Zak

Game version 1.004 discussion

FreeTrack doesn't work.

As a workaround i can use the mouse emulation (output tab), but this has no 6DOF support.

Forgot about the mouse emulation, it looks like universal (if limited) workaround that can't be broken. You win the thread with this one.

I can't find BOS in the list of games in the TrackIR profiles and the profile I created for ROF no longer loads when I start BOS (it worked before.)  What name does BOS use when searching for a profile?

I've got the latest TrackIR 5 software and the game list is up to date.

Try marking your profile as "exclusive" in TiR, it seems to work for me. I don't see BoS in game list, either, but TrackIR works after updating game list.

I am using TiR 4 with TiR 5 software update installed on top (as of this morning) - I use my RoF profile for BoS as well, an it is loading normally - have you ticked the "exclusive" box next to the profile choice after you manually select your preferred profile? This should force the profile to be loaded.

Just wasted an hour or so with getting this to work again: I would not mind if this change of TiR was needed to implement some useful new feature, anyone know what the benefits are?

I was going to forums to write my CTD and  hang ups of BoS seem to be TrackIR related (either caused by sudden head movements or leaving TiR client in strange states after crash) when saw new patch release notes. Maybe it's related to in-mission crash fixes, maybe not.

I woke up this morning with an important task. "You should work on your patience" my wife says. Perfect I answered I have a BoS upgrade to do.

I will start with re-mapping my shit again and depending of the result, downgrading to track ir 4 sounds like a plan.

o7  

You don't have to. Backuping the input directory from your old version and copying it back seems to work. Just backup your new default files to be sure you can restore them and see if your controls really have been reset. But no nasty effects on my side so far.

Zak specifically warned against doing that for this update.

Yet it works so far  :salute: . Just backup your new default inputs to use if you run into "nasty effects".

Anyway, cool update, a bit concerned by the track-IR issue, as i was just about to have one, but hey, the game is still WIP, and it's good to see that the developpers are trying the improve it the best way they can!
S!

The game is released now. I'd agree if it was still marked as Early Access. 

Edited by Trupobaw

I had a change of language from English to Russian at the moment the engine of my plane did stop working after I did shoot down a He 111h in a night mission! After that it did go back to English but this phrase was in Russian and the only thing I could understand was Esc. :o:  

I'm using my old TIR3 hardware with vector expansion (6DoF) with the TIR 5.2 software (have been for years, since version 5 came out and I upgraded from version 4 way back when) and it works just fine with both BoS and RoF.

It did stop working with the new BoS patch/update at first.  However, I just used the TIR menu commands to "check for game updates", which it did, and then closed TIR and restarted it.  Then started BoS, and it works just fine like it did before.

I am still having CTDs and Esc key bugs with the new BoS update, unfortunately, but as far as I can tell that's got nothing to do with TIR.  I also got a Cryllic message about being killed when I got a little too vertical and too low in one of my strafing runs, but I went in and chose German and then English again for the language choice and it seemed to fix it as I got English messages after that.

I didn't have too much trouble resetting my controls, and I like the fact that some of the commands/pairs are now identified by plane type.  However, there are some new command rows that are still worded cryptically so you can't figure out what they're supposed to be (see screenshot below):

BoS-1004controlsissue1.jpg

BTW - how many different bomb and rocket firing modes are there, and are they different by plane type?  If there were only 3 (e.g., 1,2 or all), it would probably be better to give us the option to just assign a separate command to each of those modes, instead of the mode toggle (I find the mode toggle approach particularly difficult to use when you don't have subtitles/HUD turned on - how do you know which mode you have toggled to?)

+1 here!!!

Do we still have only 32 players max in MP?

If so is there any rough timeline when this will increase?

Its just too few!

• Upvote 4

Gents, we know that Freetrack may not work properly now, we'll give more info on that matter later today. TrackIR software is now officially compatible with BOS and they should have our profile added to the stock list.

Like in Elite dangerous and some other modern games, Freetrack probably won't work anymore (last update date from 2008 I think), Opentrack work fine since v 2.2a2. I strongly suggest that people with Freetrack consider migrating. There are some post on the forum with some basics opentrack configuration for a fast and smooth headtracking.

Edited by M4rgaux

Gents, we know that Freetrack may not work properly now, we'll give more info on that matter later today. TrackIR software is now officially compatible with BOS and they should have our profile added to the stock list.

Is it so hard to wrote something similar on russian forum?

What is the point of this "officially compatible" trackir as it was working perfectly before? Was trackir support "unofficial/illegal" before? :lol:  At the moment the "official support" means that trackir does not work on 4.xx versions and and other tracking methods are broken. 

Edited by 89-

What is the point of this "officially compatible" trackir as it was working perfectly before? Was trackir support "unofficial/illegal" before? :lol:  At the moment the "official support" means that trackir does not work on 4.xx versions and and other tracking methods are broken. 

if by 4.XX you mean TrackIR4, try the software for TrackIR5 instead. works like a charm.

BoS and TrackIR dudes just probably made a deal of some sort so that BoS is officially listed and endorsed and sponsored and featured and all that fine language. Putting an official seal on something that didnt have that detail yet.

at the same time...

Freetrack was relying on some TrackIR files to run, and it wouldn't surprise me if the TrackIR guys put a Veto on that, to force freetrack to come up with their own solutions (eh! you using my files for your free stuff! WTF!!), or to expand their market share or some salesman gibberish like that.

one stone, two birds.

win win, trackIR blocks freetrack, and the BOS guys get their seal of aproval and collaboration for suture support and stuff.

Edited by Hawker_Typhoon
  • Upvote 1

please don't break the freetrack support

if by 4.XX you mean TrackIR4, try the software for TrackIR5 instead. works like a charm.

BoS and TrackIR dudes just probably made a deal of some sort so that BoS is officially listed and endorsed and sponsored and featured and all that fine language. Putting an official seal on something that didnt have that detail yet.

at the same time...

Freetrack was relying on some TrackIR files to run, and it wouldn't surprise me if the TrackIR guys put a Veto on that, to force freetrack to come up with their own solutions (eh! you using my files for your free stuff! WTF!!), or to expand their market share or some salesman gibberish like that.

one stone, two birds.

win win, trackIR blocks freetrack, and the BOS guys get their seal of aproval and collaboration for suture support and stuff.

I also have the feeling that the above written has something to do with it.

Especially if you know the name of the former TrackIR Marketing Director/Product Manager. :rolleyes:

https://forums.naturalpoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36

A short line from TrackIR to BOS.

But maybe that is just my suspicious mind. And one of these days Freetrack is up and running on BOS again.

I remember mentioning Freetrack at Ubisoft in the old IL2:1946 days and you got a warning or comment got deleted. Because of endorsement, sponsoring, copyright infringement etc.

Edited by Uufflakke

ah! interesting!
sounds like someone made a single phone call and the gears started moving.

Still can see your plane, and friendly/enemy planes on the map in expert mode.

In Expert mode, personnally I can't even have any nude map, what I deplore. I may have not set the right keys... But at least I don't see any plane like a super modern radar. :)

Meu TrackIR-5 também não esta funcionando, pode deixar como era antes? Funcionava perfeitamente. O jogo continua fechando quando finaliza ou em missão.

My TrackIR-5 also is not working, you can leave as it was before? It worked perfectly. The game keeps closing when you finish or mission.

Try and assign it to another key, or like me your tilde key is maybe the one to the left of the number 1 and not the ~ key.

Mick. :)

Updated TIR on remote so it's ready for me when I get home.. ;)

However, I can't see BoS in the title list???

tir.jpg

Same here... I've manually run the check for updates and my game list is 'up to date'...

There is no separate slot for BoS...

have to say that my tracker 5 was running perfectly well even before this latest update... what is happening here?

Free track solution=

1.open free track

2.output 

-free track interface square leave empty

-Track ir interface square leave empty

-mouse check

3.save/close

4.start il2bos

5 open settings

6.head controls=

-bow pilot heat vertically set mouse y

-turn pilot head horizontally set mouse x

save

work for me

enjoy

Edited by szuszu

Update trackir in the trackir software and it is working in BOS. :(

Is it possible to have a total unlock after completion of the campaign please! :salute:

Is it possible to control the sound of the menus?! It drive me cazy I know it is a man walking in the snow with the battle in the background but it is playing havoc with my nerves. :wacko:

campaign_finished_11_11_2014.jpg

The ~ key does not work .

this is normal, or it is necessary to return to the command manually.

Look  maybe into your settings it works perfectly in my game! :mellow: It is the first key before the number one (1). :) Azerty keyboard. :unsure:

Edited by senseispcc

Update trackir in the trackir software and it is working in BOS. :(

Is it possible to have a total unlock after completion of the campaign please! :salute:

Is it possible to control the sound of the menus?! It drive me cazy I know it is a man walking in the snow with the battle in the background but it is playing havoc with my nerves. :wacko:

campaign_finished_11_11_2014.jpg

Look  maybe into your settings it works perfectly in my game! :mellow: It is the first key before the number one (1). :) Azerty keyboard. :unsure:

Thank you ;)  .

Free track solution=

1.open free track

2.output 

-free track interface square leave empty

-Track ir interface square leave empty

-mouse check

3.save/close

4.start il2bos

5 open settings

6.head controls=

-bow pilot heat vertically set mouse y

-turn pilot head horizontally set mouse x

save

work for me

enjoy

maybe as a last and desperate option, because the i wouldnt be able to lean in/out or stick my head out of the cockpit :C

try software for track IR 5. am in the same situation as you. works.

Edited by Hawker_Typhoon

here have one of these.

Sorry, man... deleted my post when I realized it was that steam had taken over my system.

I use opentrack.... I changed from Freetrack just before I got BoS and the differenc eis amazing.....  anyway, I just updated BoS, logged in and OpenTRack works like a charm just like it did before.

I use opentrack.... I changed from Freetrack just before I got BoS and the differenc eis amazing..... anyway, I just updated BoS, logged in and OpenTRack works like a charm just like it did before.

Does it have 6DOF??-he asked with hope on his eyes

AMD/ATI 6900 series massive performance boost with this version. Not sure if it is something I did or the game engine, but microstutters much reduced and FPS higher.

Really? That is great! Have to try it in MP tonight then. I thought the 6900 was doing pretty well already (if you look away from the tears/stutters). I've had pretty decent framerates on my crossfire 6950s since the start, though.

As of last night (10pm Pacific) I did not see an entry in TrackIR for the game. Can you confirm that it's there and the name under which it can be found?

Considering that Freetrack is infringing on NaturalPoint's intellectual property, I don't really shed any tears over Freetrack no longer working in the game.

Will the limit of 32 players in all servers change with this update?

Do we still have only 32 players max in MP?

If so is there any rough timeline when this will increase?

Its just too few!

Same here?  Many of us MP's are wondering when the "stress test" limit of 33 will be lifted. It's been a few weeks now and it's very hard to get into a server with a squad.

Well mate, mine (and others have reported elsewhere) were unchanged except for a half a dozen or so new ones. What Zac is saying is dont use a copy that you may have of the Inputs folder as with the new additions its likely to not wotk too well.

Yes!  I'm giddy.  It kept my original mappings, just by firing up the game. 

Excellent!

Edited by avlSteve

Considering that Freetrack is infringing on NaturalPoint's intellectual property, I don't really shed any tears over Freetrack no longer working in the game.

With so few flight simmers left actually playing the game, you should care.While I have Tracker IR5 I have no problem with someone using any other form of tracking.

I also have the feeling that the above written has something to do with it.

Especially if you know the name of the former TrackIR Marketing Director/Product Manager. :rolleyes:

https://forums.naturalpoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36

A short line from TrackIR to BOS.

But maybe that is just my suspicious mind. And one of these days Freetrack is up and running on BOS again.

I remember mentioning Freetrack at Ubisoft in the old IL2:1946 days and you got a warning or comment got deleted. Because of endorsement, sponsoring, copyright infringement etc.

In this case we have done nothing intentional. No attempt by us to block free track. There is no conspiracy on our part. All we have done is support trackir with their sdk.

Jason

• Upvote 2

mate if you want to see this sim grows and success, cutting out the tracking methods it something that should concerns you pretty much,

as now many many players are out of the game for who knows how many time.

The ~ key does not work .

this is normal, or it is necessary to return to the command manually.

On a french keyboard it is the 3/2 exponent key (left of the & key)