your TrackIR software and profiles.

Be sure that you have TrackIR stock profile in the list of your TrackIR tool.

Freetrack doesn't work!

This is huge problem. There is lot's of player who using freetrack. So you guys have to fix this ASAP.

• Upvote 6

Hi,

Been making some track recordings and there seems to be a new bug with this patch

About half my recorded track cannot be viewed... it says a track loading error has occurred.

It doesn't seem to have a pattern to it, it just doesn't seem to like half my tracks now. 

New or old, renamed or time stamped it happens randomly across all track groups.

Also, after having viewed a few tracks, the game will not let you exit spectator mode

back to the track menu, its like the 'esc' bug, but specifically in the track section.

2 Confirmed cases of no Track IR 4 (non-steam versions)- Unable to turn that menu light crackling noise off - Very disappointed 

Try making a custom profile if you haven't already got one and tick the "exclusive" box and save... I have a TIR 4 with v5 TIR software.

I have also set up different 'centering' and 'pause' keys from the default F9 - F12... Not sure if that could be contributing to the problem.

I loaded the update and literally did nothing to my TIR and it worked right out the bat, I didn't need to update anything.

I am sorry you guys are having such troubles, I know it must be properly frustrating... try mirroring my setup... Maybe it'll help.

TrackIR works fine.

last time I used facetrackNoIR before buying trackIR you had to install the natural point software and use the trackIR dll. If you use software that is NOT freeware, pay for it or shut up.

I woke up this morning with an important task. "You should work on your patience" my wife says. Perfect I answered I have a BoS upgrade to do.

I will start with re-mapping my **** again and depending of the result, downgrading to track ir 4 sounds like a plan.

o7  

Edited by Bearcat 11/11/2014

I woke up this morning with an important task. "You should work on your patience" my wife says. Perfect I answered I have a BoS upgrade to do.

I will start with re-mapping my shit again and depending of the result, downgrading to track ir 4 sounds like a plan.

o7

You dont have to remap everything, just a few new ones.

I can't wait to go home (in about 10 hours) and try it. Hope my TrakIR will work. So what about the radio commands? Any feedback on that?

''Ah devs, i really love the ability you've got for breaking the game even more at every updates..''

-Standard steam community thread

Anyway, cool update, a bit concerned by the track-IR issue, as i was just about to have one, but hey, the game is still WIP, and it's good to see that the developpers are trying the improve it the best way they can!
S!

FreeTrack doesn't work.

As a workaround i can use the mouse emulation (output tab), but this has no 6DOF support.

• Upvote 1

Thank you for the update.

I like the patchnote the stupid watermark is gone. Lets see how well it runs this afternoon when i get home.

You dont have to remap everything, just a few new ones.

Hi Pierre, what does that mean then?

But before you read it, please pay attention to the following: Update 1.004 resets all settings and control bindings. We recommend you not to use the config files from older versions. Keeping those may cause unpleasant consequences which we'd like you to avoid.

I can't turn off the sounds of welder in the menu (sounds on the menu I turned off in the voice settings).

This buzzing is annoying... :wacko:

Edited by SilentOtto

Hi Pierre, what does that mean then?

But before you read it, please pay attention to the following: [/size]Update 1.004 resets all settings and control bindings. We recommend you not to use the config files from older versions. Keeping those may cause unpleasant consequences which we'd like you to avoid.[/size]

Well mate, mine (and others have reported elsewhere) were unchanged except for a half a dozen or so new ones. What Zac is saying is dont use a copy that you may have of the Inputs folder as with the new additions its likely to not wotk too well.

So you did what the posted just before you from Extreme one says not to do and it works, correct?

Just wanted to report 4way SLI 3GB VRam GTX580s @ 1000mhz core  and 2200Mhz mem get a constant 60FPS when using the new Nvidia DSR 4K resolution on a 1920x1080 monitor.  The game looks gorgeous and all 4 of the cards are being hammered with 70-85% utilisation.  Good job Devs! :) (using ~2.6GB Vram) (with Ultra settings)

Edited by Phat

AMD/ATI 6900 series massive performance boost with this version. Not sure if it is something I did or the game engine, but microstutters much reduced and FPS higher.

So you did what the posted just before you from Extreme one says not to do and it works, correct?

I did nothing more that assign the new controls. My input folder after the update was the same as before except for the new additions.

Do the update and check your controls and you will find they are the same EXCEPT FOR THE NEW ADDITIONS.

Gents, we know that Freetrack may not work properly now, we'll give more info on that matter later today. TrackIR software is now officially compatible with BOS and they should have our profile added to the stock list.

• Upvote 5