BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 78

Yes us Novice pilots can be deadly at times  :P 

As an aside, I have the AI set to random, and a few times I have seen them dive into the ground, not sure if it's a glitch or them "making a mistake"

PE-2's were always lawn-darting for me a patch or two back.

Haven't flown against them recently.

Then the outer ammo counters are wrong.

Using the SZ500 ammo counters with only 250 rounds, they should start from 50% and go to 0.

FinnJ

I hadn't noticed that before, you are correct - the counters are showing 500rpgs when it should be 250rpgs. I wonder if the 190 actually has 500rpgs for the 20s, that would be a lot of weight added on if so.

Edited by FuriousMeow

The Fw 190 has 250 rounds for each MG151 in BoS. So it's just the ammo counter that's wrong. It's also showing 1000 rounds instead of the 900 rounds for the MG17, so i'm assuming it's not really a bug, but just WIP.

The Fw 190 has 250 rounds for each MG151 in BoS. So it's just the ammo counter that's wrong. It's also showing 1000 rounds instead of the 900 rounds for the MG17, so i'm assuming it's not really a bug, but just WIP.

Not according to my testing. The time to fire all MG151/20 rounds is around the time it would take to fire 500 rounds according to the firing rate. It took 33 or 34 seconds to fire all rounds out of the MG151/20. The 750rpm firing rate produces 12.5rounds per second. 12.5 rounds per second times 32 seconds produces 400 rounds, so the firing rate might be off too. or I totally fubared... unless the inner wing cannons fired according to prop sync... then I definitely fubared and my testing is invalid.

Edited by FuriousMeow

It takes roughly 25 seconds to fire all the rounds of the MG151 (when running with full propeller revs, not when idling). That gives a rate of fire of about 600 rounds per minute, if the ammo load is 250 rounds, which seems accurate (it's 700 rounds per minute unsynchronized).

Edited by Matt

Not according to my testing. The time to fire all MG151/20 rounds is around the time it would take to fire 500 rounds according to the firing rate. It took 33 or 34 seconds to fire all rounds out of the MG151/20. The 750rpm firing rate produces 12.5rounds per second. 12.5 rounds per second times 32 seconds produces 400 rounds, so the firing rate might be off too. or I totally fubared... unless the inner wing cannons fired according to prop sync... then I definitely fubared and my testing is invalid.

Inner cannons are prop-sync'd. They fire through the propeller.

So are you guys seeing the running infantry?

I think I have yet to see it, don't know if I am just not close enough to see it or what. Typically I load up a flight in the QMB. I add some ground targets to the flight. After getting through the dogfighting, I then proceed to go after what ground targets there are. Normally vehicles and artillery. Can't say that I have seen any infantry yet...

Speaking of QMB, I am sure it will get some fine tuning and I sure hope so. Last QMB I loaded up was my flying in a Yak, I had a flight of 3 of us, and a second flight of 4 of us. Going up against 4 109's and 4 HE-111's.

Shortly after we took off, a command was issued  that objectives completed, return to base. Yikes! First shot had not even been fired yet. And what do the other 6 flyers do on my side? Yep, they return to base. Even with my issuing commands to attack enemy air targets, they return to base.  So there I was, just me against these 8 enemy aircraft . I am decent, but not that dang good lol.

• Upvote 1

I think I have yet to see it, don't know if I am just not close enough to see it or what. Typically I load up a flight in the QMB. I add some ground targets to the flight. After getting through the dogfighting, I then proceed to go after what ground targets there are. Normally vehicles and artillery. Can't say that I have seen any infantry yet...

They simply do not consider you being such a big threat to make them jump out of their cars :P

Yesterday I saw soldiers walking across parking place at Grishin airport.It was on US eagles server.I must admit that I was tempted to grind them with prop of my LaGG   :biggrin:

S!

Saw the crews standing by their guns in Tatarenko's excellent single mission "Ghosts in the snow", but they did not run away even I did shoot at them damaging the gun. Neither seen them running from trucks or just fast destroying the vehicles :P

Flanker,in fact they were running away but there is a bug when they hit protection barrier around gun placement,they keep running into it :biggrin:

I've seen that on Eagle's nest just today.

1CPij0I.jpg

• Upvote 1

I'd think it is more of a horse racing term. Splitting hairs maybe, but it really isn't a baseball term other than the  baseball season is in it's last month.

Let's hope the jockey doesn't fall off this horse in the stretch.

My "Where is the mission builder?" tread got locked without any explanation.

If I were a betting man I'd bet that those "certain players" are the yes men most developers like to keep around to tell them how great their product is...

• Upvote 1

If I were a betting man I'd bet that those "certain players" are the yes men most developers like to keep around to tell them how great their product is...

You had a very good explanation.

...and a few times I have seen them dive into the ground, not sure if it's a glitch or them "making a mistake".

Just had this with 2 Ace bots in 109 F4s. Tower said something like "break off and land", then one crashed 200m from base.

I did a turn to make a pass of the runway, and boom goes the other one. :blink:

This sim doesn't need yesmen.. it has fans. This team does not want to hear how great their product is.. if it isn't great. Since it is great however .. :salute:

Nice addition the soldiers. :)

Are they animated?

In that case it would be a suggestion to add the condense when breathing.

But I think it is a little too much asked these kind of details. ;)

Something like this I mean:

RussianSoldier_zpsc636409c.jpg

Edited by Uufflakke
  • Upvote 1

Any particle effect, like breath you request, is a system resource drain.  I'd rather see more clouds than grumpy soldiers' vodka breath, but, that's just my opinion... :)

Can anyone answer this?
Who is the No man?

The "no man" is probably a guy who makes a perfect three-point landing and still manages to get a propeller strike or a ground loop....

Nice addition the soldiers. :)

Are they animated?

In that case it would be a suggestion to add the condense when breathing.

But I think it is a little too much asked these kind of details. ;)

Something like this I mean:

RussianSoldier_zpsc636409c.jpg

A damage model, please like the planes have  :)

A damage model, please like the planes have :)

Well, in that case... If they get covered with the "black spots" version of the DM it'll be hard to tell if they are shot or covered in motor oil. They'd also be damaged in cookie cutter fashion - " I know you got shot in the knee, but we have to fold and tear you at the perforated line above your hip... It's the only damage we felt like accounting for."

Edited by FalkeEins

If it is so bad, why do you care to even play?

You know, all sims have the same type of damage and its for a reason.

Edited by FuriousMeow
  • Upvote 1

If it is so bad, why do you care to even play?

You know, all sims have the same type of damage and its for a reason.

What I'm wondering... 

There's a bunch of stuff I'd like to have in the game, and a bunch of stuff I don't like. But considering the circumstances, the devs have done a stellar job and the moment I get into a plane all those little niggles just kind-of fall away. I'm left with a game I enjoy playing. 

Disagreed because that isn't true.

Okay, show me an air combat sim where they don't use set breaks.

If you show me racing sims, show me in those racing sims where they deal with high speed objects puncturing their skin and then exploding within, or damaging an object within that car causing it to leak or the engine to become damaged, the wheel being exploded out by an explosive round, not just cars rubbing or running into each other, or into a wall. Because that isn't the same.

Edited by FuriousMeow

Okay, show me an air combat sim where they don't use set breaks.

If you show me racing sims, show me in those racing sims where they deal with high speed objects puncturing their skin and then exploding within, or damaging an object within that car causing it to leak or the engine to become damaged, the wheel being exploded out by an explosive round, not just cars rubbing or running into each other, or into a wall. Because that isn't the same.

Sorry pal, but I have no intentions to humor your diatribe. Not debating your "break sets" but go ahead and show me a simulator outside of 777 that introduces "tear here" 2D perforation decals as consistently as this title.

CloD does damage rendering and "break sets" in a significantly more convincing manner. As does DCS.

• Upvote 2

New version is available.

- Roll controls now are jamming when wing part is broken
- Normal Flight with broken part of wing now is very hard or impossible
- Trail behind plane which have landed emergency was added
- Dedicated server was optimised, we suppose that now DServer will have stable support up to 45-50 players
- Single game was optimized, single missions now may be 20% more complex
- Fire on the plane now may cause not only explosion but also the break off the part where fire is located
- Problems with unstopable gun firing when gun was damaged or pilot bailed out while shoot were fixed
- German planes now are have a new more usable algorythm of wheel brakes control with one button or axis: when common brake is holded and rudder is declined to the right the left brake pedal will push out
- Planes course handling on landing and taxing were adjusted
- FW 190 airflow around tail was re-tuned, now it is handling ok on taxi without brakes if pitch control is manual and is on minimum
- Autopilot now is starting engine and taxing to runway ok on parking start
- Radio now is turned off when plane is turned off on ground
- Radio now is unawailable on external views
- Plane airframe collapse sounds on hight speed and G-load now are more noticeable
- Random application crash on plane total explosion on collide were fixed
- New in-mission user interface design is implemented, it's only 80% ready and will be completed on next week
- We have added new map lines and zones for mission designers
- GUI hand-ups on flight map open and closing were fixed
- Too close disappear of MG cases was fixed
- Game Interface now not allows to Start a flight while you have not received the current game server statistics, this measure is excludes the situation when you have incorrect first flight results if this is your second visit to this server

• Upvote 8