BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 78

Its a big, big disappointment for me. (the new campaign), but i understain that they dont have enough resorce to do better single player campaign. But i know that even if they hade more resorces in the future, they wouldnt make it :(

If we had more resouces than we'd make, for instance, the coop gameplay for release and not someday later.

But note that we made this type of singleplayer because we wanted it this way and we believe it should be this way to have future.

• Upvote 1

If we had more resouces than we'd make, for instance, the coop gameplay for release and not someday later.

But note that we made this type of singleplayer because we wanted it this way and we believe it should be this way to have future.

Your constituents (investors) speak otherwise.

The system you have decided to implement is the biggest letdown this title has served us so far.

I was really hoping you wouldn't become War Thunder with CEM... But that is your vision of the future after all...

Edited by FalkeEins
  • Upvote 1

I honestly couldn't care less about single player.  I didn't find shooting down AI rewarding.  There is no brain on the other end.  What I would really like to see is the addition of a logbook that tracks multiplayer performance, assigns medals, ranks, etc.

Seems like it would be rather easy to do, and nobody has done it well since the early 90s.  I don't get it.

• Upvote 3

Comparing this with WT is ridiculous. Lets keep the discussion clinical and objective.

Edited by Blooddawn1942
  • Upvote 2

It´s safe to say, that it´s an objective observation, that BoS has not much common ground with WT. ;)

Edited by Blooddawn1942

I honestly couldn't care less about single player.  I didn't find shooting down AI rewarding.  There is no brain on the other end.  What I would really like to see is the addition of a logbook that tracks multiplayer performance, assigns medals, ranks, etc.

I fully agree. For me, multiplayer is all that counts, and I must admit that I was happy with the points system of IL-2 FB; simple and effective

Shooting down the enemy for me is what it's all about, adding one to your tally is enough :hunter:

• Upvote 1

It´s safe to say, that it´s an objective observation, that BoS has not much common ground with WT. ;)

XP points are in WT, yes? BoS has XP points now too, yes?

Just saying, I would love to NOT see comparisions, but it is hard when you see an IL2 game you are hoping will get back to the flight sim roots, go the arcade route. To each his own, but I am disappointed.

Again, lets hope modders can do something later on.

I disagree, but I can see that this is going to become absolutely pointless.

Just stop.

Don´t tell me when I have to stop my friend.

But that this is utterly pointless, for this I agree.

Your constituents (investors) speak otherwise.

I'm not sure if it's what you meant but if by investors you mean us, the pilots who bought the game you got it all wrong.

We are customers, we do not own any equity in 777/1C.

As such, we can give them feedback as customers but the decision making is not up to us.

I'm not sure if it's what you meant but if by investors you mean us, the pilots who bought the game you got it all wrong.

We are customers, we do not own any equity in 777/1C.

As such, we can give them feedback as customers but the decision making is not up to us.

I invested in this product (as it was an Early Access title, we all assisted in funding the furthered development, without our investment in its future, 777 wouldn't have even touched this title) and I expect the return to be a fleshed out IL-2 game. So I'm not entirely sure what resolution you expect with an argument based around semantics...

Not War Thunder with CEM and a different title.

Edited by FalkeEins

@FalkeEins & Blooddawn

Better stop your private "discussion" there....

I invested in this product and I expect the return to be a fleshed out IL-2 game.

Not War Thunder with CEM and a rebranded title.

Lol its late on Friday, think you might be on the wrong forum... ;)

Cheers Dakpilot

Someone needs a cold shower.

Back on topic, is there any way to watch the livestram now?

I'm assuming it happened at noon GMT not midnight GMT (that would be 00:45 right?).

I'd love to see more about the SP part of the game.

Edited by CBZ323

To the people worried about XP making this sim too gamey... Would it be better if a little sim man came out and pinned a little sim medal on your chest to show campaign progression? Sometimes gamey mechanics are preferable to bogging down a sim with bloat realism. Even DCS (which is a dry and humorless sim in general) incorporates game elements to simplify simulation where absolute realism would bog it down - and that coming from a sim that has a 500+ page manual per aircraft. ;)

It´s not 1993 anymore and BoS is not from Microprose. Time has passed.  I have no problem with the announced campaign system.

It´s a new and interesting approach.

I am shocked by some of these comments, i for one is actually looking forward to this system, gives a nice sence of progression, i have no clue why people is so unsatisfied with these news, its not like they ever indicated that they would give you anything different? If you cant handle a game not progressing just the way you want it, you might wanna stop buying into unfinished games. #sigh  :mellow:

• Upvote 3

i think a lot of the negative feedback here is unwarranted ... it by all accounts IS a GAME. you want total realism go get a pilot licence and fly for your military...ridiculous 

FTT~

• Upvote 4

it's mostly one person which is moaning all the time(!),maybe 2 or 3 other people not 100% satisfied. it kinda draws a wrong picture of the majority's opinion. I think the 500 other active people (including me) are pretty satisfied, about how the game evolves.  :biggrin:  :salute:

• Upvote 6

@Celestiale

definitely not. More than 2 or 3 People I assume. From my Side I am only watching and wondering. I am very disappointed about this game.

There are so many things which are not working for 75 % (Beta) Developement Progress.

Sorry but let us hope the best for the Il2 BOS (Sim). I am really happy that TF try to bugfix IL2 COD. Really amazing

wont to flame anyone. This should only be a meaning

my 2 cents

Edited by RoteDreizehn
  • Upvote 1

I just can´t get it why some people always get their satisfaction by complaining and arguing stuff they won´t change, that are not their business because the basics are settled in decisions made long time ago. Everybody knew about the campaign feature long time ago.  The game is solid in all its categorys refering to what it promised and what we got so far. In most cases its overwhelming if you compare it to other games. How something work is sometimes a design decision. This kind of extremism leads no where, not constructive, not fair, and only for digital attention. Maybe some people should relax an wait for the finish product before start to torch everything because og  a little misfit. 

To those who start claims like: give me my money back ... shut up , grow up, take business lessons. You own nothing than a promise.  Its not kickstarter, its ealry access. And no body can tell me he had not hours of fun until yet in multiplayer and maybe QM. Incredible how impatient some people are. I could snap when i see this "steam" manners inhere. 

I like the game, many people do so ... i hope the developer notice that!  

Some modifications to MP to get syndicate/ eagles nest mission designs as a standard in MP and everybody will be glad. And try to integrate some user made campaigns at release for the " Iam unhappy no matter what happen" faction and youre fine.

maybe a contest ? :D Best user made campaign ?    Croudsourcing at its finest!

• Upvote 1

please no discussion about each other's behavior. This is off topic.

The topic is the developpers diary (#78)

I have to say that I was really hoping for a career mode in line with the old Il-2 series. Unlocks and the like are a massive turn off for me and I'm disappointed. But then, it's a question of looking at the source of the disappointment. 777/1C are seeking to produce a marketable product and, however much I wish they did, my views may not reflect those of the market. Just because I want something it doesn't mean that everyone else does and I shouldn't presume to think I'm representative of everyone.

I'll have to make the best of it. If flight sims were the only area of life in which the world was disappointing, I'd be very happy!

• Upvote 1

I must say that with each update is game better and better. Campaign mode looks great! I love this game!

Thank you very much guys  :salute:

Can't believe we have people complaining in here. I stopped reading after a while. I am thankful to 777/1C that we even have a WW2 SIM. This game is only just begun. It's the tip of the iceberg. Can't wait to try out the new update!

:salute:

Hi Chris455,

I finally realised where I have been going wrong - my Realism Setting is on "Normal". If I select "Expert", or select "Custom" and untick the "Engine Auto Control" box, I am able to toggle the auto/manual switch and directly control prop-pitch. Your assistance pointed me in the right direction, however. Thanks again,

"Rigby"

Awesome Rig, glad you got it sorted. 

Its a big, big disappointment for me. (the new campaign), but i understain that they dont have enough resorce to do better single player campaign. But i know that even if they hade more resorces in the future, they wouldnt make it :(

We should be happy we are even playing this game at all. They didn't have to spend their weekends at the office trying to make this game great.