Zak

Game version 1.004 discussion

Were the welder sounds & other such stuff in the hangar just added or am I just hearing them for the first time for some reason?

OK I have a work around for Freetrack users

1) download, unzip and run opentrack @ https://github.com/opentrack/opentrack

2) Press start in open track

3) open and run bos then minimize

4) Press stop in open track 

5) open free track and run as per normal

6) go back to bos and it should work

Same fix as in Elite Dangerous, open track tricks it into working  

How do you run it? I don't see a single executable

BALLS igore that post thats the wrong download 

i just happened have it downloaded already 

REALLY SORRY 

I guess if u search for open track u will find the correct one,

Or search ED freetrack u will get the correct one

I will go on a mission to find it 

Edited by AeroAce

Head tracking issue solved :

As previously said by sturmkraehe and Han, just update your head tracking software. Manually if necessary.

well I use Track IR 4v pro 4.2.39 final I do not like v5, please fix...

nothing is working and for some reason the keys for adjusting FOV are stuck on.

As previously said by sturmkraehe and Han, just update your head tracking software. Manually if necessary.

did not work for v4.2.39 sorry..

That's fine if you CAN!

I've been unable to update my Track-IR software all year. The installer just stops halfway through and I've tried everything short of a full o/s reinstall.

Mastiff, Are there any "new" settings or switches re: TrackIR in the game interface or settings screen?

OK I have a work around for Freetrack users

1) download, unzip and run opentrack @ https://github.com/opentrack/opentrack

2) Press start in open track

3) open and run bos then minimize

4) Press stop in open track 

5) open free track and run as per normal

6) go back to bos and it should work

Same fix as in Elite Dangerous, open track tricks it into working  

Doesn't work with Facetracknoir

cant seem to find the original opentrack file but if possible I can attached it on this fourm I will but dont know how? HELP me help u?

Edited by AeroAce

Can confirm AeroAce's method works for Freetrack.

Download:
https://github.com/opentrack/opentrack/releases/download/opentrack-2.3-20141105/opentrack-windows-unstable-20141105-ba60f82.zip

Run it.
I set Tracker to: "PointTracker"
Protocol to : "Freetrack"

Hit start. Did not change any other settings.
Opened IL2 Launcher.
Loaded game, entered to main menu (went through login).
alt-tabbed, hit stop on OpenTrack.
Loaded Freetrack and hit start.

Oddly, even with the profile my Pitch was then inverted but everything else, curves and sensitivities seem fine.

Very annoying workaround

Lensman,

I had the same problem with TIR when I was forced to update the software for it to work in DCS.

I tetsted it against a friends unit and it turned out to be my camera unit, even thoughit it worked fine with the older 32 bit software.

Hmm..., my TrackIR is working, Steam version of BoS. I have my profile set to "exclusive" in the TrackIR software though, so it's always loaded. Maybe it's just a case of the automatic loading of the profile not working?

Me too, my TrackIR is still working. Non-Steam BOS. My profile is custom and exclusive.

Were the welder sounds & other such stuff in the hangar just added or am I just hearing them for the first time for some reason?

Them sounds are new,  i thought my speakers were screwing up at first lol.

By the way, a big thank you devs for regularly updating this title and showing us your continuous work. Keep bringing it better and better,  :salute:

• Upvote 1

Can confirm AeroAce's method works for Freetrack.

Download:

https://github.com/opentrack/opentrack/releases/download/opentrack-2.3-20141105/opentrack-windows-unstable-20141105-ba60f82.zip

Run it.

I set Tracker to: "PointTracker"

Protocol to : "Freetrack"

Hit start. Did not change any other settings.

Opened IL2 Launcher.

Loaded game, entered to main menu (went through login).

alt-tabbed, hit stop on OpenTrack.

Loaded Freetrack and hit start.

Oddly, even with the profile my Pitch was then inverted but everything else, curves and sensitivities seem fine.

Very annoying workaround

GOOD to see im not crazy, I also get pitch inversion (same in ED too). Lets be honest thou freetrack was always a work around

Freetrack crashes on my system when i run it, hence i use Facetracknoir for the same purposes. What am I supposed to do now?

By the way, a big thank you devs for regularly updating this title and showing us your continuous work. Keep bringing it better and better,  :salute:

Thank you also to devs. Nice seeing their effort and updates. The more I play this game the more I like it.

Freetrack crashes on my system when i run it, hence i use Facetracknoir for the same purposes. What am I supposed to do now?

their are little ways of making freetrack not crash, for example hit stream then apply and wait 5 seconds and it will work, if u just hit start it will crash every time 

• Upvote 1

Yeah they are new. I was just thinking this week that the silence was awkward but i got used to it. Not it always surprises me when i hear the sounds. I think they are a nice touch.

I found that the messages in yellow that show on the top when you complete a mission show up in russian even when your language is en English.

I haven't had any crashes yet, so that's awesome news!

Thank you devs for this push!

their are little ways of making freetrack not crash, for example hit stream then apply and wait 5 seconds and it will work, if u just hit start it will crash every time 

I tried all of that. It crashes every time no matter what I do.

I had the same problem with TrackIR4 #52320, software v. 2.2.200 (buld 14548) as some people above. I downloaded only newest update game profiles end TrackIR 4.0 working fine. I use profile "Requiem June 2014" marked as exclusive.

But... I can not turn off the welder in the main and mission menu :biggrin: 

Bzzzz... bzz... bzzzzz... bzz... :lol:

Keep it up devs :clapping:

Edited by SilentOtto

I had the same problem with TrackIR4 #52320, software v. 2.2.200 (buld 14548) as some people above. I downloaded only newest update game profiles end TrackIR 4.0 working fine. I use profile "Requiem June 2014" marked as exclusive.

But... I can not turn off the welder in the main and mission menu :biggrin: 

Bzzzz... bzz... bzzzzz... bzz... :lol:

Keep it up devs :clapping:

not using v5 software sorry I don't like it. 4.2.39 worked just fine v1.003, until update v1.004

Just lucky I did not even bother to reset controls previously LOL

While still no break on grund opening options for MP so why bother anyway ;0)

Edited by West
  • Upvote 1

my TrackIR not work

I do not understand because you complicate things

Thank you¡¡¡

could explain how to do it

Edited by 15[Span]/Afdn

Two issues:

1. The update didn't reset my controls and settings. Can I do it manually?

2. I put inlet cowl shutters on axis. I am not able to reverse this axis, it works in one direction in spite of settings.

TIR 3 with 6DOF Vector upgrade not working for me. All software is updated to the latest applicable version. Everything was fine until I got booted for the update. Let me know if anyone figures out a fix.

Thanks for the update, unfortunately for me it has made it impossible to play. I have to say that this sim is getting closer and closer to being shelved for me every day. QMB "sandbox/ground hog day" campaign, no mission builder, porked friendly AI and elementary grammatical typos at every turn are starting to make me think that there is a whole lot of potential and not many solutions for obvious issues being implemented......

Another small misfortune with the patch. I just got a message in cyrilic on a english set game version.

Campaign gameplay. Not multiplayer.

Had issue with trackir, searched for game updates in trackir and reboot after patch got trackir working again for me.

I am also getting Cryilic message for "mission complete" or "fail" etc.  Other messages are in English as in FeliusCzar's post.

my TrackIR not work
I do not understand because you complicate things
Thank you¡¡¡
could explain how to do it

Make sure you are running trackir 5 software - even if you have the trackir 4, like I do.  Click the circle on the top left corner for a menu in your Trackir interface - the same place you'd see File in a standard window's application.  Scroll to update software and click.  Do the same for update games list.  If you are like me, you won't see a difference - you will get a report that everything is up to date.  I recommend a reboot after this, as this worked for me.  Good luck!

Mastiff, Are there any "new" settings or switches re: TrackIR in the game interface or settings screen?

no, I also went in and defaulted controls, thought maybe. but no not effective.

still no track ir v4 pro.

also some new inputs guys so you might want to check those as well.

Invert axis in inlet shutters on LA5 not working. Oil temp in la 5 extremely high (around 100) even @ cruise setting with oil shutter fully open. Opening air inlet shutter have effect on oil temp? Seems that way but please confirm. Also, seems that tR5 not picking up profile automatically with ROF title

Edited by 71st_AH_Cujo

still no track ir v4 pro.

The same here. Not looking forward to dropping another $120 on TIR5 to make this work....

2 Confirmed cases of no Track IR 4 (non-steam versions)- Unable to turn that menu light crackling noise off - Very disappointed 

The  better part is, who would shell out for RipOff-IR when you quite literally can make a perfectly functioning one yourself for around $1.50 worth of LEDs from ebay.

And then on top of that it's inferior and outdated technology at rip-off prices with occulus around the corner

:rofl:

Many of us (including myself) don't want to waste the time trying to build a head-tracking device that may or may not be better than TrackIR, and (speaking for myself) the price NaturalPoint charges is fine by me.

• Upvote 1

~TiR 5 working with my custom profile.
+Old input files seem to work fine, had to bind new controls manually but old ones keep working. 

+Loading times noticably faster in both versions. 

+Forgot to uncheck motion blur cinematic camera and blur seems to be less annoying, left it on. Maybe it's me.

-Welder sound is going to give me headaches as soon as it stops being novelty.
-Messages at end of mission in Russian.

All in all a good update... if your headtracking works :(. Sorry for all people whose game just became unplayable, hope it'll be fixed.

:rofl:

Many of us (including myself) don't want to waste the time trying to build a head-tracking device that may or may not be better than TrackIR, and (speaking for myself) the price NaturalPoint charges is fine by me.

Many of us like to build things that work by hand, be it headtracking or custom flight sticks or simpits... 

Edited by Trupobaw